Eat Street Social
18 West 26th St
Minneapolis, MN 55404Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Eat Street Social
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://eatstreetsocial.com/
- Phone: 6127676850x
- Hours of Operation:
3:00 PM to 1:00 AM Monday through Sunday
Brunch 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM Saturday and Sunday
Early Happy Hour Monday through Friday from 3:00 to 6:00 PM
Late Happy Hour Sunday through Wednesday 10PM to close
Late Happy Hour Thursday through Saturday 11PM to close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Geoff Little
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Celebrate your next "social" with us! We can accomodate personal, or corporate gatherings in our new vibrant event space. We will help you craft a custom event, your guest won't soon forget.
- Private Party Contact: Jaren Turley 6127676850
- Special Events: Plan your next cocktail course with us. Amaze your friends as you become the bartender. Please call for details.
A word from Eat Street Social
American bistro located on Eat Street in the Whittier neighborhood, where we combine contemporary elegance with a salute to the old world.Continued
We offer a american bistro style cooking, comprehensive beer and wine list and unique craft cocktail program.
We offer a american bistro style cooking, comprehensive beer and wine list and unique craft cocktail program.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Eat Street Social - Best Restaurants in Whittier ›
Eat Street Social reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (61)neighborhood gem (56)great for outdoor dining (49)vibrant bar scene (35)special occasion (33)romantic (22)hot spot (21)late-night find (20)good for groups (18)great for brunch (13)great for lunch (6)notable wine list (5)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- wrapper inside my sandwichOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2014I ordered the soft shell crab po boy sandwich which looked great...however a few bites in discovered a cream cheese wrapper that had somehow been spread into my sandwich. It was probably one of the most disgusting dining experiences I have ever had.Special Features:
- Great Food! Great Drinks!DutchDined on 8/23/2014If you want hand crafted cocktails and great food this is the joint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaniDined on 8/16/2014We have ben here before and have never been disappointed. The food was great and the outdoor seating was too. The cocktails here are fabulous. We have also been here for brunch. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/15/2014It was a return visit and once again we enjoyed the evening. The Pork Chop and Lamb Chops were both prepared perfectly and a very interesting preparation. It was a nice evening to sit outside and made the evening even more enjoyable. The wait staff was very attentive and certainly knew the menu and was able to provide great detail of each of the entrees. We'll be back for sure.Special Features:
- Great service, great foodFoodiegirlfriendDined on 8/12/2014Great find in Minneapolis! Will eat here again for sure when visiting.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/9/2014Very knowledgeable servers, excellent food and a good variety of choices, the place was too quiet for a premium patio dining Saturday night experience. This is a good dining experience and would recommend it for othersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CcccDined on 8/9/2014They will not be open much longer.I don't like my servers drinking on the job. Very poor attitudes. Very unprofessional.
- Great food and cocktailsNiteoutDined on 8/8/2014My husban and I had a date night at Eat Street Social. They make feel special, the cocktails were amazing and the food had some very creative combinations of flavorsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not worth going backSparkleninjaDined on 8/8/2014Server seemed to know menu well but she also would return to the table to say "your food is great, isn't it." Gnocchi was only fair, the fresh tomato gave the dish a sour taste. Drinks were unique. Desserts were not worth the price.Special Features:
- Love!Caka0403VIPDined on 8/6/2014We love Eat Street Social. We always have great service, they have an interesting menu and a great drink list. The patio is perfect and the are dog friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulMexicanFoodLoverVIPDined on 8/6/2014OK, I've eaten at this place's sister restaurant, Northeast Social, and have always enjoyed it. But this was a whole new experience. Totally different menu and TOTALLY different quality of service. We will be back!!! Service was quick and friendly throughout the meal. Our waiter made great suggestions and was able to answer all our questions. Cocktails are funky and tasty. Great little patio on the side for outdoor dining. This is a winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- from out of towntourguideDined on 8/1/2014It was great that we could make accommodations on-line for our group of 6. They were right on time with our reservation and the menu worked great for our diverse pallets. We all loved it!!!! and would highly recommend you to try it for yourself. It was easy to find and parking was not an issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, social atmosphereyoohooVIPDined on 7/25/2014I have dined several times at Eat Street Social and the food has always impressed. The food is fresh, flavorful and always hot from the kitchen. I've had a (straight forward) burger, smoked pork chops with coconut-naan bread pudding, and the amish chicken. There is also a fairly inventive drink selection--especially when you factor in the bitters choices. My only complaint is that the service can be leisurely but overall, the feeling is fairly laid back and enjoyable.Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/21/2014Everything about my visit to ESS was all that I hoped for and more. My daughter and I went there to celebrate our birthdays. The food was prepared perfectly - we shared the scallops and steak and each had a garden salad. They surprised us with a birthday treat of a brownie with the fixings. I like the decor and the service was attentive, but not overly. I will be back! I'd like to sit at the cool bar next time or in the nice patio area.Special Features:
- Great night at Eat Street Social!datenightDined on 7/18/2014We had a wonderful dinner at Eat Street Social. We were not able to sit on the patio due to a long wait but we were given a table next to the enormous front windows. When we asked if they could open the windows for some fresh air, the manager was happy to open it up for us (it is a HUGE window and opening it up made it feel almost like sitting outside). The service was simply fantastic and the food was very good. We will gladly return.Special Features:
- Never disapppointsBearDined on 7/14/2014Service is always friendly and professional. We ordereed 4 different dinner items and everyone was happy. This is one of our "go to" resturants along with their N.E. Social. Yep, we will be back.Special Features:
- great Italian foodartmstoneVIPDined on 7/14/2014Wonderful food by wonderful people. The food is really good, and priced right.Special Features:
- great experiencebingoDined on 7/11/2014Our first time trying this restaurant. The food was delicious, the outdoor eating area was very nice, the service was great, nice ambiance... it was a great experience. I would (and will) definitely recommend this place to friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodfundingoDined on 7/5/2014ESS has really stepped up in the past year. All the food at our table on 7/5 was wonderful - praises all around. Really fun drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Place To Have DinnerRBBBDined on 6/29/2014Neighborhood restaurant, service was great, food was even better. My wife had dined here before with friend, had the burger and was ready to have it again, but went a different route this time, we had the rack of lamb and duck, side of crispy fries, you know the slim crunchy kind and can't stop eating, finished the meal with a fantastic bread pudding for dessert. Host stopped a couple of times to check on our table, nice attention to detail. Water was refilled without asking, really nice. Unusual drinks list, and if you like Scotch, Whiskey, great selection Will definitely go back next time in town. Casual upscale food, worthy of your pocket book for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 6/26/2014to expensive for what you get as far as the food. However, their spirits menu, especially for those who like Bourbon, is excellent.
- octopastaDined on 6/4/2014I love this place. I wandered in for appetizers and a cocktail a Monday afternoon and was blown away by everything I was given. The staff was friendly and excited about what was being made. I brought my family back for dinner and the amount of craft and care that went into everything I was given makes me want to go back. It is a place that inspires me to try new things and get excited about what might come next. I will keep recommending Eat Street Social to my friends as a place to celebrate life and I will be returning myself as I don't want to miss anything they have to offer.Special Features:
- Food comaBubba8itDined on 5/31/2014Enjoyed multiple hand crafted cocktails, house made sausage and all of our entrees. I wish the Tiki bar opened earlier . We arrived early for drinks before dinner but had to go elsewhere for them since the main bar was full.Special Features:
- What a meal!romance5Dined on 5/31/2014In town for a conference. This was - by far - the best meal that I have had in a LONG time. Eclectic menu, outstanding service and excellent food! Kudos to the staff. They were attentive and very efficient! Particular thanks to the dessert crew! Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to go!MarinalaruDined on 5/24/2014We really enjoyed this restaurant. We went with a couple of friend who enjoyed it as well. I would definitely go back again to try other items on the menu.Special Features:
- Great food!FoodiefiedDined on 5/24/2014We enjoyed the outdoor seating and the food was delicious! Heard a lot about this place from family and friends and they were spot on! One comment: It would have been nice to have been offered an ice cooler for our white wine.Special Features:
- Deserves it PopularityMNRedVIPDined on 5/22/2014We took our son there for a special celebration. The food was terrific--I had the roast chicken. I don't usually order it at restaurants, but this was great--reasonable portions, nice, crisp skin, succulent white meat and a delicious, mustardy warm potato salad. The by-the-glass Viogner was crisp and complex. Just a great experience.Special Features:
- From-Scratch liquors & specialsFoodieSuzyDined on 5/17/2014We had a private event in the Tiki Bar - a fun funky vibe for a party! The food was so outstanding our guests were cheering the platters of food as they arrived! We loved the wait staff and the 'signature' punch they created just for our guest of honor. I think we'll go back just for cocktails and bacon!Special Features:
- Second time aroundSkindogDined on 5/17/2014The lamb ragout called me for weeks after our first visit there. Upon return last Saturday night, I ordered the same dish. This time it was lukewarm, overcooked and too heavy in cream and cheese. A real disappointment. I would have told the staff, had they asked.
- Best service everJeanneDined on 5/16/2014We were 3 70 yr olds celebrating a birthday and ESS was perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Come for cocktails, stay for food!foodloverVIPDined on 5/12/2014Once again, Eat Street Social delivered the goods. Knowledgeable, personable and attentive service + incredible creative crafty cocktails + food with great flavors and textures = super happy patrons -- Real Dill Cocktail went straight to my top 10 ever list! I want one now :) -- Ricotta Gnocchi: King Trumpet mushroom, cipollini onions, collard greens, red wine, creme fraiche - OMG! -- Steak Tartare - your remoulade rocks! Truly best Tartare in the Twin Cities. -- Your very deep spirits selections - I love being able to put together my own taste tests from your extensive list. Yes, yes, yes!Special Features:
- Pre-theatre diningtheatregoersDined on 5/11/2014Before heading for the theatre, we wanted a new dining experience and found it here. Starting from the tasty drinks (Venus in Furs), on to the salads and the entrees, the service was attentive but not over bearing. The Ricotta Gnocchi was tender and not over cooked with plenty of mushrooms. The Mahi Mahi was moist and complimented well with the red curry coconut sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great hamburger!SweetmanVIPDined on 5/10/2014We ordered a variety of items and everything was very good to great. Make sure that at least someone at your table orders the hamburger -- and make sure they're willing to share!Special Features:
- food is good if you can get itchocolatechipcookieVIPDined on 5/9/2014We had a great window table, good friends, hopping atmosphere but the service was so slow we ended up just getting appetizers because there was no way we would have had time for dinner. We allowed an hour and a half, so I want to be fair and say, maybe this is the type of restaurant that requires more time? But it took 20 minutes just to get a drink.
- The following 453 reviews are from the Eat Street Social reviews archive.
- Date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/26/2014We had a wonderful dining experience. The food was amazing. I had the sirloin and my husband had the bison. It was a perfect meal. We will definitely eat there again. We loved the atmosphere and staff was friendly and on top of things.Special Features:
- Definitely worth a visitFoodAppreciationDined on 4/25/2014My husband and I had two appetizers ( scallops and sausage) that were both delicious, the mixed green salad with pickled vegetables and then we split the mahi mahi. Everything was flavorable and delicious. I am not a big scallop fan and they were amazing. On the whole a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the waitout2eatDined on 4/25/2014Friday @ 6pm - a busy place, about 3/4 full. We waited 15 minutes for our appetizer (calamari) and then another 30 minutes for our entrees - Braised Pork Osso Bucco and Mahi Mahi with curried rice and pineapple salsa. Our food was eloquently presented and SCRUMPTIOUS, our waiter Sean was very gracious. We passed on dessert mostly because we were unwilling to wait any longer. We will likely stop back another time for a late-night dessert.Special Features:
- Feel the Love!TimmerDined on 4/23/2014The team that operates Eat Street Social demonstrated their care and concern for ALL customers when they moved me and my daughter (out for a celebratory dinner on a Thursday night) away from a large group (20+) after initially seating us a bit too close. We never said a word; however, the manager spotted the potential risk of the large group generating a lot of noise and my daughter and I wanting to converse - she moved us quickly and effortlessly. Kudos to the ESS folks for delivering such a cool experience. By the way, the sirloin was very good and the mushroom gnocchi was out of this world.Special Features:
- MitchVDined on 4/21/2014Notable for the Volcano Room, which is open from Thursday through Saturday. The fod was very good, and they graciously gave my husband another steak when his was overdone.Special Features:
- great foodartmstoneVIPDined on 4/21/2014This was a wonderful treat, the food was wonderful. The service was good, but I couoldn't get over how great the steak tarter was, also the New York steak. It was a great experience, and we will go there often.Special Features: