107 Porter Street
East Boston, MA 02128Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eccoboston.com/
- Phone: (617) 561-1112
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00am, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm -10:30am; Late Night Menu: 10:30pm-1:00am.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Book our restaurant for your private events. Dinner groups from 40 to 100 all welcome for any occasion.
- Private Party Contact: David Fitzgerald/ David Modica/ Jon Larkin 617-561-1112
- Special Events: Valentine's Day Pre-fix Four Course Menu $60 per person Please visit the events page at www.eccoboston.com for full menu.
A word from Ecco Boston
East Boston's newest hot spot to "Gather, Dine and Relax." With an impressive list of Wines, Special Martini’s, and Cocktails created exclusively to excite the palate. Ecco’s tempting array of Desserts, Cappuccino and Espresso can be harmonized with a selection from our extensive list of Cordial’s, Dessert or Port Wines. An added attraction to Ecco is plenty of on-site parking, making your experience with us enjoyable from beginning to end.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Ecco Boston - Best Restaurants in East Boston ›
Ecco Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (36)fit for foodies (21)vibrant bar scene (17)romantic (17)late-night find (16)hot spot (14)special occasion (13)good for groups (9)notable wine list (8)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- favorite place in the neighborhoodksgshmoopsVIPDined on 4/12/2014Come here frequently, at least once a week. Prices are a bit high for what it is and can be inconsistent. The service can be a bit slow even when they are not busy, but I enjoy the ambiance, the drinks are tasty, and I just like coming here. It's the only place of its kind in this area and I can appreciate what they are going for, just need some tweaking here and there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect location, perfect foodBeachwalkerVIPDined on 4/12/2014Since we live on the North Shore, we always meet friends from the South Shore at Ecco's. Perfect location for all of us. But the best part is the food which is always perfect.Special Features:
- Enjoyable DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/12/2014Last weekend, we tried Ecco and I would go back again...most of our menu choices were good, not great. I had the crab cakes as an appetizers and it was more like crab salad...wet and soft not what I would call crab cakes. We ordered the filet &shrimp special and it was excellent. Also, the salads were hearty and tasty! I would go back again before recommending to our foody friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ecco Boston reviewfoodisgoodDined on 4/12/2014Great place! The wine, cocktail and beer list is phenomenal. Food is delicious - had the Chicken Parm and the noodles tasted like they were home made. The service is fast, friendly and knowledgeable. The neighborhood might look a bit sketchy, but this restaurant is really nice. Great for dates, family, girls nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Destination DiningonesizeDined on 4/11/2014A funny place to go but worth the trip. I'm sure supper is good but we like to eat our way through the starters and small plates with lovely drinks and wonderful music.Special Features:
- Hidden Gem of East BostonbkusaVIPDined on 3/23/2014Ecco is off the beaten track for many Boston diners, but is a great place to eat if you live in Eastie or are headed to the airport. My favorite is the braised short ribs and the scoundrel is a refreshing spin on the Old Fashioned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another delicious mealac23VIPDined on 3/13/2014Great food, great service and great atmosphere! I've been to Ecco twice and delicious both times. Great menu, lots of items to choose from. Great for a group that just want drinks and apps. The Bolognese is the best I've had and taco trio is outstanding as we. Couple we were with had the short ribs and duck risotto and could not say enough about them. Can't say enough good things about this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choice!Captain49erVIPDined on 3/6/2014I checked out the location and realized that it was the same location of one of my favorite restaurants Sablone's We began with the mixed green salad with roasted pears, absolutely refreshing and delicious. I went with the veal osso bucco, advised by Jorge, and the veal melted in my mouth. My fiance had the pan seared scallops and could not stop drooling over it. The chef, upon hearing that I used to frequent there, sent out some grilled vegetables to welcome us back and though we were not having dessert, Jorge brought out something for us to try as a gift also. We spoke with Jorge at great length about different restaurants and shared our favorites with each other. We highly recommend this slightly hidden gem. You cannot go wrong!!!Special Features:
- The restaurant atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014The restaurant atmosphere seems nice from the door, but the table at which we sat was very tightly positioned, to the point where we couldn't comfortably sit without backing into people at the bar. Our food was good but much too expensive for the quality. Our waters were only refilled once throughout our entire time in the restaurant, our appetizers took a long time to come out, and then we waited another 20 minutes after finishing our appetizers for our main courses to arrive. For the price, I would expect better food and service.Special Features:
- Nice dinner!JohnChelseaDined on 2/14/2014Our group of 8 really enjoyed Ecco. The food was delicious, the drinks were awesome, the service was good, and the restaurant was clean and kept up very nice. It was a bit crowded, but a crowd was expected on Valentines day!Special Features:
- Great timeTinaDined on 2/14/2014We went for Valentine's day, and primarily picked Ecco because it was outside of the city, so avoid the craziness of the holiday, but to still have a nice meal. Our expectations were met and mosty exceeded. We may be back again someday!Special Features:
- Great food and even better servicedavidfrombostonVIPDined on 2/14/2014Like the rest of Boston, we were dining out on Valentines Day. Traffic in Boston could not have been worse that evening and we were running at least 30 min late. The owner could not have been nicer and held our table. Dinner was exceptional and much more reasonably priced than a comparable restaurant in downtown Boston. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delcious!BoopDined on 1/31/2014Our party of 3 were completely satisfied with our meals. The prices were A little on the high side. I would definitely recommend for special occasion .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant food and attentiveSusanDined on 1/24/2014I went there for dinner and food was amazing! Staff is very attentive! Drinks are good too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. No waitBerkerycVIPDined on 1/21/2014Easy to get in and quick/good food but we're always the only ones there which is a little weird.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- W always have a positive atBuffyVIPDined on 1/16/2014W always have a positive at experience at Ecco. However, the last time we were there the service was a bit slow. It would be nice if they would add back to their menu some of the more traditional Italien dishes.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceBam2LuVIPDined on 1/11/2014I go to Ecco often. The food and the service is consistently excellent. If you want an ethic appetizer I highly recommend las arepitas. The specials for last night were delicious. I had the filet mignon with a very generous portion of asparagus on a bed of mashed potatoes. The filet was perfectly cooked. My partner had the lobster ravioli and it was delicious. Now a word about our reservation. It was for a party of 4 at 9:30. We wanted an earlier time, but according to OpenTable there was nothing available until then. When we arrived at the restaurant around 9:10 we noticed that most tables, about 80% of them, were emptied. I let the maître d' know about it and he graciously told us that he would inform the manager.Special Features:
- Check this place out!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/11/2014We moved to the neighborhood several months ago and kept talking about wanting to try Ecco- I'm glad we finally did! The bar service was attentive and friendly (Raspberry Sangria!!!), the food was delicious (main course and dessert!) and the ambiance was warm and inviting! We will definitely dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable experienceMickiDined on 1/10/2014I loved the relaxed feel. The cocktails were made to perfection and my short ribs were so tender and flavorful. The waite staff was attentive and very polite. I will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally tried this fine-diningOutoftownerVIPDined on 1/6/2014Finally tried this fine-dining place in Eastie, which it is nice to have a place like this close by (with parking) so you don't always have to run to Boston proper to have a nice dining experience. The food was pretty decent, scallops were good. My only complaint was the waitress was REALLY smothering. It was a slow night and she didn't have enough to do, so she chose to come by every 2 minutes, and then kept telling us we had to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's EveDutchDined on 12/31/2013My wife and I ate at Ecco on New Years. It was intimate and the cocktails were fun. People were friendly and we had a great timeSpecial Features:
- We live right around the cornerSH89VIPDined on 12/31/2013We live right around the corner and come here a lot. Great food, service, and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really enjoyed our meal andOverwelmingDined on 12/9/2013Really enjoyed our meal and the atmosphere. Highly recommend; I had the short ribs and my son had the duck. The service, atmosphere and presentation were all 4 star in my book!Special Features:
- reliably good foodBeachwalkerVIPDined on 12/7/2013We have been coming to Ecco for several years and have never had a poor meal. We especially love its ovation as it is the perfect place for friends from the North Shore to meet friends from the South ShoreSpecial Features:
