Eclectic Bistro & Bar
1425B Piedmont Ave
Atlanta, GA 30309Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Eclectic Bistro & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eclecticbistrobar.com/
- Phone: (404) 426-7728
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm;
Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Justin Caldarella
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Eclectic Bistro & Bar
Located in the heart of Midtown Atlanta, Eclectic Bistro & Bar reinvigorates the old-fashioned bistro experience. Our menu offers traditionally inspired International dishes with a refreshingly modern twist. Reflecting true bistro roots, we offer delicious yet reasonably priced food, all encapsulated in a casual and relaxing atmosphere. If you are in the mood for a cold pint at the full service bar, a night out with your friends, or a tranquil romantic date on the patio, Eclectic is your destination.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Eclectic Bistro & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (23)fit for foodies (21)great for outdoor dining (10)special occasion (8)romantic (8)good for groups (4)great for lunch (3)vibrant bar scene (3)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- BEST DINING EXPERIENCERockyDined on 11/10/2014As a server I frequent many restaurants, but the service along with the exceptional food, will always bring me back. Steven was an excellent server makings great recommendations and the food was to die for. I will definitely be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BarbBarbDined on 11/10/2014The restaurant portion of the establishment was nothing to write home about. The service & food however were outstanding. The waiter was very friendly, knowledgeable about the food. The salmon I ordered was cooked to perfection with lots of flavor. My daughter had the spaghetti with a variety of seafood. She LOVED it. we both had a glass of wine. The dessert was ok-a cake with a whipped cream topping & raspberry sauce. The bar looked really cool!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would go backPattyDined on 10/24/2014Went because of scout mob and were happy and would go back! A little slow getting wine? The bar was almost empty so that didn't make sense but after that all was good. Split the arugula salad - fresh and just the right amount of tang - my date had the Cuban sandwich w French fries which he said was good. Was not quite warm enough, he said. I had salmon over risotto w a spicy sauce. It was delicious - my date said he'd order the salmon next time as he thought it was really tasty. Friday night around 7:30 and it was not very busy but getting busy as we left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food deserves better serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014Food was great, but service was awful. There were only 2 of us. Her appetizer delivered 10 minutes before mine. Same with entrees. Don't know if waiter did not enter tickets together or what. Table for 8 came in 30 minutes after us but were served and on their way 30 minutes before we were done. How does that happen? Hot sun streaming in thru windows with no shades or curtains to draw. Hard surfaces so incredibly noisy. Food was actually really good. The chef deserves better supporting cast.Special Features:
- Disappointingaeb80Dined on 9/12/2014We went here during Midtown's restuarant week and they were out of 2/3 entrees on the menu which happened to be the two items we were looking forward to eating. We ended up ordering off the main menu. It took over an hour to receive our food. Our waiter was very pleasant and apologetic. They did comp part of our meal and drinks. However, the food was subpar and the salmon was overcooked. It was overall a very disappointing meal and experience.
- Great food, terrible noise levelStickerqueen108VIPDined on 9/12/2014Arrived early for dinner before the theater . Food and service was very good. By the time desert arrived we could not hear each other to talk. If it had not been raining maybe dining outside would work for conversation...Special Features:
- Midtown Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014I use MRT as an opportunity to check out some restaurants I have not been to before. I was very happy with the menu, the food exceeded my expectations. The service was good. We sat in the main dining area which seemed quite loud even when there were only 3 tables occupied, due to the acoustics. I think next time I will ask to sit in the bar area where the acoustics seemed better or on the deck. I will definitely be back and have been recommending Eclectic to my friends and co-workers. BTW, the regular ala carte menu looks appetizing and well priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food!MidtownfoodieDined on 9/8/2014The food at this restaurant is amazing! We stopped during the restaurant midtown week at our friends' recommendation! We loved the whole experience. The calamari are the best in town, the salmon risotto is to die for and the crab cakes were outstanding. Our server Stuart was awesome, his recommendation for our bottle of wine was excellent. Great food, excellent service and romantic atmosphere on the back patio! This has become our favorite spot in Midtown!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs a radical updateSavtahVIPDined on 9/2/2014The blackboard in the restaurant touted a new menu coming soon. Hopefully the chef will choose to have a less-is=more attitude. It seemed as if he thinks putting more stuff into a dish can make it better. Ingredients were fresh but uninspired. There was one hard working waiter on duty. He did his best, but it wasn't very satisfactory, taking us almost 2 hours to have dinner (I had to track him down to finally get our bill). The noise level in the main room was oppressive, I was told that they are also working on the lack of anything to absorb noise, and piping in background rock and roll didn't help the ambience.
- What a special place this is.WorthATripDined on 8/28/2014This was my fourth visit to Eclectic. Each time has been a very nice experience. The space is cozy and not too loud. Dinner on the rear patio/deck was very nice with the accent lighting and views of the surrounding woods. I recommend taking the server's recommendations to heart and trying the daily special. You might miss out on a dish that won't be served again for a while. We had a daily dessert special which was something of a cross between a cannot I and a crepe stuffed with chocolate creme, fried and topped with chocolate sauce and powdered sugar and made in house. I'd go back again just for this dessert. This is my new go-to place for a special night out with visiting friends or a quiet date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing find...great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Wonderful experience...amazing food! We sat at the bar for dinner...Laura, the owner, made our drinks and kept great company. We had bistro shrimp appetizer, and blackened corvina for main. All dishes well above par! Would recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Foood was AWSOMERoadwarriorDined on 8/13/2014I had selected this place for a first time business meeting/dinner. We were skeptical at first when we pulled up but had no worries after that. We sat onteh patio and ordered appetizers and dinner. Everything was fantastic. I would highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AtldeuceVIPDined on 8/1/2014Good food. Not cheap, but we hated the hard, harsh feel of the lighting, the furniture ( no table clothes ) and interiors. It was not a place you wanted to linger. To be fair, I had the red snapper special over lemon risotto and it was terrific. I'd rather go here though than wait 11/2 for a table at some overhyped joint like Murphy's.Special Features:
- The following 34 reviews are from the Eclectic Bistro & Bar reviews archive.
- Get it together Open TableOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/27/2014Drove all the way to the restaurant to find out the place was closed and that they are never open for lunch or brunch. Regardless of that, Open Table still allowed me to reserve and sent me a comfirmation. It was very inconvenient.
- Delicious & PromptJandPDined on 7/25/2014We had the Mussels (best we've ever had), Pork Chops and Chicken Schnitzel. All three were perfect! Our server was prompt, super nice, and knowledgable. We definitely recommend this place!Special Features:
- DeliciousnessJTAEDined on 7/6/2014Food was very good! Sat on the back outdoor deck. It was nice. Service was friendly and the right level of attentiveness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but I'm now deafDinerlexDined on 6/21/2014The food was great, but the dining room was very loud and echoey. There was a party of 8 and two other tables in the room and the noise was deafening! There were only 2 waiters working on a Saturday night and the service was extremely slow. Our waiter told us that they were turning away walk-ins and only seating reservations. Our waiter was very sweet, but the mgmt should've done more to help the staff. They also need to fix the noise problem. There were NO noise buffers in the whole restaurant. If you have to turn away customers b/c of the noise, you have a big problem. The food was excellent, but I don't want a headache with my dinner.Special Features:
- Great Father's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/15/2014We had a large group for Father's Day Brunch. I am from out of town and picked this restaurant based on availability and other Open Table reviews. I was a little skeptical when we showed up at noon and were the only party there. Then we realized that alcohol could not be served until 12:30. Not being a local, I did not know that. Once 12:30 came more people did show up. It got a little noisy in there but everyone in my party, which included 4 Fathers, really enjoyed their Brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GmanVIPDined on 6/14/2014A very accommodating restaurant. I made my reservation through open table and they contacted me two days prior to make sure all was well and to ensure if there were any special needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was awesome!lterryuniVIPDined on 6/3/2014The food was awesome, we felt that they were trying to make us feel like in home. I had the Bistro Burger, which was really good, the meat was juicy and tender. I strongly recommend this place for a casual night or for food and drinks before a club night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Midtown TimTimmidtowntimVIPDined on 5/16/2014We frequent this restaurant quite often and enjoy every visit. We are planning to take a group of friends there as soon as we can get the group together. The food and service is great! And, the owner is very hands-on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eclectic Bistro and BarfoebbDined on 5/14/2014Great place to go for either a light fare or full dinner. Service was great, food fantastic good atmosphere. The Panini's are very good and the hanger steak delicious and if you like Schnitzel you will be happy Check it out, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Great food and excellent service!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/10/2014Eclectic is one of my favorite restaurants in Atlanta. I live in Midtown and eat at Eclectic at least once every two weeks. I have never had a bad meal there...love all of the entrees, and particularly the pastas. The mussels on the starters menu are wonderful and with a salad make a full meal. My daughter loves the bruschetta and requests a plain pasta dish with marinara sauce, which they are always happy to make for her. The back patio is a great option for outdoor dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014Absolutely fine dining food with amazing service. Will definitely recommend this gem to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New and goodPhiae01Dined on 5/2/2014I too miss the restaurant that used to be in this location, but the new owners are giving it a good shot. We had three courses, each was fresh, well prepared and good. The service was attentive, but not hovering. We ate on the back porch.Special Features:
- Would give it a second tryrobbleuDined on 3/8/2014I had driven by this restaurant several times and decided to try it on a night out with 5 friends. Table for 6 was ready for us on arrival. Server was very personable, but he had another much larger party to wait on as well, so service was a little slow. It was better after the other party left. The restaurant was out of several items that we inquired about. Appetizers (what they had available) were good. 2 of 5 of us who had entrees said they were "very good". The other 2 of us felt they were "OK". I would go back and try it again to make a final judgment on this one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty food, value pricedKkahVIPDined on 2/24/2014I am a regular at Eclectic Bistro. The foods is very tasty and high quality. The staff is very friendly and welcoming. The menu has a nice range of choices from excellent salads and mussels to delicious entrees and desserts. The drinks and wine are also very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very average at bestbigKVIPDined on 2/23/2014I went to this restaurant based on a friends recommendation. The service was below par, the food very average and not that creative and I could not believe it because it was not crowded at all (maybe a sign I should have left). I would NOT recommend this restaurant at all and will not go back. I am SOOOO sorry Tierra is not here anymore and this place took over. So sad....
- A flair of Europe in MidtownMidtownfoodieVIPDined on 2/22/2014Enjoyed our dinner date at Eclectic, to start off with had the bruschetta which was excellent! I had the quinoa salad which was a very heart portion. My fiance had the burger and he found it to be great, the bread was slighty cold but the meat was really tasty. We topped it off with the brownie sundae.There was another big party having a group celebration so it was a little difficult to hear in the main dining room, by the bar it seemed like the noise level was less.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Little Place-Excellent FoodlizonlineDined on 2/21/2014We arrived early right when they opened so we could make a concert at Philips Arena. Of course, we were the only patrons initially. We ordered drinks and the bruschetta to start. Then we had the salmon and the caprese salad. Both were excellent. The service was attentive and everyone was friendly. Originally, we looked for a place with outdoor seating but their patio was not set up for the winter. The deck is in the back (away from the traffic of Piedmont Road) and when the boxes are planted, shielding the parking lot view, it will be a charming place to relax. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great from start to finishKCCOMMENTSDined on 2/16/2014Caprese salad appetizer, salmon entree, and red velvet cupcake were all great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wuhwWuhDined on 2/15/2014Waitress could have been better with customer services. She never checked on us only to give us our tab (terrible)Special Features:
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014I love this place. The owners create a welcoming environment with great food and very good service. Whether we have dined at Eclectic when it was just the two of us or with a large party the food is fantastic and a wonderful time has been had by all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time! Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014I had the opportunity to dine at this fine establishment on this past Valentine's Day. The waiters and waitresses treated me and my girlfriend like a king and queen. I had a wonderful time and the food was perfect, granted that I dinned here on a special night. I am sure this place would be awesome on any day of the week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What A NightmareOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/7/2014Made an open table reservation for 8:30 when we arrived the waitstaff acted like reservations don't matter. The waiter literally said "we're full and we don't know what time you will be sat". We should have left after that comment but instead we sat and had drinks and waited for a table to open up. When we were sat our waiter was very slow and rude he focused mainly on his big party and didn't care about anyone else. We were served mussels without bread,spoon or silverware. when he dropped the appetizer off I tried to ask for the things we needed and he walked away in the middle of my sentence. He didn't come back for ten minutes so I literally had to walk up to another server to get my own silver. I have never felt so upset at a restaurantSpecial Features:
- Impromptu Dinner PlansKDubDined on 1/23/2014My girlfriend and I went to Eclectic Bistro on a random Thursday night. There were a few groups of people at the bar and in the dining area when we entered. The restaurant is lit with dim lights, so the mood was just right for us. Our waiter was very attentive and informative. Overall, we had a great experience and we plan on dining here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodDrKazVIPDined on 12/27/2013Went with a group of 6. Service was great. The food was exceptional. The crispy duck was awesome.Special Features:
- Excellent Food!MichelleCDined on 11/10/2013My friends and I have been to Eclectic Bistro several times. It has become our favorite spot in the neighborhood! The food is amazing and the service is attentive and friendly. I highly recommend the pasta carbonara and the pork chops... absolutely delicious!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neat little placeFinAdvisorMomofTwoDined on 9/8/2013The patio is so pleasant to eat on at night. The food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great valueOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/6/2013Scoutmob drove me there, but I will go there on my own next time. The food was really great and the prices very reasonable.Special Features: