6177 Delmar Blvd in The Loop
St. Louis, MO 63112Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.eclipsestlouis.com/
- Phone: 3147262222
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 2:00am; Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 6:30am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: John Stuhlman
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Have your special event at Eclipse! Meetings, weddings or birthdays, our chefs can create a wide selection of options. Contact our Banquet Manager, Sarah Francis for menu, seating options and pricing at email@example.com.
A word from Eclipse Restaurant
Eclipse takes the classics and reinterprets them with exciting ingredients and edgy presentations. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served daily, and cocktails and small plate specialties are available nightly at the Rooftop Terrace Bar. The atmosphere is comfortable and the vibrant blue fiber-optics highlight the bar and one-of-a-kind lunar murals are truly, a visual feast.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Eclipse Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (7)fit for foodies (7)special occasion (6)great for lunch (5)good for groups (4)romantic (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)notable wine list (1)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Pleasantly surprisedbirthdaygirlDined on 10/18/2014I was a little worried about the limited menu, and that no one was there when we arrived, but the food was phenomenal! From the appetizers to the drink choices to the entrees to the service, it was a positive experience all the way around. I would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CleverspoonballVIPDined on 10/12/2014Love the decor and the ambience of the Moonrise Hotel and Eclipse Restaurant. We chose the restaurant because of location. Handy to Pageant Theater where we had post dinner tickets. Burgers were tasty according to my companions but my salmon was WAY over cooked. Disappointing.
- Great vibe and view!chuchuclarkDined on 9/1/2014Food was excellent, moderate prices. Will definitely return!😊Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No ServiceMrsPaxDined on 8/31/2014My husband and I made a 7:15 reservation for Eclipse and were promptly greeted by a very welcoming bar tender who appeared thrilled to accommodate us. We had previewed the menu and knew exactly what we wanted to order. However, we sat at least five minutes before we were greeted with menus by a rushing waiter who was in such a hurry that he overfilled my glass and water spilled onto the table. We reviewed the menu's and then waited to order, and waited, and waited. The waiter assisted the table to the left of us several times without looking in our direction or returning to check on us or ask if we were ready to order. After 30 minutes without service, we walked out feeling very disappointed.
- Interesting part of the LoopKenwoodVIPDined on 8/25/2014Was in St. Louis on business and the client suggested staying at Moonrise. Had lunch at Eclipse when I got in and it was so good, I decided to tr it for dinner. The service was attentive and the food was good. The ambience was a little "out there," but that was apart of the charm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not good.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/2/2014Extremely slow service and food that was mediocre at best. Restaurant appeared dirty.
- eclipJulyDined on 7/31/2014very great for lunch not crowded good food good value will returnSpecial Features:
- ToniDined on 7/20/2014Good place for a brunch with friends. The service is professional and warm. I was sad that they had a very limited menu in the main dining room for brunch, only 4 options, but all of them were very good and our server let us order the side options of protein and fruit still so it wasn't that big of a deal. They now only offer a small number of options for brunch and breakfast downstairs but they have a more extensive buffet option on the 8th floor, it's $18, I was told it was pretty awesome though.Special Features:
- Horrible service!!!Veggielover1Dined on 7/18/2014After entering this beautifully designed restaurant and being seated, my expectations began to decline. The waiter took our order but seemed to lack interest in our arrival. He was not very personable and did not talk much. As we waited on our food, we observed him taking an order at another table where he seemed to somehow come to life. He shared the house specialities with them and even made personal suggestions. The presentation of our food was outstanding and even the first bite was impressive! My salmon was not cooked well nor was I asked prior to ordering how I would like it prepared. It was sent back to me still undercooked & I lost my appetite. I requested a 'to-go' box, however, the waiter was unconcerned about my dissatisfaction.Special Features:
- would come here againoutoftownerDined on 7/11/2014Duck was excellent, mahi-mahi good; fresh brussels sprouts on the menu, which i love and you don't find that often; lots of wines by the glass, which is good when you're dining with a scotch drinker. Breads on the table-1 with cheese baked in, the other a cornbread type muffin, very tasty both of them. Great Gran Marnier(sp?) creme brulee. The Caesar salad actually tasted like real anchovies Our waiter, Tyler, was very attentive, helpful with suggestions and knowledgeable about the menu. We were there very early (6PM) before a crowd showed up, so I can't say what the later night atmosphere is like, but it was quiet and low-key when we were there. Reasonably priced, as 2 sides came with the entreeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/3/2014My wife and I came for dinner on a slow Thursday evening. She ordered the Mahi and I ordered the pasta. Both dishes seemed to lack any real flavor despite seeming well prepared. We had to add more salt and pepper than I would have liked just to get some real taste out of our meal. Quite disappointing.
- The following 447 reviews are from the Eclipse Restaurant reviews archive.
- Not a happy customerDissatisfiedDined on 6/21/2014Date night with my husband expected great food and service, husbands blue moon had four pieces of hair on the mouth part????? Then he ordered the house Alfredo with no spinach!!! Food came out with spinach we waited so long for it that then he didn't want to send it back. When waiter came by finally I mentioned both issues to her and she didn't say a word...sorry, I apologize, let me get a manager, etc.....she just brought the bill out after that!Special Features:
- Disappointed on many levelsGrover87Dined on 6/20/2014I was excited to find a restaurant with a vibrant atmosphere and with late hours.The service was simply weird. Our waiter mostly stared at us and I had to ask him if we could order drinks. He was pretty scarce the rest of the night, which in hind sight was nice, since all he did was awkwardly stare every time he came over. The food did not make up for the waiter's personality. I enjoy steak so I ordered a ribeye, cooked medium with mash potatoes, and rice pilaf. Though the steak (well done) tasted good, it couldn't make up for the sides that I can only assume came from the frozen section of a local grocery store. I didn't dare try desert. Simply not what I expected nor hoped for. I spent $75 on a dinner that wasn't worth $20.Special Features:
- ConvenientSanLouisKidDined on 6/8/2014We ate here prior to attending a concert at the Pageant, which is just a few hundred feet away. We enjoyed the food. It was either our waiters first night of waiting or he was handling three times his normal number of tables because we saw very little of him. He took our order (after about a ten minute wait) and someone else delivered the drinks and food, then he showed up with the bill. But, the food was good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/6/2014The resturant was totally diserted the night we were there. Part of our food was totally cold when served. The porportion sizes were extremely small. The waitress only checked on us 2 times, we had to flag another employee to get help with our food. Very disappointed.
- Consistently very goodGAry1392VIPDined on 5/25/2014We have never had a bad experience at Eclipse from start to finish. As in the past, service was friendly, attentive and knowledgeable. Food was well prepared. There was a problem with brunch not being held because of a hotel event so the rooftop area was not available. Of note, there was no communication either by way of posted signs or an email to us that there would only be a very limited brunch menu available in the Eclipse dining room - a real disappointment and something that should be corrected. I'd advise calling ahead if your plans call for a brunch just in case their regular brunch is not available.Special Features:
- Brunch EclipsedSaintLouisRickDined on 5/18/2014Brunch at the Eclipse restaurant rooftop is wonderful. My sister's first time was a great experience, and she plans on returning. Biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, bacon, excellent sausage, potato cubes, and the fantastic sauce with the salmon were on the hot side. The cold side had sweet fruits, salads, rolls, and sauces to go with each. The menu may change from week to week, but it has been very good every time.Special Features:
- Over priced for quality of food.LiveToEatDined on 5/16/2014I chose this restaurant for the balcony views but it wasn't available and we were seated indoors. Typical hotel food, over priced for the quality. Service was good though.Special Features:
- Mother's Day choicedwstl11Dined on 5/11/2014This was a great place to spend Mother's Day brunch. They served Classic brunch fare and the staff was outstanding.Special Features:
- mothers day brunchKenZDined on 5/11/2014food was good, seated immediately, food was well stocked, never ran out of anything. Not too crowded.Special Features:
- Great Brunch at EclipseMonsiuerCreosoteDined on 5/11/2014I took my wife to brunch for Mother's Day at Eclipse and had a wonderful time. Even though I am usually not a fan of buffets, theirs was yummy! Great variety. Omelette bar, French Toast/Flambé station, salmon, great selection of fruits, berries, carved meats, and a nice job on the standard scrambled eggs, bacon, biscuits & gravy. My only critique is that the poor girl working the French toast station needed some backup. She was swamped, but handled it well. We will brunch their again.Special Features:
- Good dining experiencefirstclass1906Dined on 5/10/2014I really enjoyed the atmosphere of the restaurant & the food selection was adequate but very tasteful. The restaurant service was not all that great. The server seemed rushed in providing service, then almost none existant as the restaurant got a little busier further into the evening. I had to wave down my server to request my bill to be brought to the table.Special Features:
- Tasty and QuietOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014Food was delicious. I ordered the flatbread appetizer and a Caesar salad - both were delicious! The restaurant was quiet enough to hold a conversation, a rare find among current trendy eateries. Hats off to Eclipse!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday and New Employee LunchWeRFansDined on 4/28/2014Our team had a lot to celebrate with the birthday of a team member and welcoming a new team member. We chose Eclipse because the atmosphere on the website looked interesting and the menu sounded delicious. Eclipse did not disappoint! We love to celebrate our team members and look for a good place to eat and do that. Two questions we always ask each other are 1. Would you order that again? 2. Would you come back?. The answer to those questions in reference to Eclipse and its food was a resounding YES! from everyone. We'll be back, Eclipse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingLinder127VIPDined on 4/26/2014We love to go to the Moonrise Bar on the top of this building for a drink. It's a fun, lively spot with great views all around the city. That's why it's very unfortunate that the Eclipse restaurant on the first floor has such mediocre food. The ambiance is nice with a "space" theme and the bar area is good for watching sports. The food, however, just isn't good. My friends and I all had the pesto fettuccine last time and it was completely tasteless. I have gone to this restaurant several times, following a drink up on the roof, hoping each time that it would be better. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to get better.. My recommendation would be to have a drink up at the Moonrise then go somewhere else in the area for dinner.
- Pleasant Easter Brunch39yearsDined on 4/20/2014Had a generally fine brunch on Easter. Food was good to excellent. Busy but not overwhelmed. Would do it again..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh....STLgirlDined on 4/20/2014The food was decent. Although they ran out of biscuits and bacon (at 11 am). They were not replenished until our table was finished eating. The service was horrible. Dirty plates were not removed from the table until there was a stack of 5-6 plates high and I found someone to take them away. The entire table's waters were completely empty and I had to find someone to refill them myself. I won't eat here again. Which is a shame, it's a cute spot.
- Great Dining SportlindasueDined on 4/12/2014A very enjoyable spot for a lovely dining experience--good food and great ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hostesses, Bartenders, andunexpectedDined on 3/29/2014Hostesses, Bartenders, and Food were all good. Great atmosphere. Waiter seemed to not care that he had a table.Special Features:
- What a treat!CblevVIPDined on 3/25/2014Can't wait to return for dinner! Entrees were flavorful and interesting. Sides were amazing! Desserts were good but not spectacular. Prices reasonable. Portions adequate. Service exemplary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food suffersOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/9/2014Bread was dry. Brisket was gooey with only a taste of onion. Calamari was dripping oil. Beer was good.
- First time dinerBunchLuvrDined on 2/22/2014This was a great experience. My friend and I decided to go to brunch at a place neither of us had ever been, and we are so glad we chose Eclipse. I arrived first. I did have to wait for a while before being acknowledged, but the drink I ordered was good. I guess the bartender was away because he ended up being our server too. He made great recommendations on what to order and was patient and attentive. My coffee cup was never empty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kudos to the folks in theJavaCarDined on 2/16/2014Kudos to the folks in the kitchen. They've really got their game on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- preshow diningParticularButEasyToPleaseDined on 2/15/2014Eclipse does a very good job overall. Our food was very tasty on all fronts. The crab cakes were some of the best I have had. The caesar salads were fresh, traditional, and big. All too often, restaurants add the special zing that screws up a good caesar. My wife's strip steak was perfectly cooked and a decent size. My lobster pot pie was just what I wanted and tasted great. The grilled asparagus and ratatouille were pretty okay. What was the problem? Staging. After a bit of a wait, the salads came first with the crab cakes a few minutes behind and our entrees a few minutes after that. Our two top table was overflowing. The three different servers didn't seem to be in sync with drinks, serving, and clearing. Yes, I will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved it!!LeeWDined on 2/14/2014What a wonderful surprise!! We've all been to "hotel" restaurants that were heavy on promises and light on performance. You won't find that here. I was taking a couple new lady friends out for a valentine dinner. We all wanted to try somewhere new and selected Eclipse because it was right in the middle of lots of things to do and we could get a table within the hour. The table was waiting when we arrived. The hostess was very friendly and made us feel like VIPs ( because of the Opentable reservation I imagine ). The property itself was very chic and put smiles on our faces immediately. The ambiance, service, food and decor all exceeded our expectations! Take a chance, like we did, and you just may find your next favorite place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An amazing Valentines Day dinner!foodieDined on 2/14/2014Eclipse Restaurant was a great experience for my husband and I. From the ambiance, to the service, to the food, it was all very well put together. The only negative is that the restrooms aren't located in the restaurant, so you have to walk a bit far to use the facilities.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet Valentines DinnerValentineDined on 2/14/2014We visited Eclipse somewhat early on Valentine's Day. There were a number of empty tables still so it was nice and quiet. They offered their regular menu alongside a special Valentine's four-course meal with a variety of options. We stuck with the regular menu. Both of out meals were well prepared and the moon pie dessert was excellent. Our server appeared new and slightly nervous, but everything was delivered in a timely manner. Oddly, other staff members appeared to be doing laps through the restaurant, but didn't offer to refill drinks or take away plates, so I'm not sure what their point was. Toward the end of our visit, the owner came in for dinner, so I'm now wondering if the staff was nervous knowing he would be in for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Great AmbianceDerekDined on 2/14/2014We got here and were very impressed with the decor of the whole hotel that Eclipse is located in. It is very trendy and very modern. The seats were comfortable and the table large. Our waiter, on the other hand, was a little odd. He wasn't bad by any means, but he certainly struck me as peculiar. As did the hostesses. The food was good, but nothing was extravagant and the cheese plate was mostly garnish instead of cheese. The prices for the entrees were very reasonable, especially for the large size. Hopefully next time I visit, it won't be snowing and we can watch the sun set out the window.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchJJDJDined on 2/9/2014Our server, Candace I believe, was delightful, attendant and efficient. She should be provided a better corkscrew however. We started with Bloody Mary's and an order of the crabcakes. The drinks were just right, moderate amount of spice, I suspect they use Zing Zang as a mixer. No complaint there. Crab cakes were very food, lots of crab and I learned they were formed the night before. They tasted very fresh, you could tell they were not of the frozen variety. The aioli was especially tasty and I asked for that when my fries came. No ketchup here please. We then split the brisket and BLT sandwiches. The brisket was very good, tender and juicy. The fries were perfect. The BLT, while tasty, suffered from too much bread. We will go back soon.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food... okay servicecounselor88Dined on 1/18/2014My friend and I went to Eclipse on a Saturday night. There was a private party in the larger dining area. The area we sat in was smaller but not over crowded. It did not seem busy. Our waitress was not attentive and we had to ask other servers for things like bread, ketchup and drinks. That was kind of annoying. The pretzel crusted tilapia was really good. I got the asparagus and squash for sides. The squash was good but I think there was like 1/2 a cup of sugar on it. In terms of price, I thought it was reasonable. I will probably go back but I want a different waitress.Special Features: