Eddie Merlot's - Bloomfield Hills
37000 Woodward Ave
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Eddie Merlot's - Bloomfield Hills
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.eddiemerlots.com/
- Phone: 2487124095
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Lounge opens at 4:00pm Daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Matt Strabbing
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live Music in our Lounge:
Friday & Saturday 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm
- Special Events: We Feature live Music in our Lounge every Friday and Saturday Night from 7 PM until 1030 PM
April 5 - Robin Horlock
April 6 - Kroon
April 11 - Kroon
April 12 - Dave Hamilton
April 18 - Robin Horlock
April 19 - Kroon
April 25 - Kroon
April 26 - Sean Z.
May 2 - Robin Horlock
May 3 - Kroon
May 9 - Kroon
May 10 - Sean Z.
May 16 - Robin Horlock
May 17 - Kroon
May 23 - Kroon
May 24 - Dave Hamilton
May 30 - Robin Horlock
May 31 - Kroon
A word from Eddie Merlot's - Bloomfield Hills
A word from Eddie Merlot's - Bloomfield Hills: Eddie Merlot's Prime-aged Beef and Seafood starts with U.S.D.A. Prime Beef and the freshest seafood. Eddie Merlot's has created one of the hottest concepts today; the wine bar provides more than 75 wines by the glass and a very extensive reserve wine collection by the bottle. The bar is stocked with all of the finest spirits and after dinner cordials and Cognacs. Eddie Merlot's boasts a contemporary but stunningly elegant interior design and atmosphere—where guests can have fun, relax and enjoy listening to up-tempo music, while dressed in business or casual attire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Eddie Merlot's - Bloomfield Hills - Best Restaurants in Bloomfield Hills ›
Eddie Merlot's - Bloomfield Hills reviews from OpenTable diners
180 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (139)notable wine list (81)romantic (79)fit for foodies (64)good for groups (48)neighborhood gem (46)vibrant bar scene (42)great for outdoor dining (33)hot spot (28)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (11)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (4)scenic view (4)Show More
- never again.TheTravelerVIPDined on 9/13/2014We waited over 45 minutes for 1 strip steak and 1 filet and our sides. The strip steak tasted as if it was wrapped in plastic and microwaved... we couldn't even eat it was definitely not a prime piece of meat. Neither steaks were hot or even near warm. Two different people came over between 20 minutes and said 'your food is almost here', 'it should be here in two minutes', 'they didn't bring your food yet?!' And on top of all that, it was probably 50 degrees in the room we were in. We will not ever visit this restaurant again.
- k. ChernyKSC626Dined on 9/13/2014Excellent food. Looking forward to going again, soon. If you haven't had their chateaubriand, it's a must! Pair it with fresh broccoli (cooked perfectly) and their sweet potato casserole- delicious!Special Features:
- sat by kitchenOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014This was our first time dinning at Eddie Merlots. However, it will probably be our last. We were seated at a table right by the kitchen which was very noisy and had a high volume of traffic. The wrong wine was brought to be to start of the evening, asked for lemons by 3 people finally 4th time got them. We ordered 2 sides and one main course that after we ordered were told they were not available. For the amount of money we spent for 4 people over $500, could of had a better dinning experience elsewhere.Special Features:
- Patti55Dined on 9/13/2014We have had many dinners at Eddie Merlot. We even joined their dining club. We have always been seated in the main dining room. This time we walked through the bar to the very back room. The atmosphere in the back could be anywhere. We did not feel that we were eating at Eddie Merlot's. We mentioned this to the manager and he explained they fill this room first and the main dining room after. We should request the main dining room next time.
