Eddie Merlot's - Columbus
1570 Polaris Parkway
Columbus, OH 43240Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Eddie Merlot's - Columbus
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.eddiemerlots.com/
- Phone: (614) 433-7307
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Geoff Kelty
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Eddie Merlot’s talented culinary team and our expert service staff are dedicated to providing you and your guests with a truly memorable dining experience. It is their goal to provide a fine dining steak house with emphasis on serving the finest U.S.D.A. Prime Aged Beef and Seafood. Side dishes are served family style and are large enough to serve two if desired. Eddie Merlot’s boasts a contemporary but stunningly elegant interior design and atmosphere—where guests can have fun, relax and enjoy listening to up-tempo music, while dressed in business or casual attire. There are three private rooms/areas to choose from according to your needs. The Chardonnay Room, which can seat approximately 40 guests comfortably, the Merlot Room, which seats approximately 70 guests and the Cabernet Room, seating 40 guests. Eddie Merlot’s Sales Manager will assist you plan a function that will leave your guests knowing who is the best host in town, you!
- Private Party Contact: Jesica Kantner 6144337307
A word from Eddie Merlot's - Columbus
Eddie Merlot's Prime-aged Beef and Seafood starts with U.S.D.A. Prime Beef and the freshest seafood. Eddie Merlot’s has created one of the hottest concepts today; the wine bar provides more than 70 wines by the glass and a very extensive reserve wine collection by the bottle. The bar is stocked with all of the finest spirits and after dinner cordials and cognacs. Eddie Merlot’s boasts a contemporary, but stunningly elegant interior design and atmosphere where guests can have fun, relax and enjoy listening to up-tempo music, while dressed in business or casual attire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Eddie Merlot's - Columbus - Best Restaurants in Polaris ›
Eddie Merlot's - Columbus reviews from OpenTable diners
163 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (130)romantic (97)notable wine list (82)fit for foodies (59)good for groups (45)hot spot (13)neighborhood gem (11)vibrant bar scene (10)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (3)great for lunch (2)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Husband's birthdaymdsmithDined on 11/17/2014We celebrated my husband's birthday at Eddie Merlots's. We both enjoyed our meals very much. He had a bison steak which he thought was great. I had very good duck. We always finish our meal at Eddie Merlot's with the banna foster. It is prepared table side and so very good. The service was perfect. We did not feel rushed nor did we have to wait for our courses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/17/2014Service was excellent . Really nice ambiance . Food was good .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third time diningSkibumVIPDined on 11/17/2014This is fhe third time that I have dined here. Every time has been exceptional. The Bison fillet is awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time had by allOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014The service and food at Eddies was top notch. Everybody at the table ordered steaks and they were perfect! Our server Jason was very attentive to our needs and made the experience notable. I would highly recommend Eddie Merlot's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GraboDined on 11/6/2014Beautiful and elequent dinning with a relaxed atmosphere. Our meal was exceptionally prepared. The dinning service was outstanding. We will definitely return again for a fun evening. Also, do not miss the chance to enjoy the incredible desserts ... save room - they are worth every bite !Special Features:
- Great steaks!SG50VIPDined on 11/5/2014My son and I went in to try the new steaks being offered by EM. They were awesome. We will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BethBethDined on 11/2/2014Food was good but rather expensive. We were seated in the bar area in very low seats that made eating at the table awkward. The waiter was rather pushy. Not a bad experience but not a great one either.Special Features:
- awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014I have been here twice. The food is delicious and service is excellent. This place never disappoints! Keep up the good work. My friends and I go to different restaurants and eat regularly and yours remains one of the favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulYummyDined on 11/1/2014My wife and I took our kids to Eddie Merlot's for my birthday. Believe it or not, they had a wonderful kids menu for the kids to choose from. It was great as always and will continue to visit Eddie Merlot's.Special Features:
- Eddie Merlot'sOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2014This is one of the best steak houses we have in Columbus, I do feel the ambiance could be better. I think it is just a step above cheesecake factory. I think of a steak house I think of lower lighting more private sitting areas to be romantic. This is not for a romantic date that is for sure. Just to open for that and to bright. The service is fantastic and the steaks are great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- House wine was pretty good.KnowgreatfoodDined on 10/31/2014My wife and I came here with my nephew and his wife. i got the filet, shrimp and andouille sausage that I would recvend if you want a little bit of everything. My wife got the duck and said it was incredible. We normally don't get house wines but the Cabernet was. Napa cab was perfect for both dishes. The beet salad was very good as well as the tomato bisque. The sides are all big enough for 2-3 people. We got the asparagus and it was done just right. My nephew got the braised beef ribs and really liked them. His wife got the small fillet and was very happy with it. We would all come back here again. Very good food, good service without being "too much" and nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014My wife and I went to Eddie Merlot's in Columbus for our anniversary. We have been fortunate to experience some of the finer dining establishments across the country. Bar none this was the best steak we have ever eaten. We are excited and already planning our return to Eddie Merlot's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal...great serviceh20worksDined on 10/27/2014Brett was attentive throughout the evening. Food was great as usualSpecial Features:
