E.B. Green's Steakhouse
Two Fountain Plaza
Buffalo, NY 14202Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
E.B. Green's Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ebgreens.com/
- Phone: 7168554870x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Mark McGranahan
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: We customize to guests requests
- Entertainment: Jackie Jacko Thursday-Friday 5:30pm to 9:30pm
- Special Events: Weddings, Anniversary , Retirements, Businesses Meetings, Doctor, Pharmaceutical Dinners are all Welcome
A word from E.B. Green's Steakhouse
E.B. Green's was named as One of theContinued
Top Ten Steakhouses in America for the sixth year in a row in January 2009.
Top Ten Steakhouses in America for the sixth year in a row in January 2009.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
E.B. Green's Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Buffalo ›
E.B. Green's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (60)romantic (46)notable wine list (25)fit for foodies (22)good for groups (17)neighborhood gem (16)great for lunch (6)late-night find (5)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We had no idea how great this restaurant would be. We knew it was ranked quite high but it went above and beyond our expectations. The lobster was the best I ever had.I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeDonaldDined on 10/16/20141st time to E. B. Green's. Great reception from hostess when we entered. Took us to a cozy corner table for 2. Shawn (server) greeted us and told us he loved 1st time visitors. He told us about the menu, what was included, and suggested some exclusive E. B. Green items, which we did order 1 of as an appetizer. While I was enjoying glass of wine, I walked over to a picture near our table. Shawn came over to me and asked if I liked Leroy Nieman and proceeded to escort me on an interesting tour of the other paintings throughout the restaurant, explaining what each represented. My wife and I enjoyed the great meal and I asked Shawn to give our compliments to the Chef on our perfectly done steaks. Asked Shawn for his schedule for future visits.Special Features:
- Great SteakhouseCanadiensandBillsFanDined on 10/12/2014The staff are top notch. Welcoming and friendly. Great prime rib and steaks. An old fashioned steakhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so great ...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/20142nd best in the Nation for 2014, I don't think so.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Enjoyed our dinner immensely. Servers Candy and Brandon were very helpful and courteous. All over dining experience wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steaks in BuffaloDassmanDined on 10/3/2014As always, E.B. Green's offers impeccable service, great ambiance and superb food. It was our anniversary and the restaurant went out of its way to provide a welcoming atmosphere with great service.Special Features:
- ChristineDOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014The filet mignon was perfect and the service was outstanding. Waiter was attentive and friendly. Early for our reservation but were seated right away.Special Features:
- Well done1plus1Dined on 9/28/2014Our server was very friendly and accommodating. We LIKE our steaks well done and she didn't bat an eye unlike other servers elsewhere who tried to talk us out of ordering well done for fear of offending the chef. We had an excellent meal. We didn't have to wait very long for our food to arrive at the table. The service was great. She even surprised us at the end of our meal with some complimentary monkey bread to take home since we were too full for dessert. All things considered it was an A+ dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A steak house, but with veg optionsRustiRDined on 9/27/2014Went for a late dinner (10pm) in Buffalo on Saturday night. Even tho I was the only one in my party who did not eat animal products, there were items on the menu (salad, sides, and a vegetarian platter entree) that worked for me. The others were pleased with the fish they ordered. The service was excellent and the location (below the Hyatt Regency) was convenient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice but...Tk152Dined on 9/27/2014Choosing a 5* top 10 steak house for a romantic special event we were very pleased with the service and the food deserves the #2 rating. We did however find it a little more "kid/family" casual than expected but overall an excellent evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buffalo GemOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/27/2014Nothing more classically Buffalo than entering E.B. Green's on a Thursday, Friday, or Saturday night and being greeted by the legendary Jackie Jacko. The music is legendary, the steaks are first-rate, the dining room is fabulous, and the lounge area is terrific after 8:00pm any night. My favorite neighborhood restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nicenightoutDined on 9/27/2014It was a very pleasant dinner. I was with 3 friends celebrating our 70th Birthdays! One of the steak dinners was overdone but we were compensated for it. All in all we had a good time! The service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousGreatDined on 9/27/2014The food makes everything worthwhile. The staff is attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkLivetoeatDined on 9/26/2014Wine was good. Food was OK. I can't imagine this would really be a top ten steakhouse in the nation at all. Lobster and steak was decent but was not at all the quality we were expecting for the price. Not even close to what you would get at a Ruths Chris or Del Friscos at basically the same price.
- Great timeTKap1234Dined on 9/25/2014Had a lovely experience. The steak was cooked well. The meal comes with a salad and baked potato. They were very kind and made sure we were doing well without being annoying. I'd go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old favoriteBurlingtonvisitor37Dined on 9/21/2014We have dined at E.B. Green's in the past and it has never disappointed. Our steaks were perfectly prepared. The staff are always wonderful. Buffalo is fortunate to have such a gem!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/19/2014everything was a good quality except my ( signature ) porterhouse steak, after enjoying the filet side I was disappointed with the strip side, fatty and lacking flavor.
- Could have been bettergrahauDined on 9/12/2014Not bad, a little underwhelming. From what used to be one of Buffalo's best steak houses my wife and I expected more. Best parts of our meals were the salads and appetizers, the cuts of meat were disappointing. This place needs an update.
- Great food64n66Dined on 8/30/2014The 2lb Lobster was one of if not the best my wife ever had and the Porterhouse was excellent!!! The bread was fantastic (we asked for seconds) Service was very attentive and not overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014We had our rehearsal dinner here and were back for our 11th Wedding Anniversary. We have been there a few times in between. Always excellent food. Piano bar music might be a little loud, but most people know that going in. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Great for a special occasion! The food, service, and ambiance are outstanding! I would recommend EB Green's to anyone looking for a fine dining restaurant especially if you are looking for a romantic evening out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buena comida en ambiente agradableCarloDined on 8/18/2014Servicio de aparcacoches gratuito. Si estas en Búfalo y te gusta la carne no te lo pierdas. Servicio agradable
- Great nightSANDYDined on 8/15/2014Went to e.b. green's on friday night. it was great all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well Worth itCeeCeeVIPDined on 8/12/2014Beautiful steakhouse atmosphere, typical menu with several edgy additions. Main courses included a salad and large baked potato. Potato was excellent. Salad was a choice of any on the menu. I had the peach, burrata and arugula salad, yum! Steak was cooked perfectly. Reasonably priced wine list. What more could you ask for. A definite winner!Special Features:
- Jasara1Dined on 8/9/2014We went here for our 23rd Anniversary and it was Outstanding! Our table had rose petals and a long stem rose on it and it was beautiful! Our service was excellent and so was the food!Special Features:
- Really excellentdonotgetoutmuchDined on 8/9/2014Very good service. We were there early, and it was quiet. Food was absolutely FABTASTIC. Best meat we've had in ages. Everything was good, even the coffee! Desserts were very special, not just "the usual." Prices reflect the quality - ideal for a special occasion, or when you want to make a big impression.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/5/2014We've been there before and will go back!! Great service and great food. We thoroughly enjoyed it. Thank you EB Greens.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingHappy2haveUcookDined on 8/3/2014After a big day all we wanted was a GREAT meal - EB Greens fit the bill perfectly. From the host to our server and bus man the staff was friendly and the service excellent. We ordered the porterhouse for two and it was AMAZING!! We recommend this restaurant highly. You won't be disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!plcollins65Dined on 8/3/2014We enjoyed a great dinner with excellent service. Very relaxing and food was cooked to perfection. Highly recommend EB GreensSpecial Features:
- OUTSTANDING!BoobooDined on 8/1/2014To celebrate our 33rd wedding anniversary we visited EB Green's. We were not disappointed. The food was excellent and the service by waiter Sean couldn't have been better. We also found the value to be better than other steak houses in Buffalo. We will return!Special Features:
- Old StandbyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014We arrived at 9:00pm on a Friday night and the place was absolutely packed. The crowd included all types, from those dressed in suits to folks in shorts. The service was OK, not quite to the level I have experienced in the past, but they were very busy. I spoke to and thanked the bus boy several times and chose not to respond, a little strange but no big deal. Also, there was dried food on the inside of my draught beer glass. The waitress was friendly and professional. The tomato and fresh mozzarella salad was excellent and the Caesar just OK. I had the porterhouse steak which was definitely prime. It was about 18 ounces, perfectly seasoned and exactly medium rare. My date has the Lobster Pot Pie and it was delicious as well. A++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Customer ServiceAmazingDined on 7/20/2014What I liked most about this dining experience was our outstanding waitress, Her name was Candy. Very kind and friendly and honestly this made my dining experience go above and beyond expectations. The food was outstanding and so were the drinks. For me, it was a little pricey for a common dining place but is perfect for a special occasion. None the less the food was worth every penny it was so delicious.Special Features:
- okaylike2dineDined on 7/19/2014Steak was over-cooked and was never asked if it was cooked ok, so I just dealt with it. By the time the waiter even came back, I already finished half of it. I asked if I could substitute a soup for my salad and was told yes, but was charged for the soup anyway. When I asked if it was on the bill in error, I was told that I couldn't substitute, so there was some confusion there as well.
- Nice experienceMusicalMomDined on 7/13/2014Very friendly front of house staff. Helpful, personable. The only thing I would suggest is a description of the cooking levels of the beef (ie medium rare vs medium, etc) to avoid getting food that is over cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 starsMissipyDined on 7/12/2014Romantic ambience. Only negative was valet staff were slow and unorganized for drop off of vehicleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- averagehorridDined on 7/9/2014for my bf bday and the price i expect more wow factor. i loved my salad that was it. steak was dry. salmon was over cooked and tasted like water no flavor at all. desert was great. and my waitress was awesome.Special Features:
- Romantic interludeFoodie4life77Dined on 7/4/2014This restaurant was a beautiful romantic experience! We were pampered from the minute we walked in. Bob our server made us feel like we were the only ones in the restaurant. The food was phenomenal and the piano music was beautiful!Special Features:
- HafizDined on 6/30/2014MOst enjoyable! Steaks were done to perfection & very tastey. Husband's birthday was well noted with a baked Alaska dessert. Manager, Brandy came over to see if everything was as expected & also noted my husband's birthday. Our waitress was delightful. Always like the ambiance. Sorry Jackie Jocko wasn't there but it was a Mon. Nite & we knew that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor flavor of foodwaitedsolongDined on 6/27/2014I have waited a long time to have an occasion to visit EB Green's. I cannot believe how disappointed I was! My mom had the lobster which was tasteless and tough. The cost was 71.50 for the tail. I had a small filet. Very tasteless meat. The appetizer of coconut shrimp was delicious and the best part of the meal. I tried to get a different sauce for my steak instead of Bearnaise which was not accommodated. Also I have seafood allergies and the fried onions which would normally go on the steak was brought to me on the side. This is a high end restaurant... they could not fry in a pan or offer something else? Two meals and a $200 tab with tip was hardly worth it. I am sorry I did not listen to all of the reviews.
- Great to be back in Buffalorcf17Dined on 6/24/2014My girlfriend and I were on our way back to Buffalo and saw a great Groupon deal for E.B. Greens, so we decided to buy one. Overall, the we found the staff, both servers and managers, to be extremely friendly and knowledgeable and the food was just perfect. We went on a Tuesday and it wasn't crowded, but there was a good flow of people dining. I highly recommend this restaurant, especially for romantic evenings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 416 reviews are from the E.B. Green's Steakhouse reviews archive.