1055 Lexington Avenue
New York, NY 10021Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.eatsonlex.com/
- Phone: (212) 396-3287
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 8:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeremy Spector
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Eats
Featuring fresh oysters, signature burgers and specialty martinis, this newly opened restaurant on the Upper East Side at Lex & 75th, 2 blocks south of the 77th St. stop on the 4 and 6 lines, 3 blocks east of Central Park and the Whitney Museum features the new American Cuisine. Restaurants serve Time Out NY’s Best New Burgers in NYC.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Eats reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (55)great for lunch (28)fit for foodies (23)great for brunch (14)kid-friendly (13)vibrant bar scene (13)good for groups (10)romantic (9)hot spot (9)special occasion (7)great for outdoor dining (5)late-night find (5)scenic view (3)notable wine list (3)Show More
- ImafoodieVIPDined on 11/16/2014We had our usual steak burgers with the trimmings. Everything was good. Our new waiter was very nice and attentive without being in our faces. We both liked him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/14/2014My roommate and I were looking for a place to eat and Eats came up. For how expensive everything was, we expected MUCH better. I will not be going back, but if I did, I would probably only get the ceviche.
- great valuemaportsVIPDined on 11/6/2014The food is very good and prices are reasonable for Manhattan. The martinis are excellent and worth going for.Special Features:
- ImafoodieVIPDined on 11/2/2014Our new server was very nice and our burgers with the trimmings were good as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spot for lunchmelitatdVIPDined on 10/29/2014Their $15 prix fixe lunch is good value. Sandwiches were quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burgers, Oysters, and Wine, OH MY!ginneymcDined on 10/27/2014If you are an oyster lover, trust me, eat at EATS. This a neighborhood gem, a classic NYC 'local' experience. My husband and I crave this place and try to come each time we are in the city. The french fries are so worthy of eating! Shoestring style, crunchy and hot. The burgers rival any in town. Never too crowded, but has a lively atmosphere. When the weather is temperate, the doors and windows are open.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImafoodieVIPDined on 10/19/2014We had our usual steak burgers with the trimmings and, as usual, enjoyed it. I had my kale pear salad which is always good and also healthful. The place was packed tonight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should come here more often!kbnyVIPDined on 10/18/2014Hadn't been here in over a year - don't know why. The food is great & our server could not have been nicer. Love the Kale/pear salad and the pumpkin gnocchi were wonderful. Daughter had perfectly cooked salmon and roasted cauliflower - both also fantastic. All this for $90 total including tip. They even refilled iced tea and soda gratis. Great food, reasonably priced in an unpretentious place with friendly solicitous servers - what more could you want?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealBrianDined on 10/17/2014Went here on Friday night with a friend. We shared the kale pear salad and roasted cauliflower for apps. I had the spaghetti pomodoro and she had the lamb burger for main courses. We both enjoyed everything.Special Features:
- Burger HeavenAndreaVIPDined on 10/17/2014This is my new favorite burger place. Cooked to perfection, toppings of choice and perfect brioche bun. Add oysters with a great white wine on a Friday night after work. It's a neighborhood gem with a friendly ambience and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch was goodworkingirlDined on 10/15/2014I went here with someone I had not seen for a long time and we wanted to catch up. It was quiet. We were not rushed. The staff were attentive without hovering and the food was good. What more can you ask for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImafoodieVIPDined on 10/12/2014We had no complaint with our waitor but we did have a problem waiting 50 minutes for an order of burgers. We've been coming to this restaurant on a regular basis for several years. This is the first time we had to sit there and wait for almost an hour. It would have been courteous for the manager to come over and explain why this was happening. When we asked one of the other staff, we were told they had a lot of deliveries to make. Really??? So let your in restaurant customers wait? Our waiter apologized and the food was good, as usual, but to let people wait that long without giving some explanation is not excusable. The restaurant was no more or less crowded than usual.Special Features:
- Great brunch!FoodieDined on 10/12/2014A great place for a Sunday brunch. The service was excellent and very personal.Special Features:
- Wonderful food; excellent service.LoisVDined on 10/6/2014Had a great time with very tasty food and attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImafoodieVIPDined on 10/5/2014We had our usual steak burgers with the trimmings. My kale pear salad was delicious and tasted better than usual even though I always get it. Our server was new and did a great job. He got all the details right on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImafoodieVIPDined on 9/28/2014They have a new manager who was going to charge an extra $2 for cheddar cheese on my friend's burger. Really? And to top it off, they never told their waitstaff. Not good for business since it's also not on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, blah foodFlashCatDined on 9/26/2014We bought a Groupon voucher for 24 oysters and two alcoholic drinks which was excellent value for money. Unfortunately, the other dishes we ordered with our meal were a complete letdown. Both the roasted brussels sprouts and cauliflower in some sort of broth were not cooked through and barely had any flavor. We did, however, love the friendly and very professional service. Pity their hard work was let down by the kitchen.Special Features:
- Quite a disappointment...GrasshopperDined on 9/26/2014Am not even sure why it is listed on Open Table. Bread was stale, fries tasted refried, fried oysters mostly batter accompanied by soggy salad. Restaurant itself did not look very inviting from outside that we wanted to turn back. Went in anyway - restroom not too clean. Yuck! Pls. take off your list.
- Great staffAjeeVIPDined on 9/22/2014we ended up just having drinks and coffee which were both great. The coffee is french press and wonderful. Great ambiance and friendly staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SlowOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/21/2014The waiter was in training so the service on his part was expected to be slower. But the kitchen was so slow, we waited an hour for food. The food when it came was good, but the order was mixed up, the burgers were not cooked properly for the people who ordered them. We ate them any way because we had waited so long.Special Features:
- ImafoodieVIPDined on 9/14/2014We had our usual steak burgers, mine with a kale pear salad and my friend had the usual trimmings. We enjoyed our meals.Special Features:
- 82muchVIPDined on 9/11/2014Don't want to tell you how good this place is....I want to be able to get a reservation whenever I can. I would have lunch and dinner here every day. It's THAT good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a coffee shopSuereveiwDined on 9/7/2014We came for brunch. The food was really bad, sorry. The people were nice that worked there. Started off on a bad note, because the bathroom was not clean - no soap. They took care of this immediately. This is just a coffee shop, basically.
- EATS lots!saintmaeVIPDined on 9/6/2014Great restaurant and wonderful server, Alexa. Chocolate Raspberry Martini was delicious and all our food was wonderful. Try the seafood paella and my lamb burger was so tasty. The Salmon was delicious as were the roasted brussel sprouts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DecentKatieBDined on 9/2/2014My visit to eats was decent - food was subpar, service was slightly better, and the air conditioning was blasting in my eye the whole time. Best thing we got was probably the parpadelle pasta dish and the worst was the risotto. Brussels sprouts were overcooked. Oysters were fine, nothing to write home about.Special Features:
- Upper East Side BrunchnaekcnycDined on 9/1/2014My friends and I had a wonderful brunch on Labor Day. There were seven of us, and they gave us our own back room, which was full of windows. It was lovely. I had a breakfast burrito with scrambled eggs, salsa, cheese and black beans. It was delicious. The kale and pecorino and pear salad was a perfect accompaniment. There were just enough choices without being overwhelmed. Highly recommend it.Special Features:
- ImafoodieVIPDined on 8/31/2014Beef burger with melted swiss cheese, caramelized onions, mustard sauce & pickles ordered with a kale pear salad. Perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was ok-OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014food was fine and the waitress was kind and nice. but nothing special, everything was just okay-Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better Than ExpectedProfessorVIPDined on 8/29/2014Not to be confused (as we did) with Eli Zabar's E.A.T. on East 81st Street, this restaurant has its own charm and a delicious menu that was far better in reality than what we have come to expect locally. Although described correctly on the menu, the portions of food were hefty and freshly prepared at every stage. We began with glazed chicken livers and salad, then a sushi-grade BLT made with fresh Tuna beautifully seared along the edges, and an order of fried oysters. It was exactly what we wanted and served to perfection. Pure serendipity, as we went there thinking it was E.A.T. and we ended up being fully satisfied at a reasonable price level. Thank you for your excellent kitchen.Special Features:
- EatsFrenhsk8VIPDined on 8/25/2014We were looking for a casual brunch on a Monday. We liked the online menu at Eats so decided to try it. It was a little early for lunch for us and we were initially disappointed that their brunch menu is only available on weekends. There was an omelet on the menu which we both tried. It was delicious. We liked the menu selections for a later lunch and plan to return to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dsgnchickVIPDined on 8/19/2014great kale salad and hamburger! servers are lovely!Special Features:
- JUST OKwildmonkeyDined on 8/19/2014The waitstaff was ok. Very sweet, a new girl was training. However, the food was mediocre. Ordered the charcuterie, it was like going to the grocery store and buying packaged stuff. The oysters were not so great. My husband ordered the burger - which he liked but was not OMG great, I ordered the cornish hen which was also good but not great. Even though the girls were very sweet, the level of attentiveness was not there ie didn't offer us desert or coffee at end of meal, etc. Will I be rushing back - no.Special Features:
- Excellent Dinner SpotThisDoulalovesgoodfoodDined on 8/9/2014We ordered drinks, French fries atop steamed mussels in a white wine broth, shrimp mac and cheese, kale Caesar salad, and strip steak that was grilled to perfection with creamy mashed potatoes and fresh grilled vegetables. I could not be pleased more. Everything was fantastic, from the service to the ambiance to the meal. They did not disappoint and we will visit again.Special Features:
- Excellent lamb burgerTravelDinerDined on 8/8/2014Great neighborhood spot on the upper east side with great window seating. You can enjoy watching the people pass by. Excellent burgers and tasty fries. Nice to have some Brussel sprouts substituted too if you prefer. The lamb burger is especially good and the accompanying fries seasoned perfectly. Lamb burger and a glass of wine make a nice meal anytime of day. Service was friendly and easy going yet very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oysters a specialty?kikiVIPDined on 8/3/2014I had the fried oysters (house specialty). They were overcooked and greasy.
- dsgnchickVIPDined on 8/2/2014love the burgers!! (and, of course, the irresistible fries) - and our waitress could not have been nicerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good findNeighborDined on 8/1/2014A nice alternative to Orsay - excellent kale salad and seared tuna/avocado sandwich. Prices great for the area!Special Features:
- a must Eats!!!ConflictedDined on 7/25/2014Every dish I had here was very good! I had the Kale caesar which was super yummy and so huge i couldn't finish it! The Fig Cosmo was even better than the traditional cosmo...I plan to get a bottle of the liquor they used. The burger was super fatty which made it juicy and melt in your mouth. It almost tasted like there was foie gras in the caramelized onions....I ordered it rare, which in retrospect was probably a poor decision on my part as it didnt agree with me later that night. Thank god I made it home in time! If I were ever in the area again, I would totally come back. I would just order my burger a little more cooked.Special Features:
- good stuffchubbs31Dined on 7/25/2014Got oysters with groupon, amazing deal - really fresh food, good martinis and very lovely, attentive service.Special Features:
- Eat at EatsXenadivaDined on 7/25/2014Eats is a lovely little oasis on Lex. The food is tasty, the bartender rocks... Who could ask for anything more?Special Features:
- The following 220 reviews are from the Eats reviews archive.