Eddie Merlot's - Burr Ridge
201 Bridewell Dr
Burr Ridge, IL 60527Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Eddie Merlot's - Burr Ridge
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.eddiemerlots.com/
- Phone: (630) 468-2098
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch : Monday - Friday 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Lounge opens at 4pm Daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Dan Tucker
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: When you want to make an impression, there"s only one name you can trust. When you want the best in food, wine, and service for your special event, there's only one Eddie Merlot's.
Eddie Merlot's has earned its reputation by serving exceptional U.S.D.A. prime beef—a superior certification awarded to only 2% of
all U.S. beef. And we bring the same standard to our private dining menus, which feature a wide variety of hors d'oeuvres, entrees,
desserts, and accompaniments, complimented by the finest wine and cocktails. From the moment your guests arrive, Eddie Merlot's talented culinary team is dedicated to providing you and your guests with an experience like no other.
That same commitment extends to our service staff. We pride ourselves on hospitality, from making you feel comfortable during the planning process to making your guests feel welcome when they're with you.
Eddie Merlot's offers several private and semi-private dining areas, from 10 to 275.
- Private Party Contact: Steven Zambrzycki 630-468-2098
- Entertainment: Live Music in the lounge on Fridays and Saturdays starting at 7pm.
A word from Eddie Merlot's - Burr Ridge
Eddie Merlot"s Prime-aged Beef and Seafood starts with U.S.D.A. Prime Beef and the freshest seafood. Eddie Merlot's has created one of the hottest concepts today; the wine bar provides more than 75 wines by the glass and a very extensive reserve wine collection by the bottle. The bar is stocked with all of the finest spirits and after dinner cordials and Cognacs. Eddie Merlot's boasts a contemporary but stunningly elegant interior design and atmosphere—where guests can have fun, relax and enjoy listening to up-tempo music, while dressed in business or casual attire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Eddie Merlot's - Burr Ridge - Best Restaurants in Burr Ridge ›
Eddie Merlot's - Burr Ridge reviews from OpenTable diners
192 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (132)notable wine list (82)romantic (77)fit for foodies (74)neighborhood gem (61)good for groups (57)vibrant bar scene (34)hot spot (25)great for lunch (16)great for outdoor dining (10)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (7)great for brunch (6)scenic view (2)Show More
- Really enjoyed everything about it.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014The only thing that would make it better is a piano bar as that is always fun with live music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food awesome service...SheriVIPDined on 11/22/2014We recently celebrated our birthdays and couldn't have picked a better place to to relax and enjoy fantastic food. Our server, Jim V., was awesome. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday HitDrLinda811Dined on 11/22/2014I took out my guy for a special birthday dinner, and we were both very pleased. He had a steak with the 'Oscar' topping, which he thought was great, and I had the sea bass which was delicious. And we shared the carrot cake, which was the best I've ever had. The server was attentive and knowledgeable. We'll be back on the next special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/22/2014The bar atmosphere is always energetic and the ability to sit in the lounge chairs always appeals to us. The wine list is suited for a good selection for all with a few gems if you look.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisyDOLLDined on 11/22/2014Met friends for an early dinner, & enjoyed a wonderful meal with fantastic service from our server, Tina. She was extremely patient with all our questions & offered perfect solutions for us. We asked to be moved to a quieter location & they tried very hard to find one, but there doesn't seem to be one.... since we had sooo much trouble hearing each other, we gave in & left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday at EddiesFathersDayBrunchVIPDined on 11/21/2014Tried the new bar menu - very tasty Waygu beef, good appetizers. Consistently good. Only disappointment was no chocolate bits at the end of the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/20/2014The restaurant is beautiful and very comfortable. You are not rushed yet you are served attentively. The wedge salad is delicious along with the herb dressing. I had the trout almondine and it was cooked perfectly. My husband had the flat-iron steak with French fries and he loved the steak but thought the fries were very salty. We were celebrating our anniversary and were given a wonderful cupcake by our server and it was decadent! The Eddie Merlot wines are also a good buy. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak in the Western Suburbs!luveatingoutVIPDined on 11/16/2014We always enjoy our food and the entire dining experience at Eddie Merlot's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great as alwaysDewiVIPDined on 11/16/2014Eddie Merlot is one of my favorite restaurants. I love the food and the juicy aged steaksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GaryVIPDined on 11/15/2014The food was good tonight. The wait time for the food was unacceptable. To have to wait over 1/2 hour for the food because the kitchen was busy is not good planning. This was not one of my better meals at this restaurant. The wait staff did a very good job.
- Excellent food and serviceTarheelborn1VIPDined on 11/8/2014Our special dinner at Eddie Merlot's was wonderful. The food and service were spot on and we enjoyed the entire dining experience.Special Features:
- First timerBiggerDined on 11/8/2014I will rate Eddie with some of best stakes house in Chicago. I will go again. Sl/ prices. but ok.Special Features:
- corkieVIPDined on 11/8/2014Our four friends had never been to Eddie Merlot's and were duly impressed. The carpaccio appetizer is wonderful, as were the salads. The men had shrimp with crab, trio of medallions, and ahi tuna respectively. Not a crumb was left on any of their plates. As for the ladies, we had the prime rib, the medallions, and the special of the night: halibut. Only the halibut was a disaster. It was shocking to us since we have never had anything not perfect at Merlot's, but my friend did not eat it because she said it was dry. Not be be missed are the Brussel sprouts. Even those who think they hate these little cabbages will be converted. They are addictive. The berries for two and the chocolate cupcake are a perfect end to a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- duffyDined on 11/1/2014Chef Dan's selections are outstanding, service continues to be top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Get TogetherOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/1/2014Celebrated an Anniversary and Birthday. It was very nice, service good and food excellent. will look forward to our next visit. We have been there about 5 or 6 times since they opened and enjoyed every visit. We look forward to our next special occasion and the new menu which seems to change every time we visit. The steaks are the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceHoosierDined on 10/25/2014Excellent food and service, I prefer the steaks at Eddie's over Morton's or Gibson's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wine-n-dineOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014This was our second visit.We though the great service on our first was exceptional.First the service/servers/waiter were second to none.Then our lobster bisque came follow with one of the best rib-eye I've every had,my wife enjoyed the veal it was so good she still talk about it.A little pricey with dinner and drinks so we treat it as a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too busy on Saturday nightSueCDined on 10/25/2014We requested a quiet table in the bar as we were celebrating our Anniversary and got a table in the aisle between 2 dining rooms, with waiters going in and out behind my husbands chair. The waiter seemed to have forgot our table, food was delivered by a busboy and the waiter did not come to check on us after we received the food. My husband wanted another glass of wine and told the busboy who assured us he would tell our waiter. Almost finished with our food and our waiter finally arrived (who wants the wine then)? When he did bring it he told us he would not charge for it (very nice of him). The host came to our table and said "I heard you had a problem getting your wine" and offered us free desserts for our trouble. When the bill came, we were charged for the 2 desserts. My husband did not want to complain, he finds it embarassing, so we did not say anything, just paid the bill. The restaurant is very good, but I will keep my visits during the week, when it is not as crowded.Special Features:
- AdequateWineloverDined on 10/25/2014Food was tasty but way overpriced for the burbs. Will try again for lunch. The decor is dramatic & classy. Definitely not a family restaurant yet we sat next to a table of several families who brought infants & very young children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JandDDined on 10/24/2014Our regular waiter, JIM, did another outstanding job ! Can't go wrong at this ultra fine dining establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding serviceWineTimVIPDined on 10/24/2014As always, we were very pleased with our dinner. We especially liked our server, Yulia (sp?), she was helpful, pleasant and efficient.Special Features:
- Lovely eveningJennMDined on 10/23/2014At the last minute we made reservations at Eddie Merlot's. We had only been there once before for dessert. We are so happy we went there last night, the food, atmosphere and our server could not have been any better and made our whole experience a delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great steakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Best steak I have had in the area . Great atmosphere, food was just right... I would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experienceVR121Dined on 10/17/2014Outstanding location, atmosphere, dinner, and service! Highly recommend for most adult occasions and for those who enjoy steak, especially. Not a spot for vegans. Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/12/2014We went in to check out the new lounge menu. What an upgrade! Ordered the new wagyu, pork belly, and poached egg burger with the Bloody Mary sauce. OMG. Amazing. Enjoyed the half off bottles of wine and watched the Bears game. A perfect Sunday afternoon. Service was great and the food delicious. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Outstanding food and service!my5luvsDined on 10/9/2014Hands down one of the best steaks we have ever had! The food was amazing and the customer service was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/9/2014Service and food was very good. Seating in the bar are was very comfortable and the view was great. Good selection of wines at competitive prices. Strategic location off the interstate highways.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We are hooked...EJL1VIPDined on 10/9/2014We are quite delighted to call Eddie merlot our neighborhood place to go.... It is great food, service and ambiance all wrapped into one. New menu items are a good additionSpecial Features:
- Always a good evening.drinkeatdrinkDined on 10/9/2014Eddie Merlot's has never disappointed me when my wife and I have gone there for a fine night out on the town, or to celebrate a special occasion. I love their classic cocktail list that has all the old time goodies. they have a very good wine list also. Eddie's also does a seasonal special menu that includes four or five Steak House items that are good options. Service is always top notch at Eddie's, very friendly and knowledgeable. A very relaxing atmosphere, good food and drink, great service, what else could you want ?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GaryVIPDined on 10/9/2014The server this time wasn't as good as expected. I had the veal Oscar for dinner. It was tasty but it wasn't well put together. It tasted like three different meals slid together.I would recommend this to a friend.
- sparklesDined on 10/7/2014very good food very nice restaurant décor noise level low and comfortableSpecial Features:
- Highly priced and poorly deliveredOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/4/2014The positives-we had a 7:00 reservation, and they sat us immediately.The interior décor, although not my style, was nicely done. Service was prompt and continuously checked on us. The negatives-we had 2 steaks (mine was bone-in filet, an always expensive cut), 2 sides, and 3 drinks total. Cost was $160 before tip. At places downtown Chicago, this is a still a high bill for such food. Additionally, my steak was undercooked (rare instead of medium rare), was not well trimmed prior to cooking, and didn't taste like anything. Service was often intrusive during conversation, and the team as a whole needs training in "fine dining" service, or they should reduce their prices, as it's not fine dining. Perhaps an off night?
- blhOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/30/2014It was our first time there and were not impressed.Special Features:
- EDDIE MERLOT HAS A LONG WAY TO GO!BOBG8610Dined on 9/30/2014WE ORDERED WINE AND GOT A BIG GLASS WITH HARDLY ANY WINE IT FOR $10 EACH. WE THEN SHARED A FRENCH ONION SOUP AND A LOBSTER BISQUE. FRENCH ONION SOUP WAS VERY MEDIOCRE AND CHEWY, POORLY TEXTURED AND NOT AS WARM AS IT SHOULD BE, NOT VERY GOOD CHEESE WAS USED. THE LOBSTER BISQUE WAS VERY TASTY BUT VERY HARD TO FIND PIECES OF LOBSTER, AND IT ALSO WAS NOT AS WARM AS IT SHOULD BE. OUR ENTREES WERE STEAK DIANNE AND SEA BASS. STEAK DIANNE WAS VERY GOOD WITH A TASTY SAUCE. THE SEA BASS WAS THE SMALLEST FISH PORTION I HAVE EVER BEEN GIVEN. IT WAS TASTY AND COOKED JUST RIGHT, BUT NOT ENOUGH TO FEED A MIDGET. FOR A SIDE, WE HAD GARLIC MASHED, VERY TASTY AND ONE DISH WAS ENOUGH FOR 2. OVER ALL JUST NOT A GOOD VALUE FOR $131
- Hair in foodrusskee1Dined on 9/27/2014The service was good and the wine was matched perfectly. The issues started when we found hair in a main course. The waiter did his job but the manager on duty decided to play it off and joke about it and then bill us for the meal after saying it would taken care of.Special Features:
- Best steak ever!ShellshellDined on 9/27/2014Fantastic atmosphere combined with a wonderful meal. Tomato and mozzarella salad seasoned perfectly and plated nicely. Caesar salad very tasty also with just the perfect amount if dressing...how often does that happen?! And the Steak Diane...I can't remember the last time a had a steak so tender, prepared to a perfect medium-rare, delicious! Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a special occausion dinner, or just because!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014We enjoy the experience and stop in every other month or so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experience to take friends tokarenDined on 9/27/2014This is a popular place for us to bring with bring friends to. The food, menu and wine selection, wait staff, bar, everything is awesome. We love to bring people here that have never dined at an Eddie Merlots. Most request to come back on a future get together. Great sea bass! Tried the mac and cheese side for first time. Thoroughly enjoyed by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect setting for any occasion.ThrillerDined on 9/26/2014You will love this place. Best lobster I ever had! Service was on the money. Wine list had my favorite. Wife was thrilled... And that itself is priceless... Peace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OrdinaryTomrnccpVIPDined on 9/26/2014Primarily a steak house, it comes with all of the pricing of a steak house but really doesn't compete with the big names in Chicago. I've hosted a large party there before and they truly did a great job. As for dinner, it's just ok.Special Features: