Eat Street Social
18 West 26th St
Minneapolis, MN 55404Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Eat Street Social
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://eatstreetsocial.com/
- Phone: 6127676850x
- Hours of Operation:
3:00 PM to 1:00 AM Monday through Sunday
Brunch 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM Saturday and Sunday
Early Happy Hour Monday through Friday from 3:00 to 6:00 PM
Late Happy Hour Sunday through Wednesday 10PM to close
Late Happy Hour Thursday through Saturday 11PM to close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Geoff Little
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Celebrate your next "social" with us! We can accomodate personal, or corporate gatherings in our new vibrant event space. We will help you craft a custom event, your guest won't soon forget.
- Private Party Contact: Jaren Turley 6127676850
- Special Events: Plan your next cocktail course with us. Amaze your friends as you become the bartender. Please call for details.
A word from Eat Street Social
American bistro located on Eat Street in the Whittier neighborhood, where we combine contemporary elegance with a salute to the old world.Continued
We offer a american bistro style cooking, comprehensive beer and wine list and unique craft cocktail program.
We offer a american bistro style cooking, comprehensive beer and wine list and unique craft cocktail program.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Eat Street Social - Best Restaurants in Whittier ›
Eat Street Social reviews from OpenTable diners
114 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (74)neighborhood gem (69)great for outdoor dining (59)vibrant bar scene (39)special occasion (32)romantic (29)hot spot (27)late-night find (19)good for groups (18)great for brunch (13)notable wine list (9)great for lunch (6)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Wow!cazzimaDined on 10/21/2014First time at Eat Street Social, and we've just added another "have to go again" restaurant to our list! We were super impressed with the wait staff's knowledge of their cocktails and food. The owner, Sam, came over and introduced himself. Their inhouse bitters and liquors were wonderful, inhouse sausage, amazing! I had lamb, my partner had halibut....both were excellent. I can't wait to go there again. Thank you !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marvelous cocktails & atmospherejenelDined on 10/3/2014To the nines with their sparkly & unique Halloween decor, notable cocktails and great service. All elements came together perfectly to compliment the impressive cuisine. High recommends for the steak tartar and smoked pork chop.Special Features:
- Meh-disappointedYum86Dined on 9/28/2014Server was polite but very rarely came by throughout our entire experience. We'd be ready to order with drinks and wait until forever to order another one. Same with the food-we'd be ready to order and he'd be gone forever again. Food was definitely mediocre-which was a real disappointment bc everyone has been hyping it up and all of these great reviews. If I'm going to drop over $50 on brunch for just myself, I'd hope that at least 1 of the 2 things are met, which is 1) Great food or 2) Great service. If I get both, that's fantastic, but if I even just experience ONE out of those 2 things, I'm easy to please. I was choosing between Libertine or here for brunch and after this experience, I was regretting my choice of Eat Street Social.Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/24/2014I love Eat Street Social. I had the Amish Chicken on this visit. Delicious!Special Features:
- Tasty but not worth the valueLisaVIPDined on 9/24/2014I was disappointed in the value. We had the Shrimp Gumbo appetizer, it had nice flavors but the sausage was a little tough and off-putting, the shrimp were cooked well. I had the Amish chicken dish, it had a delicious polenta cake and the Brussels sprouts and bacon had a nice flavor combination. The sauce was a little sweet and savory. I would recommend this dish. My husband ordered the lamb medium rare and it came out rare, pretty much equivalent to raw with a sear. The lamb portion that was cooked to order was good. The amount of hummus was overwhelming. He was not in love with this dish. The bread pudding was decent. We would not go back for dinner, we enjoy other places much more for less cost, such as Rinata. Our bill was $78.Special Features:
- Great Date Night!jroffDined on 9/20/2014Wonderful place for a date night with the husband! Great drink list and amazing food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool place!DawnygirlVIPDined on 9/18/2014Great food in an interesting space. I had the sirloin, mixed greens salad and a hard cider. No complaints about the service or food!Special Features:
- come for cocktails, stay for food!foodloverVIPDined on 9/16/2014Super cocktail and spirits program - but, here's the thing, the food is awesome quality, too, wow! Textures, flavors, presentation. A super drinks experience with incredibly under-rated food. These folks bring it all.Special Features:
- Deliciousako57Dined on 9/14/2014Great meal. Wonderful cheese appetizer. I would have rated everything outstanding except entrees were slightly over salted. Still delicious but this would be problematic for some customers. We would visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodPamelaDined on 9/13/2014Never disappointing. Will come here again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but a bit expensiveTurtleoxVIPDined on 9/7/2014Our second time here on Living Social. We really like the food and service, but feel the food is a bit overpriced. We would come back with a coupon, but not to pay full price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lucky we had a "livingsocial" dealFitkatkidsDined on 9/6/2014Expensive but unique $10-12 cocktails. Arugula salad=good but had a lot of kick (probably more than necessary for an opener). My date wanted his lamb "medium"--however, our waiter (who had a fair amount of attitude~) talked him into med rare. It literally came burgundy/clear (wiggling) in the middle. When he sent it back, they brought back 1 tiny 1.5 round medallion sitting in the middle of a large white plate. The flavor didn't even hold a candle to my sister's grilled lamb chops. I ordered pappardelle but gnocchi was brought to me. It took a LONG TIME to get my correct order. My date was finished eating when my food finally arrived. It was flavorful but 2 garlicky. My date left hungry. No attempt 2 "correct" the entree mistake was made.Special Features:
- DisappointingDougVIPDined on 9/6/20143rd visit to Eat Street Social, a lovely venue with a nice outdoor patio in a nifty urban neighborhood. Our server, Tom, was friendly and attentive but even he couldn't salvage the experience. Ordered Miller Lite, but received Miller High-Life; no big deal; Server described Soup du jour as split-pea w ham, but I rec'd chickpea (garbanzo bean) soup w ham instead---no problem, as it was pretty good. My entree of papparadelle w feta, olives, & cukes contained blanched arugula which rendered the entire dish inedibly bitter. Spouse's soft-shell crab po'boy was OK, tho not served on brioche, as listed on menu. After noting my bitter pasta dish, Chef graciously treated us to a shared creme brulee. Overall, a disappointment.
- DinnerMikeMcDined on 9/5/2014Location had a good wine, beer and drink menu. The dinner menu was offered a great variety. The calamari was excellent. The chicken breast and brussel sprouts were excellent.Special Features:
- Great ServiceMNFoodieDined on 9/5/2014Everyone from the hostess, to our waiter, to the person refilling our water was polite and very guest service oriented. The food was delicious and tasted yummy the next day when we ate the leftovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wrapper inside my sandwichOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2014I ordered the soft shell crab po boy sandwich which looked great...however a few bites in discovered a cream cheese wrapper that had somehow been spread into my sandwich. It was probably one of the most disgusting dining experiences I have ever had.Special Features:
- Great Food! Great Drinks!DutchDined on 8/23/2014If you want hand crafted cocktails and great food this is the joint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaniDined on 8/16/2014We have ben here before and have never been disappointed. The food was great and the outdoor seating was too. The cocktails here are fabulous. We have also been here for brunch. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/15/2014It was a return visit and once again we enjoyed the evening. The Pork Chop and Lamb Chops were both prepared perfectly and a very interesting preparation. It was a nice evening to sit outside and made the evening even more enjoyable. The wait staff was very attentive and certainly knew the menu and was able to provide great detail of each of the entrees. We'll be back for sure.Special Features:
- Great service, great foodFoodiegirlfriendDined on 8/12/2014Great find in Minneapolis! Will eat here again for sure when visiting.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/9/2014Very knowledgeable servers, excellent food and a good variety of choices, the place was too quiet for a premium patio dining Saturday night experience. This is a good dining experience and would recommend it for othersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CcccDined on 8/9/2014They will not be open much longer.I don't like my servers drinking on the job. Very poor attitudes. Very unprofessional.
- Great food and cocktailsNiteoutDined on 8/8/2014My husban and I had a date night at Eat Street Social. They make feel special, the cocktails were amazing and the food had some very creative combinations of flavorsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not worth going backSparkleninjaDined on 8/8/2014Server seemed to know menu well but she also would return to the table to say "your food is great, isn't it." Gnocchi was only fair, the fresh tomato gave the dish a sour taste. Drinks were unique. Desserts were not worth the price.Special Features:
- Love!Caka0403VIPDined on 8/6/2014We love Eat Street Social. We always have great service, they have an interesting menu and a great drink list. The patio is perfect and the are dog friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulMexicanFoodLoverVIPDined on 8/6/2014OK, I've eaten at this place's sister restaurant, Northeast Social, and have always enjoyed it. But this was a whole new experience. Totally different menu and TOTALLY different quality of service. We will be back!!! Service was quick and friendly throughout the meal. Our waiter made great suggestions and was able to answer all our questions. Cocktails are funky and tasty. Great little patio on the side for outdoor dining. This is a winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PamelaDined on 8/2/2014Have been here on several occasions and it always fails to disappoint. Will keep on coming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- from out of towntourguideDined on 8/1/2014It was great that we could make accommodations on-line for our group of 6. They were right on time with our reservation and the menu worked great for our diverse pallets. We all loved it!!!! and would highly recommend you to try it for yourself. It was easy to find and parking was not an issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, social atmosphereyoohooVIPDined on 7/25/2014I have dined several times at Eat Street Social and the food has always impressed. The food is fresh, flavorful and always hot from the kitchen. I've had a (straight forward) burger, smoked pork chops with coconut-naan bread pudding, and the amish chicken. There is also a fairly inventive drink selection--especially when you factor in the bitters choices. My only complaint is that the service can be leisurely but overall, the feeling is fairly laid back and enjoyable.Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/21/2014Everything about my visit to ESS was all that I hoped for and more. My daughter and I went there to celebrate our birthdays. The food was prepared perfectly - we shared the scallops and steak and each had a garden salad. They surprised us with a birthday treat of a brownie with the fixings. I like the decor and the service was attentive, but not overly. I will be back! I'd like to sit at the cool bar next time or in the nice patio area.Special Features:
- Great night at Eat Street Social!datenightDined on 7/18/2014We had a wonderful dinner at Eat Street Social. We were not able to sit on the patio due to a long wait but we were given a table next to the enormous front windows. When we asked if they could open the windows for some fresh air, the manager was happy to open it up for us (it is a HUGE window and opening it up made it feel almost like sitting outside). The service was simply fantastic and the food was very good. We will gladly return.Special Features:
- Never disapppointsBearDined on 7/14/2014Service is always friendly and professional. We ordereed 4 different dinner items and everyone was happy. This is one of our "go to" resturants along with their N.E. Social. Yep, we will be back.Special Features:
- great Italian foodartmstoneVIPDined on 7/14/2014Wonderful food by wonderful people. The food is really good, and priced right.Special Features:
- great experiencebingoDined on 7/11/2014Our first time trying this restaurant. The food was delicious, the outdoor eating area was very nice, the service was great, nice ambiance... it was a great experience. I would (and will) definitely recommend this place to friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodfundingoDined on 7/5/2014ESS has really stepped up in the past year. All the food at our table on 7/5 was wonderful - praises all around. Really fun drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Place To Have DinnerRBBBDined on 6/29/2014Neighborhood restaurant, service was great, food was even better. My wife had dined here before with friend, had the burger and was ready to have it again, but went a different route this time, we had the rack of lamb and duck, side of crispy fries, you know the slim crunchy kind and can't stop eating, finished the meal with a fantastic bread pudding for dessert. Host stopped a couple of times to check on our table, nice attention to detail. Water was refilled without asking, really nice. Unusual drinks list, and if you like Scotch, Whiskey, great selection Will definitely go back next time in town. Casual upscale food, worthy of your pocket book for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 6/26/2014to expensive for what you get as far as the food. However, their spirits menu, especially for those who like Bourbon, is excellent.
- The following 467 reviews are from the Eat Street Social reviews archive.
- octopastaDined on 6/4/2014I love this place. I wandered in for appetizers and a cocktail a Monday afternoon and was blown away by everything I was given. The staff was friendly and excited about what was being made. I brought my family back for dinner and the amount of craft and care that went into everything I was given makes me want to go back. It is a place that inspires me to try new things and get excited about what might come next. I will keep recommending Eat Street Social to my friends as a place to celebrate life and I will be returning myself as I don't want to miss anything they have to offer.Special Features:
- Food comaBubba8itDined on 5/31/2014Enjoyed multiple hand crafted cocktails, house made sausage and all of our entrees. I wish the Tiki bar opened earlier . We arrived early for drinks before dinner but had to go elsewhere for them since the main bar was full.Special Features:
- What a meal!romance5Dined on 5/31/2014In town for a conference. This was - by far - the best meal that I have had in a LONG time. Eclectic menu, outstanding service and excellent food! Kudos to the staff. They were attentive and very efficient! Particular thanks to the dessert crew! Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.