1055 Lexington Avenue
New York, NY 10021Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.eatsonlex.com/
- Phone: 2123963287x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 8:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeremy Spector
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Eats
Featuring fresh oysters, signature burgers and specialty martinis, this newly opened restaurant on the Upper East Side at Lex & 75th, 2 blocks south of the 77th St. stop on the 4 and 6 lines, 3 blocks east of Central Park and the Whitney Museum features the new American Cuisine. Restaurants serve Time Out NY’s Best New Burgers in NYC.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Eats reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (52)great for lunch (22)fit for foodies (14)great for brunch (13)romantic (9)good for groups (8)great for outdoor dining (8)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (6)special occasion (6)hot spot (4)scenic view (3)notable wine list (1)Show More
- EatsFrenhsk8VIPDined on 8/25/2014We were looking for a casual brunch on a Monday. We liked the online menu at Eats so decided to try it. It was a little early for lunch for us and we were initially disappointed that their brunch menu is only available on weekends. There was an omelet on the menu which we both tried. It was delicious. We liked the menu selections for a later lunch and plan to return to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dsgnchickVIPDined on 8/19/2014great kale salad and hamburger! servers are lovely!Special Features:
- JUST OKwildmonkeyDined on 8/19/2014The waitstaff was ok. Very sweet, a new girl was training. However, the food was mediocre. Ordered the charcuterie, it was like going to the grocery store and buying packaged stuff. The oysters were not so great. My husband ordered the burger - which he liked but was not OMG great, I ordered the cornish hen which was also good but not great. Even though the girls were very sweet, the level of attentiveness was not there ie didn't offer us desert or coffee at end of meal, etc. Will I be rushing back - no.Special Features:
- Excellent Dinner SpotThisDoulalovesgoodfoodDined on 8/9/2014We ordered drinks, French fries atop steamed mussels in a white wine broth, shrimp mac and cheese, kale Caesar salad, and strip steak that was grilled to perfection with creamy mashed potatoes and fresh grilled vegetables. I could not be pleased more. Everything was fantastic, from the service to the ambiance to the meal. They did not disappoint and we will visit again.Special Features:
- Excellent lamb burgerTravelDinerDined on 8/8/2014Great neighborhood spot on the upper east side with great window seating. You can enjoy watching the people pass by. Excellent burgers and tasty fries. Nice to have some Brussel sprouts substituted too if you prefer. The lamb burger is especially good and the accompanying fries seasoned perfectly. Lamb burger and a glass of wine make a nice meal anytime of day. Service was friendly and easy going yet very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oysters a specialty?kikiVIPDined on 8/3/2014I had the fried oysters (house specialty). They were overcooked and greasy.
- dsgnchickVIPDined on 8/2/2014love the burgers!! (and, of course, the irresistible fries) - and our waitress could not have been nicerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good findNeighborDined on 8/1/2014A nice alternative to Orsay - excellent kale salad and seared tuna/avocado sandwich. Prices great for the area!Special Features:
- a must Eats!!!ConflictedDined on 7/25/2014Every dish I had here was very good! I had the Kale caesar which was super yummy and so huge i couldn't finish it! The Fig Cosmo was even better than the traditional cosmo...I plan to get a bottle of the liquor they used. The burger was super fatty which made it juicy and melt in your mouth. It almost tasted like there was foie gras in the caramelized onions....I ordered it rare, which in retrospect was probably a poor decision on my part as it didnt agree with me later that night. Thank god I made it home in time! If I were ever in the area again, I would totally come back. I would just order my burger a little more cooked.Special Features:
- good stuffchubbs31Dined on 7/25/2014Got oysters with groupon, amazing deal - really fresh food, good martinis and very lovely, attentive service.Special Features:
- Eat at EatsXenadivaDined on 7/25/2014Eats is a lovely little oasis on Lex. The food is tasty, the bartender rocks... Who could ask for anything more?Special Features:
- ImafoodieVIPDined on 7/19/2014We had our usual. Steak burgers, salad, et . Good.Special Features:
- ImafoodieVIPDined on 7/9/2014Tonight we tried the cauliflower appetizer, the mesculin and beet salad, roasted Brussels sprouts, Cornish hen entree and steak burger. My friend didn't like the Brussels sprouts side dish but enjoyed everything else. For dessert, he had the keylime tart. That was a bit expensive for a dessert but he enjoyed it. Our waiter, Andrew, was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImafoodieVIPDined on 6/29/2014What a lovely evening to be sitting by their open windows enjoying a good meal with a friend. Another good evening at Eats.Special Features:
- Cat2152VIPDined on 6/28/2014Burger was great; seafood sampler was generous; oysters were particularly good, especially the Pacific coast ones; portions overall were generous and priced appropriately. The service was very attentive and made good recommendations about drinks and food choices. We were seated immediately and given the perfect table for two and had our water glasses refilled three times before even ordering (which was remarkable). Overall a great experience that I hope to repeat again soon.Special Features:
- The best burger aroundLiam461VIPDined on 6/24/2014the service was excellent, my waitress was very friendly and attentive.the burger was delicious one of the best I've ever had right down the caramelized onions.the pop out windows made you feel like you were sitting outdoorsbut without the pedestrians walking right on top of you.I would definitely recommend going to this restaurant to othersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImafoodieVIPDined on 6/22/2014We're here just about once a week. You must try their Kale pear salad. Healthful and refreshing in the Summer months. Steakburgers are juicy. It's lovely to sit near the open windows on a Summer night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- solid spotNYCJulieDined on 6/21/2014This was my second visit to Eats. Both times the apps and drinks were outstanding but the mains were just adequate. I'd come again though because the apps were so good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImafoodieVIPDined on 6/14/2014Everything was great, as usual. We sat by the open windows and enjoyed the Spring breeze.Special Features:
- ImafoodieVIPDined on 6/8/2014We had our burgers and I had my kale pear salad with it. Always looking to see what others are eating. Someone had paella and it looked good. Allergic to shell fish, I can just wish I could eat it. All was good as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late Night OysterswayneplumpDined on 6/3/2014We've passed EATS many times but had not stopped in. We bought a groupon for 2 dozen oysters and 2 drinks (including their full Martini list) for a very reasonable $39. They are open until 11PM so we decided to stop in after a movie on Tuesday night. We arrived at 9:30 and the dining room was reasonably attended. The oysters were fresh and briny and my wife particularly enjoyed her Cucumber Martini. I noticed a sign in the window behind us that EATS won a top place in a Best NY Burger contest so we decided to split one. It was really good- juicy and flavorful. I don't know that we'll consider EATS for a regular rotation for dinner but we definitely will for something more than a snack.Special Features:
- Nice staff, food, and convenientluvFoodJoeVIPDined on 6/2/2014I enjoyed eating at Eats. All the staff were nice. I had a great view of the street and the burger tasted good. Thank you.Special Features:
- ImafoodieVIPDined on 6/1/2014I took a friend who never ate here before and she loved it. We both had steak burgers and kale pear salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImafoodieVIPDined on 5/25/2014Two thumbs up for their Kale Pear Salad and their steakburgers. Their french fries are good too although I try to keep away from them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was a fine experienceMichelleVIPDined on 5/23/2014Nothing about this restaurant rocked my world. Average ambiance, food, service. Its ok but not out of this world.
- VIPreviewerVIPDined on 5/23/2014Too noisy too salty. Why? I did get my opentable points so at least they are honest.
- Over priced and bland food.OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/23/2014I won't be surprised if this place goes out if business. The appetizers we had were bland (steak tartar and French onion soup). They were also the same price as entrees. We were eyeing the mac and cheese appetizer but when the waitress told us it's not even big enough to share, for $16 we decided to skip. The saving grace of the meal were the burgers. They were good (not great). The bun was nice and buttery. I got brussel sprouts as a side and they were soggy. The fries were ok. Overall, we will not be going back.Special Features:
- Totally dependableOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/19/2014to deliver quality food with an attentive wait staff.Special Features:
- nothing specialtomayVIPDined on 5/17/2014should be 2.5 stars- really nothing special here at all- more like a diner than anything else- food ok but not more than that- too many choices to include this place in the mix
- ImafoodieVIPDined on 5/17/2014We both had our usual, the steak burgers. Everything was good as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bistro for all seasonsshelken1202VIPDined on 5/10/2014An UES spot with all the vibe of downtown. Great mix of people all there for a good meal, good friends and good value. The menu will satisfy most fussy palates. The oysters (their specialty) are always fresh and fairly priced. Great bar and creative mixed drinks. Overall, a very satisfying night out in the nabe.Special Features:
- TravelerVIPDined on 5/9/2014Very accommodating and good fare in a nice setting near the hospitalSpecial Features:
- What a find!SpiderDined on 5/7/2014I really wish this restaurant around the corner from where I live. The food was terrific and the service excellent. Will definitley return without a Groupon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and atmosphere just rightbeenthereDined on 5/5/2014We were drawn to Eats by the review of the burgers - and my burger did not disappoint. Simple but perfectly prepared, juicy, and flavorful. Fries were also among the best I have eaten. The menu otherwise looked great, too. My wife had the pumpkin gnocchi, which was wonderful. Everyone was friendly and the neighborhood atmosphere was easy and relatively quiet. Refreshing easy rock music (tired of the tech-no heard in a lot of similar restaurants these days)... OK - I'm over 50... This was a good cross between great food and easy going, casual atmosphere. The waiter was excellent - just the right amount of attention, friendly, informative. Will return next time in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImafoodieVIPDined on 5/4/2014Everything was good. We love their burgers and the service was excellent. Only problem was a lady sitting behind us. Her voice was particularly loud and disturbing and, although there was no one else sitting near us, we could hardly hear each other speak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nice!CakesVIPDined on 5/3/2014Good food, nice environment. We got to sit where we could basically be outside because all the windows opened up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MadeleineVIPDined on 5/3/2014Mainly creative comfort food, moderately priced, and casual. Good for lunch, but crowded and noisy.
- The following 194 reviews are from the Eats reviews archive.
- 1st dinner in our new neighborhoodgourmetshrinkVIPDined on 4/28/2014We were struck by the friendliness of the staff. Our Kale Caesars seemed freshly prepared, generous in size, and quite good. There are 3 varieties of burgers, steak, lamb and salmon. We both chose the steakburgers, and felt they were unusually good.The fries were worth the calories. True, we didn't test the kitchen with our selections, but it is always noteworthy when everything goes just fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid place close to WhitneytruegridVIPDined on 4/26/2014We had the burger- very good; kale bisque soup, very good, although less salt would be better; gulf shrimp - very good; salmon burger, also good, and a kale pear salad that was large and good. Drinks were fine. Service was ok, although neglected to deliver a soup spoon with soup and had to ask 2x.Its a good choice if at frick or whitney - although whitney now moving.Special Features:
- great serviceajbatesonDined on 4/25/2014What struck me the most was our service. Our server had the amazing talent of understanding exactly when to approach a table. She wasn't there too often and she wasn't there too seldom. A girlfriend and I were there until they almost closed and she never hurried us out. The food was a tasty and the drinks were delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.