Eddie Merlot's - Bloomfield Hills
37000 Woodward Ave
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Eddie Merlot's - Bloomfield Hills
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.eddiemerlots.com/
- Phone: (248) 712-4095
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Lounge opens at 4:00pm Daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Matt Strabbing
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live Music in our Lounge:
Friday & Saturday 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm
- Special Events: We Feature live Music in our Lounge every Friday and Saturday Night from 7 PM until 1030 PM
April 5 - Robin Horlock
April 6 - Kroon
April 11 - Kroon
April 12 - Dave Hamilton
April 18 - Robin Horlock
April 19 - Kroon
April 25 - Kroon
April 26 - Sean Z.
May 2 - Robin Horlock
May 3 - Kroon
May 9 - Kroon
May 10 - Sean Z.
May 16 - Robin Horlock
May 17 - Kroon
May 23 - Kroon
May 24 - Dave Hamilton
May 30 - Robin Horlock
May 31 - Kroon
A word from Eddie Merlot's - Bloomfield Hills
A word from Eddie Merlot's - Bloomfield Hills: Eddie Merlot's Prime-aged Beef and Seafood starts with U.S.D.A. Prime Beef and the freshest seafood. Eddie Merlot's has created one of the hottest concepts today; the wine bar provides more than 75 wines by the glass and a very extensive reserve wine collection by the bottle. The bar is stocked with all of the finest spirits and after dinner cordials and Cognacs. Eddie Merlot's boasts a contemporary but stunningly elegant interior design and atmosphere—where guests can have fun, relax and enjoy listening to up-tempo music, while dressed in business or casual attire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Eddie Merlot's - Bloomfield Hills - Best Restaurants in Bloomfield Hills ›
Eddie Merlot's - Bloomfield Hills reviews from OpenTable diners
176 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (126)romantic (82)notable wine list (78)fit for foodies (72)good for groups (64)vibrant bar scene (39)neighborhood gem (39)hot spot (32)great for outdoor dining (17)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (7)great for lunch (7)scenic view (7)great for brunch (4)Show More
- Fabulous!SteveDined on 11/22/2014Excellent! Service and food were fabulous. Loved the homemade meatloaf, and lyonaise potatoes. Had Bananas foster for desert, made tableside. Everything was fabulous. Cant wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good choicedavek521Dined on 11/22/2014Always have a good experience at Eddie Merlot. However this time it was a little busy and they have a couple new chefs so the food was as amazing as always. Still very good though and the steaks are top of the line, the mushrooms are excellent, and like the fire shrimp. Excellent for a romantic date or special occasion. Service is always excellent and the manager always comes and makes sure everything was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will returngoblueVIPDined on 11/22/2014The service wasn't as good as our previous visits. Our waitress forgot several things we ordered. The trout was fair, but my husband liked the short ribsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a triumphGrantsterDined on 11/22/2014Love Eddie Merlot's. As always the food was delicious and the service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- boboVIPDined on 11/21/2014We eat here often, but our last dinner was a bit off. The burger was fine, but the lobster roll was bland and overpriced. However, we tried the lyonnaise potatoes & they were excellent....crispy on the outside, tender on the inside & not greasy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notch allthe wayCappyDined on 11/15/2014From the moment we walked in I was impressed. The decor is beautiful. The service was excellent. The food came out hot and extremely well presented but most importantly the flavor was out of this world. Overall this was the most complete and amazing dining experience I have had in Metro Detroit in a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The PastorsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/14/2014We have been to this restaurant twice before. And it is usually wonderful. My husband is Mia was not to satisfaction this time.But other than that everything else was perfect. We will visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemTAG9Dined on 11/13/2014The decor was beautiful and very comfortable atmosphere. The noise level was low and we could enjoy our conversation. We loved the Bison Rib-eye steak with the zip sauce. The sea bass was excellent. Definitely try the shrimp cocktail. The service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gobluemomVIPDined on 11/12/2014This is a very nice restaurant but I am surprised that they command so much for their entrees in a very competitive market.