E.B. Green's Steakhouse
Two Fountain Plaza
Buffalo, NY 14202Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
E.B. Green's Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ebgreens.com/
- Phone: (716) 855-4870
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Mark McGranahan
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: We customize to guests requests
- Entertainment: Jackie Jacko Thursday-Friday 5:30pm to 9:30pm
- Special Events: Weddings, Anniversary , Retirements, Businesses Meetings, Doctor, Pharmaceutical Dinners are all Welcome
A word from E.B. Green's Steakhouse
E.B. Green's was named as One of theContinued
Top Ten Steakhouses in America for the sixth year in a row in January 2009.
Top Ten Steakhouses in America for the sixth year in a row in January 2009.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
E.B. Green's Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Buffalo ›
E.B. Green's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (61)romantic (46)fit for foodies (26)notable wine list (24)good for groups (21)neighborhood gem (15)late-night find (6)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Wonderful Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014It was our 25th wedding anniversary. We actually were engaged at EB Greens. The staff was amazing, especially our server Candy. We arrived at our table to find it decorated with red rose petals and a glass of champagne. Everyone was so attentive and the meal was fabulous. We will be back ! I give EB Greens 5 starsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Is a definate 10BillDined on 11/16/2014Not the first time here, will always go back. Makes that other Buffalo 'famous' steakhouse on Franklin Street look like a sandwich shop. Everything is perfectly done, the way you want it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Buffalo FavoriteMrMrsValentineDined on 11/8/2014We love everything about this restaurant, from Jackie playing tunes at the piano bar, to the extremely knowledgable and polite staff, to the delicious food!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant above averagediningforfunDined on 11/6/2014EB Green's restaurant was very nice. Atmosphere was also very nice, but nothing was memorable.again the food was above average,but nothing memorable. Strip steak i ordered was cooked nicely but was just ok...not worth the price. My wives filet was poked wrong, and to correct it they just stick it back in burner to take it from rare to medium....because it was already cut, it lost all its juice and then was certainly not worth the price. Service was good, but busboy could have been far more attentive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A cut aboveSueGDined on 11/1/2014This is a steakhouse, it's menu is traditional, not innovative. But it's a good steakhouse with a lovely ambiance. It really feels like a special occasion destination. Service is excellent.Special Features:
- Wonderful EveningD0Sat7to9Dined on 11/1/2014Went there for our Anniversary they sat us at a window table with rose petals on it and brought us a complimentary glass of champagne very nice touch. Service was outstanding and food was very good. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!!ThisgirllovessteakDined on 10/31/2014We booked on a whim and were not disappointed. From the initial hello, to the first drink, the amazing service and fantastic food; this truly was a great night for dinner for 2. Thank you!!! Hats off to the chef and staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eb greenscmartinDined on 10/27/2014Came here for my boyfriend's birthday and it was great. The food was excellent and steaks were cooked perfect. Very pricey for me but if you don't mind spending the money it's worth it. Loved the creme brule also. Had to sit by the window and it was slightly cold but not so bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KEVVDined on 10/25/2014CONTINUES TO BE THE BEST IN BUFFALO FOR STEAKS. RECEIVED TERRIFIC SERVICESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tenderloin exceptional...BossladyJDined on 10/24/2014The tenderloin was flavorful and tender. The lobster melts in your mouth. Server was knowledgable about the different cuts of steak and very friendly. Also the free valet was a plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food--just a little TOO fastbuffal0er1nDined on 10/24/2014We visited for Restaurant Week and really liked the variety of options available. We both chose the tenderloin, and both of our meals were excellent. The service, too, was wonderful. Our waitress was so kind! My boyfriend and I were only a little disappointed that service actually TOO fast, which I realize does not sound like a negative thing at all. We usually each start with a drink and look forward to splitting a bottle of wine over dinner. However, we were not even finished with our drinks by the time our salads had come and gone. Perhaps this was due to the fact that it was Restaurant Week, so perhaps they were just overly-ready to get the food out. The only other suggestion is that the decor could be updated.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceMargaritaDined on 10/24/2014Six of us and my grand daughter were there to celebrate my daughter's 21st birthday and everyone's expectations were met. The salmon, the steaks, and the burger were all delicious. The service was first rate, and the ambiance was perfect. We were sat at a perfect spot where my grand daughter was able to stand and have room to wiggle.Special Features:
- Great burger.N8sterDined on 10/23/2014Went here to try the burger, and I was not disappointedI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great diningPopspotDined on 10/18/2014We had no idea how great this restaurant would be. We knew it was ranked quite high but it went above and beyond our expectations. The lobster was the best I ever had.I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeDonaldDined on 10/16/20141st time to E. B. Green's. Great reception from hostess when we entered. Took us to a cozy corner table for 2. Shawn (server) greeted us and told us he loved 1st time visitors. He told us about the menu, what was included, and suggested some exclusive E. B. Green items, which we did order 1 of as an appetizer. While I was enjoying glass of wine, I walked over to a picture near our table. Shawn came over to me and asked if I liked Leroy Nieman and proceeded to escort me on an interesting tour of the other paintings throughout the restaurant, explaining what each represented. My wife and I enjoyed the great meal and I asked Shawn to give our compliments to the Chef on our perfectly done steaks. Asked Shawn for his schedule for future visits.Special Features:
- Great SteakhouseCanadiensandBillsFanDined on 10/12/2014The staff are top notch. Welcoming and friendly. Great prime rib and steaks. An old fashioned steakhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so great ...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/20142nd best in the Nation for 2014, I don't think so.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Enjoyed our dinner immensely. Servers Candy and Brandon were very helpful and courteous. All over dining experience wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steaks in BuffaloDassmanDined on 10/3/2014As always, E.B. Green's offers impeccable service, great ambiance and superb food. It was our anniversary and the restaurant went out of its way to provide a welcoming atmosphere with great service.Special Features:
- ChristineDOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014The filet mignon was perfect and the service was outstanding. Waiter was attentive and friendly. Early for our reservation but were seated right away.Special Features:
- Well done1plus1Dined on 9/28/2014Our server was very friendly and accommodating. We LIKE our steaks well done and she didn't bat an eye unlike other servers elsewhere who tried to talk us out of ordering well done for fear of offending the chef. We had an excellent meal. We didn't have to wait very long for our food to arrive at the table. The service was great. She even surprised us at the end of our meal with some complimentary monkey bread to take home since we were too full for dessert. All things considered it was an A+ dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A steak house, but with veg optionsRustiRDined on 9/27/2014Went for a late dinner (10pm) in Buffalo on Saturday night. Even tho I was the only one in my party who did not eat animal products, there were items on the menu (salad, sides, and a vegetarian platter entree) that worked for me. The others were pleased with the fish they ordered. The service was excellent and the location (below the Hyatt Regency) was convenient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice but...Tk152Dined on 9/27/2014Choosing a 5* top 10 steak house for a romantic special event we were very pleased with the service and the food deserves the #2 rating. We did however find it a little more "kid/family" casual than expected but overall an excellent evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buffalo GemOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/27/2014Nothing more classically Buffalo than entering E.B. Green's on a Thursday, Friday, or Saturday night and being greeted by the legendary Jackie Jacko. The music is legendary, the steaks are first-rate, the dining room is fabulous, and the lounge area is terrific after 8:00pm any night. My favorite neighborhood restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nicenightoutDined on 9/27/2014It was a very pleasant dinner. I was with 3 friends celebrating our 70th Birthdays! One of the steak dinners was overdone but we were compensated for it. All in all we had a good time! The service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousGreatDined on 9/27/2014The food makes everything worthwhile. The staff is attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkLivetoeatDined on 9/26/2014Wine was good. Food was OK. I can't imagine this would really be a top ten steakhouse in the nation at all. Lobster and steak was decent but was not at all the quality we were expecting for the price. Not even close to what you would get at a Ruths Chris or Del Friscos at basically the same price.
- Great timeTKap1234Dined on 9/25/2014Had a lovely experience. The steak was cooked well. The meal comes with a salad and baked potato. They were very kind and made sure we were doing well without being annoying. I'd go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old favoriteBurlingtonvisitor37Dined on 9/21/2014We have dined at E.B. Green's in the past and it has never disappointed. Our steaks were perfectly prepared. The staff are always wonderful. Buffalo is fortunate to have such a gem!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/19/2014everything was a good quality except my ( signature ) porterhouse steak, after enjoying the filet side I was disappointed with the strip side, fatty and lacking flavor.
- Could have been bettergrahauDined on 9/12/2014Not bad, a little underwhelming. From what used to be one of Buffalo's best steak houses my wife and I expected more. Best parts of our meals were the salads and appetizers, the cuts of meat were disappointing. This place needs an update.
- Great food64n66Dined on 8/30/2014The 2lb Lobster was one of if not the best my wife ever had and the Porterhouse was excellent!!! The bread was fantastic (we asked for seconds) Service was very attentive and not overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014We had our rehearsal dinner here and were back for our 11th Wedding Anniversary. We have been there a few times in between. Always excellent food. Piano bar music might be a little loud, but most people know that going in. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Great for a special occasion! The food, service, and ambiance are outstanding! I would recommend EB Green's to anyone looking for a fine dining restaurant especially if you are looking for a romantic evening out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buena comida en ambiente agradableCarloDined on 8/18/2014Servicio de aparcacoches gratuito. Si estas en Búfalo y te gusta la carne no te lo pierdas. Servicio agradable
- Great nightSANDYDined on 8/15/2014Went to e.b. green's on friday night. it was great all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well Worth itCeeCeeVIPDined on 8/12/2014Beautiful steakhouse atmosphere, typical menu with several edgy additions. Main courses included a salad and large baked potato. Potato was excellent. Salad was a choice of any on the menu. I had the peach, burrata and arugula salad, yum! Steak was cooked perfectly. Reasonably priced wine list. What more could you ask for. A definite winner!Special Features:
- Jasara1Dined on 8/9/2014We went here for our 23rd Anniversary and it was Outstanding! Our table had rose petals and a long stem rose on it and it was beautiful! Our service was excellent and so was the food!Special Features:
- Really excellentdonotgetoutmuchDined on 8/9/2014Very good service. We were there early, and it was quiet. Food was absolutely FABTASTIC. Best meat we've had in ages. Everything was good, even the coffee! Desserts were very special, not just "the usual." Prices reflect the quality - ideal for a special occasion, or when you want to make a big impression.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/5/2014We've been there before and will go back!! Great service and great food. We thoroughly enjoyed it. Thank you EB Greens.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.