2282 Carmel Valley Rd.
San Diego, CA 92014Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://edamami.com/
- Phone: 8587554777x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm; Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Korean, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Jo Si Ken
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine
- Catering: At least a weeks notice for catering events.
- Private Party Facilities: Our restaurant can take approximately take 25 people for large parties. Private Dining such as these will have your own patio section that can be accessed throughout the entire time dining with us. Any parties less than 18 would not be allowed to have their own sections of the restaurant. All parties 15 and more will have a 20% gratuity charge.
- Private Party Contact: Edmund 8587554777x
A word from Eda-mami
Eda-Mami serves authentic Japanese style sushi with innovative and delicious twists made by our creative and talented Sushi Chefs and Kitchen Chefs. We have an extensive menu - from sushi to noodles to rice entrées.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Eda-mami - Best Restaurants in Del Mar ›
Eda-mami reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (19)great for outdoor dining (17)great for lunch (10)neighborhood gem (8)romantic (6)good for groups (4)kid-friendly (3)fit for foodies (2)great for brunch (1)special occasion (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014I don't have time to wrote a thorough review. Waiter was very good, seating was a little cramped, I've had better Japanese food.Special Features:
- Always a good experienceChrissieDined on 8/17/2014Enjoy their sushi and view. Service always friendly.Special Features:
- very slow serviceRichardDined on 8/1/2014This was our third time there, and we gave up. The first two times service was incredibly slow so we decided to try one more time since it is a local place. We walked out since no one came to attend to us after 10 minutes. Too bad because it is a nice location, and food is ok..nothing spectacular. We won't be going again, nor woujd we recommend to our Del Mar neighbors.Special Features:
- Great food but needs managementOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Our 2nd visit and we made a reservation this time. When my husband and I arrived, we saw there were many empty tables outside and asked if we could sit outside on one of their lovely patios. The two (snotty) teenage hostesses told us those tables were reserved. We were seated at a table in the middle of the room filled with tables of families with at least 12 small kids. When we asked if we could be seated elsewhere the super snotty girl said no that was the ONLY table available (although there were empty tables in the other room and on both patios). We went ahead and made the best of it. Shall I mention that during our entire (loud) dinner and when we left only ONE table was occupied on the 2nd patio. Where is the manager at this place?
- Good for Workday LunchLive2EatDined on 7/25/2014The sushi is fine and the service is quick. Great spot to stop at if you don't have a lot of time and are looking for a sushi fix.Special Features:
- Quality sushi with a view!live2eatDined on 6/18/2014Somehow I have missed this quaint sushi joint even though I live only three miles away. Phenomenal location and view and the sushi was satisfying and fairly priced. The young wait staff were efficient and very cordial. No "Millennial" attitude! I will definitely return to eat here with other friends.Special Features:
- Company lunch spotchichichihiroDined on 6/3/2014Edamami has excellent view and is at very close proximity to a lot of companies at Torrey Pines and Sorrento Valley. They have recently updated their all day happy hour menu to be a bit more expensive (from $3 to $4 a basic roll). It is inconvenient that each table can only use 2 credit cards for billing without being slap on a $0.35 transaction fee (which in CA is illegal according to CA Civil Code section 1748.1...). On the bright side, this place is very consistent with the food and servers are pleasant and helpful.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014we come roughly 2-3 times a month. If we were to review them as of 6 months ago, we would give 5 stars. Last few times have been disappointing. If we had other good sushi options near our house, we would switch. The rolls have been a little less fresh & the hostesses are not helpful. We arrived last week & even though the restaurant was completely empty at 5pm, we were told we couldn't sit outside b'c that was reservations only.(even though the group that arrived after us asked & was given a table outside…hmmm) This week, we made sure to make a RSVP & upon arrival at an empty restaurant, were told that we didn't specify in our RSVP as OUTSIDE& again sat inside as the patio tables were empty for the entire hour we were there.Disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be backChrissieDined on 5/24/2014One of my favorite local restaurants. Always friendly service, lovely scenic view of lagoon and Torrey Pines, and wonderful rolls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 16 reviews are from the Eda-mami reviews archive.
- Definitely will be backChrissieDined on 5/17/2014I've been a regular now for about two years when I first discovered this lovely sushi restaurant. The servers are always friendly and accommodating. I love the view of the lagoon right across the street. We watch the fish jumping and the egrets feeding. So peaceful. The carmel valley roll is one of our favorites but always had great sushi meals no matter what we ordered. No parking problems and five minutes from my house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First -timersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/12/2014I read the reviews from earlier diners and it was my turn to choose the location for our monthly ethnic lunch outing. I was a little concerned by the hillside parking lot (being handicapped in a scooter) but all worked well and we were quickly seated and enjoyed a relaxing, savory luncheon with an attentive waiter making suggestions when asked and checking just enough to make sure everything was good. We will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner 5th April 2014MrsBUKDined on 5/5/2014It was very quiet so atmosphere lacking on a Monday night. However food was great, fish so fresh and delicious. It would have been kind if the staff could have waited until we finished eating to stack chairs. Wasn't very encouraging for us to extend our evening there with additional drinks so we left for elsewhere.Special Features:
- Some of the best sushi I've had!SmklinefelterDined on 4/27/2014We stumbled onto this place because of the Google reviews and ratings and I have to say that they served up some of the best sushi we've ever had. Try the French Kiss!!!!!Special Features:
- Sushi near worksushiloverDined on 4/2/2014great food and service. some unique and tasty sushi rolls will have me back again soon!Special Features:
- Quantity of foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014I ordered vegetable udon and there where only a few pieces.Special Features:
- Favorite go toReemDined on 3/18/2014The view never let's me down, sushi always great...the service always slow and lacking attention. It would be a trifecta otherwise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local spotKevkalDined on 3/8/2014This is the best sushi in del Mar, very affordable and they have a good 24/7 happy hour!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful serviceGoodTimesDined on 3/8/2014Awful service. Beer brought out in a wine cooler because it was warm. Appetizer came with meal. Over 15 minutes from when the first person got their dish to the last dish delivered. I had the Mahi Mahi and I must say it was the worst prepared fish I have ever been had. Possibly just a bad night but we won't go back.
- Great place for Japanese foodOXYGENLADYDined on 3/2/2014We enjoyed our visit to Eda-mami very much. The server was attentive. The food was quite tasty and the presentation good. We started with the gyoza which were done just slightly crispy. I had the bulgogi and my husband had the sushi dinner plate and an additional sushi plate--all of which we enjoyed immensely. I topped off my meal with some green tea ice cream which was good but not as tasty as some I've had in the past. If there was any complaint it had to do with when things were served. The sushi dinner plate (an entree) was served before the gyoza (an appetizer). Despite this, we plan to return and try some of the other items on the menu that sounded appealing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/26/2014Happy hour all day, every day! Great little spot with outdoor dining and a view of the ocean and lagoon. At night each outdoor table has a little fire of their own by the table for warmth. Very fun, quaint place. Great service, good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly service. BeautifulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/17/2014Friendly service. Beautiful outdoor view. Even in the evening it was fun to see the train going by.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Suprisingly fantasticJchaDined on 2/7/2014My girlfriend and I came here for our anniversary. Beautiful location, pleanty of parking behind the Restraunt. Our server was great, gave us pleanty of time to make decisions but as soon as we were ready she was by our side. The food was amazing we got four rolls and they were all outstanding! The tempura vegetables and shrimp were also amazing. We sat outside and it was pretty chilly but as soon as we sat down they fired up an outdoor heater right next to us and made the outdoor experience that much better. The food was amazing, the service was amazing and the atmosphere was perfect for a romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good meal, butSteveDined on 1/25/2014Sushi was ok but not outstanding. Rolls were very good and diverse choices. Service was attentiveSpecial Features:
- Great beach view lunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/30/2013Great Japanese food with wonderful service and great view. One of the best lunches I have had with friends in a long time.Special Features:
- Lunch place only. AbsolutelyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/21/2013Lunch place only. Absolutely not for dinner - neither decor nor food differentiates it from the surrounding (Chinese take-out, Burrito parlor). Such a shame - they have prime location, overlooking Torrey Pines lagoon. It looks as if owner does not understand this simple fact - the restaurant fence is adorned by 3-foot tall signs advertising cheap beer and happy hour "all-day'. If you are a student looking for cheap food and alcohol - this is the place for you. If, on the other hand, you are looking for an equivalent of Japengo or, even better, Sushi Ota, you will be sorely disappointed.Special Features: