Eddie Merlot's - Burr Ridge
201 Bridewell Dr
Burr Ridge, IL 60527Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Eddie Merlot's - Burr Ridge
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.eddiemerlots.com/
- Phone: 6304682098
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch : Monday - Friday 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Lounge opens at 4pm Daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Dan Tucker
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: When you want to make an impression, there"s only one name you can trust. When you want the best in food, wine, and service for your special event, there's only one Eddie Merlot's.
Eddie Merlot's has earned its reputation by serving exceptional U.S.D.A. prime beef—a superior certification awarded to only 2% of
all U.S. beef. And we bring the same standard to our private dining menus, which feature a wide variety of hors d'oeuvres, entrees,
desserts, and accompaniments, complimented by the finest wine and cocktails. From the moment your guests arrive, Eddie Merlot's talented culinary team is dedicated to providing you and your guests with an experience like no other.
That same commitment extends to our service staff. We pride ourselves on hospitality, from making you feel comfortable during the planning process to making your guests feel welcome when they're with you.
Eddie Merlot's offers several private and semi-private dining areas, from 10 to 275.
- Private Party Contact: Steven Zambrzycki 630-468-2098
- Entertainment: Live Music in the lounge on Fridays and Saturdays starting at 7pm.
A word from Eddie Merlot's - Burr Ridge
Eddie Merlot"s Prime-aged Beef and Seafood starts with U.S.D.A. Prime Beef and the freshest seafood. Eddie Merlot's has created one of the hottest concepts today; the wine bar provides more than 75 wines by the glass and a very extensive reserve wine collection by the bottle. The bar is stocked with all of the finest spirits and after dinner cordials and Cognacs. Eddie Merlot's boasts a contemporary but stunningly elegant interior design and atmosphere—where guests can have fun, relax and enjoy listening to up-tempo music, while dressed in business or casual attire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Eddie Merlot's - Burr Ridge - Best Restaurants in Burr Ridge ›
Eddie Merlot's - Burr Ridge reviews from OpenTable diners
184 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (131)notable wine list (83)romantic (75)fit for foodies (74)neighborhood gem (60)good for groups (60)vibrant bar scene (31)great for lunch (19)hot spot (19)great for outdoor dining (14)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (6)scenic view (3)Show More
- Hair in foodrusskee1Dined on 9/27/2014The service was good and the wine was matched perfectly. The issues started when we found hair in a main course. The waiter did his job but the manager on duty decided to play it off and joke about it and then bill us for the meal after saying it would taken care of.Special Features:
- Best steak ever!ShellshellDined on 9/27/2014Fantastic atmosphere combined with a wonderful meal. Tomato and mozzarella salad seasoned perfectly and plated nicely. Caesar salad very tasty also with just the perfect amount if dressing...how often does that happen?! And the Steak Diane...I can't remember the last time a had a steak so tender, prepared to a perfect medium-rare, delicious! Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a special occausion dinner, or just because!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014We enjoy the experience and stop in every other month or so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experience to take friends tokarenDined on 9/27/2014This is a popular place for us to bring with bring friends to. The food, menu and wine selection, wait staff, bar, everything is awesome. We love to bring people here that have never dined at an Eddie Merlots. Most request to come back on a future get together. Great sea bass! Tried the mac and cheese side for first time. Thoroughly enjoyed by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect setting for any occasion.ThrillerDined on 9/26/2014You will love this place. Best lobster I ever had! Service was on the money. Wine list had my favorite. Wife was thrilled... And that itself is priceless... Peace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OrdinaryTomrnccpVIPDined on 9/26/2014Primarily a steak house, it comes with all of the pricing of a steak house but really doesn't compete with the big names in Chicago. I've hosted a large party there before and they truly did a great job. As for dinner, it's just ok.Special Features:
- Vegas777Dined on 9/24/2014Used to go downtown to one of the notable steak houses. Not any more after going to Eddie Merlot's in Burr Ridge. 20 minutes and it's time for the Medallion Trio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my experienceGunnyDined on 9/22/2014I've been to this location a few time and many times to others. This time everyone food was great but my bone in filet was overdone and salty. They were great and remade my steak to take home. It was too late and my clients had to leave. I never complain about a meal and this was a rare occasion. It's a great spot for couples but last time was for business and my out of town clients were impressed.Special Features:
- Service matters1101VIPDined on 9/22/2014It is the service here that matters. The food is always very good and the wine choices are interesting, however, the waitstaff makes the difference between a good dining experience and a great one. They are attentive, friendly, and most importantly, knowledgeable about the menu.Special Features:
- just wonderfulDewiVIPDined on 9/21/2014everything was just perfect. service was perfect. food was super delicious. a bit expensive, but still very much worth it.Special Features:
- Winner !!LeeWDined on 9/21/2014Food and service was outstanding. Everything was served correctly and paced very well. For our guests it was their first visit......and the will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice!RandyDined on 9/21/2014Very good food. The steaks were typical of steak houses, but there are few upscaled steak houses to choose from in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GaryVIPDined on 9/20/2014Why trout was a bit dried out tonight. I suspect it was under the heat lamp too long. The room was way too noisy tonight. You need more sound proofing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceluvgoodfoodDined on 9/20/2014The staff was very attentive, and went above and beyond to provide us with excellent service. We had been there on a prior occasion and I did not think the service could get better but it did. Thank you.Special Features:
- Not worth the $$OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/19/2014White linens make this dining room feel ultra old fashioned. The food is okay but definitely not worth the more-than-city-steakhouse pricing. Three of the four of us ordered steak and all were undercooked. Service was slow for a semi-empty dining room on a Friday night. The bar/lounge area seating had a much more lively ambiance and a more welcoming, casual feel. I wouldn't go back unless I was receiving a free meal.Special Features:
- Outstanding Evening.FSZAPDined on 9/19/2014On September 19th we dined at Eddie Merlot's. Jonathon was an outstanding server. The food was the best we've had. For special occasions we used to go to Capitol Grille. Now it will be Eddie Merlot's! One of the best features of the evening was the way the courses were paced. It was a true dining experience, not the feeling of going out to eat. When dining at a slow pace we resent having disruption by children. This is a venue is for adults. While there were young children in Eddie Merlot's on a Friday evening they were in a separate room. Good planning on the part of management.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/18/2014We ordered the Chateaubriand, it was stellar. Sides: The mushrooms were great but asparagus was a bit stringy on the ends. We ordered the crab cakes described as jumbo and colossal lump. They were not. To their credit, they were replaced with the shrimp cocktail. This was followed up by a manager's visit to the table. We ordered wine by the glass to get a sampling of their selections, it was a fun but expensive way to go. All 4 glasses were excellent. The carrot cake billed as the best, it was OK, but we did like the addition of pineapple in the recipe. Dinner was served without the wine order the server knew was coming. The server chose to take a 6 top dinner order before even dropping the dessert menus, despite passing us twice?Special Features:
- Nice changesToolwomanDined on 9/18/2014Eddie's has changed their bar menu and drink specials - very nice. Started out in the bar with a nice cocktail. Then proceeded into the dining room and split a steak Diane and King crab legs. Waiter suggested and it turned out perfect. Nicely cooked, nicely presented and attention to detail. The portions looked so small - but it was sufficient. Could have used a little more - but sufficient. Might just continue to go there for lunch or bar snacks :)Special Features:
- Dying of thirst :(grillmanDined on 9/17/2014We went on a Wednesday at 6:30PM. The greeting was warm and we were seated immediately. It then took TWENTY MINUTES for our server to take our drink order and another fifteen until the drinks arrived. The food was OK, but the only person in our group who had a salad didn't get it until after she asked & then had it for desert. They will need to step it up to compete with the outstanding steakhouses in the area. In fairness, this was our fourth visit and the only one that really disappointed us.
- Attentive and caring serversAnniversaryDined on 9/14/2014Servers made sure we enjoyed our food and the evening. Food was absolutely delicious! Berry White martini, calamari, and steak diane (which they bumped up to 10 oz for me) all were devoured. Pricey but worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LenaDined on 9/14/2014Service was excellent!!!our waiter johnathan frost was fabulous new the menu and wines inside and out, recommedations were great! i would definite be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Eddies!pigloverDined on 9/14/2014Eddie Merlot's is one of our favorite special occasion restaurants as well as a great place for a true dining experience. Great staff, food and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one word "great"JoyHDined on 9/13/2014the food was great and it our service...too many items on the menu I wanted to try which will make me come back again and again.Special Features:
- GaryVIPDined on 9/12/2014Service was very good. The food was not as good as usual. Might have been an off night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Special OccasionsJimmys44Dined on 9/12/2014We were celebrating our 44th wedding anniversary and chose to start with lunch and spend the day out and about. The location was good for this. We had great service and enjoyed the meal. We would like to try the restaurant again for dinner to experience the expanded dinner menu.Special Features:
- Average experienceJohnDined on 9/11/2014Our server was great, the restaurant was quite but 3 out of 4 of us thought the food was average. We went to Catch 35 Naperville the following night, spent the same but the food was excellent. I ordered the bone in ribeye at E.Merlots. It looked huge but I only got 4-5 bites of great tasting steak and the rest was fat. Our friends tried the sea bass and looked forward to it. Tasted over fishy. He normally loves sea bass. We did enjoy the barbecue shrimp wrapped in bacon appetizer. Too many other places to go with better food for the $$$$.
- BubbajamessaysyesVIPDined on 9/11/2014Very nice, friendly, excellent food choices and qualitySpecial Features:
- Ladies Who Lunch Love ThistvnurseVIPDined on 9/11/2014The onion soup and harvest salad is the best. The bread is delicousSpecial Features:
- Great FoodHoosierDined on 9/6/2014The steaks were awesome and so was the entire staff. Worth the drive from Indiana.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/6/2014food was fair, service was deplorable. cheesecake factory ambiance with park avenue prices. Staff rushed us at all times. Prices were not commensurate with the product. Do yourself a favor, just go to mortons.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014Eddie Merlot's in Burr Ridge has never disappointed me. The food is consistently great with wonderful specials nightly. The service is superior.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GaryVIPDined on 9/6/2014The food and service were very good. The management came by to visit me. That is always a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nursetoninursetoniDined on 9/6/2014Very friendly staff, very attentive and professional !! Pleasant dining experience!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- duffyDined on 9/5/2014a great place to have a quality meal,relax, and enjoy the one your with.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/5/2014This was my first time there. What a beautiful place from the moment you walked in. Bar was large and great!!! Dining room superb. The staff was on the money and so knowledgeable and friendly. And the food??? To die for.. the most amazing calamari I have ever had. The fish was outstanding as well as the sweet potato casserole. And to top it off..bananas foster that put me over the edge!!!!! This place is a gem!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningHappyEverAfterDined on 8/29/2014We had a wonderful evening, great food, great service, great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/28/2014Go all the time....Excellent as usual. Service, wait staff always knowledgeable about the menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary specialSweetheartsDined on 8/26/2014We were in town on vacation and found this place on a list provided by our hotel. We received an anniversary gift of money from our children with instructions to go to a really nice place to eat. Eddie Merlot totally came through on that ! Our server was fantastic! She recommended a wine for us to have and it was wonderful. If we ever get back to the chicago area we will eat here again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional ExperienceawmastenDined on 8/23/2014Found this place through Open Table. It was a truly spectacular steakhouse. The meal was phenomenal- try the balsamic reduction on the tomato and mozzarella salad. The tempura green beans with the dipping sauce was incredible; however nothing compares to the beef. The steaks were cooked to perfection and expertly seasoned. There were many different toppings offered as additions, but absolutely not necessary. The only detractor was the hash browns. While the outside crust was tasty, the inside was flavorless; since it was about an inch thick, the inside volume was significant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014Overall a truly great experience. Our only complaint was the noise level was a little to high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.