Eddie Merlot's - Cincinnati
10808 Montgomery Rd.
Cincinnati, OH 45242Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Eddie Merlot's - Cincinnati
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.eddiemerlots.com/
- Phone: 5134891212
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Bryan Hopping
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Eddie Merlot’s talented culinary team and our expert service staff are dedicated to providing you and your guests with a truly memorable dining experience. It is their goal to provide a fine dining steak house with emphasis on serving the finest U.S.D.A. Prime Aged Beef and Seafood. Side dishes are served family style and are large enough to serve two if desired. Eddie Merlot’s boasts a contemporary but stunningly elegant interior design and atmosphere—where guests can have fun, relax and enjoy listening to up-tempo music, while dressed in business or casual attire. There are three private rooms/areas to choose from according to your needs. The Chardonnay Room, which can seat approximately 40 guests comfortably, the Merlot Room, which seats approximately 80 guests and the Cabernet Room, seating 40 guests. Eddie Merlot’s Sales Manager will assist you plan a function that will leave your guests knowing who is the best host in town, you!
- Private Party Contact: Melanie Sandy 5134891212
A word from Eddie Merlot's - Cincinnati
Eddie Merlot's Prime-aged Beef and Seafood starts with U.S.D.A. Prime Beef and the freshest seafood. Eddie Merlot’s has created one of the hottest concepts today; the wine bar provides more than 75 wines by the glass and a very extensive reserve wine collection by the bottle. The bar is stocked with all of the finest spirits and after dinner cordials and Cognacs. Eddie Merlot’s boasts a contemporary but stunningly elegant interior design and atmosphere—where guests can have fun, relax and enjoy listening to up-tempo music, while dressed in business or casual attire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Eddie Merlot's - Cincinnati reviews from OpenTable diners
181 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (145)romantic (81)notable wine list (76)fit for foodies (49)good for groups (38)neighborhood gem (32)vibrant bar scene (27)hot spot (13)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (7)great for brunch (6)great for lunch (5)scenic view (2)Show More
- Our experiencemrfoodDined on 8/15/2014We enjoyed the ambiance of the facility. I was a bit disappointed that the waiter did not properly pour a sample taste of wine for my approval prior to filling the glass. However, he was very friendly, courteous and professional. I ordered the bone in Rib-eye which was cooked perfectly to my request but unfortunately lacked in flavor. The shrimp cocktail, side items and carrot cake were AWESOME! Should consider better flavoring for steak.Special Features:
- anniversary dinnermathmomDined on 8/15/2014We LOVE going to Eddie Merlot's. We go on our anniversary and either a birthday or Mother's/Father's Day. It is a place with great food and great service. It is expensive which is why we only go for special occasions, but that's what makes them special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay, not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014We shared the filet pot stickers and they were very good. I had the lobster bisque and was really dissapointed. It tasted like an unfinished dish. It was missing seasonings, maybe some sherry too. Then I had a $42 filet mignon and was not at all impressed. A little overcooked and way overpriced for the quality. The brussell sprouts for a side were absolutely fantastic. Eddie's potatoes were nothing special. My wife had a ceasar salad which she really liked. Then the meatloaf dinner which she said was good, not great. Our bill was $140 for the above with her one glass of wine and my one bottle of beer. The meal was acceptable, we just expected more from a place this expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- librarianVIPDined on 8/12/2014Everything was wonderful for my husband's birthday celebration. Our server Anthony was exceptionally terrific. Thank you.Special Features:
- noname1VIPDined on 8/12/2014We have dined at Eddie Merlot's several times in the past 18 months - it is our "go to" place for a fine dining experience on the NE side of metro Cincinnati. There are plenty of menu items to choose, in addition to an extensive array of beef.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!KikiDined on 8/9/2014My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our meal, from the service to the food to the ambience! Very special experience!Special Features:
- food, service wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014they handled a tree nut allergy very well and we felt comfortable. Server was so pleasant and went the extra mile!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was wonderful.WinstonDined on 8/7/2014We selected Eddie Merlot's because we had a gift certificate. Upon being seated our server asked if we had been there before and if it was a special occasion. We told him it was our first visit and it was our anniversary. We were very impressed with the presentation of the food, the quality of the food, and the service provided by Adam. My husband said the Ceaser salad was the best he has ever had and his trio of medallions were a delightful blend of toppings and cooked to perfection. My Sea Bass was excellent. Our daughter ordered a fillet and it was perfect. After we finished our meal our server brought out a surprise dessert in honor of our anniversary. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining!funyumDined on 8/5/2014We celebrated our 47th anniversary. The food was outstanding and the service was great. They even threw in a red velvet cupcake to celebrate our anniversary with no bothersome and embarrassing singing!Special Features:
- Worst food everiamafoodieVIPDined on 8/1/2014I forgot why I stopped coming to this restaurant. For the price, the steak was under or overcooked and tough. It's a beautiful restaurant in a great location and the ambience is wonderful. The food should be to die for as well. Unfortunately, it is not.
- Consistently goodCSBWDined on 7/30/2014Great prime steaks. Best carrot cake you may ever experience. Friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonder Merlot'sTrojan17Dined on 7/30/2014We had a special evening celebrating my mother-in-law's 90th birthday. The staff bent over backwards to make it a wonderful night. Food outstanding, service second to none , a fantastic experience in which we have come to expect every time we dine at Eddie Merlot's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodjunkieFoodjunkieDined on 7/29/2014My salmon was so very dry. My son's steak was perfect. My wait staff was spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lindaVIPDined on 7/27/2014Very good service and the food was very good. I was recommended the stroganoff but I was disappointed. Everyone else was happy with there choice. The wine we asked for was not available nor was the reece's desert was out, but Lindsey and Liz took care of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PriceyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/25/2014Overall the food was good as expected for a higher-end steakhouse. The prices are a bit high relative to the quality in comparison to other alternatives.
- Fine Dining at it's BestPeacem8krDined on 7/22/2014One word to describe the Eddie Merlot experience, "Fantastic". My wife and I have now been twice and it has truly been a pleasure on each occasion. The service and the food were first class. Definitely our new favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful experienceJewelDined on 7/19/2014Very good overall experience. We were seated at the time of our reservation. Service was excellent. Food was delicious. We did not feel rushed and thoroughly enjoyed the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ThirtyfiveDined on 7/15/2014Server was fairly impatient and didn't smile the whole time. Asked if celebrating something special - told her and there was no acknowledgement thereafter. When took order, didn't ask if wanted any side orders. would have been especially helpful for those who ordered a steak as they came with NOTHING, not even a piece of garnishment. Presentation on steaks was awful. A big white plate with a small piece of steak on, no garnish whatsoever so made the steak look really small and left wondering why I paid so much for this meal. I typically enjoy Eddie Merlot's, so hope this was an abberation vs a new trend in service and food presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treatLamplighterDined on 7/12/2014Have never been disappointed here. The only con was the dining chairs at the tables in the bar area were so low...I felt I needed a booster seat.Special Features:
- GrifDined on 7/12/2014Food and service was very good. Server helpful for wine selection. Calamari was a bit chewy. Would not order it again. We were celebrating 2 birthdays in our group. Server remembered to give us complimentary dessert. My only complaint restaurant was very noisy. Hard to have conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent but pricy!srh1Dined on 7/12/2014Bill with meals, wine and tip came to $100 per person. Steaks were perfect, grouper dis excellent. side dishes were mixed with asparagus good and potatoes au gratin dish not so special (potatoes were seemed boiled and lacked texture). Overall a great meal. Good place for a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great experience.rdh13Dined on 7/12/2014The location is very accessible, being right adjacent to the exit ramp of 275 at Montgomery Road. We arrived and took advantage of the complimentary valet service. We then reviewed the menu and, although there were many enticing choices, we decided on one of their specials. The filet was outstanding, being flavorful, juicy and tender. The green beans were good and add-on mushrooms were very good. The waiter was friendly, knowledgeable, helpful and especially attentive. The ambiance is unusual, pleasant and the lighting has a glow to it that is favorable to one's skin tone. We happily recommend this restaurant to all our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebration wedding anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2014Reservations we're read by an internal coordinator. We are sure of this since the additional request for fresh flowers was accommodated. When we were greeted by our server our anniversary was recognized without our prompting. We chose a "two for" special which included a bottle of wine, salad & entree. My wife enjoyed a tasty filet and I had the grouper which was also delicious. Prior to placing our order we were informed by our server she was providing desert for our celebration which was a nice surprise we shared with one another and enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to CelebrateDaniefoodieDined on 7/11/2014We chose this restaurant to celebrate a birthday and new job. Our server, Anthony, was absolutely spectacular and went above and beyond to make this a wonderful and memorable experience for us. This was our second time dining here. The sweet and spicy shrimp appetizer is unbelievable! We both had steaks that were perfectly cooked and flavorful. Everything from beginning to end was delicious. Will definitely be back again!Special Features:
- Book club dinnerAuntielunchDined on 7/10/2014My first time at Eddie Merlot's. Was very pleased with menu, food and service. A little pricey, but worth it for special occasions.Special Features:
- DissapointedBoniDined on 7/9/2014Overrated, filet was tasteless, and way under cooked. Caesar had way too much dressing on it.Special Features:
- outtoeatVIPDined on 7/5/2014Celebrated my birthday. Everything was fantastic as always!Special Features:
- Disappointed with the WagyuSMFCPADined on 7/4/2014I ordered the Wagyu "Tomahawk" ribeye steak. Disappointing. It did not look like a ribeye. It had three distinct sections, each section being roughly uniform in size and each section being directly next to each other along the bone. For the most part, only the center section was edible. The other sections contained a lot of sinew and gristle and it was difficult to cut those sections. At one point I had a real slug-fest where the steak knife would not cut through the sinew. I expected more from a Wagyu steak. My fellow diners were happy with their entrees - the Dry-Aged New York Strip and the Cedar Plank Salmon. The appetizers and side dishes were excellent, as was the service. I might go back but if I do I won't order the Wagyu again.
- Wonderful! Great Anniversary dinnerPuckDined on 7/2/2014Great to have Northside quality dining site. Especially favor zero television screens, and low noise level. Can actually dine and converse. Oh, and no baseball caps or scaggly jeans among diners. There are still mannered adults with which to dine, altho this populace is dwindling quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GmamaVIPDined on 6/30/2014We came wanting their dry aged new york strip but they ran out at 5:30 PM! They did not have Foie gras either. Everything else wa excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- an experienceMARKDined on 6/29/2014my wife's and my steaks were both over cooked, and had to send them back. They finally came, when our friends were finished with their dinners. The manager did come and apologize, and did his best to make things right. but the second steaks were also overcooked. The manager took the steaks off of our bill, and gave both of our couples a $25 gift certificate.
- Fabulous dinner!EatGoodFoodDined on 6/28/2014Decided to give Eddie Merlot's a try for our anniversary dinner. Glad we did. Even though it was a very busy, Saturday night, our server (Howie) made our dinner relaxed and enjoyable. Along with BBQ shrimp & Ahi Tuna Wontons appetizers, we had the Platte River filets, which were perfectly prepared, oscar style. Cream Brulee and coffee was a perfect finish. With so many different dinner choices, we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overcooked salmonOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/28/2014My steak frites dinner was very good, however my wife's salmon was overcooked and barely edible. As a result she ate very little of her meal, and shared my caesar salad. She does not want to go back again.Special Features:
- Great food - NOISYlovetoeatoutDined on 6/28/2014We had a great dinner for a birthday celebration but felt that the large parties around us were so overpowering with their loud voices and laughing that we had to scream at times to have the people at our table hear us. It would be great to seat the larger parties of 8 or more together so they can out-speak their counterparts. And let the smaller tables of 6 and less enjoy a nice peaceful dinner.Special Features:
- Good food and Atmosphere24AnniversaryDined on 6/28/2014Edie and Merlots is easy to reach, North of Cincinnati. They have Valet parking. Cater to all size groups. The atmosphere is cozy, leaning to the romantic. The booths are comfortable. The tables are not too close together. The on-line reservation system let's you have the seating you prefer. The only negative, this and past experience, a fruit fly buzzing around. The food needed more attention. Our appetizer, BarBQ shrimp, undercooked, not de-veined. It was re-done, but came out missing shrimp compared to the original dish (I guess because we ate one undercooked shrimp). Still had to pay, no compensation for disruption - not even a drink). The entree was fine, desert huge. The wine was delicious. Overall, a very good dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wanted to Like itOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/28/2014Appetizers were good as were the drinks. Then came dinner. Dinner arrived cold. My kids pasta was greasy - yes greasy - from sitting on the line too long. My wives fish was cold and my steak, which I ordered medium rare - was well done and cold. Seems like someone forgot to take off the grill and pick up. They got me another one and it arrived after my family was done eating. The steak was good, nothing spectacular, just good. Way over priced for what it was. our dinner bill was $273.00 I would not return to Eddie Merlots, especially when paying their prices. Just not worth it.
- Missing HostessMonalisaDined on 6/27/2014I'm not sure if they ever found either of the two hostess' that were supposed to be at the front greeting guests. We arrived 7:30 pm and waited about 10 minutes before the servers tried to help... but the were not sure how the hostess normally programmed her tables so it took until 8:00 pm for us to be sat at the table... and not hostess was yet found. Food was very good, service lagged a couple times but mostly the server was attentive. Overall, not worth the amount of money spent. Return visit would be at the bar for drinks and appetizer, nothing more.Special Features:
- Delicious!KnowitnotDined on 6/22/2014We went to Eddie Merlot's as a result of receiving a coupon in the mail. The food was outstanding. The prices are high, so this would only be a special occasion place for us. The service was pretty good, but I wouldn't say our waitress was especially attentive. I was disappointed by the fact that, despite having reservations and the place being nearly empty, we were seated at a table just inside the front door and right next to the kitchen. Also, the restaurant was very warm, almost uncomfortably so. Also, when we arrived at the restaurant, there was no one at the hostess stand. We waited several minutes to be greeted. Still, because of the quality of the food, I would go back to Eddie Merlot's for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always top notch!DancerDined on 6/22/2014We are never disappointed at Eddie Merlot's. Half price bottles of wine on Sunday and some of the best onion soup anywhere definitely makes it worth the trip!Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationDeaconDined on 6/21/2014Eddie's was a great choice for a birthday celebration dinner for my son. Very good food, excellent service, and a nice surprise dessert for the birthday boy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.