Eddie Merlot's - Bloomfield Hills
37000 Woodward Ave
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Eddie Merlot's - Bloomfield Hills
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.eddiemerlots.com/
- Phone: 2487124095
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Lounge opens at 4:00pm Daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Matt Strabbing
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live Music in our Lounge:
Friday & Saturday 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm
- Special Events: We Feature live Music in our Lounge every Friday and Saturday Night from 7 PM until 1030 PM
April 5 - Robin Horlock
April 6 - Kroon
April 11 - Kroon
April 12 - Dave Hamilton
April 18 - Robin Horlock
April 19 - Kroon
April 25 - Kroon
April 26 - Sean Z.
May 2 - Robin Horlock
May 3 - Kroon
May 9 - Kroon
May 10 - Sean Z.
May 16 - Robin Horlock
May 17 - Kroon
May 23 - Kroon
May 24 - Dave Hamilton
May 30 - Robin Horlock
May 31 - Kroon
A word from Eddie Merlot's - Bloomfield Hills
A word from Eddie Merlot's - Bloomfield Hills: Eddie Merlot's Prime-aged Beef and Seafood starts with U.S.D.A. Prime Beef and the freshest seafood. Eddie Merlot's has created one of the hottest concepts today; the wine bar provides more than 75 wines by the glass and a very extensive reserve wine collection by the bottle. The bar is stocked with all of the finest spirits and after dinner cordials and Cognacs. Eddie Merlot's boasts a contemporary but stunningly elegant interior design and atmosphere—where guests can have fun, relax and enjoy listening to up-tempo music, while dressed in business or casual attire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Eddie Merlot's - Bloomfield Hills - Best Restaurants in Bloomfield Hills ›
Eddie Merlot's - Bloomfield Hills reviews from OpenTable diners
168 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (124)romantic (72)fit for foodies (68)notable wine list (68)good for groups (50)neighborhood gem (41)vibrant bar scene (37)great for outdoor dining (29)hot spot (27)late-night find (15)kid-friendly (9)scenic view (5)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (4)Show More
- Great food and serviceBloomfieldfanDined on 10/22/2014An outstanding restaurant in the Birmingham-Bloomfield area. Not inexpensive but food portions are generous and the food is always perfectly prepared. Consistently best steaks in the area. Extensive wine list but rather limited in offerings below the $50-75 per bottle range. An expensive but excellent place to dine for special occasions or entertaining.Special Features:
- Went for my wedding anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014The food and service were excellent we will be returning again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MSU2014MSU2014Dined on 10/17/2014I was a little amazed that I made a reservation and had to wait an additional 40 minutes for a table. This caused a cloud over the initial start of the evening. Service was ok but I hate it when I dine and I am not given the specials of the day.Special Features:
- Great ExperiencenoneDined on 10/17/2014The service was beyond our expectations. Our waiter (Devin) made super recommendations on the wine as well as food selections. I will definitely be back again and agin.Special Features:
- Much improved, very nice experienceBloomfieldGuruDined on 10/17/2014I went to Eddie Merlot's when they first opened and 3-4 times since. Every time I have gone things have improved. The GM Dan knows my wife and me by name, service is much improved and the food was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MisterEdDined on 10/16/2014The food was good. The prices were on the high side. Our waitress was excellent. All the wait staff were polite, helpful and on the ball.Special Features:
- BrothersDined on 10/13/2014Absolutley love this establishment. Have visited frequently and will continue to do so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eh ... At BestJoleneVIPDined on 10/11/2014Pretty unimpressive. Food - just ok, service just barely ok. Not worth the $$
- ServiceLennVIPDined on 10/11/2014Service was not up to par. Slower service than usual This is at least my 10th visit and I only remember 1 or 2 other times like this. Drink had to be ordered again because it was never brought to me. Salad was not served as ordered so I had to wait until they brought another. Steak was a little bland and needed to becomes more and we needed to wait for that. Service was not acceptable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent First VisitBillDined on 10/11/2014My wife and I had dinner at Eddie Merlot's for the first time on Saturday night. The service was excellent: Amanda was very attentive and informative. Our steaks were prepared perfectly and promptly. I will recommend Eddie Merlot's to everyone I know who appreciates restaurants of the highest quality.Special Features:
- EddiesCarversDined on 10/10/2014We go there often. The food is great & the restaurant is beautifulSpecial Features:
- Excellent service, great foodRegularDinerDined on 10/9/2014This is our second visit and it did not disappoint. The service was excellent: friendly, there when you wanted them but not in your face all the time. I had the mixed grill and my dining companions had the chateaubriand and everything was cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- boboVIPDined on 10/8/2014We tried two entrees, the meatloaf & short rib pappardelle, both were very good. Also ordered the "new to the menu" roasted beet salad, a beautifully prepared plate. Our server was great, fun & attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A treatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/5/2014We went on a Sunday evening to celebrate our anniversary. There was no wait, which was nice since the kids were at their aunt & uncle's house and it was a school night. We got there at about 6 and were done at about 8, they don't rush you and let you enjoy each course. It was certainly not somewhere we would be able to visit often, dinner for 2 was quite expensive, but it was a nice way to celebrate 14 years together.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinner14YRAnnivDined on 10/4/2014Eddie Merlot's lived up to all the expectations that I had. The food was magnificent. The professional level of the staff was refreshing. Very knowledgeable about the menu and wine pairings. You get what you pay for here.Special Features:
- Dinner outOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/3/2014His steak very good. My chicken. Ho hum. Not great. Surprised and disappointed in the presentation and average flavor. For the high prices they charge hereSpecial Features:
- extremely overpriced6disappointedDined on 10/3/2014If you like paying over $400 for 6 people with no liquor or appetizers then enjoy yourself. The waitstaff kept asking for our orders when we weren't ready, food was heavy with butter and or oil, hair in the hash browns not so good and not dealt with properly by the management. The setting is beautiful inside and valet excellent. Since I had changed the reservation to this place, I had read the reviews and thought it would be fabulous. In less than an hour, the waitstaff had broken wine glasses at 2 tables. Hmmm. Needless to say none of the 6 of us will be returning anytime soon. One note: if you like desserts I would give them 5 stars, our carrot cake was absolutely amazing.Special Features:
- Steak house in good locationLovethesun2014Dined on 10/1/2014Nice restaurant with elaborate decor. Not very busy. Good,but very expensive.lots of other chices in this area.Special Features:
- Great ExperiencePG1316Dined on 9/27/2014My wife and I went visited for the first time and walked away completely satisfied. From the appetizers all the way to desserts, everything was wonderful. The banana's foster for dessert is worth going to Eddie Merlot's alone.Special Features:
- Too LOUD!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014We requested a cozy booth on our Open Table reservation. They reserved a table but said they didn't get our request for a booth. The restaurant was very loud and echo-y. Even though my date was sitting right next to me, I couldn't hear her over the noise! We saw no reason for denying our request for a booth, since all of the booths were open when we arrived (5pm reservation on Saturday night). The food was very good, but in the future, I would not stay to eat, unless we are given a booth that is out of the main dining room!
- Stay-cation RestaurantFoodieFinderDined on 9/26/2014Usually we find restaurants of Eddie Merlot's only while on vacation. How nice to have one so close to home! It reminded us of the ambience and quality of food & service we received at the Ritz Carlton in Aruba. Mike, our waiter, is a real treat. He guided us through the menu while listening to tastes in food and drink to provide us with absolutely the perfect dinner for us that night. EM is known for their fabulous steaks, but we were in the mood for fish. We were not disappointed by the Sea Bass. Fantastic!Special Features:
- boboVIPDined on 9/25/2014We always have a good time at Eddie Merlot's & our last dinner didn't disappoint either. Be sure to join their loyalty program.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!SKBBDined on 9/24/2014Absolutely wonderful from beginning to end! Steaks and crab cakes are second to none; service is impeccable!Special Features:
- SctroyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014This has now become our favorite restaurant for food and atmosphere.Special Features:
- Lukewarm experienceLForsythDined on 9/18/2014My husband and I dined last week for our anniversary. The biggest let down was ordering 2 bottles of wine (~$70-80 each) to be told by the waitress that both selections were out of stock. Looking at the wine list for the 3rd time, our dinner was served. I would've preferred a recommendation with our meals as to what they did have available. It was just sort of a let down for the evening. The petite filet was excellent, and my husband had the bison ribeye. It was good, but he said it was a little tougher texture (somewhat expected with a leaner meat of bison) and would have preferred a beef ribeye.Special Features:
- never again.TheTravelerVIPDined on 9/13/2014We waited over 45 minutes for 1 strip steak and 1 filet and our sides. The strip steak tasted as if it was wrapped in plastic and microwaved... we couldn't even eat it was definitely not a prime piece of meat. Neither steaks were hot or even near warm. Two different people came over between 20 minutes and said 'your food is almost here', 'it should be here in two minutes', 'they didn't bring your food yet?!' And on top of all that, it was probably 50 degrees in the room we were in. We will not ever visit this restaurant again.
- k. ChernyKSC626Dined on 9/13/2014Excellent food. Looking forward to going again, soon. If you haven't had their chateaubriand, it's a must! Pair it with fresh broccoli (cooked perfectly) and their sweet potato casserole- delicious!Special Features:
- sat by kitchenOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014This was our first time dinning at Eddie Merlots. However, it will probably be our last. We were seated at a table right by the kitchen which was very noisy and had a high volume of traffic. The wrong wine was brought to be to start of the evening, asked for lemons by 3 people finally 4th time got them. We ordered 2 sides and one main course that after we ordered were told they were not available. For the amount of money we spent for 4 people over $500, could of had a better dinning experience elsewhere.Special Features:
- Patti55Dined on 9/13/2014We have had many dinners at Eddie Merlot. We even joined their dining club. We have always been seated in the main dining room. This time we walked through the bar to the very back room. The atmosphere in the back could be anywhere. We did not feel that we were eating at Eddie Merlot's. We mentioned this to the manager and he explained they fill this room first and the main dining room after. We should request the main dining room next time.
- Just "Average"Sar328Dined on 9/13/2014Servers worked in 2's - front server not interested in our table once it was clear we weren't buying a bottle of wine. We did have a glass of wine and split 2-3 apps, a salad and 3 sides, and we dined early evening so that our table could open up again. Brussel sprouts were excellent. Carpaccio, which came highly recommended was one of the worst I've had - no flavor and was "mush". Tempura green beans lacked flavor. Caesar salad - lettuce was so wet the dressing didn't stick. Overall, not great. Back server, Ashley, was fantastic. Too bad she couldn't keep all the tip, she deserved it. Had calamari, french onion soup, and potatoes - none of which were better than average- you expect a lot more than average at an upscale steakhouse.
- Can't wait to come back!dine4wineDined on 9/6/2014What made our dining experience outstanding above all I would have to was our waiter Marcus! He was so friendly and fun we were able to joke back and forth with him! The food was amazing!! I recommend the bacon warped BBQ shrimp for appetizer...they give you 4 HUGE shrimp. And the Seabass was amazing! Can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Service!GraceDined on 9/6/2014We were at Eddie's to celebrate my son's engagement. Eddie Merlot's is our favorite place to eat for special occasions but this visit was exceptional. Our waiter's name was Michael and he made our evening outstanding! Thank you Michael - you are great at what you do!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eddie MerlotLennVIPDined on 9/5/2014Great food great service great atmosphere. We go there often and have never a bad experienceSpecial Features:
- wonderful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014Thank you for making this a special night. The service was wonderful, the food outstanding, everything was perfect. Thank you again.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedlive2eatDined on 9/5/2014I went to Eddie's 2 nights in a row. First night with my husband and 3 year old daughter. The restaurant was very kid friendly. The pork chop and key lime pie were outstanding as was my daughter's mac and cheese. The second night, I celebrated my girlfriend's birthday in the lounge area with live music. We were 6 ladies, and had burgers and cocktails. Everyone in our party was delighted.Special Features:
- Great new additionGreat2FindDined on 8/30/2014First time diners. Our experience was delightful. Very inviting atmosphere, food was very good & Leonard's service was impeccable. A great addition to the area will visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014Googled restaurants in the birmingham area and was blown away by this place! Had no idea it was even here! The food was amazing and the decor is beautiful! Will definitely be coming back again and again!Special Features:
- It's the whole packageOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2014The food was great, the wait staff perfect, the atmosphere was warm! ThanksSpecial Features:
- IronfoodieVIPDined on 8/25/2014The food was terrific and only surpassed by the service!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Great food & service. Gotta have the Smokin Shrimp Cocktail for an appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.