- Topnotch food background music poorfoodieDined on 10/25/20147pm reservations. The food was absolutely spectacular. Ahi tuna entrée - outstanding. My husband's filet was perfect. There was terrible hyped up background music. Candles on tables were not lit. Entrées were brought out to quickly and we were still eating appetizers. Calamari and cocktail shrimp were excellent but huge jumbo shrimp seemed like something made for large burly men having beers in Bj's. design and aesthetics in bar/lounge top-notch but had the lighting of Walmart - Way too bright! would only recommend to groups not for romance at this point. Lots of potential thrown out the door.Special Features:
- Fit for a king and queen!CongressQueenDined on 10/24/2014We were seated immediately, wait staff was cordial, responsive and eloquent. Food was tasty and innovative. A culinary deliqht!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/23/2014Not just a steakhouse the pecan crusted trout w as outstanding. Service professionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy 49th AnniversaryCastleDined on 10/23/2014We were celebrating our 49th wedding anniversary. We started off with salad and cheese appetizers and had the Chateaubriand for two, some great wine and finished it off with Banana Fosters. Everything was wonderful and reminded us of a dinners we had at a little French Restaurant in Huntington Beach California over 40 years ago. We have been looking for a restaurant that prepared Banana Fosters the traditional way, they did and it was as good as remembered it to be. Our waiter was outstanding, his recommendations were excellent, he paid just enough attention to our needs and allowed us to enjoy our meal and our time together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & ServicefinefoodieDined on 10/23/2014This was our second visit to Eddie Merlot's. Both times were on special occasions (birthday, anniversary). As always, the food was top notch and service on par with the finest upscale resturant. The prices are comparable to this class of eatery. We will continue to eat their for special occassions. They are a true five star resturant for fine dining.Special Features:
- Exceptional DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/21/2014We were in a party of 4 and 2 of us were celebrating birthdays. The evening was just wonderful! Monica was our waitress and she was excellent, very informative, friendly & efficient. It is our favorite place to eat in Columbus!Special Features:
- Wonderful RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014We have always had a great experience at Rddie Melot's and I would highly remcommend to anyone.Special Features:
- Great PlaceRogioDined on 10/18/2014It was our first time at Eddie Merlot's on October 18, 2014 and we were celebrating our wedding anniversary. I thought the food was fantastic, the service was fantastic and loved the ambiance of the place. The lounge singer was a welcome surprise. Will certainly return again soon!Special Features:
- Enjoying Columbusluz2dineDined on 10/18/2014The dining was amazing, The food was very good I'm so glad I found this place. I will definitely return. Absolutely loved booking my reservations through open table, how fast and easy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweetest Day dinner: Fabulous!WayneDined on 10/18/2014We went to Eddies for the Sweetest Day special of filet & lobster; both my wife and I felt it was one of the best dinners we have had in a restaurant in a very long time! The filets were simply perfect in every regard and the lobster was tender, fresh, and full of flavor (no rubber here!). Our server was absolutely wonderful; we was entertaining and helpful. So, in spite of the $$ tag, it was worth it! We love the over the top deco decor and the side dishes are wonderful (only one comment: the brussel sprouts needed "charred a bit more" and maybe blanched a bit before since they were a bit "raw"); Overall A+Special Features:
- Sweetest DayWestervilleFrequentVIPDined on 10/18/2014Service was off, we sat in the bar area and it appeared they didn have enough help or the waiter was over whelmed.Special Features:
- Younger People Get SnubbedLive2Eat86Dined on 10/18/2014Don't come here if you are or look under 35-40. The service was not overtly rude but we know we were being ignored. It took 30 minutes to even order our first drinks, we were never told the specials, the server didn't even remember our food orders and had to come back and double check. And this may sound petty, but we didn't even get bread while we waited. To add insult to injury, the table next to us got outstanding service. Even our banana's foster was half-assed. We watched all night as other tables got a nice show, we got a "uh, here you go". My steak came out under cooked and when I had it re-fired, it came back overcooked. The outside was so charred I really couldn't taste anything else. This was our second chance and last visit.
- Great MealDrTImDined on 10/16/2014The usual excellent food and service that we had come to expect from Eddie Merlots. They also made good on a birthday offer which was quite unexpected.Special Features:
- Great place for birthdays.CbusfoodieDined on 10/15/2014I recently chose Eddie Merlot for my fiance's birthday. I loved the ambiance-this is a great place to have an intimate dinner for a special occasion. The food was outstanding, and our server was very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as always!AlwaysgreatDined on 10/11/2014Food was great as well as service. This place is quickly becoming our favorite place to eat on special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale & funDaytonDinerDined on 10/11/2014My wife and I took our teenage (high school) + 2 twenty-something boys (home from college for a few days). We loved the food (especially the steaks). Jason was a great waiter and light-hearted which the boys especially enjoyed. We went early (5:30pm) so the boys could enjoy Saturday night with their friends so it worked out wonderfully as a special occasion / family night out.Special Features:
- Horrible and Rude ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/11/2014We were not even through with our meal and the bartender motioned another group over to take our seats. We felt rushed and it was extremely rude.
- Just OKjimihofDined on 10/10/2014With so many dining options in Columbus, especially in and around Polaris, EM failed to impress. While the"throwback menu" was cute, people don't really east like that any more... Escargot, Chateaubriand, bananas Foster... So 70's. Service was good but not great. The bill lived up to its higher than average reputation. We were glad we tried it, but are not in a hurry to go back.Special Features:
- porkyporkyDined on 10/9/2014excellent venue for special events and value menu promotions make it affordable for regular dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always WonderfulcharlieVIPDined on 10/5/2014This is one of the finest places in the greater Columbus area.Special Features:
- Lovely EveningBurgDined on 10/4/2014Food was delicious and well prepared. The server, Valerie, was excellent and was very friendly, helpful and thoughtful. Always a great place with great atmosphere, good music and good food which makes for a pleasant evening.Special Features:
- Good food, not great.VegasBabyVIPDined on 10/3/20141st visit and will try again eventually to see if the experience varies. Food was good, no problems, just not great and sides came in good portions. Service and staff were excellent, just slow - took 10+ minutes to bring a slice of key lime pie out of the kitchen and another 10 to get the check paid. At this point, if I had to take good friends out for a great steak, it would still be Ruth's Chris.
- taste of foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014My wife ordered flat iron steak which was tough and Eddies potatoes which lacked flavor. I ordered meatloaf with a grossly large portion and unusual unappetizing flavor. The mashed potatoes and green beans were cold and had no flavor. The side of mushrooms were also cold. We were, also; surprised to see a $4 upcharge for getting the waldorf salad instead of the caesar in the chefs creations, when on the menu individually they are both $9. Would not come back.Special Features:
- Dessert was the StarHeni336Dined on 10/2/2014Quality of the food was awesome, but the flavor could have been bumped up a notch. Drinks were good and dessert was outstanding. We had the Brownie which is meant for 2 but easily served 3. Served table side, complete with Cognac set ablaze and chocolate ganache.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great and Friendly ServicecleverDined on 10/2/2014This is a great restaurant. The atmosphere was superb and the restaurant was very clean. the staff was very friendly. This was one of the cleanest restaurant's I have ever been to and will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Chateaubriand!DracheDined on 10/1/2014It was our third time at Eddie Merlot's and I always wanted to try the chateaubriand and this time we got it. It was excellent prepared and when you consider the two sides which are included it's a good value. We had brussel sprouts and truffle fries. The fries were addictive, the brussel sprouts had too much bacon. Brad, our waiter was very friendly and professionel in cutting the chateaubriand. What I didn't like at all are the seats in the bar section. They don't match with the height of the the table, so you sit like a six year old at the adult table and your table manners look odd and clumpsy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Polaris Location4greatsteaksDined on 9/22/2014Ambiance was fantastic and staff very friendly and attentive. The steak was great, as well as the al la carte items.Special Features: