Eddie Merlot's - Cincinnati
10808 Montgomery Rd.
Cincinnati, OH 45242Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Eddie Merlot's - Cincinnati
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.eddiemerlots.com/
- Phone: 5134891212
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Bryan Hopping
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Eddie Merlot’s talented culinary team and our expert service staff are dedicated to providing you and your guests with a truly memorable dining experience. It is their goal to provide a fine dining steak house with emphasis on serving the finest U.S.D.A. Prime Aged Beef and Seafood. Side dishes are served family style and are large enough to serve two if desired. Eddie Merlot’s boasts a contemporary but stunningly elegant interior design and atmosphere—where guests can have fun, relax and enjoy listening to up-tempo music, while dressed in business or casual attire. There are three private rooms/areas to choose from according to your needs. The Chardonnay Room, which can seat approximately 40 guests comfortably, the Merlot Room, which seats approximately 80 guests and the Cabernet Room, seating 40 guests. Eddie Merlot’s Sales Manager will assist you plan a function that will leave your guests knowing who is the best host in town, you!
- Private Party Contact: Melanie Sandy 5134891212
A word from Eddie Merlot's - Cincinnati
Eddie Merlot's Prime-aged Beef and Seafood starts with U.S.D.A. Prime Beef and the freshest seafood. Eddie Merlot’s has created one of the hottest concepts today; the wine bar provides more than 75 wines by the glass and a very extensive reserve wine collection by the bottle. The bar is stocked with all of the finest spirits and after dinner cordials and Cognacs. Eddie Merlot’s boasts a contemporary but stunningly elegant interior design and atmosphere—where guests can have fun, relax and enjoy listening to up-tempo music, while dressed in business or casual attire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Eddie Merlot's - Cincinnati - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
Eddie Merlot's - Cincinnati reviews from OpenTable diners
184 reviews since May 18, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (138)notable wine list (84)romantic (79)fit for foodies (45)good for groups (37)neighborhood gem (34)vibrant bar scene (21)hot spot (10)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (6)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014From the moment we walked thru the door, our experience was awesome. We were first timers. We had heard lively things about the resturant. I loved the fact tht our server recommend things us. This place will be on our list of favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2014Great experience all around. Great server. Excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful birthday dinnergreeneyedbear70Dined on 9/9/2014Great food, service, & ambience. The steaks were delicious--tender & tasty. We are not rushed & ate in a relaxed atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasion destinationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014Service was wonderful and made us feel special. Wine list pretty good and staff helpful. Food was very good but price keeps us from going except on special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service needs work.JJCincyDined on 9/6/2014At these prices, service needs to improve. Steak was under-seasoned and grouper was over cooked and smelled funny. Go to Carlo & Johnny or Tony's.
- 2nd time, just as goodMoloDined on 9/6/2014This restaurant may have pricey items, but it does not have to be expensive. They have very reasonable meals that include salad and a side for $28 - including filet! This was my second time and everything was just as amazing as the first time. Excellent food and service!Special Features:
- Perfect romantic dinner for 2!LollyDined on 9/6/2014The food and the service surpassed my expectations! We were celebrating our 18th wedding anniversary, and we were greeted as such upon arrival. Our hostess even asked what our secret is to a long lasting and successful marriage, which was very engaging. I was extremely impressed with our entire experience and we will definitely dine with them again soon. The chateaubriand was superb and recommended by our waitress. This was the first stop of our night of celebration which started our night off on a perfect note!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- thanks again EddieTrojan17Dined on 9/5/2014My wife I am go here quite often for not only special occasions but for romantic evenings out. Eddie's never fails to perform beyond our expectation. A wonderful dining experience. Without a doubt our favorite dining establishment on the north side.Special Features:
- Always LikeMaryDined on 9/4/2014I am a frequent guest at Eddie Merlot's and this visit has been just as pleasant as in the past. Great food, Great service.Special Features:
- Anniv dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/2/2014Food was delicious, portions were large & service was impeccable.Special Features:
- Everything was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014They did cook my steak wrong the first time but it was no big deal. They brought it back med rare just how I like it. Gave me a free beer and dessert for the trouble.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RonkDined on 8/31/2014Always a great dinner at Eddie M's. Service (David), food and the wine choicecwas excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Food, Wonderful ServiceNorwoodGalDined on 8/31/2014We really enjoyed ourselves. The service was outstanding. A great place for a special occasion. Very popular, so reservations are important.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerFizzkidDined on 8/30/2014I have heard good things and wanted to bring my girl out for a nice dinner. It was! Great food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We are regulars at this restaurantLwerVIPDined on 8/30/2014Always good food, good service, and friendly staff. The bar menu is very good, and begs to go there more often. My wife and I enjoy this several times a month. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for any occasionShadeDined on 8/29/2014We went for our anniversary and it was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 43rdgoodfoodDined on 8/28/2014We were having a night out for our 43rd anniversary and we made a good choice for dinner. The food, service and seating were all great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eddie Merlots must dofartingblondepartnerDined on 8/27/2014Food outstanding and service spectacular. Manager Ian and server Ian were both visible and just so welcoming. Super experience.Special Features:
- Great Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/27/2014My wife and I had steaks just as we ordered (medium rare and medium, respectively). The Caesar Salad I had was one of the best I have ever had and she enjoyed her Romaine Waldorf salad. We will definitely come back !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lindaVIPDined on 8/24/2014The food was not as good as priced compared to other establishments. My daughter and I ordered the Grouper and I couldn't eat it. No one in our party of six were pleased with their food. We lost our server a couple times for quite a long period of time. The other staff was quite attentive, even one of the managers spoke with us. The food just wasn't worth the price. The staff was very pleasant.Special Features:
- KeithRDined on 8/23/2014We patronize 4 to 5 times a year always good, we will remain a platinum memberSpecial Features:
- It was our AnniversaryMickFarrDined on 8/23/2014Me and my wife came to Eddie M for our anniversary and we enjoyed ourselves. Even tho this was our third visit it was most exciting. Our server Jackie was wonderful and she made our third visit by far our best experience at Eddie Merlot. Thank you the food, service and atmosphere was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food,great wine,great serviceeddieemailVIPDined on 8/23/2014A bit pricey so not for every night dinner, but a wonderful experience you won't forget and will put on your calendar to return.Special Features:
- 35yearsDined on 8/23/2014My husband and I celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary and our waitress did a great job on serving us and she was really helpful on taking the time to explain about the menu, and the side dishes are plenty enough to share with and have some dinner and side dishes left overs to take home. It was nice that they gave us complementary cupcake too, it's just enough sweet to complete our dinner. The only thing that we notice for a very nice place, the top of the dining chairs are dirty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChuckDDined on 8/22/2014Excellent food! Although the noise level was quite high including the audio settings the food overcame that and from the salads to the entree it was wonderful. We will definitely be dining there again.Special Features:
- Great place to comeDee23Dined on 8/20/2014Jackie was our server. She was fantastic. She helped with are food and wine selection. She knows her job. Thank you Jackie for a great dining experience .Special Features:
- 2nd timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2014Eddie Merlot's has become our favorite dining spot for special occasions. It used to be Jag's, but the food is just as good, or maybe even a touch better than Jag's, and the dining room is not as cramped and noisy as at Jag'sSpecial Features:
- Come againtomarthaDined on 8/16/2014We had an enjoyable dinner at Eddie Merlot's with one exception. My husband's steak was not as he ordered, but he ate it. When the manager came around and asked how everything was, my husband told him his steak was overcooked, according to what he had ordered. He was offered a replacement, but my husband declined as he had already consumed part of it. They tried to make things right by offering a complimentary dessert. We will come again. Love that bread!!Special Features:
- Our experiencemrfoodDined on 8/15/2014We enjoyed the ambiance of the facility. I was a bit disappointed that the waiter did not properly pour a sample taste of wine for my approval prior to filling the glass. However, he was very friendly, courteous and professional. I ordered the bone in Rib-eye which was cooked perfectly to my request but unfortunately lacked in flavor. The shrimp cocktail, side items and carrot cake were AWESOME! Should consider better flavoring for steak.Special Features:
- AmazingMoloDined on 8/15/2014First time here. Everything was outstanding. We were a party of 6 and everyone enjoyed every part of their meal. Sweet potatoes were delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinnermathmomDined on 8/15/2014We LOVE going to Eddie Merlot's. We go on our anniversary and either a birthday or Mother's/Father's Day. It is a place with great food and great service. It is expensive which is why we only go for special occasions, but that's what makes them special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay, not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014We shared the filet pot stickers and they were very good. I had the lobster bisque and was really dissapointed. It tasted like an unfinished dish. It was missing seasonings, maybe some sherry too. Then I had a $42 filet mignon and was not at all impressed. A little overcooked and way overpriced for the quality. The brussell sprouts for a side were absolutely fantastic. Eddie's potatoes were nothing special. My wife had a ceasar salad which she really liked. Then the meatloaf dinner which she said was good, not great. Our bill was $140 for the above with her one glass of wine and my one bottle of beer. The meal was acceptable, we just expected more from a place this expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- librarianVIPDined on 8/12/2014Everything was wonderful for my husband's birthday celebration. Our server Anthony was exceptionally terrific. Thank you.Special Features:
- noname1VIPDined on 8/12/2014We have dined at Eddie Merlot's several times in the past 18 months - it is our "go to" place for a fine dining experience on the NE side of metro Cincinnati. There are plenty of menu items to choose, in addition to an extensive array of beef.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!KikiDined on 8/9/2014My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our meal, from the service to the food to the ambience! Very special experience!Special Features:
- food, service wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014they handled a tree nut allergy very well and we felt comfortable. Server was so pleasant and went the extra mile!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was wonderful.WinstonDined on 8/7/2014We selected Eddie Merlot's because we had a gift certificate. Upon being seated our server asked if we had been there before and if it was a special occasion. We told him it was our first visit and it was our anniversary. We were very impressed with the presentation of the food, the quality of the food, and the service provided by Adam. My husband said the Ceaser salad was the best he has ever had and his trio of medallions were a delightful blend of toppings and cooked to perfection. My Sea Bass was excellent. Our daughter ordered a fillet and it was perfect. After we finished our meal our server brought out a surprise dessert in honor of our anniversary. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining!funyumDined on 8/5/2014We celebrated our 47th anniversary. The food was outstanding and the service was great. They even threw in a red velvet cupcake to celebrate our anniversary with no bothersome and embarrassing singing!Special Features:
- Worst food everiamafoodieVIPDined on 8/1/2014I forgot why I stopped coming to this restaurant. For the price, the steak was under or overcooked and tough. It's a beautiful restaurant in a great location and the ambience is wonderful. The food should be to die for as well. Unfortunately, it is not.
- Consistently goodCSBWDined on 7/30/2014Great prime steaks. Best carrot cake you may ever experience. Friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.