212 S. Kingshighway
St. Louis, MO 63108Neighborhood:
Central West End
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chaseparkplaza.com/
- Phone: 3144549000x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:00am - 10:00am
Saturday 6:00am - 11:00am
Sunday 6:00am - 9:30am
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm -11:00pm
Closed for Dinner on Sunday & Monday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Kyle Lipetzky
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Our private wine room accommodates up to 40 guests and is perfect for business diners, presentations, rehearsal diners, and special occasions.
- Private Party Contact: Stephanie Pinto 8664720219
A word from Eau Bistro
Eau Bistro is located in the heart of the Central West End within the historic Chase Park Plaza at Lindell and Kingshighway. Enjoy fine cuisine while you relax in one of the cozy oversized banquettes or private dining alcoves. Chef De Cuisine Jason Paterno and his talented crew tantalize you with their famous four-course tasting menu prepared specifically for your tastes or enjoy Eau Bistro’s seasonally fresh ala carte menu. The delightful wine list boasts over 200 labels and highlights your favorite California, French and Australian producers. The most amazing service staff is ever attentive, knowledgeable and promises to please. Eau Bistro offers St. Louis’s favorite Sunday Brunch with made-to-order omelets, carving stations, fresh seafood display, and delectable desserts, always with complimentary Mimosas and Bloody Marys.Continued
- Complimentary self and valet parking -
- Complimentary self and valet parking -
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Eau Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (5)good for groups (2)romantic (1)great for outdoor dining (1)vibrant bar scene (1)special occasion (1)fit for foodies (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Sunday brunchCocoDined on 10/4/2014We enjoyed a delicious brunch at Eau Bistro. There was a variety of food available on the buffet. The wait staff was attentive and made sure we were never without drinks.Special Features:
- jacobVIPDined on 10/3/2014good food that is overpriced. with a menu that is oriented to meat eaters. one fish dish on the menu.
- GreatLuvthisplaceDined on 9/28/2014My family does a "GIRLS" day out here about 4 times a year and it is always great!Special Features:
- Elegant SettingDenaliVIPDined on 7/24/2014Good food served in an elegant setting. The Chase Hotel is a landmark unlike any being built today. It is always a treat to eat in such a setting, with good service, and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingGatewayIDamyDined on 7/20/2014One word, Amazing!!! Sunday Brunch at the Bistro is a devine treat!!Special Features:
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/20/2014Was very good would go to brunch there again. Delicious seafoodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 195 reviews are from the Eau Bistro reviews archive.
- ThisplacenotsogoodThisplacenotsogoodDined on 6/7/2014It took a bit for someone to take our drink order. The food was good but my drink became empty 3 times. This is unexceptable. I will not revisit due to this and the dinner isit the night before. No chance for a third strike. Your out
- Not so goodThisplacenotsogoodDined on 6/6/2014We had a 6:30 reservation for two. There wet no scallops left. The waiter was excellent but over worked. He had 4 tables plus a party of 20. My wife's meal was delivered wrong but made good. The food was excellent. The waiter could have used some support but your Vegas pit boss manager wasn't up for helping. I would not recommend this establishment to anyone. You have a one star restaraunt in a five star hotel. I was disappointed.
- Yummy!Foodie75Dined on 6/1/2014Best prime rib at a brunch, and bottomless mimosas or bloody Mary's. Worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- St. Louis' best kept secretOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/30/2014We've been dining here for tears and this has been the best yet! Excellent service, fantastic menu with a seasonal flair as well as fresh, delicious food. Everything is made in-house and it shows. We will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2014This was one of the best meals I have ever had!!!! I dont give out that type of compliment often.Special Features:
- First Class BrunchLizSTLDined on 5/4/2014Food choices are excellent and beautifully displayed. Restaurant setting is elegant and service is quietly efficient.Special Features:
- Easter BrunchRRKRDined on 4/20/2014The Easter Brunch at Eau Bistro was one of the best dining experiences we have had. From the reservation and check-in efficiency and friendly staff, to the exceptional wait staff and the outstanding food, this could not have been better. The tables were clean, set and not too close together on a very busy day. The quality, freshness and variety of the food was perfect. Even the weather cooperated to allow for the surrounding scenery to polish off the delightful Easter celebration. Our server was one of the best. She was friendly and attentive without being over the top. Perfect!Special Features:
- Make A HitThomasVIPDined on 4/6/2014It was meaningful to introduce new people to what has become our top-of-the-line favorite for brunch. Having traveled to many nice places, Eau Bistro compares favorably with the best, and this will be what out-of-town or first time visitors will rate as an elegant and gastronomically superior experience.Special Features:
- We went the Saturday afterOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/15/2014We went the Saturday after Valentines day & had a lovely dinner. The food was very good but pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never had sea bass like this beforeEatoutoftenDined on 12/31/2013Sea bass was poorly cut, prepared and presented. On the other hand, my wife rave about the scallop entree.Special Features:
- Nice Christmas Brunch, exceptOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/25/2013Nice Christmas Brunch, except for a few minor glitches a wonderful experience. The experiment with the bacon eggs Benedict did not work out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service & Vegan CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/20/2013Although we loved having our anniversary dinner for the 3rd consecutive year, and the vegan meal we receive is outstanding, we wish that Eau Bistro would consider serving some no-alcohol options.Special Features:
- Excellent food, service falls shortcraigprusDined on 11/30/2013Huge discrepancy between food quality and service quality. Dishes were fresh, creative, well-conceived and executed. Waiter was friendly and well-informed about the menu, but he just wasn't attentive. This was especially surprising as, there were only 3-4 occupied tables in the restaurant. Basic service needs were not met. Waited 10 minutes for a glass of wine. Ordered a pricey red wine for dinner and asked that it be brought out and opened to breathe. It arrived 20-25 minutes later. Water glasses went unfilled. Food debris remained on the table when dessert was served. Noise and smoke from open kitchen were excessive. Locals must know something, nearly empty place on Saturday night. No one seemed in charge. No one actively managing.Special Features:
- T-giving eveningfamniteoutDined on 11/28/2013Family in town and did not want to cook. Salads were excellent esp Endive salad. Salmon,Seabass, Ravioli, and Papardelle excellent. Desserts left a lot to be desired. Service was mixed. Server not familiar with the menu. Water spilled on my wife by busboy without an apology from him. Stains on the table cloth. Server had difficulty opening wine. Willing and accomodating to providing additional sides. Server was professional and apologized for bus boy. Reasonably priced but not inexpensive. Would definitely go back but would avoid the desserts. Suspect the issues with the service had to do with it being t-giving day. Typically not a fan of hotel restaurants but really did not feel like a hotel restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful anniversary dateStlBoilerDined on 11/23/2013My wife and I were celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary. We really enjoyed our experience. Our waiter was AWESOME! Very friendly, funny, and easy to talk to. Explained every dish when he brought it to us. The ambience was very comfortable. Although the portions weren't very large relative to the price, the flavor was extraordinary. We'd dine there again.Special Features:
- Awesome brunchJaneDined on 11/10/2013They had me at Bloody Mary bar - received a glass with ice and vodka and I filled it with the tomato juice of my choice and plenty of additives like horse radish, carrots, olives, peppers, etc. The brunch was an All You Can Eat and the food selection was a nice mix of breakfast and lunch. The coffee reminded me of good diner coffee. It was delicious. I will go back again. It was really special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchBruStLDined on 10/27/2013We went here for Sunday Brunch for my birthday celebration. I'll start by saying it is a little expensive at $40 per person. One can find equal food quality and service at other places for $25 or so. The main Brunch area included 2 salads, assorted fruits, cheeses, shrimp, sushi, crab legs, salmon with rice, assorted steamed vegetables, eggs Benedict, bacon, eggs, and I'm sure I'm forgetting some more. A separate area included Omelette maker with mushrooms, red/green peppers, tomatoes, bacon, 2 cheeses, and more! He also offered a Prime Rib which was his own rub and was excellent! Another area had desserts, a crepe maker which could have had more ingredients, but they were quite tasty. The assorted desserts were AMAZING!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded expectationsmgggDined on 10/18/2013We really enjoyed our dinner at Eau Bistro. This was our first visit. Restaurant was refreshingly quiet for a friday evening. We found this suprising as the food and service were both excellent. We had the gnocchi and short ribs. Short ribs were very tender and flavorful. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service made the night!BingoDined on 10/11/2013We were celebrating a birthday and were the first ones there - our server was the best we have had for a long time! He knew his wine and really steered us in the right direction. He was the sommelier. Wonderful food and we are big foodies. We had the asparagus salad which the name does not do it justice - wonderful way to have asparagus with an egg on top and truffle oil. We had the Sea bass and scallops for dinner and they were amazing. The night ended with the raspberry chocolate cake. Excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with the familyChrisjtDined on 9/25/2013The service was very slow and inattentive. My meal was barely warm, not a great way to eat Halibut. My cocktail was served 10 minutes after everyone else's. Very disappointed. And it wasn't cheap! The menu is fairly limited as well.Special Features:
- Excellent!!!WestminsterDined on 9/7/2013First time to eat ate Eau Bistro and everything was excellent!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- snobby serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2013Food was good but waiter had an attitude that was off-putting. At first he was cordial and helpful. However there were several comments that were snippy and inappropriate. For example, he removed the printed menu after my husband placed the butter dish on top of it and said rather haughtily "we just printed them." It had the air of chiding...he could have accomplished his purpose in a much more polite and subtle manner. Below in the "private note to restaurant section" is more detail. I would not recommend Eau Bistro because of this rude service.
- Sunday Brunch at Eau BistroRedWinerDined on 8/25/2013Eau Bistro - great atmosphere and good service . Many items to choose from but no hash browns or any type of potato dish to go with the breakfast meats and eggs. Lots of fish options from shrimp to crab legs, salmon, trout & mahi mahi. Great pancakes. Enjoyable. As someone who rarely eats brunch, I wonder if there are other options that are not as overpriced. After adding gratuity, over $100 per couple seems pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2013We love getting dressed up (like real adults) and going to the Chase Park Plaza cinema for 'date night'. Usually we dine elsewhere and end up at the cinema, but this time, thought we'd give Eau Bistro a shot. We were not disappointed at all, even though we chose menu items that were not our 'normal' fare - everything was incredible! We shared the Alaskan Crab (salad), Spring Onion Soup, Gnocci, and the Branzino Sea Bass. Oh, and the Carrot Cake Waffle for desert. Our waiter, Lincoln, was top notch. For example, I spilled a little of my French onion soup, and he didn't say a word as he very quickly and nonchalantly removed my napkin (that I used to clean it up) and placed another. Very professional. It truly is a hidden gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was mediocdore and certainlyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/23/2013Food was mediocdore and certainly not worth the price.
- Excellent food - everythingHaditVIPDined on 6/16/2013Excellent food - everything we tried was top-notch! We will be back! Probably is the best Sunday Brunch in St. Louis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Managing Fathers' Day with FlairOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/16/2013Even on a busy family holiday, Eau Bistro maintains wonderful food and excellent service. Thank you for your work, Eau Bistro!Special Features:
- Beware BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/16/2013My family and I have gone to Eau Bistro for Father's Day Brunch for years. We love a buffet and this one is small, but well curated. The service is often erratic, but since it's a buffet, you don't need a server except for beverages. This year was worse than ever. It was as if we were in the Bermuda Triangle of service. It's one thing to be forgotten, it's another thing to be ignored. Between the four of us, we reached out to the hostess, a bus person, and three managers. Each of them would acknowledge us while we were talking to them and provide us with one basic thing, like water, or a single glass of wine, then we'd be left to our own devices. Very disappointing service for what is usually a special treat.Special Features:
- is becoming one of our favoritesfeestdaddyVIPDined on 5/25/2013This is a hidden gem. There is great variety on the menu -something for everyone. Trying not to sound too corny, your mouth will enjoy the night out. The chefs did a great job experimenting with unique tastes, and the service (Jay) was terrific! I probably would have been happy with either the great food or great service (they both were that good). this was our second trip in 6 months, and were very happy both times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh,oh,EauWylder5Dined on 5/25/2013We decided to do a tasting of the menu with wine pairings. FANTASTIC!!! Jay was an attentive server with manners to give us quiet time. Theron presented the prepared tastings Nd explained what they were. So nice to have the chef come out! Definitely going back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- St. Louis Favorite!loftdwellerDined on 5/12/2013We have become regulars at Mango. Their food is excellent. We have eaten almost everything offered on the menu and have been so please. I personally love their Sangria, too. It's not the usual fruity wine. I'm not sure what's in it but I love it.Special Features:
- Brunch was "tired"OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/5/2013We've been to brunch at Eau several times, and this last Sunday, everything looked like it was unreplenished, had been sitting around too long, and was about to be put it away. And our reservation was at 11:00! Halibut was overcooked, dry and sitting on dried out rice, baked eggs (2 in the chafing dish) looked dry and shrivelled, only a few oysters on ice, etc. Eau is a "big spread brunch."Coffee, juice, mimosas and bloody marys are included. Desserts are beautiful and delicious. Service was friendly and professional. We had 4 in our party, and the tab with tip was $200 something. Considering the quality/condition of the food, I would not recommend it.Special Features:
- wonderful experiencesportsfanDined on 5/5/2013Eau Bistro was an excellent choice for brunch! The service was exceptional! We had a party of five and were seated in a private dining area. The varieties of food served was good - and all were delicious! If you like a spicy bloody mary be sure to try them at brunch. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I should have asked aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/28/2013I should have asked about the price of the brunch before we went. If I knew how expensive the meal was we would not have gone there. The food was very good and plentiful.Special Features: