2937 Bristol Street Suite A 103
Costa Mesa, CA 92626Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.eccopizza.com/
- Phone: (714) 444-3226
- Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday 11:00 a.m. -- 2:30 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday 11:00 a.m. -- 2:30 p.m.
Sunday – Thursday 5:00 p.m. -- 10:00 p.m.
Friday and Saturday 5:00 p.m. -- 11:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday 11:00 a .m. -- 2:30 p.m.
Monday – Friday 3:00 p.m. -- 7:00 p.m.
Friday and Saturday 10:00 p.m. -- 2:00 a.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Kris Kirk
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Ecco
Ecco Pizzeria and Bar serves fresh, soulful Italian cuisine with a passion for true Neapolitan pizza served in a relaxed and fun atmosphere. Enjoy hand crafted Italian beers, great wine and our signature cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ecco reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (21)fit for foodies (19)good for groups (10)great for lunch (10)great for outdoor dining (9)vibrant bar scene (9)hot spot (6)great for brunch (6)special occasion (5)notable wine list (4)romantic (3)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Sunday BrunchJAYPVIPDined on 11/16/2014Great Brunch. The pancakes are a must. Steak and eggs fantastic. Patrick has waited on us the last 2 times we have gone to ECCO's for Sunday Brunch and he is a gem. The next time we spend a weekend in Costa Mesa, we will return for Sunday Brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/12/2014Food was excellent and the ingredients were 1st class. Not cheap but worth the money. Nicely decorated but didn't like the 2 TV screens over the bar took away from the overall feel of the place. Quite noisy when full and not very kid friendly. I would definitely recommend it and will be going again (minus the grandkids).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant Surprise!CTFoodieDined on 11/11/2014I was visiting my daughter and unfamiliar with the area...found Ecco on Open Table and am glad we went! I expected just a glorified pizza joint, but it was really very nice. I ordered a caesar salad to start and a pasta dish and both were as good as you would get a fine Italian restaurant! Fresh ingredients and great flavor!Special Features:
- toooo noisyfoodloverVIPDined on 11/8/2014we made reservations for 8:30 pm on Saturday. We love their food and we always look for a vibrant bar scene and the hot spots. But the place is SOOOOO loud that we couldn't even hear each other talk. We left and went somewhere else. if you don't mind the noise then you will love this place. But if you want to have a chat at dinner this is not a place to goSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JosephVIPDined on 11/7/2014We visit Ecco at least once a month and everything is usually great...however our visit last night was disappointing in that the service was really poor. The one server on the patio seemed overwhelmed, didn't multi-task very well and didn't pay attention to her people. She also didn't seem to have much support. Water glasses didn't get refilled and drinks were very slow coming out of the bar. We will probably be back, and hope service will be back to normal. ThanksSpecial Features:
- Lip reading at dinner a plusfoodie4everDined on 9/12/2014I always order the grilled artichokes as a starter. Messy, crunchy, succulent and fabulous flavor. My favorite pizza features pears and gorgonzola cheese. Go there for lunch if you want to be able to have a conversation with the other people in your party. Ask for outside seating at dinner unless you really don't want to chat with your friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy bar, good food.Liz59VIPDined on 8/29/2014The restaurant is located in the very back of "The Camp", an eclectic collection of restaurants arranged in a "camp-like" design on Bristol St. There is a very large bar area that takes up one half of the interior space on the left. The dining area is on the right. There is also patio seating in the rear. I have been here a few times. The food is always good: the herb focaccia bread, the artichokes, the pizzas, the meatballs. The oysters and the roast chicken with cannellini beans are outstanding. The Bohemian steak served with a huge serving of broccolini is more like a pot roast. I have not tried the pastas but my son really enjoyed his chicken rigatoni. At times the service has been outstanding; other times, a bit slow. Overall, good.Special Features:
- WJMRVIPDined on 8/6/2014I thought the food was good, not great, but quite good.
- Pizza and moresteymoDined on 8/2/2014This place is laid back and has good food. The eggs benedict was good the french toast was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 318 reviews are from the Ecco reviews archive.
- Secretly a great date spotRammerDined on 7/11/2014Menu is extensive and delivered on quality too. A great place to really have a conversation and get to know someone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a get-togetherdht8386Dined on 6/14/2014Love the variety of food options, as well as, the cocktail lists. Servers are nice and attentive. Great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place, but too LoudyumyumVIPDined on 5/31/2014Everything was great, but it's just way too loud, had trouble having any conversations.Special Features:
- Gluten free optionsKimDVIPDined on 5/11/2014We went for Mothers Day and if you have gluten issues but are wanting Italian it's a good choice. Nice outdoor patio and service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PizzaEarlDined on 5/11/2014I had the arugula pizza and it was too much. It covered the entire pizza and overwhelmed the prosciutto and onions. I had to remove 80% of the arugula so that I can tastes the other ingredients. Otherwise I got to taste some of the other foods from my family and enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good eats!njgalinwtVIPDined on 5/9/2014Went here while I was out in SoCal. Great pizza, good selection of appetizers. Service was friendly and efficient. Great place to go for some good good with generous portions.Special Features:
- Excellent!PizzaLover44Dined on 5/9/2014We found this place by searching out somewhere that had brick oven pizza. Boy, am I glad we found it! EXCELLENT food!! We started with their homemade meatballs and then had the margherita pizza! One word: YUM! We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itGaryVIPDined on 5/2/2014My wife and I tried Ecco before going to the Performing Arts Center. The parking is tough at "The Camp" but Valet parking is only $3. Although billed as a "pizzeria", Ecco offers a diverse menu and we found all of the items we ordered were outstanding. We didn't try the pizza. The salad I ordered featured glazed walnuts, pomagranets, and gorgonzola cheese. It is a generous serving and they do not spare on these items. I had a risotto and scallop entrée that was perfect. The bar offers a range of craft beers and a large list of wine that can be purchased by the glass. Our waiter was busy, but was very attentive and the whole staff seems to work in concert to ensure that the tables are properly serviced. Overall, I loved it.Special Features:
- Ecco in Italian means "Here it is".GiovanniDined on 4/25/2014There's more to a good restaurant than just the food. We live in a part of the country that offers lots of dining choices. It's the whole picture which makes the experience worth while and worth coming back to again and again. Sure the taste of the food is ultimately most important, but so is the friendliness of the waiter, the liveliness of the dining room and bar and that undefinable attitude from the entire staff which subtly says to the guest "We're glad you're here." And that's why I keep coming back. Yes Ecco means "Here it is" in Italian and it really is!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian restaurantJohndog1VIPDined on 4/19/2014Food is very good and reasonable. Ambiance is great and staff is extremely friendly and professional. I would highly recommend to anybody!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We started we various typesLove2enjoygoodfoodDined on 3/28/2014We started we various types of bruschetta were absolutely divine! The arugula salad was large enough to split. I had the mushroom truffle pizza with fontina cheese and it was absolutely delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food and AtmospheremrbobbradleyDined on 3/21/2014One of my favorite places in OC and excited that they are on Open Table!Special Features:
- Loved itOpentableuserVIPDined on 3/14/2014It was loud but no other complaints. Food and service was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent great diningConiVIPDined on 3/9/2014We come here every couple of weeks and the great food and service never varies. Patrick often is our server and he is one of the reasons we keep coming back!Special Features:
- Awesome food great service!TeraDined on 2/23/2014Ecco is simply delicious! From its appetizers to its pizza's, or other specialties, every detail is handles with care. Service is impecable and they make an effort to ensure that if you are in a rush, you get your meal rushed; if you are in for a dinner where time is not a matter, they let you be! I enjoy this restaurant alone at the bar, as a couple and also they are welcoming even with kids (although, I've never seeing more kids than my own). A great place to have a delicious no frills meal, in a great ambiance and awesome wine and beer list! You can't go wrong when choosing Ecco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Excellent - Service Not SoJosephVIPDined on 2/15/2014We have been to Ecco several times and enjoy the patio. The food has always been excellent, but the last two times we were in, the service was poor at best. Both times, after waiting long intervals after being seated, ordering drinks, and finally ordering dinner, we were extremely rushed when the main course was served within 3-4 minutes of salads. This last time I sent my main course back because I was so upset with the lame timing. The same expediter served both the salads and the main courses, so he knew the timing and our server was nowhere around. We love the food and the restaurant, but if the service does not improve, we will be forced to go elsewhere in the future. Thanks for listening.Special Features:
- VDayWorlddinerDined on 2/14/2014The popcorn was super stale, but beside that the food was superb and my waitress (Tamera? I'm pretty sure) she was fantastic. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun restaurantPismorickDined on 2/14/2014Took my Valentine there for dinner and wine and we had a super time! The people were so nice and the service was great (Patrick) can't wait to go back....really fun experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall a nice place to eat.SilnmeDined on 2/14/2014Went here for Valentine's Day dinner with my wife but this was not our first time here. The food was good, not great, but solid. I'm a bit of a pizza freak, having cooked for Wolfgang Puck in real wood fired ovens and trying it all up and down the West Coast. Ecco's pizza is just, well.....eh. The ambience here is one of my favorites and it's not intimidating for a casual sit down meal. The service was just our speed. Our server was very attentive but not breathing down our necks the whole time. This may be the reason for some of the negative reviews about this. If what you want is to come in, sit down, shove a bunch of food in your pie hole and then run out (all while staring at your smartphone) this might be a place you want to pass up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food...horrible noise levelPCinYLDined on 2/8/2014This is not the place to go for a romantic date, although you would have to get very close to heat each other. Outside is nicer and plenty warm with space heaters.Special Features:
- Great Place to EatsuzieDined on 2/2/2014Pizza is great, portions are perfect size, everything we had there was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trendy eclectic spotLovefest13VIPDined on 1/18/2014Love the lavender martini Noise level was high..hard to hear person acrossSpecial Features:
- Great FoodJohnVIPDined on 1/15/2014food and service was great. Very attentive. Good size portions at a reasonable price. Cheese plate was very tasty and went well with the wine. Just a little loud but no big deal...everyone was enjoying themselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was very tasty.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/11/2014Everything was very tasty. The only thing that didn't make it perfect was the pork chops. It was so dry and over cooked or just bad quality of meat.I would recommend this to a friend.
- EccoLola949Dined on 1/3/2014Amazing food, amazing service! Highly recommend Ecco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mozza, eat your heart out!DavidDined on 12/8/2013This place is fantastic; so glad we have Ecco in Costa Mesa! Everything we had was delicious, including the starter (housemade meatballs, and Eggplant caviar wood fired flatbread), salad (Arugula with artichoke hearts), wood-fired pizza (red pears, fresh mozzarella, caramelized onions, mascarpone, gorgonzola), specialty cocktails, and desert (butterscotch budino). Service was very attentive, and the atmosphere on a Sunday night was downright cozy. This place would compete head-to-head with any of the best San Francisco restaurants in it's class/price range, let alone SoCal. And it's easily our top choice for local wood-fired pizza...versus Mozza, Pizzeria Ortica, Pitfire, and Il Dolce. You must go!! :)Special Features:
- Top PizzaSAYWENNVIPDined on 11/17/2013I love the pizza here along with all of their other choices. But, the Sausage Pizza with crushed san marzano tomatoes, fresh mozzarella is so good. Their bolognese is excellent, too. I went with someone that is a total foodie and they ordered the bone marrow and said it was some of the best they have ever had. Try it…I love how it is tucked away but has such an open feeling when you arrive. It's really hip with great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ecco provides a good diningjmf2VIPDined on 11/9/2013Ecco provides a good dining experience. Friendly serving staff and generally good food, wines and presentation. Unfortunately, the menu doesn't change and after 2-3 times, it becomes ordinary. The Pizza's are excellent, the appetizers interesting, but the entrée choices are limited. one chicken, one beef, one steak, one salmon...the same presentations over and over again. Similarly the Pasta's are interesting the first go-round, but on subsequent visits, you might want something different. And what's with all these dishes containing artichokes? Enough!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great night the foodtjwheelsDined on 11/2/2013We had a great night the food was delicious. We ordered the grilled arthichoke to start it was amazing .. very flavorful and tender . The special for the night was cioppino my husband ordered that ... it was full of seafood ! I had the arugula salad and a pizza again ecco did not disappoint on flavor or quality . The hostess was very sweet when we arrived as well.Special Features:
- Good FindLoveItalianFoodVIPDined on 10/23/2013The menu selections were very good as was the food. A little too noisy if you want to have a conversation with your dining partner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasteless foodFromSpainVIPDined on 10/20/2013The food wasn't very good, unfortunately. My veggie pizza was absolutely plain, the vegetables were raw, and had zero spicies. My friends pasta was again tasteless. And the bolognese sauce had very weird ingredients.