107 Porter Street
East Boston, MA 02128Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eccoboston.com/
- Phone: 6175611112
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00am, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm -10:30am; Late Night Menu: 10:30pm-1:00am.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Book our restaurant for your private events. Dinner groups from 40 to 100 all welcome for any occasion.
- Private Party Contact: David Fitzgerald/ David Modica/ Jon Larkin 617-561-1112
- Special Events: Valentine's Day Pre-fix Four Course Menu $60 per person Please visit the events page at www.eccoboston.com for full menu.
A word from Ecco Boston
East Boston's newest hot spot to "Gather, Dine and Relax." With an impressive list of Wines, Special Martini’s, and Cocktails created exclusively to excite the palate. Ecco’s tempting array of Desserts, Cappuccino and Espresso can be harmonized with a selection from our extensive list of Cordial’s, Dessert or Port Wines. An added attraction to Ecco is plenty of on-site parking, making your experience with us enjoyable from beginning to end.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ecco Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (32)vibrant bar scene (14)special occasion (12)great for brunch (9)fit for foodies (9)romantic (9)late-night find (9)good for groups (8)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (3)notable wine list (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- a late evening best betbriogirlDined on 8/23/2014It's good to have a neighborhood go-to spot for reliably excellent foodSpecial Features:
- Meh…. convenient to airportDaceyDVIPDined on 8/12/2014I wanted a reasonably nice dinner near the airport, and that's what I got. Highly recommended by the waitress caprese salad had (as I had feared but been reassured was not the case) tomatoes from very far away with over-refrigerated mozz. Equally highly recommended mixed grill entree was fine but dull.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServicekickVIPDined on 8/12/2014We have gone to Ecco several times after using a Groupon to try. It is always very good service and the food is great. We tend to sit at the bar for the atmosphere. The staff really care about their patrons. The dining selection is fit for anyone! I made a poor choice with the watermelon steak as it was very sweet - but that's okay, next time I will know better. Everything else we ordered was just perfect.Special Features:
- Good food, great drinks!ksgshmoopsVIPDined on 8/3/2014Always enjoy dinner here, love the taco trio and their short ribs! My favorite thing from here is their drinks. The left bank is awesome, also the million bucks margarita. Wish they had more specials, they seem to never change, but besides that, a very happy customer! Always friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unique but not fantasticTimNCSUDined on 8/1/2014Tried while visiting Boston because the online menu looked good and having a parking lot was a huge plus. Setting was nice but not upscale. Craft beer selection was good. I had the oysters, they were good, but the plate was bigger than the table, not well thought out. My wife had the watermelon steak, very unique but more of a novelty than something we'd order again. The starters were the highlights of the meals. I had the duck confit risotto, taste was ok, but I had 3 chunks of bone before I decided I had enough. My wife had the chicken parm, not bad but nothing special. Service was ok, but not memorable. I would probably look elsewhere next time I'm in the area.Special Features:
- Good foodYummyinmytummyDined on 7/26/2014Great place to meet friends in a quiet neighborhood in East BostonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EccoFoodDined on 7/18/2014Great night at Ecco food, service, setting all excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful place and great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014The restaurant is very chic and the server was very welcoming and knew the menu. The food was absolutely great and I would definitely go back again. The Martinis are really great too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic date nightrossDined on 6/15/2014Ecco was extremely accommodating to my husband and me. When I made a reservation, I let them know we had a babysitter for the night and we don't get out much. They gave us a romantic table in the back. The ambiance was cozy, and food was excellent. Our waiter made one terrific suggestion after the next without smothering us. It's important to us to order food out that we can't (or won't) make better at home. Parking was also easy, and free. I would definitely recommend this restaurant, and we'll be back. Thanks Ecco!Special Features:
- Great foodJDoubVIPDined on 6/11/2014took my 12 year old son and we both enjoyed great service and great food. He had lobster mac & cheese, I had scallops. Service was very friendly and attentive. Would go again for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedWinthrop6VIPDined on 5/27/2014The menu looked promising, with very creative dishes. Unfortunately the execution was not good. This is a beautiful restaurant & our server was excellent but the disappointing food will not entice me to return :(
- good place in East BostonfoodiemikeDined on 5/16/2014Excellent food and service in an out of the way neighborhood. Our waitress was super. Loved the cocktails. Moderately priced for upscale dining.Special Features:
- sundaygeorgeDined on 5/11/2014Everything was good except they didnt have the ac onSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot!foodie77Dined on 5/10/2014Had a great experience here. Fantastic service (Jimmy), awesome drink list, great wine and the watermelon "steak" was delicious! Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Good; could be betterOne2manyVIPDined on 5/6/2014First time here. Attractive interior with excellent parking, a rarity in Eastie. Surprised that fish of the day was tilapia not a regional choice. Waitress Sarah was pleasant, but not very experienced. And certainly not the role model typically found in the north end. The salads were excellent and large enough to share. Salmon dish was also enjoyed fully. My rigatoni had a great sauce, but the pasta was not hot. I'm guessing was cooked earlier. Inexcusable when restaurant not busy. I'd suggest that they serve the pastas in two portion sizes; both were larger than neded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LeonardVIPDined on 5/1/2014Outstanding service from the hostess to the wait staff and a substantially improved food menu. A wine list that makes no sense. Too many overpriced , no name wines, and high priced table wines. Nevertheless a very pleasant restaurant with very good food. Lamb chop appetizer is outstanding and could be a meal. The flat bread pizza is excellent. Two small plates would satisfy a hungry man.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 435 reviews are from the Ecco Boston reviews archive.
- Good but not a slam dunkNHtravelerDined on 4/26/2014I would go there again, but not with high expectations.Two out of the three meals were excellent, but the fish in the third tasted spoiled. The service was erratic. The ambiance was very nice, with candles and flowers and great lighting. we would have had an easier time finding the place and parking if we had read the website more thoroughly. East Boston can be a really confusing maze.Special Features:
- Best in BostonResoluteVIPDined on 4/23/2014There is light at the end of the Callaghan Tunnel, & there is Boston's best restaurant. Early last year on my commute from Cambridge to Swampscott, my wife & I decided to give Ecco a try, & now it's become a regular stopping off point on our way home. Even when the tunnel was closed for 3 months, we found a way to return. Great food, drink, service, ambiance. On my list, Mooo, Harvest, Meritage, & Taj are edged out (narrowly) by this great establishment in East Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely quiet dinnergdavidsesqDined on 4/20/2014My wife and I were looking for a place we hadn't been before...mostly because it seems everywhere we go these days is so noisy you can hardly hear your own conversation. Ecco was a great surprise. It was quiet, lovely decor, the service was impeccable, the food yummy and not too expensive (not cheap either). All in all, a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun night!ksgshmoopsVIPDined on 4/19/2014Went for a late night bite, was very busy because of a big 30th birthday party at the bar, but service was great, the food was perfect and we had a great time! Always fun to eat here, and was excited to see the new drinks added to the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Introduce your friends to Ecco!NettaDined on 4/18/2014We love to introduce friends to Ecco. Although it's located in a place that's easy to find, you don't expect to find the delicious food, great service and easy parking in this off-the-beaten-path location. Friends are always pleasantly surprised and vow to return. The menu selection is varied, with something for everyone. Our group ordered truffle fries and calamari for appetizers and were very pleased. Entree orders included rigatoni bolognese (always delicious), salmon, gnocchi and the talapia special which was outstanding. Our waiter Jorge was a gem, too. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Roving RobRovingRobVIPDined on 4/16/2014Ecco is great! The food quality and presentation are as good or better than most Back Bay restaurants who would charge at least $10 more per entree. The menu is varied and don't forget the terrific cocktails. I had a Southern Manhattan that had a splash of black walnut bitters that gave the drink a slight nutty flavor. It is easy to find just out of the Callahan Tunnel and offers a large, free parking lot behind the restaurant. This restaurant is being overlooked by the crowds and shouldn't be as it is very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- favorite place in the neighborhoodksgshmoopsVIPDined on 4/12/2014Come here frequently, at least once a week. Prices are a bit high for what it is and can be inconsistent. The service can be a bit slow even when they are not busy, but I enjoy the ambiance, the drinks are tasty, and I just like coming here. It's the only place of its kind in this area and I can appreciate what they are going for, just need some tweaking here and there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect location, perfect foodBeachwalkerVIPDined on 4/12/2014Since we live on the North Shore, we always meet friends from the South Shore at Ecco's. Perfect location for all of us. But the best part is the food which is always perfect.Special Features:
- Enjoyable DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/12/2014Last weekend, we tried Ecco and I would go back again...most of our menu choices were good, not great. I had the crab cakes as an appetizers and it was more like crab salad...wet and soft not what I would call crab cakes. We ordered the filet &shrimp special and it was excellent. Also, the salads were hearty and tasty! I would go back again before recommending to our foody friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ecco Boston reviewfoodisgoodDined on 4/12/2014Great place! The wine, cocktail and beer list is phenomenal. Food is delicious - had the Chicken Parm and the noodles tasted like they were home made. The service is fast, friendly and knowledgeable. The neighborhood might look a bit sketchy, but this restaurant is really nice. Great for dates, family, girls nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Destination DiningonesizeDined on 4/11/2014A funny place to go but worth the trip. I'm sure supper is good but we like to eat our way through the starters and small plates with lovely drinks and wonderful music.Special Features:
- Hidden Gem of East BostonbkusaVIPDined on 3/23/2014Ecco is off the beaten track for many Boston diners, but is a great place to eat if you live in Eastie or are headed to the airport. My favorite is the braised short ribs and the scoundrel is a refreshing spin on the Old Fashioned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another delicious mealac23VIPDined on 3/13/2014Great food, great service and great atmosphere! I've been to Ecco twice and delicious both times. Great menu, lots of items to choose from. Great for a group that just want drinks and apps. The Bolognese is the best I've had and taco trio is outstanding as we. Couple we were with had the short ribs and duck risotto and could not say enough about them. Can't say enough good things about this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choice!Captain49erDined on 3/6/2014I checked out the location and realized that it was the same location of one of my favorite restaurants Sablone's We began with the mixed green salad with roasted pears, absolutely refreshing and delicious. I went with the veal osso bucco, advised by Jorge, and the veal melted in my mouth. My fiance had the pan seared scallops and could not stop drooling over it. The chef, upon hearing that I used to frequent there, sent out some grilled vegetables to welcome us back and though we were not having dessert, Jorge brought out something for us to try as a gift also. We spoke with Jorge at great length about different restaurants and shared our favorites with each other. We highly recommend this slightly hidden gem. You cannot go wrong!!!Special Features:
- The restaurant atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014The restaurant atmosphere seems nice from the door, but the table at which we sat was very tightly positioned, to the point where we couldn't comfortably sit without backing into people at the bar. Our food was good but much too expensive for the quality. Our waters were only refilled once throughout our entire time in the restaurant, our appetizers took a long time to come out, and then we waited another 20 minutes after finishing our appetizers for our main courses to arrive. For the price, I would expect better food and service.Special Features:
- Nice dinner!JohnChelseaDined on 2/14/2014Our group of 8 really enjoyed Ecco. The food was delicious, the drinks were awesome, the service was good, and the restaurant was clean and kept up very nice. It was a bit crowded, but a crowd was expected on Valentines day!Special Features:
- Great timeTinaDined on 2/14/2014We went for Valentine's day, and primarily picked Ecco because it was outside of the city, so avoid the craziness of the holiday, but to still have a nice meal. Our expectations were met and mosty exceeded. We may be back again someday!Special Features:
- Great food and even better servicedavidfrombostonDined on 2/14/2014Like the rest of Boston, we were dining out on Valentines Day. Traffic in Boston could not have been worse that evening and we were running at least 30 min late. The owner could not have been nicer and held our table. Dinner was exceptional and much more reasonably priced than a comparable restaurant in downtown Boston. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delcious!BoopDined on 1/31/2014Our party of 3 were completely satisfied with our meals. The prices were A little on the high side. I would definitely recommend for special occasion .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant food and attentiveSusanDined on 1/24/2014I went there for dinner and food was amazing! Staff is very attentive! Drinks are good too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. No waitBerkerycVIPDined on 1/21/2014Easy to get in and quick/good food but we're always the only ones there which is a little weird.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- W always have a positive atBuffyDined on 1/16/2014W always have a positive at experience at Ecco. However, the last time we were there the service was a bit slow. It would be nice if they would add back to their menu some of the more traditional Italien dishes.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceBam2LuVIPDined on 1/11/2014I go to Ecco often. The food and the service is consistently excellent. If you want an ethic appetizer I highly recommend las arepitas. The specials for last night were delicious. I had the filet mignon with a very generous portion of asparagus on a bed of mashed potatoes. The filet was perfectly cooked. My partner had the lobster ravioli and it was delicious. Now a word about our reservation. It was for a party of 4 at 9:30. We wanted an earlier time, but according to OpenTable there was nothing available until then. When we arrived at the restaurant around 9:10 we noticed that most tables, about 80% of them, were emptied. I let the maître d' know about it and he graciously told us that he would inform the manager.Special Features:
- Check this place out!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/11/2014We moved to the neighborhood several months ago and kept talking about wanting to try Ecco- I'm glad we finally did! The bar service was attentive and friendly (Raspberry Sangria!!!), the food was delicious (main course and dessert!) and the ambiance was warm and inviting! We will definitely dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.