Eddie Merlot's - Burr Ridge
201 Bridewell Dr
Burr Ridge, IL 60527Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Eddie Merlot's - Burr Ridge
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.eddiemerlots.com/
- Phone: 6304682098
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch : Monday - Friday 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Lounge opens at 4pm Daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Dan Tucker
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: When you want to make an impression, there"s only one name you can trust. When you want the best in food, wine, and service for your special event, there's only one Eddie Merlot's.
Eddie Merlot's has earned its reputation by serving exceptional U.S.D.A. prime beef—a superior certification awarded to only 2% of
all U.S. beef. And we bring the same standard to our private dining menus, which feature a wide variety of hors d'oeuvres, entrees,
desserts, and accompaniments, complimented by the finest wine and cocktails. From the moment your guests arrive, Eddie Merlot's talented culinary team is dedicated to providing you and your guests with an experience like no other.
That same commitment extends to our service staff. We pride ourselves on hospitality, from making you feel comfortable during the planning process to making your guests feel welcome when they're with you.
Eddie Merlot's offers several private and semi-private dining areas, from 10 to 275.
- Private Party Contact: Steven Zambrzycki 630-468-2098
- Entertainment: Live Music in the lounge on Fridays and Saturdays starting at 7pm.
A word from Eddie Merlot's - Burr Ridge
Eddie Merlot"s Prime-aged Beef and Seafood starts with U.S.D.A. Prime Beef and the freshest seafood. Eddie Merlot's has created one of the hottest concepts today; the wine bar provides more than 75 wines by the glass and a very extensive reserve wine collection by the bottle. The bar is stocked with all of the finest spirits and after dinner cordials and Cognacs. Eddie Merlot's boasts a contemporary but stunningly elegant interior design and atmosphere—where guests can have fun, relax and enjoy listening to up-tempo music, while dressed in business or casual attire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Eddie Merlot's - Burr Ridge - Best Restaurants in Burr Ridge ›
Eddie Merlot's - Burr Ridge reviews from OpenTable diners
169 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (116)notable wine list (74)romantic (71)fit for foodies (62)neighborhood gem (55)good for groups (49)vibrant bar scene (26)great for lunch (19)hot spot (15)great for outdoor dining (12)great for brunch (5)late-night find (4)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- First timersMikeDined on 5/17/2014We had a Saturday night reservation at 8:30 and the restaurant was very active and crowded. Beautiful bar area with a soloist and piano player. Excellent menu selections from the wines to apps to entrees to desserts. My wife and I frequent finer restaurants and my only mild complaints are the service was a touch slow and the prices are a bit high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Traditional SteakhousejustsmilesometimesDined on 5/17/2014We made reservations, arrived on time and were told to wait 40 minutes. This does happen, but it is incredibly frustrating when you are the only two waiting in the lobby/waiting area. Overall, it is a clean decent place. There are people wearing t-shirts and sneakers and people wearing suits and ties. It runs the entire spectrum. Nevertheless, the food was decent. I would expect a greater variety on the menu (not just 100% meat) and maybe some additional appetizer options besides 1,000 calorie plus. But, it is your traditional steakhouse and rivals the Palm or another similar place.Special Features:
- Great ServiceRickDined on 5/17/2014Andraz provides excellent service and the deserts are wonderful. Great wine list.Special Features:
- Birthday Celebration3SistersDined on 5/17/2014MY sisters and I went to Eddie Merlot's to celebrate our birthdays and we had a fantastic time! The food was absolutely delicious. My one sister's filet was slightly overcooked but Sadat the Manager was extremely apologetic and got her meal replaced with no question. The filet mignon was cooked to perfection! I would definitley recommend the escargot and calamari as appetizers and please try the Sea Bass and filet mignon! They are to die for! And for a drink if you like martinis, the fifty shades martini and lemon drop are fantabulous! They topped our night with a surprise red velevet cupcake with candle for each of us! All in all we are definitely returning! Great first date place and for celebrations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular ServiceToughCustomerVIPDined on 5/16/2014My wife and I love this place. The steaks are great, particularly the filet mignon choices. Our top recommendations are the bacon-enhanced Brussels sprouts and the fire-grilled shrimp. Portions are big, so share. The waitstaff is great, including our go-to waiter, Andrasz. Ask for him and you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Merlot'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/16/2014Enjoyed our first experience there. Lunch menu somewhat abbreviated. Heard good things about it from friends and we weren't disappointed. Plan to try it for dinner soon.Special Features:
- A good experienceBob512Dined on 5/15/2014My family went out to celebrate a special occasion and were torn between Chicago Prime in Schaumburg and Eddie Merlot's in Burr Ridge. We settled on Eddie Merlot's as it was closer to our home. The waiter was great, very informative, and just that right touch of being present and leaving us alone. Three of the four meals were outstanding, but my Rib Eye was just okay. To be fair, it was cooked perfectly, but lacked flavor. But, I would go back and try something else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/13/2014Cannot earn Eddie Merlot points is a big issue. Will not use Open Table again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeding our expectations againDesmoDirkVIPDined on 5/11/2014very helpful receptionist, very committed service, fast service for drinks and food, excellent tasting cocktails and wines, I don't remember anything I could pick on... Not a cheap dinner though, but good value for the money spent. We'll be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Servers!KavaDined on 5/11/2014They're all so friendly & good at what they do...you feel like you've made a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful BrunchSueTDined on 5/11/2014I took my Mom for Mothers Day! Everything was amazing. The staff was fantastic and very attentive. A little pricey, but Great for a Special Occasion.Special Features:
- mothers dayrcarroll947Dined on 5/10/2014Great evening yet again. Staff, timely food and drinks. Just wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PriceyMawMawVIPDined on 5/10/2014Good food. Do not like side dishes that feed 4 people. Had hash browns (greasy)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lulu127Dined on 5/10/2014Enjoyed our dinner. The food and service was up to expectation. However it was quite noisy, hard to hear each other talk. I would recommend it to friends, in spite of the noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatCeesntktsDined on 5/7/2014I've been dining here a little over two years....if on a rare occasion there's an issue .....management is on it..Quickly and professionally.....the good I'd great....the specials great.....and both Jim and Johnathan are top notch pros....Special Features:
- Birthday VisitAnnMarieDined on 5/4/2014I took my boyfriend to the Burr Ridge location for his birthday for an early evening dinner on a Sunday. It was perfect! The service was excellent and the staff made us feel as if we were the only ones in the restaurant. The list of 1/2 price bottles of wine offered a large selection to choose from and the food was outstanding! Eddie Merlot's is one of my favorite fine dining restaurants.Special Features:
- USATISFACTORYUnsatisfactory1Dined on 5/2/2014My dinner companion and I were interrupted excessively during our meal by the waiters, busboys and management staff asking was the food, service and if everything was good. The dinner was overpriced, and the quality of the food was less than stellar. We were asked multiple times about purchasing wine; after politely declining, we had to reveal my companion was taking medication. I would not recommend Eddie Merlot's Burr Ridge to my friends or business associates. I will not dine at Eddie Merlot's again.Special Features:
- Great spot for lunchTarheelborn1VIPDined on 5/2/2014We enjoyed lunching at Eddie Merlot's. Our waiter was excellent and the food was decent but nothing special except the romaine salad.Special Features:
- Subpar Food and High PricesBuffy37Dined on 4/26/2014Save yourself a ton of money and have better food by going to Wildfire, or Capital Grille. The prices are outrageous and the quality of the food definitely doesn't match them. The mozzarella on our caprese was bland, the meat was meh, the dessert was just bad. And the wine list had one of the highest restaurant markups we've ever seen. Service was slow, very slow.
- corkieVIPDined on 4/24/2014Eddie Merlot's never fails to deliver. It was our 49th wedding anniversary and we chose Eddie's because of the food and because of the quiet. We have never been there that we could not carry on a conversation. So rare in a restaurant these days. Being a steak house, you can rest assured that your steak comes out exactly as you ordered it. One of our entire family's favorite spots.Special Features:
- Very Disappointed...will not returnDisappointedDinerDined on 4/19/2014The first time I visited in 2012, I rated it REALLY good on food and service. This time around (4.19.14 at 6 pm), all four members in the party gave it 2/5 stars: food and 1/5 stars: service. We had to ask the waiter the bring the bread twice which arrived after the salads. After the meal was served, our waiter did not come by once to ask how everything was, did not offer us dessert menus, and was rarely seen throughout the meal. Please note that we sat in the bar area and his table section was not full. It would have been nice if the manager on for the evening would have taken the time to stop by each table for a minute or two to capture real time feedback. Many places in this price range do this.
- Good Friday GemGaryDined on 4/18/2014We had a wonderful meal on Good Friday at Eddie Merlot's. The service was impeccable and the food was great. I had the twin lobster tails and my husband had the Alaskan king crab. We split a chopped salad and asparagus and there was still too much. The chopped salad was notably better than any I had had in the past. We will definitely return! The Eddie Merlot's cabernet was also excellent and at a very affordable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time's a charm!!KBIESDined on 4/12/2014This was our first visit to Eddie Merlot's and we could not be happier with our experience. I actually made a very last minute reservation on Open Table and was surprised to be able get a reservation. Our Server Julia was fantastic and very personable. We felt like we were her only two customers!! Very attentive to all of the details of our dinner. The food was fantastic too. As we left the restaurant, my husband said "I think this is one of my new favorites, we definitely need to come back!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice SurpriseBarbDined on 4/12/2014Liked this restaurant more than I thought. Nicely decorated, plenty of options on the menu, friendly service. It is a little loud, so if you are hard of hearing, this is not the place for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedptchickDined on 4/12/2014This was our first dining experience at Eddie Merlot's and probably our last. We had heard all wonderful things from others as to how great the food is and the special way you are treated by the staff. Although the food was very delicious and the interior very appealing the atmosphere was lacking and the service was extremely slow. The staff were dry and unfriendly. In light of the price of the meals, the service should be impeccable and the staff's attitude should be appreciative, not inefficient and bordering on rude. As it is well known, how enjoyable your dining experience is depends on the service you are given. I give Eddie Merlot's 2 stars only because the food is good, otherwise my rating would be 1 star for dining experience.
- Enjoyed a lovely lobster andIslandChicGolferGirlVIPDined on 4/11/2014Enjoyed a lovely lobster and this time some of the best French pressed coffee in the suburbs. My only disappointment was the bread pudding because that is my desert of choice but it was not as I would have expected. But fabulous service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top NotchRobertDined on 4/5/2014Excellent Experience, Quality Food, Pleasant High End Surroundings. You pay for High End & you RECEIVE it !! Regular Patron, who always looks forward to an evening at Eddie Merlot's. Enjoy !!! You won't be dissapointed. Had a so so waiter this time, just seemed out of it .... but hey, we all have our days. Not a regular occurence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2dineVIPDined on 4/4/2014Went to lunch with my boss and two other coworkers and the three of them had never been to Eddie Merlot's before. Here are the only things brought to my attention. The Shrimp Cocktail sauce is very spicy. French Onion Soup- The cheese was kinda coated into the soup as such. Carrot Cake- The frosting was extremely heavy on the cake as such. Overall our lunch was excellent and these were minor complaints in a five star dining establishment. My boss loved it so he brought a platinum membership card.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Three course menu greatPlanterDined on 4/3/2014We enjoyed the $32.95 three course special. Dessert was huge and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The only complaint I had wasHawkDined on 3/29/2014The only complaint I had was that we had a reservation at 730 and waited a half hour. We still had not been seated and finally just asked to be seated in the bar. It was loud and we could hardly hear each other but it was better than waiting another 30 minutes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brett was especially good.atperoiaDined on 3/29/2014Brett was especially good. Excellent diiner. By the glass wine pour could be little better. Had #1908 and it looked like 1/2 the pour of House merlot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and ambianceCuse7Dined on 3/28/2014This restaurant is very comfortable and the service is excellent.Special Features:
- Lobster NightFathersDayBrunchVIPDined on 3/28/2014Eddie's has a great lobster special going now. Thoroughly enjoyed ours onmarch 28. The waiter asked if mywife wanter here prepared at tableside, and they did a great job of it. I used the traditional do-it-yourself, with the thoughtfully pre-cracked and split parts, and didn't make too much of a mess. Great sides to accompany the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and food. WeGaryVIPDined on 3/28/2014Excellent service and food. We even got a sample of the chefs taste which was excellent. We need to try a different part of the restaurant to eat in. The band was very loud so it was hard to hear over the noise of the voices and music.Special Features:
- What's the fuss?Hungry1Dined on 3/22/2014Loved the seating, pub style chairs gave the room a homey, cozy feel. Staff was knowledgeable and attentive. The menu had a nice variety of choices, but overall we felt that it was overpriced. The steaks were flavorful, but certainly not the best ever and the sides that were meant to be shared were smaller than average. My entree was on the spring prix fixe menu and was reasonable considering it included a salad, main entree and dessert. We will probably not return to this restaurant nor recommend it to others.Special Features:
- Great Food, Surly ServerDine4lifeDined on 3/21/2014Excellent meal, beautiful restaurant, great service from hostess and bussers. Server was rather rude. When asked a question about a menu item, he seemed annoyed and rather rude. Not the typical Eddie Merlot's experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014Loved the ambiance! The salmon dish had a barbecue flavor to it.. Not A good tast to me and the other three of 6 guests in attendance. Bread girl needed additional Training! She preferred serving the bread from The furthest point at the table instead of walking Around to the other side. This place has the potential Of doing well, however changes are in need Quickly!Special Features:
- Hubby's 50th B-Day!!CasimerDined on 3/15/2014Our experience was very nice. My husband has wanted to go here for quite some time because of a friends recommendation so I took him to Eddies to celebrate. Our dinner was delicious and our waiter Mike was really good. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service.GaryVIPDined on 3/14/2014Excellent food and service. There were 4 of us and we really enjoyed the lobster special. Sadat went out of his way to keep us happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was among the worstOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/8/2014Service was among the worst I have ever received. Literally had flag down the waiter for every single thing - drinks, salads, dinner, and the bill in the end was more than it should have been (they did remove these "accidental" upcharges). For as expensive as this place is, you are better off going to another of the many wonderful steakhouses around here. My steak was ordered rare plus, served well done and because it took 1.5 hours to get our dinner, I was not in the mood to wait for them to make another. The Caesar salad was quite literally: romaine lettuce, croutons, and lemon juice. I will never be back. But...the coffee is AMAZING!