Eddie Merlot's - Cincinnati
10808 Montgomery Rd.
Cincinnati, OH 45242Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Eddie Merlot's - Cincinnati
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.eddiemerlots.com/
- Phone: 5134891212
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Bryan Hopping
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Eddie Merlot’s talented culinary team and our expert service staff are dedicated to providing you and your guests with a truly memorable dining experience. It is their goal to provide a fine dining steak house with emphasis on serving the finest U.S.D.A. Prime Aged Beef and Seafood. Side dishes are served family style and are large enough to serve two if desired. Eddie Merlot’s boasts a contemporary but stunningly elegant interior design and atmosphere—where guests can have fun, relax and enjoy listening to up-tempo music, while dressed in business or casual attire. There are three private rooms/areas to choose from according to your needs. The Chardonnay Room, which can seat approximately 40 guests comfortably, the Merlot Room, which seats approximately 80 guests and the Cabernet Room, seating 40 guests. Eddie Merlot’s Sales Manager will assist you plan a function that will leave your guests knowing who is the best host in town, you!
- Private Party Contact: Melanie Sandy 5134891212
A word from Eddie Merlot's - Cincinnati
Eddie Merlot's Prime-aged Beef and Seafood starts with U.S.D.A. Prime Beef and the freshest seafood. Eddie Merlot’s has created one of the hottest concepts today; the wine bar provides more than 75 wines by the glass and a very extensive reserve wine collection by the bottle. The bar is stocked with all of the finest spirits and after dinner cordials and Cognacs. Eddie Merlot’s boasts a contemporary but stunningly elegant interior design and atmosphere—where guests can have fun, relax and enjoy listening to up-tempo music, while dressed in business or casual attire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Eddie Merlot's - Cincinnati - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
Eddie Merlot's - Cincinnati reviews from OpenTable diners
194 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (151)notable wine list (91)romantic (87)fit for foodies (51)good for groups (43)neighborhood gem (38)vibrant bar scene (22)hot spot (14)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (7)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Can't go wrongLDH48Dined on 9/27/2014You really cannot go wrong eating here. Nice building design...great menu selection...very good food...awesome service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/26/2014My husband and I have been going to Eddie Merlot for special occasions for yrs. We've always received high quality service & excellent food. This time was different. Valet was not offered. We sat for 10 min until a server greeted us. We had to request a wine list & the wine we ordered was not shown on the list. The waiter came by 2x to give us the specials, forgetting that he described them already. The asparagus was overdone. A mgr stopped by to ask how dinner was & offered to take it off the bill. After receiving the bill, the asparagus was not taken off, along with a coupon we gave. This took an additional 10-15 min because of the mistake. Very disappointed and my husband asked me to remind him not to come back again.Special Features:
- AnnieDined on 9/20/2014My husband and I were celebrating our 28th wedding anniversary. We arrived early to have a drink at the bar before our reservation. The bartenders were great and a lot of fun. Our reservation was delayed by 30 minutes so we just went back to the bar and relaxed. When we were shown to our table, our wine was complimentary due to our wait. That gesture was great. The restaurant made it right. Our food was excellent and our waitress was wonderful. We will definitely return to Eddie Merlot's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect mealRickJamesDined on 9/20/2014This place is one of the best! The food is euphoric! The service is just outstanding! Simply put; If you haven't eaten here,YOU MUST!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeRegularVIPDined on 9/19/2014We are from out of town and saw Eddie Merlots advertised in the Southwest Airlines magazine. We decided to try it after seeing it listed in Open Table. We are so glad we did. The crab cakes, wedge salad, lobster bisque and sea bass were all perfect! And we are pretty picky. Excellent restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthdays. :)JoBaVIPDined on 9/18/2014Had dinner at Eddies to celebrate a birthday. Service was excellent (thanks, Michelle!) Manager on duty (Terry) stopped by twice to check in. Bartender (Jimmie!) made us some excellent berry white martinis. Ate in the bar, much more casual, but still lovely. Had a chef's special which was delicious (Shrimp & Filet), plus who doesn't love their carrot cake? Thanks to all at Eddie's for making this an extra special birthday.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2014Outstanding customer service and phenominal food. Will be a favorite spot for my wife and I in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Steak!JSLSDined on 9/13/2014Dinned there last weekend for the first time after a high recommendation. Food was very good, although I found the Prime Fillet superior to the Bone-in Rib Eye which is usually the opposite for me. Service was outstanding. Nice wine list, great Wedge Salad with Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing. I felt the atmosphere was a little too bright and didn’t care for the bold décor which was a little reminiscent of “Grand Luxe Café/Cheesecake Factory---not cozy or intimate in the least. I also thought the music was a tad too loud and should have been more in the background. They offer outdoor seating and will try that next time if weather prevails.Special Features:
- SpiffDined on 9/13/2014The food and the service are consistently outstanding.Special Features:
- Birthday Spot for GrandmaCLK29Dined on 9/13/2014Eddie Merlot's has on more than one occasion accommodated our request for a "quieter" dining spot so my mother could hear better and enjoy everyone's company. We were not disappointed Saturday night and the hostess mentioned that they were seating us favorably for those conditions. Our food and wine were excellent and our server did an excellent job!Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Ambiance is tastefully contemporary and furnishings nicely executed. We were greeted by a friendly hostess and seated right away (reservation thru Open Table). Wait Staff performed their duties with a smile. Our waiter/sommelier, although a bit too familiar, quickly recommended an alternate wine when our favorite was not on the list. There was a bit of a wait after he brought wine to the table "to put a chill on the Fume Blanc". Food was very good; my wife's sea bass was nicely prepared but my salmon was overcooked...sauces were excellent. He brought us a Velvet Cupcake for our anniversary...nice gesture but the cupcake was OK at best. Creme Brulee was perfect. We will go back, but would like to see them up their game just a bit.
- Delightful!nander1VIPDined on 9/13/2014The food is great. Jackie is the beat server ever! The management always comes over to say hello!Special Features:
- AwesomesatisfiednewcomerDined on 9/12/2014From the moment we walked thru the door, our experience was awesome. We were first timers. We had heard lively things about the resturant. I loved the fact tht our server recommend things us. This place will be on our list of favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steaks need work25thanniversarybustDined on 9/12/2014This was our first time to dine at Eddie Merlot's. I was very excited to enjoy one of their famous steaks. Sadly my $70 bone in ribeye was over 2/3 fat and the remaining 1/3 was not that good. My wife's $60 filet was ordered medium and was more like well done. Very dry. The Waldorf salads were fantastic and I would recommend them to anyone. The Truffle Fries were also extremely good. The Manager congratulated us on our 25th anniversary and offered a desert on the house. Unfortunately, it was included on the bill. At $7 I was not going to argue and have it removed especially on our $212 bill for 2 people.
- burtor55Dined on 9/12/2014Great experience all around. Great server. Excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful birthday dinnergreeneyedbear70Dined on 9/9/2014Great food, service, & ambience. The steaks were delicious--tender & tasty. We are not rushed & ate in a relaxed atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasion destinationYumlover1Dined on 9/9/2014Service was wonderful and made us feel special. Wine list pretty good and staff helpful. Food was very good but price keeps us from going except on special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentadamDined on 9/7/2014Best steak I ever had. I will return to this restaurant again.Special Features:
- Service needs work.JJCincyDined on 9/6/2014At these prices, service needs to improve. Steak was under-seasoned and grouper was over cooked and smelled funny. Go to Carlo & Johnny or Tony's.
- 2nd time, just as goodMoloDined on 9/6/2014This restaurant may have pricey items, but it does not have to be expensive. They have very reasonable meals that include salad and a side for $28 - including filet! This was my second time and everything was just as amazing as the first time. Excellent food and service!Special Features:
- Perfect romantic dinner for 2!LollyDined on 9/6/2014The food and the service surpassed my expectations! We were celebrating our 18th wedding anniversary, and we were greeted as such upon arrival. Our hostess even asked what our secret is to a long lasting and successful marriage, which was very engaging. I was extremely impressed with our entire experience and we will definitely dine with them again soon. The chateaubriand was superb and recommended by our waitress. This was the first stop of our night of celebration which started our night off on a perfect note!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- thanks again EddieTrojan17Dined on 9/5/2014My wife I am go here quite often for not only special occasions but for romantic evenings out. Eddie's never fails to perform beyond our expectation. A wonderful dining experience. Without a doubt our favorite dining establishment on the north side.Special Features:
- Always LikeMaryDined on 9/4/2014I am a frequent guest at Eddie Merlot's and this visit has been just as pleasant as in the past. Great food, Great service.Special Features:
- Anniv dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/2/2014Food was delicious, portions were large & service was impeccable.Special Features:
- Everything was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014They did cook my steak wrong the first time but it was no big deal. They brought it back med rare just how I like it. Gave me a free beer and dessert for the trouble.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RonkDined on 8/31/2014Always a great dinner at Eddie M's. Service (David), food and the wine choicecwas excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Food, Wonderful ServiceNorwoodGalDined on 8/31/2014We really enjoyed ourselves. The service was outstanding. A great place for a special occasion. Very popular, so reservations are important.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerFizzkidDined on 8/30/2014I have heard good things and wanted to bring my girl out for a nice dinner. It was! Great food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We are regulars at this restaurantLwerVIPDined on 8/30/2014Always good food, good service, and friendly staff. The bar menu is very good, and begs to go there more often. My wife and I enjoy this several times a month. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for any occasionShadeDined on 8/29/2014We went for our anniversary and it was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 43rdgoodfoodDined on 8/28/2014We were having a night out for our 43rd anniversary and we made a good choice for dinner. The food, service and seating were all great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eddie Merlots must dofartingblondepartnerDined on 8/27/2014Food outstanding and service spectacular. Manager Ian and server Ian were both visible and just so welcoming. Super experience.Special Features:
- Great Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/27/2014My wife and I had steaks just as we ordered (medium rare and medium, respectively). The Caesar Salad I had was one of the best I have ever had and she enjoyed her Romaine Waldorf salad. We will definitely come back !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lindaVIPDined on 8/24/2014The food was not as good as priced compared to other establishments. My daughter and I ordered the Grouper and I couldn't eat it. No one in our party of six were pleased with their food. We lost our server a couple times for quite a long period of time. The other staff was quite attentive, even one of the managers spoke with us. The food just wasn't worth the price. The staff was very pleasant.Special Features:
- KeithRDined on 8/23/2014We patronize 4 to 5 times a year always good, we will remain a platinum memberSpecial Features:
- It was our AnniversaryMickFarrDined on 8/23/2014Me and my wife came to Eddie M for our anniversary and we enjoyed ourselves. Even tho this was our third visit it was most exciting. Our server Jackie was wonderful and she made our third visit by far our best experience at Eddie Merlot. Thank you the food, service and atmosphere was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food,great wine,great serviceeddieemailVIPDined on 8/23/2014A bit pricey so not for every night dinner, but a wonderful experience you won't forget and will put on your calendar to return.Special Features:
- 35yearsDined on 8/23/2014My husband and I celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary and our waitress did a great job on serving us and she was really helpful on taking the time to explain about the menu, and the side dishes are plenty enough to share with and have some dinner and side dishes left overs to take home. It was nice that they gave us complementary cupcake too, it's just enough sweet to complete our dinner. The only thing that we notice for a very nice place, the top of the dining chairs are dirty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChuckDDined on 8/22/2014Excellent food! Although the noise level was quite high including the audio settings the food overcame that and from the salads to the entree it was wonderful. We will definitely be dining there again.Special Features:
- Great place to comeDee23Dined on 8/20/2014Jackie was our server. She was fantastic. She helped with are food and wine selection. She knows her job. Thank you Jackie for a great dining experience .Special Features: