527 Brant Street
Burlington, ON L7R 2G6Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.eatalia.ca/
- Phone: 9056343300
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 4:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Jose Hurtarte
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Indulge yourself and your guests by allowing us to cater your next event or meeting. Your personalized menu designed by Chef Jake Rujevic, will allow for your special occasion to be transformed into a unique epicurean experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Private parties can vary from dinner in our semi private dining alcove to reserving the entire restaurant for your event. Eatalia chef's and staff are also available to come to you, in your home and at your event.
- Entertainment: DJs Spinning 7 Days a Week 11pm to 2am
- Special Events: Events can vary from small group dinners in our semi private dining alcove to reserving the entire restaurant out for your event. We are also proudly affiliated with some very popular local downtown venues perfect for receptions, including The Burlington Arts Centre (BAC) and The Burlington Performing Arts Centre (BPAC) each with rooms that are sure to impress.
A word from Eatalia
Escape the mundane and enjoy relaxing in Eatalia"s hip, seductive environment where attention is paid to every detail.Continued
Situated in the architectural wonder of a 20th century bank, Eatalia is a dining destination that matches its exclusive clientele in levels of charm, style and good taste.
Eatalia has paid exceptional detail to design and food; bringing you away from the everyday. A stylish, high-energy experience is sure to ensue. The menu brings the very highest quality of Italian ingredients to its thin crust pizzas, pastas, secondi's, desserts and more. The core focus of the menu is to bring a casual dining price point to an exceptional meal experience. The hidden gems of the dynamic menu include the featured Piatto di Antipasti dishes perfect for sampling several items or sharing with friends as well as an extensive wine list, showcased in a fabulous wine cellar promises to have something for everyone.
Situated in the architectural wonder of a 20th century bank, Eatalia is a dining destination that matches its exclusive clientele in levels of charm, style and good taste.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Eatalia reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (5)great for outdoor dining (5)fit for foodies (4)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)good for groups (2)special occasion (2)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)romantic (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Casual Fine DiningLocalfanDined on 8/15/2014Eatalia has a lively contemporary vibe. The service was top notch. The cocktails were great (not watery like some places). The food was outstanding but I ordered the food size beet salad and the portion size a little small. Overall this is a great place to catch up with friends ant tine of day or for a business lunch that's high end food for a reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014My wife and I found the food quality and value to be very good. The service was prompt and accurate. Will certainly return and will also recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014Muscles, flatbread pizza, bruschetta, wine on the patio. Great evening. Great service.Special Features:
- UnimpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014Would not recommend this restaurant. Food was bland, service not great.
- Awfulluvitalian2Dined on 5/24/2014We did not like this restaurant. Our first time there. Very difficult to understand what exactly is each meal. Everyone said they were very bland and small portions. We had 6 people and not one thought their meal was that great. Very expensive for what you get. Would not recommend this restaurant. If it was not for the bread on the table we all would have gone home hungry.Special Features:
- Nothing specialConchDined on 5/17/2014I had the spaghetti bolognese and I found it underwhelming in terms of flavour. The pasta was over cooked and the sauce was certainly plentiful with ground beef but lacking in actual tomato sauce and therefore dry. If that wasn't bad enough, it was cold.
- OkAllyDined on 5/9/2014Unfortunately my meal was from start to finish disappointing but the birthday girl enjoyed herself as her meal so that was enough to save the night. I did add a comment to the reservation that it was a birthday but no mention was made of it.Special Features:
- Nice place for dinerStefVIPDined on 5/7/2014First time at this place. Food was good and the place is well decorated and can only imagine the atmosphere when the place is crowded. Was there at 18:00 on a Tuesday. It was pretty quiet. I will definetly go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 100 reviews are from the Eatalia reviews archive.
- Downtown DiningCarolDined on 4/27/2014We were a party of five on a Sunday night. The restaurant was comfortable and the service was excellent. The calamari and the beet salad were excellent and the seafood pasta was chock full of mussels, huge shrimp, scallops and calamari. The pizza was also a hit. We all enjoyed the bread, hummus and spicey olive oil.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food...and large portionsFrankDined on 4/11/2014We had been here before but not for a while and forgot how good the food is. The portions are very large too. No kid menu but they will pretty much make whatever your kids want - just ask. Very good service too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine early, avoid bar crowd!PattianneDined on 4/5/2014To have a couples dinner you have to be there early as a very young bar crowd started to wander in just as we were finishing up and we knew it was time for us to go! The food was very good, generous portion sizes and good flavour. The bread brought to the table was excellent. Watch out for the chili oil, be careful of the seeds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bathrooms atrocious, usedSmithturnbullDined on 3/30/2014Bathrooms atrocious, used tampon on floor, bad start to the meal.
- I have been to many restaurantsGomezDined on 3/21/2014I have been to many restaurants in this building before. I think this one will be here for a while. Food was great and the decor is Cool. Enjoyed the lunch with my supplier and I will be coming back with my wife.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableLeaferDined on 3/15/2014Went with a group of 8 which included 3 kids, great ambience and very accomodating to the kids, the service was great, waitresses friendly, just a great Italian dining atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very nice find!veggieliciousDined on 3/1/2014A simple looking menu at first but there's thought. There are also some separate fish and other meat entrees. Two of us in the group were gluten free and one was gluten free and vegetarian. The server was excellent! She worked out a solution for our many requests and answered all our questions with a pleasant disposition that made us feel comfortable. She also communicated very clearly with the chef so that when the food arrived it exceeded our expectations. If you're Celiac I would recommend Eatalia. Comfortable, modern and warm atmosphere. Outstanding service. Nice wine selection and not too pricey. Great food with some creativity but not so out there you're longing for something you know.Special Features:
- Taste of Burlington GoodieSmittyDined on 2/23/2014Fabulous selection for our tasty dinner. The appetizer was especially delicious as were the lamb chops. Tiramisu was the largest portion ever seen....also delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebration GatheringFamilyDined on 2/15/2014We found this place a year ago and have enjoyed it since. The atmosphere is really nice and the staff are up beat, on top of everything and extremely friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT OUR FIRST TIMECHRISKYDined on 1/10/2014WE'VE EATEN HERE SEVERAL TIMES. THIS TIME WE BROUGHT A COUPLE WHO HAVE NEVER EATEN HERE AND ENJOY ITALIAN FOOD. WE WERE THERE FOR A FRI. LUNCH AT 1 PM. THEY WERE NOT BUSY. WE ALL THOROUGHLY ENJOYED OUR FOOD FROM BEET SALAD, CAESAR SALAD TO BUCATINI PASTA. ALL EXCELLENT. WOULD DEFINITELY RECOMMEND THIS RESTAURANT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- authentic Italian!jenlouDined on 11/7/2013food amazing, great atmosphere, best kept secret in downtown Burlington - happy hour specials too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carbonara was exceptionalGypsyDined on 10/25/2013I had read the reviews before going to Eatilia and some weren't so good, but I needed to find a place last minute and there was room there. I was pleasantly surprised to find the waitress excellent as the food delicious. We ordered the beet salad and shared it, the large was enough for three people to get a small portion but big enough to satisfy until the main came. I order the carbonara, and my friends ordered the spigetti with meat sauce. Every one thoroughly enjoyed their meal. It was quite loud in there but it must have to do with the high round ceiling. I would certainly go back again and recommend to friend.
- slow servicepoucetteDined on 10/25/2013Had reservations for 6pm, told server we had theater tickets for 8pm. Ordered at 6:15 pasta and pizza , got bottle of wine and a salad and nothing else by 7pm we had to ask and it was not ready...they brought it out 5 minutes later pasta underdone and pizza very pale. Restaurant was not busy when we came in ( only 6 people ) but a group did come in later and that was their excuse... have had lunch there before and it was quite good so i will try again .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice surprise!FoodiesDined on 10/23/2013We ate at Eatlia as they have a theatre special. It was our second time there and we were all pleasantly surprised. We were greeeted warmly at the door and that set the tone for the evening. The ambiance was nice, the service impeccable, and the food was delicious. We went in with moderate expectations and left extremely pleased. We started with a antipasto which was very nice, then moved on to the spicy sausage pasta and the seafood risotto, both delicious. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- I was there to taste an EatalianefamilydineDined on 9/7/2013I was there to taste an Eatalian (Italian) pasta style, and I wasn't disappointed. The Lady was very nice, helping us deciding what to order, and I appreciated the fact that the menu from their site is exactly the same with the printed one. Round, quiet, place with the option to stay inside or outside, if the weather permit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, worth a trysmilesDined on 8/30/2013In a group of four we ordered 2 pizza (margherita and ?), gnocchi, and papardella. The 2 pastas and accompanying sauces were excellent, fresh, cooked properly and not overpowering of the pasta itself. The pizzas were good - thin and crispy crust but light on the cheese and fresh herbs - lacked the wow factor we expected from an italian restaurant that thrives on their pizza menu. Would defintely return for the fresh pasta but I am reluctant to send friends to have the pizza specifically. Service was very good - present when needed but not intrusive. Wine menu is limited but decent and not overly expensive. Restaurant decor is well appointed and funky. The patio is nicely done but quite loud as it sits on a main street. Worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, & very accommodating!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2013Right from the beginning, Eatalia was a great experience. When I made my reservation, I noted that we had an allergy at the table. The chef called me personally to confirm the allergy, and make sure that they would be take care of it. This was a great note of their customer service, and only made the experience better. The food was awesome, and the portions were LARGE, so definitely worth the prices. I would very much recommend Eatalia!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was 7:30pm on SaturdayABCDDined on 7/27/2013It was 7:30pm on Saturday and only two other tables were full. Waitress did not bring bread to our table, which we realized, when we saw that being served on other table. Upon asking it took quite some time to come. While serving our food, the Waitress was still chewing her own food !! Food taste was below average. Will not repeat
- went for the 4-6 happy hourcharlieVIPDined on 7/27/2013went for the 4-6 happy hour after a matinee movie, $4 appetizer plate perfect to start, meatballs great and loved beet salad. PS $4 drinks show on your bill as 3.54 so they really are $4 when taxes are added! BONUS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant & PatioKatwalk1Dined on 7/26/2013This was my second visit and can't wait to go back. The patio is a great place to hang out for a few drinks with friends :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early lunchUberpeteDined on 7/4/2013Probably not a representative review for service, or noise as I went for an early lunch and was the first table to be seated. The restaurant is situated on the main strip in downtown Burlington, positioning it within walking distance of the lakshore (Spencer Smith Park) and several shops. The restaurant was clean, quiet and the waitress was friendly. We had the pizza of the day; a thin crust pizza with sundried tomatoes, fresh basil and Italian sausage. While it was oily, the flavour and texture were great. I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedFoodieDined on 5/22/2013We'd been to this restaurant before but did not have the same food experience this time. Menu had been scaled back. Appies good but Mains uninspired.
- Not what it was, yet...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/17/2013We had been to Eatalia on a few occasions (both when busy and not), and loved it each time. The food was top notch, and between the servers and the kitchen, you were made to feel like you were in on a secret. It was a hidden gem, with a varied and adventurous menu, and each time we were lucky to be treated with off-menu surprises. There has been change in the kitchen, and it is clear that Eatalia is cutting their coat according to their new cloth, with a much smaller and less ambitious menu, with less focus on small plates. It was still a very pleasant night out, largely due to great, personable service, but we didn't leave with "wow" ringing in our heads as we'd grown accustomed. We hope that in time, Eatalia will find its "wow" again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would like the truth before hand...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/27/2013We booked a table at Eatalia through Open Table for Saturday night. When we arrived we were given a high table (like a cruiser table) and were told there were no regular tables available. Once we sat down we were told there were no entrees or risotto dishes available due to one of the stoves in the kitchen breaking down. Both of these statements were lies. The restaurant was only half full so there were plenty of tables available. There was a group (wedding - around 20 people) that night and I noticed they were eating chicken, risotto, and other entree items. Apparently they just couldn't handle more orders so they decided to lie about it. They had phone numbers - they could have called instead they made their wait staff lie.
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2013Eatalia is a small little place on Brant Street with some of the best food in Burlington! I highly recommend the Arctic Char, which was cooked brilliantly and served with a smart assortment of cooked vegetables. Eatalia is perfect for families and couples, but the small environment likely wouldn't make it too accommodating for children. If you haven't already, definitely give Eatalia a try!Special Features:
- Our table was impressed withOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/24/2013Our table was impressed with the food, the drinks (Martini's) and the table that was selected for us (private area within the restaurant). Overall a great experience.Special Features:
- Very disappointed in the drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/23/2013Although we all enjoyed our food, we were disappointed in terms if drinks. My friend ordered gin and tonic and he thought for sure there was no gin in it. I tried it as well and he was right. There wasn't the slightest hint of gin. We called the waitress to let her know but she insisted she put an ounce of gin. I don't know but maybe someone switched the gin bottle with water in it. Also, I'm not sure why she would be fixing our drinks and not the bar tender. Anyway, I thought the fact that two of us vouched that the drink was not right that she would offer to replace it with something else but she didn't. That was very disappointing.Special Features:
- We had a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013We had a great experience at Eatalia on Saturday night. My three friends had never been there before and were very impressed with the restaurant. Taste of Burlington was amazing and very reasonably priced! The restaurant was busy, but the noise level was not bad. Our server was lovely. YOur restaurant is a hidden gem and I really think you should somehow make more people aware of it. Two of my friends with me live and work in Burlington and had no idea how nice Eatalia is. They thought it was more roadhouse type food. Eatalia is definitely fine dining and a fun place to spend an evening. We look forward to coming back!!Special Features:
- Eatalia had the misfortineOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/1/2013Eatalia had the misfortine of some technical difficulty on the day of my reservation, but they compensated beautifully. Too bad I could enjoy a nice served meal there, ad I remember having a lovely lunch there last year during the Taste of Burlington event.Special Features:
- Fantasic been there twiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013Fantasic been there twice and was treated like royalty best food I have had around townSpecial Features:
- I took my wife out for herOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/3/2013I took my wife out for her birthday and the meal was exceptional. The service was professional, friendly and effecient. We are definitely going to be back!
- Food was delicious - but,KRAZY4CANDined on 1/31/2013Food was delicious - but, very small plates. The Scallop dinner related to the size of an appetizer. 2 medium size scallops as a dinner entree with a very small amount of barley & veggies, is less than expected. Cinnamon chicken entree was excellent tasting, but again small portion for an entree. We were thankful for the second plate of mixed breads which were fabulous - & this was after we all had an individual appetizer & entree. Seafood pasta was the expected entree size and again, delicious. Server was excellent - friendly & helpful. We will return (4 women), and now know only to order pasta or pizzas as entrees. Great atmosphere.Special Features: