Eddie Merlot's - Cincinnati
10808 Montgomery Rd.
Cincinnati, OH 45242Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Eddie Merlot's - Cincinnati
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.eddiemerlots.com/
- Phone: 5134891212
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Bryan Hopping
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Eddie Merlot’s talented culinary team and our expert service staff are dedicated to providing you and your guests with a truly memorable dining experience. It is their goal to provide a fine dining steak house with emphasis on serving the finest U.S.D.A. Prime Aged Beef and Seafood. Side dishes are served family style and are large enough to serve two if desired. Eddie Merlot’s boasts a contemporary but stunningly elegant interior design and atmosphere—where guests can have fun, relax and enjoy listening to up-tempo music, while dressed in business or casual attire. There are three private rooms/areas to choose from according to your needs. The Chardonnay Room, which can seat approximately 40 guests comfortably, the Merlot Room, which seats approximately 80 guests and the Cabernet Room, seating 40 guests. Eddie Merlot’s Sales Manager will assist you plan a function that will leave your guests knowing who is the best host in town, you!
- Private Party Contact: Melanie Sandy 5134891212
A word from Eddie Merlot's - Cincinnati
Eddie Merlot's Prime-aged Beef and Seafood starts with U.S.D.A. Prime Beef and the freshest seafood. Eddie Merlot’s has created one of the hottest concepts today; the wine bar provides more than 75 wines by the glass and a very extensive reserve wine collection by the bottle. The bar is stocked with all of the finest spirits and after dinner cordials and Cognacs. Eddie Merlot’s boasts a contemporary but stunningly elegant interior design and atmosphere—where guests can have fun, relax and enjoy listening to up-tempo music, while dressed in business or casual attire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Eddie Merlot's - Cincinnati - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
Eddie Merlot's - Cincinnati reviews from OpenTable diners
204 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (156)romantic (97)notable wine list (96)fit for foodies (55)good for groups (51)neighborhood gem (43)vibrant bar scene (30)hot spot (14)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (10)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Superb as always!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014We have been to Eddie Merlot's on several occasions and have NEVER once had anything other than a great time. The food is always fantastic. The service is exquisite. Howie and Mark are fabulous and I have always had a great time with them. Terry is always around to check on us and catch up. The is my favorite place to be!!!
- PapaPhilandPapaPhil111111Dined on 10/18/2014A little pricy but one goes there for the experience.Special Features:
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014It was our Anniversary celebration and I made reservations through open table but put on note to be seated in bar if possible. We had perfect table by fireplace. It was awesome. Food and service spot on as well. Never disappointed here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- knittinmama2knittinmama2Dined on 10/18/2014We absolutely love Eddie Merlot's....have never had a bad experience when we have dined there. It is our favorite place to go for special occasions...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grat place to dine and celebrateMontgomeryDined on 10/17/2014Go to Eddie Merlots frequently to meet friends at the bar, celebrate special occasions or for a romantic night out. Gray atmosphere, food and service all the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014We enjoyed our anniversary dinner at Eddie Merlot's. We had a lovely dinner and the food was delicious. Our server was attentive and helpful. Would recommend for a special occasion. It is a little pricey for us but the food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor servicefootball84Dined on 10/12/2014We had dinner in the lounge early on Sunday evening. There were very few customers there, but the crowd increased by around 6:30. We received the same low level of service regardless of the number of customers present. They had a burger on the menu that was over $11 that I did not finish after I hit gristle twice.
- A bad start gone rightLuckyLukeDined on 10/11/2014The evening got off to a bad start. The "annex" is not a great room. After 20 minutes without a waiter, I went to the front to get one. The wine steward brought the wrong wine. Fortunately, the food was great and we got the right wine bottle for the price of a glass. So, it turned out OK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/9/2014We love coming here for a special night out and the experience never disappoints. Our waitress was attentive, funny and knowledable about the men. We love the manager who takes time to check in with everyone and chat a bit. Makes you fel like you are "home". The food is always delicious. Who ever knew I would be too full from the wonderful broccoli,to order dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday at Eddie'sLindaDined on 10/8/2014I took my son to Eddie's for his birthday. Our server was very affable and professional, but we had to wait a long time for service. He suggested a type of burger for my son that he ended up not liking. Too bad! Otherwise, it was a nice time.Special Features:
- Excellent dinner - well servedTigerMikeDined on 10/7/2014Dinner for two of us was very pleasant. Filet mignon was all you would want - very tender, great flavor, and served exactly as ordered. The New Orleans Mixed Grill was tasty with a nice small steak, sausages, and shrimp with a spicy but not overpowering sauce. Our waiter, Iain, was very professional - helpful with the menu and wine list, and matched service timing to our needs. We were not rushed and each course arrived just about when we wanted it. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- ServiceFannonDined on 10/6/2014Great service, the waiter was charming and attentive without being intrusiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Treat!BlueStarMomDined on 10/5/2014Eddie Merlots is our favorite go to place to celebrate great food and great friends! The service, food selections, preparation and perfect ambiance have always been the norm here. Not too stuffy. Just right!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A night to rememberexceptionalDined on 10/5/2014My husband surprised me with a reservation at Eddie Merlots for dinner Saturday night. We were seated in the Merlot room and it was reminiscent of my recent luxury cruise culinary experience. The dining staff was attentive, our waiter was very knowledgeable and recommended a fine Merlot to compliment our steak and the food was spectacular. We began with a smoked salmon with eggs, caper, crème fresh, and homemade crudités followed by filet mignon, green beans with a wasabi aioli, brussel sprouts with onions in balsamic glaze, and homemade mashed potato's. Dinner was not a meal but a culinary experience. To end the meal, we ordered tea and the noteworthy carrot cake. It was the best I've ever tasted. Eddie Merlot's is exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014They knew we were celebrating my husbands birthday. Very attentive and knew the menu wellbSpecial Features:
- Always a HitJamesDined on 10/4/2014Eddie Merlot's never disappoints! Food and service are always outstanding. One of our favorites for a special occasion or a romantic dinner out.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014The round soft chairs needed a "Booster Seat" for both of us to be comfortable at the table. Without the seat, my eye level was at the same as the table level. The servers did bring extra pads for our seats.Special Features:
- BarMaureenDined on 10/3/2014Jimmy, a bartender at Eddie Merlots, it great. He knows your drink, is very attentive. A real plus you don't always findSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceSandlerTrainingDined on 10/2/2014Great food and atmosphere. I liked the fish and New Orleans style foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, comfort level variesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/30/2014Absolutely love the food and service. I've eaten there a half dozen times or so and have never been disappointed. My only issue is that the sound level can be annoying in most areas, especially on weekends, which is when I generally eat out. Maybe I need to stick with Tuesday to remain in gastric and auditory heaven.Special Features:
- Good foodParentsnightoutDined on 9/30/2014Food was great, service was very slow, possibly judge mental.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't go wrongLDH48Dined on 9/27/2014You really cannot go wrong eating here. Nice building design...great menu selection...very good food...awesome service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedCongressgirl4Dined on 9/26/2014My husband and I have been going to Eddie Merlot for special occasions for yrs. We've always received high quality service & excellent food. This time was different. Valet was not offered. We sat for 10 min until a server greeted us. We had to request a wine list & the wine we ordered was not shown on the list. The waiter came by 2x to give us the specials, forgetting that he described them already. The asparagus was overdone. A mgr stopped by to ask how dinner was & offered to take it off the bill. After receiving the bill, the asparagus was not taken off, along with a coupon we gave. This took an additional 10-15 min because of the mistake. Very disappointed and my husband asked me to remind him not to come back again.Special Features:
- AnnieDined on 9/20/2014My husband and I were celebrating our 28th wedding anniversary. We arrived early to have a drink at the bar before our reservation. The bartenders were great and a lot of fun. Our reservation was delayed by 30 minutes so we just went back to the bar and relaxed. When we were shown to our table, our wine was complimentary due to our wait. That gesture was great. The restaurant made it right. Our food was excellent and our waitress was wonderful. We will definitely return to Eddie Merlot's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect mealRickJamesDined on 9/20/2014This place is one of the best! The food is euphoric! The service is just outstanding! Simply put; If you haven't eaten here,YOU MUST!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeRegularVIPDined on 9/19/2014We are from out of town and saw Eddie Merlots advertised in the Southwest Airlines magazine. We decided to try it after seeing it listed in Open Table. We are so glad we did. The crab cakes, wedge salad, lobster bisque and sea bass were all perfect! And we are pretty picky. Excellent restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthdays. :)JoBaVIPDined on 9/18/2014Had dinner at Eddies to celebrate a birthday. Service was excellent (thanks, Michelle!) Manager on duty (Terry) stopped by twice to check in. Bartender (Jimmie!) made us some excellent berry white martinis. Ate in the bar, much more casual, but still lovely. Had a chef's special which was delicious (Shrimp & Filet), plus who doesn't love their carrot cake? Thanks to all at Eddie's for making this an extra special birthday.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2014Outstanding customer service and phenominal food. Will be a favorite spot for my wife and I in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Steak!JSLSDined on 9/13/2014Dinned there last weekend for the first time after a high recommendation. Food was very good, although I found the Prime Fillet superior to the Bone-in Rib Eye which is usually the opposite for me. Service was outstanding. Nice wine list, great Wedge Salad with Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing. I felt the atmosphere was a little too bright and didn’t care for the bold décor which was a little reminiscent of “Grand Luxe Café/Cheesecake Factory---not cozy or intimate in the least. I also thought the music was a tad too loud and should have been more in the background. They offer outdoor seating and will try that next time if weather prevails.Special Features:
- SpiffDined on 9/13/2014The food and the service are consistently outstanding.Special Features:
- Birthday Spot for GrandmaCLK29Dined on 9/13/2014Eddie Merlot's has on more than one occasion accommodated our request for a "quieter" dining spot so my mother could hear better and enjoy everyone's company. We were not disappointed Saturday night and the hostess mentioned that they were seating us favorably for those conditions. Our food and wine were excellent and our server did an excellent job!Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Ambiance is tastefully contemporary and furnishings nicely executed. We were greeted by a friendly hostess and seated right away (reservation thru Open Table). Wait Staff performed their duties with a smile. Our waiter/sommelier, although a bit too familiar, quickly recommended an alternate wine when our favorite was not on the list. There was a bit of a wait after he brought wine to the table "to put a chill on the Fume Blanc". Food was very good; my wife's sea bass was nicely prepared but my salmon was overcooked...sauces were excellent. He brought us a Velvet Cupcake for our anniversary...nice gesture but the cupcake was OK at best. Creme Brulee was perfect. We will go back, but would like to see them up their game just a bit.
- Delightful!nander1VIPDined on 9/13/2014The food is great. Jackie is the beat server ever! The management always comes over to say hello!Special Features:
- AwesomesatisfiednewcomerDined on 9/12/2014From the moment we walked thru the door, our experience was awesome. We were first timers. We had heard lively things about the resturant. I loved the fact tht our server recommend things us. This place will be on our list of favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steaks need work25thanniversarybustDined on 9/12/2014This was our first time to dine at Eddie Merlot's. I was very excited to enjoy one of their famous steaks. Sadly my $70 bone in ribeye was over 2/3 fat and the remaining 1/3 was not that good. My wife's $60 filet was ordered medium and was more like well done. Very dry. The Waldorf salads were fantastic and I would recommend them to anyone. The Truffle Fries were also extremely good. The Manager congratulated us on our 25th anniversary and offered a desert on the house. Unfortunately, it was included on the bill. At $7 I was not going to argue and have it removed especially on our $212 bill for 2 people.
- burtor55Dined on 9/12/2014Great experience all around. Great server. Excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful birthday dinnergreeneyedbear70Dined on 9/9/2014Great food, service, & ambience. The steaks were delicious--tender & tasty. We are not rushed & ate in a relaxed atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasion destinationYumlover1Dined on 9/9/2014Service was wonderful and made us feel special. Wine list pretty good and staff helpful. Food was very good but price keeps us from going except on special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentadamDined on 9/7/2014Best steak I ever had. I will return to this restaurant again.Special Features:
- Great foodNemoDined on 9/7/2014We went to celebrate our anniversary. Right from the start we had a great experience. Wonderful staff, very attentive. Great food and best of all.... AMAZING DESSERT! They made the Banana's foster right at our tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.