- neighborhood gemljneeVIPDined on 11/17/2013Ecco is a lovely restaurant tucked away on a small street in East Boston. The food is delicious. Everyone in my party enjoyed their meal, which included lobster ravioli, shrimp scampi (the best ever!) and wonderful mussels. The bread they serve is delicious, with an herbed butter. The service was excellent. I will come back and would recommend this restaurant highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were leaving Logan AirportHealthspeakerVIPDined on 11/15/2013We were leaving Logan Airport and looking for a place to eat. This place was a great find. Great mixed drinks, excellent salad, lovely fresh fish. Our server was very helpful and attentive. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/9/2013The waitress was very polite and helpfull, she also had a sense of humor as there were 5 guys and my older brother (75) jokingly asked for her number and she gave him a phone number and said "he'll forget my number in 5 minues" and we all laughed! The food was excellent and cooked just the way I like my Steak. The Wine was very good! The booth was very nice and comfortable we could have a nice quite conversation and not have to raise our voices to hear each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ecco dining experiencDiningqueenDined on 10/22/2013After much difficulty arriving at the restaurant because of the one-way part of the street, the experience soared. the waitress was great, the food fabulous (I even ordered food to take home) . would definitely recommend it as a memorable dining experience.Special Features:
- Another excellent mealShelley1Dined on 10/19/2013I selected Ecco for my birthday dinner with a small group of family members. I was optimistic that the menu would appeal to the foodies while not intimidating the non-foodies in the group, and it worked out perfectly. Our server was knowledgeable about the menu and the cocktail list. He handled the slow decision-makers and the bad jokers in our party with patience and good humor, and the evening was a great success. We shared the fried calamari appetizer, which was fresh and delicious, and the meatball bites which were insanely good. (I highly recommend mopping up the sauce with some of the tasty rosemary focaccia served at each table.) Main courses were amazing, but no space here for details. Great night, great food, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- East Boston gemPhillyGirlVIPDined on 10/19/2013Easy to get to from I-93 and street parking available. Beautiful interior and refined Italian food. Our waiter was professional and attentive. Food was beautiful in presentation and delicious. Will look forward to returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was exceptionalDiningOutDivaDined on 10/11/2013Every single thing we ordered from the drinks to dessert was delicious. We had an Italian meat plate special appetizer and the meatball bites. BOTH were to die for. For dinner we had braised ribs and the sirloin....DELISH! The crime brûlée was awesome and the Martina's delicious (The Sunshine was awesome). Server was knowledgable and patient while still being attentive. Overall, awesome experience. Great for date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtown Fine Dining in East BostonBuckNastyVIPDined on 10/9/2013Everything you want from an amazing downtown dining destination at half the cost, with plenty of free parking and one of the finest craft beer selections this enthusiast has ever come across.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!CRAEBABYVIPDined on 10/3/2013The general manager, Deanna, is lovely and she runs a fantastic restaurant. The food was great, the ambience was great I would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodBostonUsaDined on 9/22/2013Had great food at ECCO not so much the service...the host has no manner to approach to guest and the Service very slow !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overall great menu with optionslovefoodVIPDined on 9/20/2013overall great menu with options for all food loversSpecial Features:
- Great find!GrahamDined on 9/16/2013Great restaurant in an unassuming neighborhood. Beer list is excellent and food was great. Classy place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/11/2013What a great find. I was staying by Logan at the Hyatt. Dined on my own at the bar. The food was very fresh and presented well. The prices were also very reasonable. I will certainly go back and tell others about this find. Thank you for a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ssecond Time as Good as FirstYoginiVIPDined on 8/30/2013Great gem...delicious food, great selection, lovely ambiance, fantastic service and just a great spot for good food!Special Features:
- Amazing find!!!BostonCoupleDined on 8/16/2013We love trying new places and this place was one of the best finds ever!!! The food was unbelievably good. I ate my meal so slow to savor every bite. The service was just as amazing. Very attentive. I can not wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FavoriteShelley1Dined on 8/10/2013Ecco has become our favorite restaurant in Boston. The food is elegant, plentiful, absolutely delicious, and beautifully presented. The service is consistently attentive and thorough. The servers are personable and well-informed about the menu and cocktails. The atmosphere is warm and attractive. I don't understand why Ecco isn't more crowded. Oh, and the bread is CRAZY good. Highly recommend Ecco.Special Features: