ECHO St.Simons Island
101 Downing St.
Saint Simons Island, GA 31522Neighborhood:
St. Simons Island
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
ECHO St.Simons Island
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.echostsimons.com/
- Phone: (912) 268-5967x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Menu: 7am-11am
Lunch/Dinner Menu: until 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining for large parties is available. Please contact our private dining contact for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Robby Richardson (912) 268-5967x
A word from ECHO St.Simons Island
The only beachfront restaurant on St. Simons Island, ECHO St. Simons is a new and dynamic restaurant featuring Southern, coastal fare and remarkable seaside views. Our seasonal menus combine fresh, local produce and seafood to create a truly unforgettable experience. Join us for live music, patio dining and an untouched view of what coastal Georgia has to offer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
ECHO St.Simons Island - Best Restaurants in St. Simons Island ›
ECHO St.Simons Island reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (33)great for outdoor dining (24)special occasion (15)romantic (14)fit for foodies (11)kid-friendly (9)good for groups (9)vibrant bar scene (8)neighborhood gem (7)great for brunch (5)great for lunch (5)hot spot (5)late-night find (3)notable wine list (3)Show More
- ECHO on the beachhuggiebearDined on 9/13/2014Great table outdoors 20 feet from the beach. Excellent quality of food though the portions were small for the price. King And Prince Resort top notch! Great vacation dinner spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was not goodFoodlover40Dined on 9/5/2014Sat outside which has a great view. We ordered two bourbons on the rocks. They took quite a while, which was surprising because it wasn't busy and because we didn't request some sort of complicated cocktail, just pour bourbon in glass, that's it. We then had the smokey quail with peanut pot licker and the melon and crab salad. First off the quail was not smokey in anyway and the sauce was a mixture of luke warm peanut butter and cream. Melon was the worst, not sour like infused with vinegar, but sour like it was old and slimy and had been sitting on the line for 4-5 days. We both had to spit it out. My advice is to skip the micro greens and just aim for unspoiled food. Manager did his best, took care of bill. Menu well written, not executedSpecial Features:
- Great environment but work on menuTrandbrDined on 8/31/2014My husband and I had an early dinner here. We started with the fried green tomatoes which were fantastic, probably some of the best I've ever had. However, I'm not a huge seafood eater so I got the BBQ chicken flatbread for my entree. It was good besides the fact that it had oranges on it which is not listed in the description of the entree. The meal would've been superb if the oranges were switched with pineapples. Just my personal opinion! Our waitress was very attentive and super nice. The environment was amazing. I enjoyed the music and the awesome view of the ocean. Overall, I really enjoyed my relaxing evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new venueOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/30/2014This restaurant is a great addition to the St. Simons food scene. We ate outside feeling a fabulous breeze. The service was very attentive. And we found the food to be excellent.Special Features:
- A-localSSIDined on 8/30/2014Great cheese plate. All the food was good but some of the dishes missed the mark for me. Shrimp and Grits was very unusual. Fantastic presentation - shrimp was fired and flavorful but the grits just seeme to be a little flat. Same for the filet special of the evening - good but seemed to just miss the mark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- looks better than food isFoodie4funDined on 8/29/2014the renovation to the hotel/restaurant is wonderful, but the service is lacking and the food preparation is inconsistent. My steak was overcooked. The wait staff is not us to par for the prices charged
- NiceJaguars12Dined on 8/28/2014It is a nice place for a meal with a beautiful viewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took a chanceBarbDined on 8/23/2014Had never been to St Simons but made a 2 night stop there traveling back to SC. Looked on a list of dining spots and picked it for the location. Had the special, a sea bass, absolutely delicious! The view and food both outstanding had desert and coffee on the patio. Wonderful atmosphere. Would go back there in a heartbeat a bit pricey but had less expensive optionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well Executed EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014The leadership team made sure my wife's 30th birthday went smoothly. They had our seating in a good area with the right amount of chairs ready. Our server did seem surprised that we were not eating and were only there to have drinks and enjoy the music. He assumed we were on 1 check (party of 14) and then struggled to divide the checks at the end of the night. We ended up paying for each other's drinks and called it a wash. After moving to the bar area as the dining area was closing we were served well by the staff there. Good music, good place to enjoy and socialize.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fjssiVIPDined on 8/17/2014Echo is located within the King and Prince Hotel, which was newly renovated. The views of the ocean are stunning. The pot roast was tender, falling apart with a fork. The shrimp and grits were outstanding., but different than what you'd expect. The shrimp are fried. . but terrific. The donuts with vanilla and chicory coffee icing were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a great find !MGJGDined on 8/17/2014This is one of the few beach-front or beach view restaurants that has good food! it is about more than the view! There is also indoor dining if the weather isn't good . I would definitely come here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only one complaintPartyof6Dined on 8/16/2014We had a great experience and great service this past weekend. The food and drinks were awesome. Our only complaint was the menu did not describe the dishes well enough. One person ordered shrimp and grits and the shrimp was fried but that wasn't specified. Two others ordered the Cobb salad and the salmon was raw. All would have ordered other dishes if they would have known.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely night out.1970honeymoonersDined on 8/8/2014We enjoyed our dinner. The food was good and the service was good and personable. Good place for friends, family or a night out on our own. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful views & Fresh FishDragonfly60VIPDined on 8/3/2014This is a small place that is within a hotel. If you are looking for a chance to view the Atlantic Ocean while you dine, this is the place for you! After your meal, you can step outside and take a stroll on the beach. The food is OK. It is pretty basic fare. The fish was fresh as was the salads. The service was good too. Worth a try once.Special Features:
- Beautiful settingLynnybrookDined on 7/26/2014This is a place with a great view! The server was wonderful and others on the serving team were attentive as well. Our food was good, not great. The pot roast was very good.Special Features:
- Great food but no Foie Gras?foodfanaticDined on 7/26/2014The food that we had was delicious. However, the dish that they are famous for, their foie gras burger, was unavailable because they had no foie gras. We went on a Saturday afternoon which meant they were not going to be offering their signature dish all weekend? We specifically went to Echo to experience this dish and were more than disappointed when we were told we could not have this dish. Who is responsible for the food management in this establishment?Special Features:
- Best filet and pot roast EVER!bellamiDined on 7/23/2014Dined here twice while lodging at the King & Prince. Both times were fantastic. Melt in your mouth filet and pot roast. Friendly staff. Dessert to die for. Loved everything. Highly recommend!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KnowsgreatfoodKnowsgreatfoodDined on 7/22/2014Food had nice presentation and our server was familiar with menu items. I ordered the grouper tacos which were good, but the batter was a bit thick. over-cooked, and hard. I would have preferred a light batter that didn't over-power the fish. My husband ordered the pot roast with delicious root vegetables. However, it was barely warm. This is a beautiful place to eat and the staff was very accommodating.Special Features:
- Won't be backOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2014Made the mistake or trying Echo last Saturday night, despite reading earlier reviews on Open Table. We had never been and wanted to see the ocean view. Was not prepared for acoustics and noise level, wedding cocktail hour in lobby, large family table with loud children in restaurant itself. Limited menu entree choices, thought there'd be more specials. Couldn't find anything we wanted, ended up with a couple of appetizers, soup and one drink. Food was very ordinary. Drinks too. Didn't get asked about second drink till too late. Unlike other reviews, the service and food was so fast we had eaten before we knew it. And why are servers in Jeans? Seems out of place with the decor and doesn't add to any ambience.Special Features:
- Nothing specialFoodfinderVIPDined on 7/10/2014We chose ECHO just looking through Open Table choices in area. Gave it a shot, but it was a miss. Place was dead at 6:30. Service was very nice, but the food was poor. Salad starter overly dressed w/ too much dressing. Entrees came out timely. Seared tuna was tasteless, seared scallop on grits special could have been good if scallops were bit raw in the center. Mussels app eaten as a meal as good. Forget the truffle fries...the just mixed a touch of poor quality truffle oil into mayo. Skipped dessert...fine if staying at hotel and desperate. Otherwise walk out just 100 yards to BBQ shack which probably had more flavorful food.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/9/2014The view is great. It would be great for a drink. The food is not very good. My dinner was inedible. The other diners were very average/poor.Special Features:
- Ambience lovely Food not soBeachgirlDined on 7/7/2014The atmosphere is lovely looking at the ocean. The food and drinks were nt very good. Cosmopolitan was ordered served with bad cranberry juice. Ordered snapper and received swordfish that was so tough I could not eat It. The salad was good with figs, chees & tomatoes.
- Our new fave for date-night diningPropellerheadDined on 7/5/2014My mother lives on SSI so we visit occasionally, and like to have a date while we're here. We heard about ECHO and while online reviews were mixed, we decided to try our luck. I reserved a table (preferably by a window overlooking the ocean) for 2 and crossed my fingers. Upon arrival we were promptly seated at a window table. Our server was sweet and attentive, our water and coffee arrived quickly and were kept topped off. Our appetizer was delicious, and our meal even more so. Both arrived in an acceptable amount of time (we weren't in a hurry anyway so even if either had taken a little longer, we would have been OK with that). The noise level was a little higher than we would have liked, but not overwhelming. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- Good for drinksKatie3Dined on 7/1/2014Echo was a lovely setting and unique bar setting with acceptable service, but the food was not to recommendable to dine there. I will return for drinks possibly, but never to eat there again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014Property was just renovated. Service was quick and friendly. Food was very good. Great Oceanside patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New but still greatMeff44VIPDined on 6/27/2014We had eaten here many times before the remodel and new name. New menu and new look are both great. I had the shrimp and grits, which had a new flair to an old favorite.Special Features:
- Echo1Dined on 6/26/2014Steak was overcooked twice. The second steak was undercooked intentionally. The kitchen manager was trying to teach us different temperature of the steak, really? If we want to be school about cooking, we would attend a culinary school. It is such a beautiful place, too bad. Party of 8.Special Features:
- Only so-somercooleyDined on 6/25/2014We come to Sea Island/SSI every summer and love to try new restaurants so we decided to try Echo this year. We were disappointed - our service was slow, it was freezing in the room and we kinda felt like we were in a mega hotel cafeteria. the ambiance is not very inviting, it is rather cold. I wish there were more tables outside. They were out of a lot of the food and our server seemed overwhelmed by our large table of 10 people. We probably won't go back.Special Features:
- Anniversary MealBillDined on 6/24/2014My wife and I had a great meal for our anniversary at ECHO. The food was really top notch and the ocean view was spectacular.Special Features:
- WallDined on 6/15/2014Beautiful setting, good food and great service. Would highly recommend even though inside restaurant is somewhat sterile. One dish was too salty.Special Features:
- Great View, Good FoodjaniewaDined on 6/6/2014Can't beat the view of the Atlantic Ocean from this stylish venue. We enjoyed the tuna appetizer and the she crab soup. We'd go back again to try other items. We had heard that there were some service issues but our server really tried hard to make this a terrific dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best outdoor ambience on Islandluv2dineDined on 5/24/2014Best outdoor ambience on Island. Super cool interior and bar. Very relaxing compared to other restaurants on island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 26 reviews are from the ECHO St.Simons Island reviews archive.
- Viewalicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/19/2014Haven't found an ocean front restaurant with a better view of the ocean. The food was good and the staff very attentive. A great place to done in doors or out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing to write home aboutKatieDined on 5/10/2014There was a guest that had the same complaint I would have had too, small portions. The server was great. The presentation of the food was decent. They severed my swordfish on the smallest plate (an appetizer plate) which was not proper even if I ordered nothing else to go with it. Not somewhere I would be likely to return.Special Features:
- Wonderful Outdoor DiningLhgtDined on 5/7/2014This is the best location on the island for ocean view dining. They are still working out a few bugs but the wait staff was giving 100%. The menu is good but may need a little tweaking. Some of the dishes are just "trying too hard". The shrimp and grits were good but not what you expect. The seafood macaroni was also good but not enough seafood and too many peas. The flavor was all peas. The cheese plate was excellent. Definitely give this place a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GAtravelerDined on 5/5/2014What a shame that it's a wonderful setting and terrible service and only fair food. The wait to get beverages is extremely long. Salads and entrees were served together at one table. The mussels we had were bitter and the other entrée was mediocre. We noted that no one seemed very pleased. Our waitress was eager to please was rough around the edges. The busser swiped at the tables and flung crumb everywhere. It seems to be a training issue and hopefully they can fix the service part and find a better chef.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/3/2014Beautiful view, but service is very slow, food is average.Special Features:
- AveragessiresidentVIPDined on 5/2/2014Average experience. Nice surroundings, but food was just average and expensive. Did not clear plates/glasses etc prior to bringing next course. Several items on the menu were not available.
- Outdoor diningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/27/2014Be sure to sit outside , the ocean view is a must at this restaurant, it is spectacular. The food is far from spectacular. I would suggest having a drink on the patio, soaking up the view and then finding another spot for dinner.Special Features:
- Lovely Lunch...LunchLadyDined on 4/27/2014Great renovation of older St. Simon's charm! Beautiful new atmosphere and lovely ocean view! Tables indoors all look out on beach and outdoor dining is close and well-tended. We loved the menu for lunch since it had many interesting items. Sweet tea especially good--traditionally Southern. Good sandwiches and flatbread pizzas and delicious desserts. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.