- Can't wait to come back!dine4wineDined on 9/6/2014What made our dining experience outstanding above all I would have to was our waiter Marcus! He was so friendly and fun we were able to joke back and forth with him! The food was amazing!! I recommend the bacon warped BBQ shrimp for appetizer...they give you 4 HUGE shrimp. And the Seabass was amazing! Can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Service!GraceDined on 9/6/2014We were at Eddie's to celebrate my son's engagement. Eddie Merlot's is our favorite place to eat for special occasions but this visit was exceptional. Our waiter's name was Michael and he made our evening outstanding! Thank you Michael - you are great at what you do!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eddie MerlotLennVIPDined on 9/5/2014Great food great service great atmosphere. We go there often and have never a bad experienceSpecial Features:
- wonderful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014Thank you for making this a special night. The service was wonderful, the food outstanding, everything was perfect. Thank you again.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedlive2eatDined on 9/5/2014I went to Eddie's 2 nights in a row. First night with my husband and 3 year old daughter. The restaurant was very kid friendly. The pork chop and key lime pie were outstanding as was my daughter's mac and cheese. The second night, I celebrated my girlfriend's birthday in the lounge area with live music. We were 6 ladies, and had burgers and cocktails. Everyone in our party was delighted.Special Features:
- Great new additionGreat2FindDined on 8/30/2014First time diners. Our experience was delightful. Very inviting atmosphere, food was very good & Leonard's service was impeccable. A great addition to the area will visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014Googled restaurants in the birmingham area and was blown away by this place! Had no idea it was even here! The food was amazing and the decor is beautiful! Will definitely be coming back again and again!Special Features:
- It's the whole packageOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2014The food was great, the wait staff perfect, the atmosphere was warm! ThanksSpecial Features:
- IronfoodieVIPDined on 8/25/2014The food was terrific and only surpassed by the service!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Great food & service. Gotta have the Smokin Shrimp Cocktail for an appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatSilkyDined on 8/22/2014Our experience was excellent.. We celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary. Our waiter Jimmie was the best... We've shared our photos on Facebook. Our family and friends have been informed to visit your Resturant. The food was the best... We will be back soon....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our favorite restaurantGrantsterDined on 8/22/2014Love Eddie Merlots. Always great food and great service.Special Features:
- Great dinningmgebsonDined on 8/19/2014Had a great time for my Birthday! The service was excellent and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurantpeh127Dined on 8/18/2014My husband and I took my cousin and her husband here for dinner while they were visiting us. They just loved it and we do, too. The food was excellent and the restaurant is beautiful. Everything was just perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovegreatrestaurantsLovegreatrestaurantsDined on 8/17/2014Had a delightful evening here last Sunday!!! Had cocktails outside, and moved in for dinner. Our waiter was superb!!! And the food as good as always----love that sweet potato dish!!!! At the top of my list in the metro area!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible Service - Poor foodShamama75VIPDined on 8/16/2014We went as a group of 10 for my brothers bday party. The ambience is nice but we had a terrible experience with the waiter. Let's just say he made a ethnic remark/stereotype and carried on in complaining that WE paid by CC instead of cash which would delay him getting his tips. Just an awful experience. On top of that, food is way over priced for the quality, especially the steaks. Manager listen to our concern and just apologized...did not really offer any remorse off the bill, not that it would of made up for it. Even if it was free, wouldn't go back
- Wonderful view of Dream CruiseOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/16/2014We came to enjoy for Dream Cruise and also to celebrate our 45th anniversaries. We had a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- First time at Eddie Merlot'sBhamdinerDined on 8/13/2014My wife and I have eaten at many high end steak houses in and around the metropolitan Detroit area and I have to say Eddie Merlot's didn't live up to my expectations and it seemed more of a cruise ship atmosphere. The service we received from Marcus was outstanding. He really made our dinner enjoyable. We started off with the bbq shrimp & filet potstickers which were both delicious. The chopped salad & lobster bisque soup were tasty and for the main course we shared the tomahawk ribeye. It was prepared just right but not as flavorful as I would have expected. The sides of tempura beans were good and the Eddie's potatoes were very bland. We're in no hurry to return but may try it again at some point in the future.Special Features:
- Fabulous Food and Picture PerfectNorthvilleDuoDined on 8/10/2014Our meals were perfection -- from the bisque, to the salad, to the filets (mouthwatering!), to the sweet potato casserole (scrumptious), to the hash brown pie. Eddie Merlot's Merlot was excellent! Cheesecake was yummy. The bread had great texture and flavor. Our server was perfection. It was our first visit and he was an expert in his descriptions and recommendations. He was friendly and professional, and we enjoyed the interaction. Absolutely a wonderful dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High Price, Desired better ServiceTLJ4JCDined on 8/9/2014If you want one of the most expensive evenings out, then go to Eddie Merlot's. We've eaten there in the past and for what we get, the service is ok (not very tentative). Ambience is different/unusual/unique. People are friendly. For the price, we can get so much more at other restaurants in Rochester like Kruse and Muer or Rochester Chop House. Perhaps we're paying for eating in Birmingham.Special Features:
- gr8fudDined on 8/9/2014A great restaurant all around. Good food and wine. Atmosphere great for meeting friends and talking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic mealALW6969Dined on 8/8/2014I've been before and it never disappoints! I've had romantic meals and also great dining with friends! Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great happy hourOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014My friends and I love this place. It is a bit over our budget for us, but we can have a great meal and great time during happy hour. I just wish they would bring back the meatballsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the BestNewYearsEveDined on 8/7/2014We visited Eddie Merlot's with several of my husband's frat brothers from out of town. They were all very impressed. Beautiful restaurant. Though it was very busy, the noise level was perfect for conversation. The food was wonderful. 3 of us had the tenderloins done 3 ways and all were perfectly cooked and delicious. Service was exceptional as well--Eddie (our server)--Great Job! Consensus was that Eddie Merlot's is one of the best restaurants around. We joined the dining club!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than expectedRegularDinerDined on 8/7/2014Was expecting it to be just another steak house, but it turned out to be nicer. The food selections were more varied, the prices were pretty good and the decor was a little more modern. Our server was very friendly and helpful, although I felt she was around a little too much (better than not enough tho). Food quality was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!twatchDined on 8/6/2014Our family of four adults celebrated my husband's birthday here on a Wednesday evening. We sat out on the patio so we could enjoy the beautiful weather. This was not our first visit and we have always have had excellent service. Though our servers were very pleasant, it seemed to take aong time to bring drinks,deliver good, etc. However, that aside (and we were not in a hurry), the food was wonderful and we had an overall 5 star experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back offOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/2/2014Second time to the restaurant with two others that are "members" not an especially busy night , but we were rushed by our waiter. We sat down and were greeted by our waiter, he again approached and we had yet to open our menus. He stated take your time, throughout the night, if I put down a spoon he asked if he could take my half bowl of soup. The same with the bread, my entree, you get the picture. Food was good but the constant hovering of this waiter dampened the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerMvanDined on 8/1/2014Everything was perfect, the food the service the atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always our first choiceBryanGillDined on 7/31/2014As always we had a fabulous dinner, with wonderful wine, and the best service of any restaurant we visit! We recommend this restaurant and our server Tri, to all our friends and acquaintances!! Bryan Gill Sr.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014The food was outstanding. Very tasty. Service and food plates very well balanced. Selection of menu items was very pleasing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service/FoodNORMDined on 7/26/2014Marcus was a great waiter. The food was perfect as alwaysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/25/2014Absolutely amazing food - the filet with peppercorn sauce and the bourbon ribeye were melting in our mouths. The chopped salad was flavorful and the cheese plate for an appetizer the perfect starter. Our server was a highlight of the dinner. He handpicked the appetizer cheese and meat based on our tastes. He made our anniversary dinner memorable. First time we have eaten at this restaurant and were pleasantly surprised how much we loved it. The only downside is they knew it was our anniversary, yet they seated us in the back corner not in the main dining area - not very quaint, cozy or romantic. Not sure why, but we did not complain.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014Food was very good Service was outstanding Surprised they were not full on a Saturdaynite Very Nice Bar !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinnerPeachesandprincessDined on 7/19/2014We celebrated our Anniversary at Eddie Merlot's this weekend and had a wonderful meal, great service and it was a very comfortable and beautiful atmosphere. I highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sat. nite at Eddie Merlots'foofdieVIPDined on 7/19/2014We were seated promptly, at the table we requested. Water glasses filled quickly. Hot bread and olive oil brought to table. My caesar salad was good, and brought with light dressing and anchovies. My filet was slightly overcooked, and not as good as the one I made at home last night (mine was Prime beef, theirs was not. My husbands fish dish was good, and the other woman liked her sea bass.The other man ordered salmon well done. It came medium,he sent it back to be more well cooked. They brought it back to him, still not cooked well.They did finally take it of the bill.The waiter was okay, not anything special. Shared one dessert, ,we ate it so it must have been okay.There are other steakhouses in the area I like better. Won't return.Special Features:
- Great FooddiningoutDined on 7/19/2014Waitstaff a bit too chatty and authoritative with respect to recommendations, etc...I came to talk to my husband, not the waitstaff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.