Eddie Merlot's - Cincinnati
10808 Montgomery Rd.
Cincinnati, OH 45242Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Eddie Merlot's - Cincinnati
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.eddiemerlots.com/
- Phone: (513) 489-1212
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Bryan Hopping
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Eddie Merlot’s talented culinary team and our expert service staff are dedicated to providing you and your guests with a truly memorable dining experience. It is their goal to provide a fine dining steak house with emphasis on serving the finest U.S.D.A. Prime Aged Beef and Seafood. Side dishes are served family style and are large enough to serve two if desired. Eddie Merlot’s boasts a contemporary but stunningly elegant interior design and atmosphere—where guests can have fun, relax and enjoy listening to up-tempo music, while dressed in business or casual attire. There are three private rooms/areas to choose from according to your needs. The Chardonnay Room, which can seat approximately 40 guests comfortably, the Merlot Room, which seats approximately 80 guests and the Cabernet Room, seating 40 guests. Eddie Merlot’s Sales Manager will assist you plan a function that will leave your guests knowing who is the best host in town, you!
- Private Party Contact: Melanie Sandy 5134891212
A word from Eddie Merlot's - Cincinnati
Eddie Merlot's Prime-aged Beef and Seafood starts with U.S.D.A. Prime Beef and the freshest seafood. Eddie Merlot’s has created one of the hottest concepts today; the wine bar provides more than 75 wines by the glass and a very extensive reserve wine collection by the bottle. The bar is stocked with all of the finest spirits and after dinner cordials and Cognacs. Eddie Merlot’s boasts a contemporary but stunningly elegant interior design and atmosphere—where guests can have fun, relax and enjoy listening to up-tempo music, while dressed in business or casual attire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Eddie Merlot's - Cincinnati - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
Eddie Merlot's - Cincinnati reviews from OpenTable diners
211 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (164)romantic (107)notable wine list (104)fit for foodies (64)good for groups (56)neighborhood gem (56)vibrant bar scene (28)hot spot (22)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (7)great for lunch (6)scenic view (4)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Birthday and AnniversaryCramgDined on 11/18/2014We eat here a couple of times a year. It always delivers a great experience in all regards. Tonight was no exception. Good job Eddie Merlot's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itFancyDined on 11/11/2014Great evening! Service and food were the best. Adam was attentive without being obtrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great to be backCincycarolinaDined on 11/8/2014We had not visited Eddie Merlot's Cincinnati location for about a year. It was a very pleasant experience to return. There is impeccable attention to detail here, from the reception area to every detail of the dining experience. Extensive wine list, great options for folks who are not red meat eaters, and a dessert menu that is guaranteed to tempt anyone.Special Features:
- Upscale Dining....go for itrickb0109Dined on 11/7/2014This was our first time eating here .... my wife and I. Our bill before tip was $220. We splurged....two.bottles of wine...appetizer...entree....coffee and desert! We would go back. Great service too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GreatJimGDined on 11/7/2014As usual you can count on great food and service. Desserts always great. Staff knows when to be available and when not to be in your area.Special Features:
- chloeDined on 11/6/2014Everything at this dinner was excellent. The food was outstanding. The choices for food and drink was excellent. This is what you call "fine dining". I would recommend this to everyone. Probably the best restaurant in the area.Special Features:
- Awesome experience EVERY time!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/3/2014Have been to the restaurant several times and have been pleased each time. Food, wine, and service were beyond phenomenal. Anthony is, by far, the best server I have had in a long time. If you are a Jeff Ruby's fan, let me introduce you to something better!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious diningVonnie11362Dined on 11/3/2014Celebrated our Anniversary here and the food and service was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/3/2014Enjoyed a very productive business dinner with colleagues. It is a good spot to meet, eat and work.Special Features:
- Great Foodbizly718Dined on 11/1/2014Food was fabulous. Great service. Unfortunately we were sat at this extra table right at the door of the lounge. It was extremely noisy due to the bar and we were not able to have a conversation without shouting. Since we were right at the door it was very cold and a bit awkward with all of the traffic into the bar area. I will make sure to request not to sit in the lounge when we make our next reservationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food.Table4twoDined on 11/1/2014Every course was delicious. Looking forward to our next dining experience at Eddie MerlotsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HowudoinDined on 11/1/20143rd visit,it is our anniversary dinner spot although we stopped in one time & sat in the bar area.WE always enjoy the food & serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love your beautiful resteraunt.djack2240Dined on 10/31/2014We brought good friends with us for the first time to your resteraunt they loved it! It was our 3d visit and will not be our last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the bestAlesuVIPDined on 10/29/2014Eddie Merlot's is just the perfect place to celebrate a special occasion, or if you just want to have a wonderful meal in a beautifully appointed space. We had the Beef Carpaccio, it was wonderfully tasty. The food are all perfectly prepared with premium ingredients. Kathy our server kept my tea very hot, the honey warm and my tea cup heated. My husband and I have been to all kind of high end restaurants, none of them ever heated my teacup. One other thing unique only to Eddie Merlot's is we alway receive a "thank you" postcard for dinning at their restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nighthappyhereDined on 10/25/2014Excellent evening with my family seated in the bar by the fire as requested! Everything was perfect from food, service to ambiance! It was a lovely evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eddie MarlotTrojan17Dined on 10/24/2014We spent our birthday dinner with Eddie again. The place is our special place. A wonderful experience from the time we entered until we left.Special Features:
- Outstanding but priceyWay2coolDined on 10/23/2014Took my wife for our anniversary. Fantastic service and amazing food. Steaks were perfect. Manager came by introduced himself and made us welcome. Only down side is it will cost on the high end. But that is why it is a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014Went here for 20th wedding anniversary-very nice experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb as always!!SuperSpoiledDined on 10/19/2014We have been to Eddie Merlot's on several occasions and have NEVER once had anything other than a great time. The food is always fantastic. The service is exquisite. Howie and Mark are fabulous and I have always had a great time with them. Terry is always around to check on us and catch up. The is my favorite place to be!!!
- PapaPhilandPapaPhil111111Dined on 10/18/2014A little pricy but one goes there for the experience.Special Features:
- AnniversaryhappyhereDined on 10/18/2014It was our Anniversary celebration and I made reservations through open table but put on note to be seated in bar if possible. We had perfect table by fireplace. It was awesome. Food and service spot on as well. Never disappointed here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- knittinmama2knittinmama2Dined on 10/18/2014We absolutely love Eddie Merlot's....have never had a bad experience when we have dined there. It is our favorite place to go for special occasions...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grat place to dine and celebrateMontgomeryDined on 10/17/2014Go to Eddie Merlots frequently to meet friends at the bar, celebrate special occasions or for a romantic night out. Gray atmosphere, food and service all the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014We enjoyed our anniversary dinner at Eddie Merlot's. We had a lovely dinner and the food was delicious. Our server was attentive and helpful. Would recommend for a special occasion. It is a little pricey for us but the food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor servicefootball84Dined on 10/12/2014We had dinner in the lounge early on Sunday evening. There were very few customers there, but the crowd increased by around 6:30. We received the same low level of service regardless of the number of customers present. They had a burger on the menu that was over $11 that I did not finish after I hit gristle twice.
- A bad start gone rightLuckyLukeDined on 10/11/2014The evening got off to a bad start. The "annex" is not a great room. After 20 minutes without a waiter, I went to the front to get one. The wine steward brought the wrong wine. Fortunately, the food was great and we got the right wine bottle for the price of a glass. So, it turned out OK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/9/2014We love coming here for a special night out and the experience never disappoints. Our waitress was attentive, funny and knowledable about the men. We love the manager who takes time to check in with everyone and chat a bit. Makes you fel like you are "home". The food is always delicious. Who ever knew I would be too full from the wonderful broccoli,to order dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday at Eddie'sLindaDined on 10/8/2014I took my son to Eddie's for his birthday. Our server was very affable and professional, but we had to wait a long time for service. He suggested a type of burger for my son that he ended up not liking. Too bad! Otherwise, it was a nice time.Special Features:
- Excellent dinner - well servedTigerMikeDined on 10/7/2014Dinner for two of us was very pleasant. Filet mignon was all you would want - very tender, great flavor, and served exactly as ordered. The New Orleans Mixed Grill was tasty with a nice small steak, sausages, and shrimp with a spicy but not overpowering sauce. Our waiter, Iain, was very professional - helpful with the menu and wine list, and matched service timing to our needs. We were not rushed and each course arrived just about when we wanted it. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- ServiceFannonDined on 10/6/2014Great service, the waiter was charming and attentive without being intrusiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Treat!BlueStarMomDined on 10/5/2014Eddie Merlots is our favorite go to place to celebrate great food and great friends! The service, food selections, preparation and perfect ambiance have always been the norm here. Not too stuffy. Just right!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A night to rememberexceptionalDined on 10/5/2014My husband surprised me with a reservation at Eddie Merlots for dinner Saturday night. We were seated in the Merlot room and it was reminiscent of my recent luxury cruise culinary experience. The dining staff was attentive, our waiter was very knowledgeable and recommended a fine Merlot to compliment our steak and the food was spectacular. We began with a smoked salmon with eggs, caper, crème fresh, and homemade crudités followed by filet mignon, green beans with a wasabi aioli, brussel sprouts with onions in balsamic glaze, and homemade mashed potato's. Dinner was not a meal but a culinary experience. To end the meal, we ordered tea and the noteworthy carrot cake. It was the best I've ever tasted. Eddie Merlot's is exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014They knew we were celebrating my husbands birthday. Very attentive and knew the menu wellbSpecial Features:
- Always a HitJamesDined on 10/4/2014Eddie Merlot's never disappoints! Food and service are always outstanding. One of our favorites for a special occasion or a romantic dinner out.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014The round soft chairs needed a "Booster Seat" for both of us to be comfortable at the table. Without the seat, my eye level was at the same as the table level. The servers did bring extra pads for our seats.Special Features:
- BarMaureenDined on 10/3/2014Jimmy, a bartender at Eddie Merlots, it great. He knows your drink, is very attentive. A real plus you don't always findSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceSandlerTrainingDined on 10/2/2014Great food and atmosphere. I liked the fish and New Orleans style foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, comfort level variesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/30/2014Absolutely love the food and service. I've eaten there a half dozen times or so and have never been disappointed. My only issue is that the sound level can be annoying in most areas, especially on weekends, which is when I generally eat out. Maybe I need to stick with Tuesday to remain in gastric and auditory heaven.Special Features:
- Good foodParentsnightoutDined on 9/30/2014Food was great, service was very slow, possibly judge mental.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't go wrongLDH48Dined on 9/27/2014You really cannot go wrong eating here. Nice building design...great menu selection...very good food...awesome service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.