1310 Carondelet Drive
Kansas City, MO 64114Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ebtrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8169428870
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Tate A. Roberts
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: EBT Restaurant has a wonderful second floor private dining space that can accomodate sit-down lunches/dinners for up to 50, and cocktail events for 75 or more. The main dining room is also available for rental for larger private events. Food and Beverage minimums apply to all private dining events. Contact Wesley Gill @ email@example.com or 816.942.8870 for more details!
- Private Party Facilities: EBT has a private dining facility that can accommodate 5-50 people for a sit down dinner or up to 120 for a reception. Buy out of the entire restaurant is also available for larger groups.
- Private Party Contact: Wesley Gill 8169428870
- Entertainment: Live music Thursday through Saturday nights 6:00 PM to close. Happy Hour - $5 Appetizers and Drink Specials Tuesday through Friday 4:30 PM to 6:30 PM -
- Special Events: EBT Restaurant is currently planning another 'Try It!' event similar to the one we just hosted recently in June. Details will be made available as they are confirmed. Visit out website and join our email club for advanced notice of special events!
A word from EBT Restaurant
EBT Restaurant is casual elegant restaurant with a unique look and a grasp on tradition. You can easily get to EBT in 20 minutes or less from nearly all points of the KC Metro. Conveniently located at I-435 and State Line Road, don't let the UMB Building fool you! There are tremendous things going on inside. Beginning Tuesday, May 1 2012, EBT is launching a brand new dinner menu! Featuring items like a wonderful Lamb T-Bone, Roasted Duck Breast and Alaskan Halibut ala Shanel; the new menu promises to deliver plates that are as beautiful as they are delicious! We have been in business for 30 + years with a history of loyal clientele. We offer tableside cooking on select items making your experience truly memorable. Our gracious approach to service is strengthened with our passion for great food and wine. It would be our pleasure to make your dining experience special!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
EBT Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Kansas City ›
EBT Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (40)romantic (28)neighborhood gem (21)great for lunch (18)notable wine list (16)fit for foodies (13)good for groups (7)vibrant bar scene (6)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- DennisVIPDined on 9/27/2014Positively delightful. Everything was awesome!!!!! Our waiter Dave was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BluediverdoDined on 9/23/2014The service was excellent and the food was delicious. We ate there for our anniversary and they made it even more special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014Scallops were great and the berries n cream dessert was phenom (seedless blackberries and luscious cream sauce...paired perfectly with an espresso). Supposed "prime" filet was mediocre. Web menu was not up-to-date as a Web listed tempting Grilled Romaine salad was not on the real menu along with differences on some entrees (come on guys, get into the 21st century and hire a kid to keep your Web menu updated ;o). Great ambiance but not for the budget minded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- annivnightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014We were treated like royalty. The quiet atmosphere with the beautiful piano music in the background made the evening special. The food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PriceyGaea77Dined on 9/13/2014Not worth the price. I've had better meals, for less money and enjoyed the good and service much better. I did enjoy the salad for two, nice presentation.Special Features:
- EBTChiTown1VIPDined on 9/13/2014Hadn't been there for several years although I grew up when EBT was still downtown! I had forgotten how wonderful the ambiance was. Love the tableside preparations - few restaraunts still do this!Special Features:
- EBT: Found AgainBECandidDined on 9/4/2014I haven't been to EBT in a long time and don't remember why. I need to keep it on my dining radar. My girl friends and I had lunch the other day and we were fortunate to be seated in the "elevator". Be sure to request this for your next table-for-four. The menu is full of tempting items from appetizers to salads to entrees. The service and presentation is impeccable. Taking my husband back soon for a quiet, romantic dinner.Special Features:
- EBT: Always dependable, if priceymover556Dined on 8/22/2014Friday "date nite" for wife and I. Scallop and rissoto starter: Delicious scallop, slightly underdone rissoto (too "toothy"). Crab stuffed Dover sole: scrumptious. Special, Hawiian Marlin: too well cooked (received complimentary cheesecake as "peace offering") Side veges: terrific. Side mixed wild rice: very good. Cheesecake: very good. At least one of giant lighting fixtures looked worn/tired, otherwise decor was pleasant. Very convenient location. Most of partons were of advanced age, perhaps in concert with prices. Table service from Dave was very attentive.Special Features:
- Walked OutfirsttimerDined on 8/16/2014I was shocked by the length of dinner service. After two hours, my wife and I had only received a table-side salad for two and a basket of bread, which tasted like pure garlic. The waiter spilt the parmesan cheese meant for our salads all over the floor, where it stayed for twenty minutes without a replacement. I was embarrassed as new guests walked by our table with judgemental looks. I don't believe I'll be going back. Unless you have four hours or more to eat dinner, I recommend going somewhere else.Special Features:
- RitaDVIPDined on 8/13/2014The lunch chicken salad was very below par. I have eaten there many times and the quality was disappointing. Fruit was tasteless and menu item turned out to be dull. Chicken salad was only fair and not chicken chunks like most nice places. Just so unremarkable.Special Features:
- First, but not last, experienceRonandMaureenDined on 8/9/2014Had our first experience at EBT last night. Still thinking about it fondly this morning. We were greeted as we walked in by our name. We had made a reservation, so I'm sure this is how he knew, but impressive all the same. The first of our two servers gave us the history of the restaurant. Drinks were beautifully presented and delicious. We ordered appetizers and talked while we enjoyed them. We were not rushed to order our meals. Our meals were again presented beautifully and delicious. We were celebrating an engagement and an anniversary so we very much appreciated the fact they allowed us to thoroughly enjoy our experience for two and a half hours. We are looking forward to our next experience at EBT.Special Features:
- Perfect experienceBanditDined on 8/2/2014From start to finish the dining evening was a wonderful experience. The service was excellent - the food outstanding. A piano playing in the background set the perfect mood! Thoroughly enjoyable!Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014From the decor, to the service, to the live piano music, it was a truly enjoyable evening, not to mention the outstanding food. It's a place you can go and actually have a conversation while still enjoying some great background entertainment. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceRoseDined on 7/25/2014I've now been twice and both times we have had the finest servers. Food is fantastic. My fav was when I was able to get the John Dorry flown in from the coast of New Zealand. Excellent. If you are wanting a quiet romantic dinner sometimes the noise flows over from the live entertainment in the bar. One of my favorites in KC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Revsisint a great place!woodyDined on 7/23/2014Dear Dave, Revisiting great remembrances from long ago! Last evening my wife and I decided to celebrate our 26 anniversary at the historic EBT, which was incidentally, as newlyweds, was one of the first fine dining restaurants we ever visited. I must say, with all the fine eatery’s now blanketing the city, we had forgotten all the great dining experiences we shared in the past at your elegant landmark restaurant. Nothing much has changed and I am glad. Just for the sake of change, wonderful atmosphere, gracious hospitality, extreme service and fabulous foods should be left alone!Special Features:
- fair foodMarqVIPDined on 7/23/2014i brought a friend to ebt for her birthday lunch. she did like her meal. but i ordered a hamburger cooked medium that came well done and dry and not very tasty. i did not want to send it back and have my friend eat alone so i did not. i also said it was her birthday and the server never even mentioned it. also i ordered coffee after lunch and never got a refill.Special Features:
- Memorable anniversaryYummyDined on 7/19/2014From the greeting upon entering through the entire evening the dining experience was exceptional. Scallops and steaks were delicious. Impeccable serive without being intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rdttfcDined on 7/19/2014We came here for our anniversary and wanted to try a restaurant that we had not been to, we were not disappointed. I had always had an apprehension of coming here because it was in the bottom of a bank building and did not seem inviting, but the interior is beautiful! Lots of fresh orchids and the entire interior looks to have been pulled from late century buildings. The service was very attentive and the food was excellent. My wife had the fried tuna with amaretto carrots while I had the braized duck with roasted potatoes. Both were delicious. We are not the type to drop $100 on dinner very often, but we have already put this on the list to try again.Special Features:
- EnjoyablepeachdkgDined on 7/12/2014WE had a very enjoyable and delicious dinner Saturday night. The service was excellent the food delicious. I ahve not been to EBTs in a long time, but I will definitely be backi soon.Special Features:
- Love love love EBT!luv2dineVIPDined on 7/3/2014EBT never disappoints. We eat dinner there often and the food and service are always top notch. I'd never had lunch there before this visit and it was equally outstanding. This is one of the most beautiful restaurants in KC. The servers , who have been there forever, know the menu well and are very helpful in picking out entrees/desserts/appetizers.Special Features:
- microbesVIPDined on 6/26/2014Largest veal shanks I've ever seen! But where was the gremelata?Special Features:
- Consistently high qualityAJjrVIPDined on 6/20/2014We have been a customer for 12 years and have always had a pleasant experience. Definitely in the top 10 restaurants in the KC metroSpecial Features:
- spectacularalwaystryingnewthingsDined on 6/17/2014I had never visited EBT before and happened upon a voucher on Amazon local for a great price. Tried it out and I will definitely return. It was an elegant experience was not crowded at the time so we really enjoyed VIP treatment .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not great for the $$$JasboDined on 6/7/2014Our waiter was very good but had too many tables for an early Saturday evening. Food was very average. Not bad, but certainly not anything out of the ordinary. It had been a long time since my last visit, and even though I live close by, it'll be a long time before I return. Too many other good places for equal or less prices.
- Really a place to goKCdocVIPDined on 6/4/2014Hidden on the SE corner south of 435 and state line. Great food Jason the chef and david as a waiter Excellent menu well presented Not a place to overlookSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 532 reviews are from the EBT Restaurant reviews archive.
- Reliving first date!!tickled10VIPDined on 5/30/2014Yes, my husband and I had our First date at EBT 20 years ago. We live up in Leavenworth, so don't get to EBT often. It's a treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EBTHungrymanVIPDined on 5/30/2014One of Kansas City's finer restaurants, offering it all from starters to wonderful prepared dishes. A must try.Special Features:
- Recent ReturnTimDVIPDined on 5/27/2014We had gotten busy with life and other things and had forgotten about EBT. We stopped in last night and were very pleased we made the extra effort to go again. The menu has its consistent favorites (minus the pork chop), but has also had some new fresh additions. It was simply delicious. The food was outstanding and they accommodated our special substitutions and requests. Spinach gnocchi was wonderful, veggie risotto delectable, parm crusted chicken spectacular, and the bacon brussels sprouts were spot on. Drinks were also very well prepared and flavorful. We had forgotten how much we truly love EBT. Cannot wait to come back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodaudia6tqDined on 5/23/2014I had the sea bass and it was delicious. My wife had the fish special that came with a nice piece of fish and some shrimps which was also very good. Service was good too. My only complaint would be that the wait for our food was a bit long, but the food was well worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good with minor issuesScrimpetsVIPDined on 5/23/2014I've been here before and it's been better but this experience was very good with a few minor drawbacks. First the seating - I'd asked for a quiet table, and last time we were seated by the wall at a table for two, this time first table was a booth (maitre d should ask your preference) and then we moved to a table (not quiet either, near the front and the reception area), and I wasn't about to make another switch. Then the food - the tempura shrimp appetizer is excellent, it was hot, too (temperature). Entree - for me, the parmesan-crusted chicken was very good, and hot, but its accompaniments were not as hot - the rice (which was supposed to be pilaf but was pretty plain) was lukewarm as were the green bean (which were very tasty)....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/17/2014EBT is a hidden treasure that a lot of people have yet to discover. Elegant dining and ambiance.Special Features:
- Buffett not MaintaineddeckersgcDined on 5/11/2014Mothers day at 1:30 PM. Many dishes on the Buffett were empty and some of them worked over pretty good without freshening up. The cheese plate was picked over so bad it looked like a salad. I heard good things about this restaurant so I wanted to give it a try. I assume other days are better.
- fine diningluvfinddiningDined on 5/10/2014Food is excellent - service can't be beat. It' one of those restaurants that you go to and dine - not just eat - to me there is a difference between dining and eating. Romantic quiet setting - soft live music most evenings - I have not had lunch there buy I bet it is top notch. One of Kansas City's best kept secrets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EBTRLL51Dined on 5/10/2014Had not been there in years. Food was good but I thought menu was not very exciting. Live music was greatSpecial Features:
- EBT IS THE BESTPATODined on 5/9/2014The food was outstanding as was the service! We had the shrimp special and the shrimp was large as primised , perfectly cooked ... D E L I C I O U S. Looking forward to going back!!!!Special Features:
- Nice atmosphere, but..AdmiralbirdDined on 5/7/2014This is an iconic restaurant that uses some of the architectural fixtures from an old Kansas City retail store. The atmosphere is a mixture of art-deco and antique. Two of the booths are enclosed in old elevators from the retail store from whence it gets its name. I have eaten there many times and the service is very good, but some of the menu offerings either need to be improved or taken off the menu. The quail, which I have ordered twice, was a bad choice both times. Even though these are farm raised birds, they were smaller than those I hunted many years ago, and the preparation was less than tantalizing.
- Scallops were the bestHappyhourffanDined on 4/30/2014The scallop appetizer was the best part of our meal, even though the risotto was too rich for me. Perfectly seared, large, sweet scallops? Duck breast was "chewy" and the skin was not crispy. The vegies were delicious, crisp tender, the way I like them. Will go back for Happy Hour scallops!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/29/2014We had the Cobb salad for lunch--it was very good. We changed the dressing to a garden dressing which was very tasty. It was quiet in the restaurant, however, there were not many people dining when we were there. The waitress was fine, but very slow and not overly attentive. I would not want to be in a hurry to dine here. Good place for lunch.Special Features:
- Not the usual quality.springflowersDined on 4/26/2014We love EBT but this time the food was not the best quality as experienced before. The scallops were rubbery instead of the melt-in-your mouth experience I've had before. My husband didn't enjoy the flavors or the texture crab stuffed sole. Even so, we will return, we think this was a fluke.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great music and foodAbundantlyyoursDined on 4/19/2014Went there to hear the Steve Gray Band with Shannon Marie and Greg Clinkingbeard, who were wonderful as always! You simply must have the Brie, and the risotto was so yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.