E.B. Green's Steakhouse
Two Fountain Plaza
Buffalo, NY 14202Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
E.B. Green's Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ebgreens.com/
- Phone: 7168554870x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Mark McGranahan
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: We customize to guests requests
- Entertainment: Jackie Jacko Thursday-Friday 5:30pm to 9:30pm
- Special Events: Weddings, Anniversary , Retirements, Businesses Meetings, Doctor, Pharmaceutical Dinners are all Welcome
A word from E.B. Green's Steakhouse
E.B. Green's was named as One of theContinued
Top Ten Steakhouses in America for the sixth year in a row in January 2009.
Top Ten Steakhouses in America for the sixth year in a row in January 2009.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
E.B. Green's Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Buffalo ›
E.B. Green's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (54)romantic (44)neighborhood gem (16)notable wine list (16)fit for foodies (14)good for groups (12)great for lunch (4)late-night find (3)great for brunch (3)hot spot (2)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Could have been bettergrahauDined on 9/12/2014Not bad, a little underwhelming. From what used to be one of Buffalo's best steak houses my wife and I expected more. Best parts of our meals were the salads and appetizers, the cuts of meat were disappointing. This place needs an update.
- Great food64n66Dined on 8/30/2014The 2lb Lobster was one of if not the best my wife ever had and the Porterhouse was excellent!!! The bread was fantastic (we asked for seconds) Service was very attentive and not overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014We had our rehearsal dinner here and were back for our 11th Wedding Anniversary. We have been there a few times in between. Always excellent food. Piano bar music might be a little loud, but most people know that going in. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Great for a special occasion! The food, service, and ambiance are outstanding! I would recommend EB Green's to anyone looking for a fine dining restaurant especially if you are looking for a romantic evening out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buena comida en ambiente agradableCarloDined on 8/18/2014Servicio de aparcacoches gratuito. Si estas en Búfalo y te gusta la carne no te lo pierdas. Servicio agradable
- Great nightSANDYDined on 8/15/2014Went to e.b. green's on friday night. it was great all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well Worth itCeeCeeVIPDined on 8/12/2014Beautiful steakhouse atmosphere, typical menu with several edgy additions. Main courses included a salad and large baked potato. Potato was excellent. Salad was a choice of any on the menu. I had the peach, burrata and arugula salad, yum! Steak was cooked perfectly. Reasonably priced wine list. What more could you ask for. A definite winner!Special Features:
- Jasara1Dined on 8/9/2014We went here for our 23rd Anniversary and it was Outstanding! Our table had rose petals and a long stem rose on it and it was beautiful! Our service was excellent and so was the food!Special Features:
- Really excellentdonotgetoutmuchDined on 8/9/2014Very good service. We were there early, and it was quiet. Food was absolutely FABTASTIC. Best meat we've had in ages. Everything was good, even the coffee! Desserts were very special, not just "the usual." Prices reflect the quality - ideal for a special occasion, or when you want to make a big impression.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/5/2014We've been there before and will go back!! Great service and great food. We thoroughly enjoyed it. Thank you EB Greens.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingHappy2haveUcookDined on 8/3/2014After a big day all we wanted was a GREAT meal - EB Greens fit the bill perfectly. From the host to our server and bus man the staff was friendly and the service excellent. We ordered the porterhouse for two and it was AMAZING!! We recommend this restaurant highly. You won't be disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!plcollins65Dined on 8/3/2014We enjoyed a great dinner with excellent service. Very relaxing and food was cooked to perfection. Highly recommend EB GreensSpecial Features:
- OUTSTANDING!BoobooDined on 8/1/2014To celebrate our 33rd wedding anniversary we visited EB Green's. We were not disappointed. The food was excellent and the service by waiter Sean couldn't have been better. We also found the value to be better than other steak houses in Buffalo. We will return!Special Features:
- Old StandbyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014We arrived at 9:00pm on a Friday night and the place was absolutely packed. The crowd included all types, from those dressed in suits to folks in shorts. The service was OK, not quite to the level I have experienced in the past, but they were very busy. I spoke to and thanked the bus boy several times and chose not to respond, a little strange but no big deal. Also, there was dried food on the inside of my draught beer glass. The waitress was friendly and professional. The tomato and fresh mozzarella salad was excellent and the Caesar just OK. I had the porterhouse steak which was definitely prime. It was about 18 ounces, perfectly seasoned and exactly medium rare. My date has the Lobster Pot Pie and it was delicious as well. A++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Customer ServiceAmazingDined on 7/20/2014What I liked most about this dining experience was our outstanding waitress, Her name was Candy. Very kind and friendly and honestly this made my dining experience go above and beyond expectations. The food was outstanding and so were the drinks. For me, it was a little pricey for a common dining place but is perfect for a special occasion. None the less the food was worth every penny it was so delicious.Special Features:
- okaylike2dineDined on 7/19/2014Steak was over-cooked and was never asked if it was cooked ok, so I just dealt with it. By the time the waiter even came back, I already finished half of it. I asked if I could substitute a soup for my salad and was told yes, but was charged for the soup anyway. When I asked if it was on the bill in error, I was told that I couldn't substitute, so there was some confusion there as well.
- Nice experienceMusicalMomDined on 7/13/2014Very friendly front of house staff. Helpful, personable. The only thing I would suggest is a description of the cooking levels of the beef (ie medium rare vs medium, etc) to avoid getting food that is over cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 starsMissipyDined on 7/12/2014Romantic ambience. Only negative was valet staff were slow and unorganized for drop off of vehicleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- averagehorridDined on 7/9/2014for my bf bday and the price i expect more wow factor. i loved my salad that was it. steak was dry. salmon was over cooked and tasted like water no flavor at all. desert was great. and my waitress was awesome.Special Features:
- Romantic interludeFoodie4life77Dined on 7/4/2014This restaurant was a beautiful romantic experience! We were pampered from the minute we walked in. Bob our server made us feel like we were the only ones in the restaurant. The food was phenomenal and the piano music was beautiful!Special Features:
- HafizDined on 6/30/2014MOst enjoyable! Steaks were done to perfection & very tastey. Husband's birthday was well noted with a baked Alaska dessert. Manager, Brandy came over to see if everything was as expected & also noted my husband's birthday. Our waitress was delightful. Always like the ambiance. Sorry Jackie Jocko wasn't there but it was a Mon. Nite & we knew that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor flavor of foodwaitedsolongDined on 6/27/2014I have waited a long time to have an occasion to visit EB Green's. I cannot believe how disappointed I was! My mom had the lobster which was tasteless and tough. The cost was 71.50 for the tail. I had a small filet. Very tasteless meat. The appetizer of coconut shrimp was delicious and the best part of the meal. I tried to get a different sauce for my steak instead of Bearnaise which was not accommodated. Also I have seafood allergies and the fried onions which would normally go on the steak was brought to me on the side. This is a high end restaurant... they could not fry in a pan or offer something else? Two meals and a $200 tab with tip was hardly worth it. I am sorry I did not listen to all of the reviews.
- Great to be back in Buffalorcf17Dined on 6/24/2014My girlfriend and I were on our way back to Buffalo and saw a great Groupon deal for E.B. Greens, so we decided to buy one. Overall, the we found the staff, both servers and managers, to be extremely friendly and knowledgeable and the food was just perfect. We went on a Tuesday and it wasn't crowded, but there was a good flow of people dining. I highly recommend this restaurant, especially for romantic evenings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Fabuloustwinsmom91103Dined on 6/23/2014We went to E.B. Green's Steakhouse for a birthday celebration. The food was amazing as was the service. Our waiter, Bob, went above and beyond to make our night special!! We will definitely be going back there!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 starsShelly1TenderDined on 6/21/2014Best steak in wny. great selection of steaks and the quality is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- E.B.'s Never DisappointsBobbyDined on 6/15/2014This is one of the finest restaurants in Western New York. An elegant restaurant, the food is always outstanding and of great value. We dine here several times a year, not just on special occasions. To be asssued of a great dining experience, go to E.B. Green's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly Surprised!1ofmyfavesDined on 6/15/2014This was my first time at E.B. Greens. It has been a Buffalo staple for years. I have been spoiled at other area steakhouses in regard to filets, but was pleasantly surprised! The food was wonderful. The place is nice...and it is affordable!!! Will definitely return!!Special Features:
- PERFECTIONShaneyVIPDined on 6/13/2014From beginning to end the entire evening was perfect. Patrick, our server, paced the order with correctly. We were allowed to relax and enjoy our martinis before the food was served. The appetizers were great, the salads very tasty, and the steaks cooked to perfection. What a start to a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost Always Been PleasedFiletlover23Dined on 6/11/2014I've only been disappointed once. I was talked into the prime rib special for two; meat turned out to be very fatty and tough. HOWEVER, otherwise I've always had the filet and was extremely pleased with everything: service, quality of the food and the environment. Hope to return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jdelucaDined on 6/10/2014The service was impeccable. The food was amazing. We had an amazing evening. Thank you for your attention to detail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryDanigrl9876Dined on 6/8/2014My husband and I dined here for our one year anniversary. We had requested a more private and romantic table but unfortunately were stuck right in the middle of a very noisy room. That is the only negative thing about our experience, the food was delicious and our waitress was amazing! She brought us complimentary champagne and even a dessert at the end of our meal, it was so nice! I would definitely come back to this place but make sure to request perhaps a window seat if you are celebrating a romantic evening. The tables around us were so loud and obnoxious is just didn't feel that romantic. We both had strip streak, it was cooked perfectly! I had a side of sautéed mushrooms which were cooked well but lacked flavor. Overall, we are happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayDined on 6/6/2014We had never been to E.B. Green's Steakhouse and have wanted to try it for quite some time. We live in the Southtowns and do not get into Buffalo very much. We were looking for a really nice place to take out daughter and her boyfriend to dinner to celebrate her 19th birthday. I went on line and was able to make a reservation for the same evening. Under special requests I noted that it was my daughters 19th birthday. When we walked in we were presently greeted and my daughter was wished a happy birthday! We really enjoyed the piano music during dinner.The food and the service were outstanding! We will definately visit again!Special Features:
- Great place!!!drm685Dined on 5/31/2014The restaurant went above and beyond to make our celebation one to remember. I highly recommend E.B. Green's for special occasions. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EB Greens was AwesomeAudKDined on 5/31/2014We had a wonderful meal and time at EB Greens. The staff made us feel very comfortable and made our meal enjoyable and memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 404 reviews are from the E.B. Green's Steakhouse reviews archive.
- Bathrooms need workNaugahideDined on 5/16/2014With a high class establishment should come a more pleasant rest room. Walk into Wegmans with a pad and paper and take note on how a bathroom should look and smell.Special Features:
- First time - Loved it!DirectorDebDined on 5/15/2014We chose EB Greens because our college graduate wanted a steakhouse and we had heard good things. We were very impressed with the food and the service. Everything was wonderful and I would recommend this place to everyone. The monkey bread was also amazing!Special Features:
- Well doneNitpickerDined on 5/11/2014Excellent service, always a very good meal. Ambience could use a good update/refresh.Special Features:
- Wonderful Evening at E.B. Green'sGeorgeDined on 5/10/2014We keep coming back as it is dining experience where I am never disappointed. Everything was first-rate and we will be back in the near future.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/3/2014When with my husband and his family for my husband's birthday. A wonderful place and excellent food and service.Special Features:
- Acceptable but not exceptionalBirthdaydinerDined on 5/3/2014Experience was ok, atmosphere is nice, have had better steaks, lobster tail was fabulous, but server was overly anxious and we felt like he was trying to get rid of us. For the $300 we spent, we have had monumentally better experiences. Glad we tried it but won't go back.