107 Porter Street
East Boston, MA 02128Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eccoboston.com/
- Phone: 6175611112
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00am, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm -10:30am; Late Night Menu: 10:30pm-1:00am.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Book our restaurant for your private events. Dinner groups from 40 to 100 all welcome for any occasion.
- Private Party Contact: David Fitzgerald/ David Modica/ Jon Larkin 617-561-1112
- Special Events: Valentine's Day Pre-fix Four Course Menu $60 per person Please visit the events page at www.eccoboston.com for full menu.
A word from Ecco Boston
East Boston's newest hot spot to "Gather, Dine and Relax." With an impressive list of Wines, Special Martini’s, and Cocktails created exclusively to excite the palate. Ecco’s tempting array of Desserts, Cappuccino and Espresso can be harmonized with a selection from our extensive list of Cordial’s, Dessert or Port Wines. An added attraction to Ecco is plenty of on-site parking, making your experience with us enjoyable from beginning to end.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ecco Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (33)fit for foodies (18)vibrant bar scene (14)romantic (14)special occasion (13)late-night find (13)hot spot (10)good for groups (8)notable wine list (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- PhilPhilDined on 10/18/2014Great restaurant in east Boston. Everything we had was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findNettaVIPDined on 10/4/2014We've dined at Ecco Boston several times and love to introduce friends to this neighborhood gem. Before we even enter the building, friends are surprised at how easy it is to get to Ecco (take a right out of the tunnel) and that there's ample FREE parking in the lot behind the restaurant. Best of all, the restaurant is lovely and the food is wonderful. We enjoyed fried calamari, caprese salad and mushroom spinach ravioli for appetizers. Entrees were great - the bolognese is always good, the grigliata delicious, and the baked haddock special very special. We'll continue to introduce friends to Ecco because we can count on happily satisfying everyone in our party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IrongoatVIPDined on 9/29/2014terrific experience with wonderful selection of entrees, appetizers and an interesting wine list at all price levels. Overall great value for the money and free parking as well in their parking lot behind the restaurant. Our new favorite restaurant in East Boston which we will be going back to. Definitely try the mussels & the pork belly appetizers and the mixed grill entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved the big rib eyeComanchepilotVIPDined on 9/28/2014we split it - and still came away full - no split charge - very much a neighborhood find for eastie which is pubs and fast food . . . . try it - 4 blocks from the Embassy Suites, 6 from the Hyatt - or Uber - a few $$$ - if staying in Boston, blue line to airport or Maverick - same walk either waySpecial Features:
- Great service, food always tasty!ksgshmoopsVIPDined on 9/27/2014We are regular diners here, and we are never disappointed. Great service, so friendly and super accommodating. Love their burgers and fries, their drinks are awesome and always strong and flavorful. Always look forward to coming here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- everything was deliciousambailey0405Dined on 9/27/2014Everything we had, from our drinks, to the bread, through our entire meal, was delicious. Our server was very helpful in choosing drinks and main courses, and suggesting an excellent appetizer. The pace was just right, too. The food came out with time to enjoy it, not rushing to finish one plate while another is being placed in front of you; but not so slow that you were wondering if they had lost your order. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, bad serviceFoodieDined on 9/26/2014Disorganized. Both times I went I had two different servers come and ask us what we would like to order. I said that we had been helped, and then they looked at me like I didn't know what I was talking about and got annoyed (2 different people on 2 different occasions- one male and one female). I sensed some tension between the 2 servers on both occasions, which seemed very unprofessional. The female server had a bad attitude overall & the male was nice at first, but then seemed to get flustered and forgetful (it was not busy). He forgot to give us the dessert we ordered, but we didn't notice until we got home and opened the bag. The food was really good and if you go, the mussels are a must try... but don't expect the best service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LeonardVIPDined on 9/15/2014Just a great little spot with imaginative dishes. Nice Hispanic upbeat to standard Italian fare. Great service at the Bar and Dining Room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemLupine2VIPDined on 9/12/2014We've eaten here many times and are never disappointed. Unassuming urban oasis with large parking lot out back. Fabulous drinks: try the Mango De Lo Tango or La Diva. Grey Goose martinis come with 3 (count 'em, three!) blue cheese stuffed olives. Our group had the grilled swordfish, pappardelle, four scallop special, and braised short ribs. All were excellent and satisfying. I had the short ribs, which were covered with asparagus on a bed of dirty mashed potatoes and a wonderfully rich, full-flavored braising sauce. Generous portions and attentive service by Alexandro, our very knowledgeable server. Home-made mango cheesecake for dessert was a highlight. We'll be back. I'm already missing those short ribs (and maybe the martini?)...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great location, equally good foodBeachwalkerVIPDined on 9/11/2014If you live on the north or south shores and want the perfect place to meet someone from the opposite shore for dinner, Ecco in East Boston is the perfect place. It also helps that there is parking in Ecco's own yard in back of the building. Food is always quite good, which makes it all the more reason to meet here.Special Features:
- Wow, just a great place!happydinerDined on 9/11/2014Our biggest problem was deciding what to order. Amazing appetizers, tasty entrees, wonderful drinks. The service was perfect. Overall a great place, we will find any reason to return. A great place if you need to go to Logan.Special Features:
- fun night, great drinks!ksgshmoopsVIPDined on 8/31/2014Love this place, the only of its kind in east boston! Drink menu is great and always made well. Service is friendly (Jimmy is the best!) And the food is always on point. This time we got the corn which was delicious, and burgers which were cooked perfectly and flavorful. Not a single thing on the menu I wouldn't recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceeatprayloveDined on 8/30/2014My boyfriend and I celebrated his 25th anniversary at Ecco. Service was great, food was fantastic. Will definitely be returning to Ecco soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SusieQDined on 8/23/2014Recommended by hotel. Very enjoyable experience. Food was excellent and service was exceptional.Special Features:
- a late evening best betbriogirlDined on 8/23/2014It's good to have a neighborhood go-to spot for reliably excellent foodSpecial Features:
- Meh…. convenient to airportDaceyDVIPDined on 8/12/2014I wanted a reasonably nice dinner near the airport, and that's what I got. Highly recommended by the waitress caprese salad had (as I had feared but been reassured was not the case) tomatoes from very far away with over-refrigerated mozz. Equally highly recommended mixed grill entree was fine but dull.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServicekickVIPDined on 8/12/2014We have gone to Ecco several times after using a Groupon to try. It is always very good service and the food is great. We tend to sit at the bar for the atmosphere. The staff really care about their patrons. The dining selection is fit for anyone! I made a poor choice with the watermelon steak as it was very sweet - but that's okay, next time I will know better. Everything else we ordered was just perfect.Special Features:
- Good food, great drinks!ksgshmoopsVIPDined on 8/3/2014Always enjoy dinner here, love the taco trio and their short ribs! My favorite thing from here is their drinks. The left bank is awesome, also the million bucks margarita. Wish they had more specials, they seem to never change, but besides that, a very happy customer! Always friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unique but not fantasticTimNCSUDined on 8/1/2014Tried while visiting Boston because the online menu looked good and having a parking lot was a huge plus. Setting was nice but not upscale. Craft beer selection was good. I had the oysters, they were good, but the plate was bigger than the table, not well thought out. My wife had the watermelon steak, very unique but more of a novelty than something we'd order again. The starters were the highlights of the meals. I had the duck confit risotto, taste was ok, but I had 3 chunks of bone before I decided I had enough. My wife had the chicken parm, not bad but nothing special. Service was ok, but not memorable. I would probably look elsewhere next time I'm in the area.Special Features:
- Good foodYummyinmytummyDined on 7/26/2014Great place to meet friends in a quiet neighborhood in East BostonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EccoFoodDined on 7/18/2014Great night at Ecco food, service, setting all excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful place and great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014The restaurant is very chic and the server was very welcoming and knew the menu. The food was absolutely great and I would definitely go back again. The Martinis are really great too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 443 reviews are from the Ecco Boston reviews archive.
- Fantastic date nightrossDined on 6/15/2014Ecco was extremely accommodating to my husband and me. When I made a reservation, I let them know we had a babysitter for the night and we don't get out much. They gave us a romantic table in the back. The ambiance was cozy, and food was excellent. Our waiter made one terrific suggestion after the next without smothering us. It's important to us to order food out that we can't (or won't) make better at home. Parking was also easy, and free. I would definitely recommend this restaurant, and we'll be back. Thanks Ecco!Special Features:
- Great foodJDoubVIPDined on 6/11/2014took my 12 year old son and we both enjoyed great service and great food. He had lobster mac & cheese, I had scallops. Service was very friendly and attentive. Would go again for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedWinthrop6VIPDined on 5/27/2014The menu looked promising, with very creative dishes. Unfortunately the execution was not good. This is a beautiful restaurant & our server was excellent but the disappointing food will not entice me to return :(
- good place in East BostonfoodiemikeDined on 5/16/2014Excellent food and service in an out of the way neighborhood. Our waitress was super. Loved the cocktails. Moderately priced for upscale dining.Special Features:
- sundaygeorgeDined on 5/11/2014Everything was good except they didnt have the ac onSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot!foodie77Dined on 5/10/2014Had a great experience here. Fantastic service (Jimmy), awesome drink list, great wine and the watermelon "steak" was delicious! Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Good; could be betterOne2manyVIPDined on 5/6/2014First time here. Attractive interior with excellent parking, a rarity in Eastie. Surprised that fish of the day was tilapia not a regional choice. Waitress Sarah was pleasant, but not very experienced. And certainly not the role model typically found in the north end. The salads were excellent and large enough to share. Salmon dish was also enjoyed fully. My rigatoni had a great sauce, but the pasta was not hot. I'm guessing was cooked earlier. Inexcusable when restaurant not busy. I'd suggest that they serve the pastas in two portion sizes; both were larger than neded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LeonardVIPDined on 5/1/2014Outstanding service from the hostess to the wait staff and a substantially improved food menu. A wine list that makes no sense. Too many overpriced , no name wines, and high priced table wines. Nevertheless a very pleasant restaurant with very good food. Lamb chop appetizer is outstanding and could be a meal. The flat bread pizza is excellent. Two small plates would satisfy a hungry man.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not a slam dunkNHtravelerDined on 4/26/2014I would go there again, but not with high expectations.Two out of the three meals were excellent, but the fish in the third tasted spoiled. The service was erratic. The ambiance was very nice, with candles and flowers and great lighting. we would have had an easier time finding the place and parking if we had read the website more thoroughly. East Boston can be a really confusing maze.Special Features:
- Best in BostonResoluteVIPDined on 4/23/2014There is light at the end of the Callaghan Tunnel, & there is Boston's best restaurant. Early last year on my commute from Cambridge to Swampscott, my wife & I decided to give Ecco a try, & now it's become a regular stopping off point on our way home. Even when the tunnel was closed for 3 months, we found a way to return. Great food, drink, service, ambiance. On my list, Mooo, Harvest, Meritage, & Taj are edged out (narrowly) by this great establishment in East Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely quiet dinnergdavidsesqDined on 4/20/2014My wife and I were looking for a place we hadn't been before...mostly because it seems everywhere we go these days is so noisy you can hardly hear your own conversation. Ecco was a great surprise. It was quiet, lovely decor, the service was impeccable, the food yummy and not too expensive (not cheap either). All in all, a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun night!ksgshmoopsVIPDined on 4/19/2014Went for a late night bite, was very busy because of a big 30th birthday party at the bar, but service was great, the food was perfect and we had a great time! Always fun to eat here, and was excited to see the new drinks added to the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Introduce your friends to Ecco!NettaVIPDined on 4/18/2014We love to introduce friends to Ecco. Although it's located in a place that's easy to find, you don't expect to find the delicious food, great service and easy parking in this off-the-beaten-path location. Friends are always pleasantly surprised and vow to return. The menu selection is varied, with something for everyone. Our group ordered truffle fries and calamari for appetizers and were very pleased. Entree orders included rigatoni bolognese (always delicious), salmon, gnocchi and the talapia special which was outstanding. Our waiter Jorge was a gem, too. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Roving RobRovingRobVIPDined on 4/16/2014Ecco is great! The food quality and presentation are as good or better than most Back Bay restaurants who would charge at least $10 more per entree. The menu is varied and don't forget the terrific cocktails. I had a Southern Manhattan that had a splash of black walnut bitters that gave the drink a slight nutty flavor. It is easy to find just out of the Callahan Tunnel and offers a large, free parking lot behind the restaurant. This restaurant is being overlooked by the crowds and shouldn't be as it is very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- favorite place in the neighborhoodksgshmoopsVIPDined on 4/12/2014Come here frequently, at least once a week. Prices are a bit high for what it is and can be inconsistent. The service can be a bit slow even when they are not busy, but I enjoy the ambiance, the drinks are tasty, and I just like coming here. It's the only place of its kind in this area and I can appreciate what they are going for, just need some tweaking here and there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect location, perfect foodBeachwalkerVIPDined on 4/12/2014Since we live on the North Shore, we always meet friends from the South Shore at Ecco's. Perfect location for all of us. But the best part is the food which is always perfect.Special Features:
- Enjoyable DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/12/2014Last weekend, we tried Ecco and I would go back again...most of our menu choices were good, not great. I had the crab cakes as an appetizers and it was more like crab salad...wet and soft not what I would call crab cakes. We ordered the filet &shrimp special and it was excellent. Also, the salads were hearty and tasty! I would go back again before recommending to our foody friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ecco Boston reviewfoodisgoodDined on 4/12/2014Great place! The wine, cocktail and beer list is phenomenal. Food is delicious - had the Chicken Parm and the noodles tasted like they were home made. The service is fast, friendly and knowledgeable. The neighborhood might look a bit sketchy, but this restaurant is really nice. Great for dates, family, girls nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.