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance, yet the food was mediocreChanelDined on 11/8/2014I had dinner with a friend on a Saturday night. The service was great. The staff was exceptionally trained. It is a busy restaurant with a variety of customers (no particular age group). I had the steak (so did my friend), both were OK. Nothing too special about them. We also had the sweet potatoe side, as well as asparagus. they were recommended by the staff. Neither were mouth-watering. The wine list was good, but I would not return for dinner again.Special Features:
- Yum!MkkkDined on 11/7/2014Great food and service. The ambiance is amazing. I just love this place. You really can't go wrong here. Everything we had was really yummy! lobster tail was amazing and BBQ shrimp was so good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great short ribsLouiDined on 11/4/2014Our group of six all thoroughly enjoyed their meals. I had the braised short ribs which were excellent. Their specially priced meals are a great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thoroughly enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/2/2014Eddie Merlot's was a wonderful dining experience. We ate there after seeing Motown at the Fisher. Although a bit pricey, the food was well prepared both for the palate and the presentation. Wine was just appropriate and the carrot cake was such a larger portion, we're still munching on it. I'd highly recommend the restaurant, especially for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Special OccasionDisappointedDined on 11/1/2014Food was very good & service outstanding. Portions were huge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2014Nice looking place. Slow paced service (which is fine if your intent is to have a 2 hour dinner). Food was very average at best and EXTREMELY over priced. I pad $35 for 5 scallops and another $9 for asparagus. It was ok, but not worth $44.
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014I was looking for a special place to celebrate my Birthday. Well, Eddie Merlot's was that special place that met all of my requirements--and I am very picky. I gave Eddie Merlot's an excellent rating in Food, Ambiance, Service and Entertainment. Thank You for making my 40th Birthday a memorable one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere expensive bad foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/24/2014Onion soup cold. Caesar salad excellent- forgot to bring one them. Chicken bland and tasteless-told my husband not to order chicken at a steak house! Steaks were tough, one was under-cooked. I guess they have forgotten the secret to a successful steak house is SHARP knives! We ordered a cheeseburger, specifically asked for french fries for my 4 year old off the kid's menu. They brought it with mashed potatoes, "because it comes with it" was their excuse. We had to ask again for french fries. The cheeseburger and fries were DELICIOUS by the way. Mashed potatoes not so much. The atmosphere beautiful, presentation flawless, nice live guitar music, comfortable chairs, food & service poor, expensive. A place to impress not eat.Special Features:
- Food was very bad.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/24/2014Like the restaurant but recently my experience is very bad with the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ambiance! Great Food!DocZDined on 10/24/2014We had a great experience. The food was delicious and the service was phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not Great Food- Too ExpensiveJack2112Dined on 10/23/2014It is a place to be "seen" in the area. Some of the Tiger's management team was there. The food was good but everything was way over priced. If the food was excellent, ala Tribute, I can see paying the price. They may loose clients now that 220 Merrill is back open. That said, the service was outstanding. Her name was Merry.
- Great food and serviceBloomfieldfanDined on 10/22/2014An outstanding restaurant in the Birmingham-Bloomfield area. Not inexpensive but food portions are generous and the food is always perfectly prepared. Consistently best steaks in the area. Extensive wine list but rather limited in offerings below the $50-75 per bottle range. An expensive but excellent place to dine for special occasions or entertaining.Special Features:
- Went for my wedding anniversaryWeeatgoodDined on 10/19/2014The food and service were excellent we will be returning again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MSU2014MSU2014Dined on 10/17/2014I was a little amazed that I made a reservation and had to wait an additional 40 minutes for a table. This caused a cloud over the initial start of the evening. Service was ok but I hate it when I dine and I am not given the specials of the day.Special Features:
- Great ExperiencenoneDined on 10/17/2014The service was beyond our expectations. Our waiter (Devin) made super recommendations on the wine as well as food selections. I will definitely be back again and agin.Special Features:
- Much improved, very nice experienceBloomfieldGuruDined on 10/17/2014I went to Eddie Merlot's when they first opened and 3-4 times since. Every time I have gone things have improved. The GM Dan knows my wife and me by name, service is much improved and the food was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MisterEdDined on 10/16/2014The food was good. The prices were on the high side. Our waitress was excellent. All the wait staff were polite, helpful and on the ball.Special Features:
- BrothersDined on 10/13/2014Absolutley love this establishment. Have visited frequently and will continue to do so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eh ... At BestJoleneVIPDined on 10/11/2014Pretty unimpressive. Food - just ok, service just barely ok. Not worth the $$
- ServiceLennVIPDined on 10/11/2014Service was not up to par. Slower service than usual This is at least my 10th visit and I only remember 1 or 2 other times like this. Drink had to be ordered again because it was never brought to me. Salad was not served as ordered so I had to wait until they brought another. Steak was a little bland and needed to becomes more and we needed to wait for that. Service was not acceptable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent First VisitBillDined on 10/11/2014My wife and I had dinner at Eddie Merlot's for the first time on Saturday night. The service was excellent: Amanda was very attentive and informative. Our steaks were prepared perfectly and promptly. I will recommend Eddie Merlot's to everyone I know who appreciates restaurants of the highest quality.Special Features:
- EddiesCarversDined on 10/10/2014We go there often. The food is great & the restaurant is beautifulSpecial Features:
- Excellent service, great foodRegularDinerDined on 10/9/2014This is our second visit and it did not disappoint. The service was excellent: friendly, there when you wanted them but not in your face all the time. I had the mixed grill and my dining companions had the chateaubriand and everything was cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- boboVIPDined on 10/8/2014We tried two entrees, the meatloaf & short rib pappardelle, both were very good. Also ordered the "new to the menu" roasted beet salad, a beautifully prepared plate. Our server was great, fun & attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A treatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/5/2014We went on a Sunday evening to celebrate our anniversary. There was no wait, which was nice since the kids were at their aunt & uncle's house and it was a school night. We got there at about 6 and were done at about 8, they don't rush you and let you enjoy each course. It was certainly not somewhere we would be able to visit often, dinner for 2 was quite expensive, but it was a nice way to celebrate 14 years together.Special Features:
- great food and serviceFoodizgoodDined on 10/4/2014very good. had live music the night i went! enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Dinner14YRAnnivDined on 10/4/2014Eddie Merlot's lived up to all the expectations that I had. The food was magnificent. The professional level of the staff was refreshing. Very knowledgeable about the menu and wine pairings. You get what you pay for here.Special Features:
- Dinner outOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/3/2014His steak very good. My chicken. Ho hum. Not great. Surprised and disappointed in the presentation and average flavor. For the high prices they charge hereSpecial Features:
- extremely overpriced6disappointedDined on 10/3/2014If you like paying over $400 for 6 people with no liquor or appetizers then enjoy yourself. The waitstaff kept asking for our orders when we weren't ready, food was heavy with butter and or oil, hair in the hash browns not so good and not dealt with properly by the management. The setting is beautiful inside and valet excellent. Since I had changed the reservation to this place, I had read the reviews and thought it would be fabulous. In less than an hour, the waitstaff had broken wine glasses at 2 tables. Hmmm. Needless to say none of the 6 of us will be returning anytime soon. One note: if you like desserts I would give them 5 stars, our carrot cake was absolutely amazing.Special Features:
- Steak house in good locationLovethesun2014Dined on 10/1/2014Nice restaurant with elaborate decor. Not very busy. Good,but very expensive.lots of other chices in this area.Special Features:
- Great ExperiencePG1316Dined on 9/27/2014My wife and I went visited for the first time and walked away completely satisfied. From the appetizers all the way to desserts, everything was wonderful. The banana's foster for dessert is worth going to Eddie Merlot's alone.Special Features: