Eat Street Social
18 West 26th St
Minneapolis, MN 55404Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Eat Street Social
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://eatstreetsocial.com/
- Phone: (612) 767-6850
- Hours of Operation:
4:00 PM to 12:00 AM Monday through Sunday
Brunch 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM Saturday and Sunday
Early Happy Hour Monday through Friday from 4:00 to 6:00 PM
Late Happy Hour Sunday through Wednesday 10PM to close
Late Happy Hour Thursday through Saturday 11PM to close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Geoff Little
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Celebrate your next "social" with us! We can accomodate personal, or corporate gatherings in our new vibrant event space. We will help you craft a custom event, your guest won't soon forget.
- Private Party Contact: Jaren Turley 6127676850x
- Special Events: Plan your next cocktail course with us. Amaze your friends as you become the bartender. Please call for details.
A word from Eat Street Social
American bistro located on Eat Street in the Whittier neighborhood, where we combine contemporary elegance with a salute to the old world.Continued
We offer a american bistro style cooking, comprehensive beer and wine list and unique craft cocktail program.
We offer a american bistro style cooking, comprehensive beer and wine list and unique craft cocktail program.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Eat Street Social - Best Restaurants in Whittier ›
Eat Street Social reviews from OpenTable diners
119 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (81)neighborhood gem (74)vibrant bar scene (49)great for outdoor dining (47)hot spot (39)special occasion (35)romantic (27)good for groups (27)late-night find (21)great for brunch (18)notable wine list (10)great for lunch (8)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/23/2014Enjoyed brunch with my wife and granddaughter before going to see "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" at the Children's Theater. Great choice of food and service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not going backNicGDined on 11/15/2014My bill for two people was $126 which I would gladly pay for has the steak not been dry and flavorless, and my lamb been less than 95% bone and cartlege. The didnt trim the fat on any of the lamb. We brought all of this to our servers attention and were never asked once by any staff, including the manager walking around if our food was ok etc. this is a first for me at any restraunt in my life. I left hungry and would not recommend. Lastly, it is so insanely loud there, you can't hear a word someone is saying sitting right next to you. Overpriced fancy looking bar food.
- tasty innovative drinksRussDined on 11/15/2014Every drink we've ever had here is exceptional. They are inventive using quality ingredients with a reserved approach. The food is excellent as well. Nice job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014That Bellini Fizz was just perfect. I wanted anotherSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2014Fabulous food in a cool setting. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Fun and deliciousSuzyumDined on 11/8/2014Brought a group of Chicagoans here over the weekend and they loved it. Very crowded and we had to wait, even though we had a reservation and checked in early. But the host sent over some sparkling wine where we were sitting at the bar and we were having a hood time so we didn't mind waiting. Food was outstanding.Special Features:
- Delicious food, happy to returnmbernhagenDined on 11/7/2014Went there in a Friday night at 730pm and got seated right away (had a reservation via opentable). Table for two was good size and not right on top of other tables. Server was friendly and knowledgeable but not an over-sharer and never felt like she was interrupting us too often or chatting too long about a dish or drink (which can occur sometimes at these foodie/hipster joints). We had the pork chops and the chicken - both dishes were delicious and both plates got cleaned spotless. We then ordered the "market" desert which was a chocolate fudge/soufflé with graham cracker crust and whip cream - again, that late for cleaned (perfect size desert, about 4-5 small bites for each of us). Total bill w 4 drinks overall: $100 w/o tipSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousDavidVIPDined on 11/4/2014The food was amazing!! The server's recommendations were spot on and I would highly recommend!! Most places become more relaxed as they are open for a while.. Eat Street has continually improved!! AWESOME DINNER!!!!Special Features:
- I LOVE this placeeallen444Dined on 11/1/2014I've been to Eat Street Social a number of times and it never disappoints. The food is amazing. It's a great place to go with a group of friends for cocktails or a night out with your parents before going to the orchestra. The house-made bitters are equally as good for cocktails as they are for the non-alcoholic fancy-pants sodas. My only complaints are that it can sometimes get noisy and the booths are a bit claustrophobic. Very easy obstacles to overcome with the delicious menu and beverages.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/30/2014They said they had valet service when I called - there wasn't any. Cute place but very noisy - had a hard time hearing my friend. Food was okay - nothing to brag about. Probably would go back over a lunch hour but not dinner.Special Features:
- Nice PlaceexplorerkidDined on 10/25/2014My wife and I visited this restaurant for the first time this weekend. It was nice and we had a good time. The service was excellent and the food and drink was really good. We were seated next to a couple where the women's voice was loud, annoying and she was commenting to her date about a past relationship (we felt sorry for the guy she was with) but that was not the fault of the restaurant. I would certainly recommend you give this place a try.Special Features:
- Nice RestaurantPeleKoolAidDined on 10/25/2014The menu is good and should have a choice for anyone. The waiter could not recommend a plate, but it is was not a big deal. Anyway, a good place and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelishDmarie74Dined on 10/24/2014The pork chop was out of this world good. Fun drink experience. The waiter was extremely interactive and knowledgeable on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!cazzimaDined on 10/21/2014First time at Eat Street Social, and we've just added another "have to go again" restaurant to our list! We were super impressed with the wait staff's knowledge of their cocktails and food. The owner, Sam, came over and introduced himself. Their inhouse bitters and liquors were wonderful, inhouse sausage, amazing! I had lamb, my partner had halibut....both were excellent. I can't wait to go there again. Thank you !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marvelous cocktails & atmospherejenelDined on 10/3/2014To the nines with their sparkly & unique Halloween decor, notable cocktails and great service. All elements came together perfectly to compliment the impressive cuisine. High recommends for the steak tartar and smoked pork chop.Special Features:
- Meh-disappointedYum86Dined on 9/28/2014Server was polite but very rarely came by throughout our entire experience. We'd be ready to order with drinks and wait until forever to order another one. Same with the food-we'd be ready to order and he'd be gone forever again. Food was definitely mediocre-which was a real disappointment bc everyone has been hyping it up and all of these great reviews. If I'm going to drop over $50 on brunch for just myself, I'd hope that at least 1 of the 2 things are met, which is 1) Great food or 2) Great service. If I get both, that's fantastic, but if I even just experience ONE out of those 2 things, I'm easy to please. I was choosing between Libertine or here for brunch and after this experience, I was regretting my choice of Eat Street Social.Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/24/2014I love Eat Street Social. I had the Amish Chicken on this visit. Delicious!Special Features:
- Tasty but not worth the valueLisaVIPDined on 9/24/2014I was disappointed in the value. We had the Shrimp Gumbo appetizer, it had nice flavors but the sausage was a little tough and off-putting, the shrimp were cooked well. I had the Amish chicken dish, it had a delicious polenta cake and the Brussels sprouts and bacon had a nice flavor combination. The sauce was a little sweet and savory. I would recommend this dish. My husband ordered the lamb medium rare and it came out rare, pretty much equivalent to raw with a sear. The lamb portion that was cooked to order was good. The amount of hummus was overwhelming. He was not in love with this dish. The bread pudding was decent. We would not go back for dinner, we enjoy other places much more for less cost, such as Rinata. Our bill was $78.Special Features:
- Great Date Night!jroffDined on 9/20/2014Wonderful place for a date night with the husband! Great drink list and amazing food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool place!DawnygirlVIPDined on 9/18/2014Great food in an interesting space. I had the sirloin, mixed greens salad and a hard cider. No complaints about the service or food!Special Features:
- come for cocktails, stay for food!foodloverVIPDined on 9/16/2014Super cocktail and spirits program - but, here's the thing, the food is awesome quality, too, wow! Textures, flavors, presentation. A super drinks experience with incredibly under-rated food. These folks bring it all.Special Features:
- Deliciousako57Dined on 9/14/2014Great meal. Wonderful cheese appetizer. I would have rated everything outstanding except entrees were slightly over salted. Still delicious but this would be problematic for some customers. We would visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodPamelaDined on 9/13/2014Never disappointing. Will come here again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but a bit expensiveTurtleoxVIPDined on 9/7/2014Our second time here on Living Social. We really like the food and service, but feel the food is a bit overpriced. We would come back with a coupon, but not to pay full price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lucky we had a "livingsocial" dealFitkatkidsDined on 9/6/2014Expensive but unique $10-12 cocktails. Arugula salad=good but had a lot of kick (probably more than necessary for an opener). My date wanted his lamb "medium"--however, our waiter (who had a fair amount of attitude~) talked him into med rare. It literally came burgundy/clear (wiggling) in the middle. When he sent it back, they brought back 1 tiny 1.5 round medallion sitting in the middle of a large white plate. The flavor didn't even hold a candle to my sister's grilled lamb chops. I ordered pappardelle but gnocchi was brought to me. It took a LONG TIME to get my correct order. My date was finished eating when my food finally arrived. It was flavorful but 2 garlicky. My date left hungry. No attempt 2 "correct" the entree mistake was made.Special Features:
- DisappointingDougVIPDined on 9/6/20143rd visit to Eat Street Social, a lovely venue with a nice outdoor patio in a nifty urban neighborhood. Our server, Tom, was friendly and attentive but even he couldn't salvage the experience. Ordered Miller Lite, but received Miller High-Life; no big deal; Server described Soup du jour as split-pea w ham, but I rec'd chickpea (garbanzo bean) soup w ham instead---no problem, as it was pretty good. My entree of papparadelle w feta, olives, & cukes contained blanched arugula which rendered the entire dish inedibly bitter. Spouse's soft-shell crab po'boy was OK, tho not served on brioche, as listed on menu. After noting my bitter pasta dish, Chef graciously treated us to a shared creme brulee. Overall, a disappointment.
- DinnerMikeMcDined on 9/5/2014Location had a good wine, beer and drink menu. The dinner menu was offered a great variety. The calamari was excellent. The chicken breast and brussel sprouts were excellent.Special Features:
- Great ServiceMNFoodieDined on 9/5/2014Everyone from the hostess, to our waiter, to the person refilling our water was polite and very guest service oriented. The food was delicious and tasted yummy the next day when we ate the leftovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wrapper inside my sandwichOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2014I ordered the soft shell crab po boy sandwich which looked great...however a few bites in discovered a cream cheese wrapper that had somehow been spread into my sandwich. It was probably one of the most disgusting dining experiences I have ever had.Special Features:
- Great Food! Great Drinks!DutchDined on 8/23/2014If you want hand crafted cocktails and great food this is the joint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaniDined on 8/16/2014We have ben here before and have never been disappointed. The food was great and the outdoor seating was too. The cocktails here are fabulous. We have also been here for brunch. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/15/2014It was a return visit and once again we enjoyed the evening. The Pork Chop and Lamb Chops were both prepared perfectly and a very interesting preparation. It was a nice evening to sit outside and made the evening even more enjoyable. The wait staff was very attentive and certainly knew the menu and was able to provide great detail of each of the entrees. We'll be back for sure.Special Features:
- Great service, great foodFoodiegirlfriendDined on 8/12/2014Great find in Minneapolis! Will eat here again for sure when visiting.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/9/2014Very knowledgeable servers, excellent food and a good variety of choices, the place was too quiet for a premium patio dining Saturday night experience. This is a good dining experience and would recommend it for othersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CcccDined on 8/9/2014They will not be open much longer.I don't like my servers drinking on the job. Very poor attitudes. Very unprofessional.
- Great food and cocktailsNiteoutDined on 8/8/2014My husban and I had a date night at Eat Street Social. They make feel special, the cocktails were amazing and the food had some very creative combinations of flavorsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not worth going backSparkleninjaDined on 8/8/2014Server seemed to know menu well but she also would return to the table to say "your food is great, isn't it." Gnocchi was only fair, the fresh tomato gave the dish a sour taste. Drinks were unique. Desserts were not worth the price.Special Features:
- Love!Caka0403VIPDined on 8/6/2014We love Eat Street Social. We always have great service, they have an interesting menu and a great drink list. The patio is perfect and the are dog friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulMexicanFoodLoverVIPDined on 8/6/2014OK, I've eaten at this place's sister restaurant, Northeast Social, and have always enjoyed it. But this was a whole new experience. Totally different menu and TOTALLY different quality of service. We will be back!!! Service was quick and friendly throughout the meal. Our waiter made great suggestions and was able to answer all our questions. Cocktails are funky and tasty. Great little patio on the side for outdoor dining. This is a winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PamelaDined on 8/2/2014Have been here on several occasions and it always fails to disappoint. Will keep on coming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.