eat here - Sarasota
1888 Main St.
Sarasota, FL 24236Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
eat here - Sarasota
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.eatheresarasota.com/
- Phone: 9413658700x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Hours: 11:30am-2:30pm Monday Through Friday
Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Roof Top Bar: 5pm-12am Nightly
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live entertainment in the rooftop bar Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. Please check our website for details each week. www.eatheresarasota.com
A word from eat here - Sarasota
Eat Here offers chef-driven, American artisan cookery. Our emphasis is on local product and fresh Gulf seafood served in presentations suitable for sharing and tasting. A casual neighborhood place, with a community table, featuring craft beers and wines. The rooftop bar, overlooking the fountain courtyard and the city of Sarasota, features specialty cocktails, classic martinis, charcuterie, and live music.Continued
While we are accepting reservations, we also keep tables open each evening to allow lots of walk in availability.
While we are accepting reservations, we also keep tables open each evening to allow lots of walk in availability.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
eat here - Sarasota reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (23)neighborhood gem (20)fit for foodies (19)hot spot (9)good for groups (6)late-night find (6)special occasion (6)vibrant bar scene (5)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (4)great for brunch (4)romantic (4)notable wine list (1)Show More
- CLOSEDOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/22/2014This restaurant is closed and will reopen as a taproom, according to the notice on the door. Very disappointing!!!Special Features:
- Worst waiter ever!LoLoDined on 6/15/2014Our waiter was a disaster! He forgot to order our drinks, seemed confused about everything, and did not clean up the fries that were accidentally spilled on the floor. Other staff tried to improve our experience by chatting us up so I'm sure this waiter won't be around very long. Overall, we were disappointed. The filet was very good .Our waiter didn't explain that it cam with mashed potatoes so we ordered fries we didn't really need. The grilled cheese sandwich with bacon and tomatoes was quite tasty. I added a side of kale and the tempura beets. The side of kale was the kale salad, also very tasty but not the braised kale I was expecting. The beets were quite disappointing with little flavor either with or without the sauce.Special Features:
- peachesDined on 6/14/2014Unfortunately we had a table right across from the kitchen and all we heard were clanking dishes. We like to try new places, but the food was just ok so we would not recommend it or go back. Our waitress was very friendly and efficient tho. I also left my sweater and a boy came upstairs where we were having an after-dinner drink and gave it to me. Was so nice of him.
- A fun evening for our groupKathyDined on 6/9/2014We had dinner here recently and enjoyed the 'Savor Sarasota' menu. The kaled caesar salad was excellent and the Gulf Coast seafood stew was the best I have tasted since I left San Francisco. This is one of my favorite restaurants in Sarasota - the food is always consistently good. The rooftop bar is fun and has great entertainment.Special Features:
- Probably won't "eat here" againdufferbillVIPDined on 6/7/2014The food was very good. My Fish Dip and Salmon were both very tasty. My wife's French Onion soup was also very good, but her salad was mostly just lettuce. When we arrived, a waiter tried to seat us at a miniscule table for two right in the direct sun. At this point the restaurant was completely empty. When we asked to be seated at an adjacent four-top, he had to go check his computer; when he returned, he placed the two menus on that table and walked away without a word. It took several minutes for our waitress to come over to get our drink order, then we watched as the bartender continued to slice fruit before he made our drinks. Overall, the wait staff seemed more interested in chatting amongst themselves than waiting on us.
- What a joyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014Because of savor Sarasota we tried EAT HERE with low expectations. Where we wrong. Four of us each has something different and each was wonderful. Great service, wide choices, to die for Chocolate dessert as were the other desserts. We wiSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in SARASOTAAFavoriteinSarasotaDined on 6/1/2014We had a fantastic dinner...filet was perfectly delish! My husband got the fish with tomato coconut curry it was devine! Probably the best fish ever! Highly recommend this place. Wine bottles were reasonably priced. The only suggestion I would have is that our server was not that good. We were with another couple who ordered pizza and fish tacos (both good) but our server brought out their food (main course) as if it was an appetizer. I believe he should have asked us how we wanted it out. Also, not good at refilling water and drinks. Never asked if we wanted more wine which we could have. The food was so good that we overlooked his mistakes!Special Features:
- still very very goodmattDined on 5/30/2014The appetizers at eat here are exceptional. I never thought that i would have ever said "you have to try these deviled eggs", but you do. You really do. Main course was great tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wanna BecruiseteachersDined on 5/29/2014Service was attentive, but meal was spoiled by cheap silverware and glassware. Ordered a $10 glass of wine and also had a certificate for a free glass of wine. Both came in the same small glass which certainly did nothing for either wine. Silverware was dime store tinny and did not fit the décor or the prices. I ordered mussels, more than a dozen of them had not opened. When I mentioned this to the hostess, she commented that when one orders mussels one should expect two or three not to open. I agree, but more than a dozen? My frites were soggy and cold. I mentioned that to the waiter and they did bring me a fresh order of hot ones, but again the comment that they were meant to be soaked in the juice. All in all second rate for us.Special Features:
- Healthy eatingDocSDined on 5/25/2014Have eaten in two of their restaurants and always find the food fresh and wholesome. They could be more generous with the shrimp and lobster tacos as more cabage then protein.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lakewood Ranch residentPattiDined on 5/25/2014Our favorite restaurant in Sarasota. All the food tastes fresh and so flavorful. The pesto bruschetta is the best. Service is friendly and professional. Fun atmosphere.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodConiConAMIDined on 5/24/2014We understand the concept of dining at "eat here". You are served your dishes as they are completed in the kitchen in no particular order. The kitchen was really on top of it the night we dined. No time to breath between plates. We completed our dining experience within 60 minutes of sitting down. And it took 15 minutes from the time we sat down and ordered drinks to the time received them. Our server was pleasant but never smiled.Special Features:
- WowTampaRobert67Dined on 5/24/2014Service and food was great will be back . Luck we came across this wonderful resturanySpecial Features:
- Awsome experience.DebbieDined on 5/17/2014The service and food quality were excellent. My coffee and coriander encrusted filet was one of the best I have had. Our waitress, Devi, was awesome. We did get free drink coupons at the movie theatre...but didn't have a chance to hit the bar. Maybe next time. Thanks.Special Features:
- Not as good as Siesta Key Eat HerelaurieslandVIPDined on 5/17/2014I find Siesta Key's Eat Here outstanding time and again. I have yet to have a positive experience at the downtown SRQ unit. Last night the ribs were cold and the sauce thick and gloppy. The potato salad tasted so sharp, I thought it had gone bad. I tasted my companion's potato salad, and his was the same. The cole slaw was unremarkable--not worth the energy to eat. Our server forgot to put in my order, and we had to ask twice for a spoon for our coffee. This was my third time here. Sean Murphy's restaurants are so spectacular, I keep giving this one another try. Third strike they're out. I won't be coming back here, but you'll see me at the Eat Here on Siesta Key.Special Features:
- Fun Place to EatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/15/2014Eat Here looked great on the Internet so my wife and I tried it. We had seafood tacos, tomato soup and cocktails. Everything was delicious and fresh. The tomato soup curled my toes. The drinks were well made and imaginative. We went upstairs and had another drink and dessert. It was an amazing way to end a great meal. Inhighly recommend Eat Here for a fun time and a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vacationing from TampajeffrDined on 5/13/2014We were seated right away, our reservations were for 5:30. We shared a salad and key lime cheesecake that were great. My wife had the surf and turf special and I had the seafood stew. Very good service, a bottle of water serverd to every table. Finished with an espresso. My wife even thanked the chef for cooking her steak perfectly. A wonderful tuesday evening meal. Our 1st meal here but won't be our last.Special Features:
- Excellent RestauranteharvDined on 5/11/2014I have eaten here multiple times, and every time I have left feeling fat, happy, and completely satisfied. Their tempura beets are amazing but I must say, their kale salad is like heaven. Everything I have eaten there is great and it has never disappointed. They also have awesome drinks like Brazilian cachaca and their housemade pineapple infused vodka. Excellent service and staff as well!! Can't say enough good things about Eat Here!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique foodLuluDined on 5/9/2014Rooftop is great for casual drinks and light bites. Food preparation is always unique. Can also get some of the same menu ties from downstairs. Great happy hour!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Rooftop BarexplorerDined on 5/6/2014We went early for Happy Hour at the Rooftop bar. Great bartender and good selection of small plates. We would probably call that dinner on another visit.
- Not Thrilled!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/5/2014We were there @ 6:30, so it was pretty quiet. The kale caesar salad had mostly romaine lettuce and tiny shavings of kale/disappointing as other restaurants who offer kale caesar actually make the salad out of kale. The service was amateur, not her fault but no professional training. She would walk right by us without even looking to see if we needed anything. We had to ask her to check on our dinner order after waiting 25 minutes. We won't be going back, as there are too many other very good dining choices in Sarasota.
- YumOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/4/2014We have had dinner at the Eat Here Restuarants in Downtown Sarasota & at Siesta Key. Each time the food was Amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeStpetebchDined on 5/2/2014Met some friends from london here for drinks and dinner. Everything was great. Food service and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConfusingnobirdDined on 4/29/2014While we enjoyed the food at Eat Here, Sarasota, the overall experience was a bit too confusing and the flow seemed very disruptive for a tranquil eating experience. The menu, above all, was way too complicated with computer generated sheets on a clipboard...too many offerings, too much explanation from the waiter, and not enough included in the entrées without additional items. The bread (Bruschetta and dips and garlic bread) was excellent and very freshly made. I appreciated that all the ingredients and food was prepared from scratch and enjoyed the meal once it came. The parking was convenient, but the long stairs to and from the dining area was somewhat difficult. Altogether....too confusing for this diner.Special Features:
- The waiterTip4goodsvcDined on 4/26/2014Our waiter was very "rude", " unattentive", and "DIRTY". We will not eat inside again for fear of getting the same service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 307 reviews are from the eat here - Sarasota reviews archive.
- outoftownerVIPDined on 4/20/2014For the restaurant: I was there on Sunday night around 9:00. I ordered a carafe of malbec and it was not available. The waiter instead offered me another wine and poured me a full glass and charged me $13 for the single well-filled glass. I asked him about it and he said that was correct even though when he made the substitution he told me he had to punch it in by the glass but that he would give me two full glasses. I was disturbed by this but paid for it. Otherwise, the food and service were goo.
- Eat Here - MaybeFoodieDined on 4/19/2014Used to be a great, innovative, cheeky location for neat food, from battered beets to meatloaf. Dinner this past Saturday was "adequate" with greasy chips and stringy, chewy pot roast and a waiter who seemed to think he worked in a fast food restaurant, immediately asking if we were ready to order, even though we didn't even have our drinks (which took an eternity to arrive). Used to be a go to location when friends and family visited but was a real disappointment this last time as they didn't deliverI would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food!CookieDined on 4/19/2014Food was quite good and plenty of choices for vegetarians!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/18/2014Our waiter was very knowledgable re ingredients and offered up some small samples which helped us choose our meals.Special Features:
- Share MenuWendeeDined on 4/17/2014Loved the shared menu very eclectic choices and good variety of fish and meat as well as vegetarian dishes. The atmosphere was fun and upbeat. We totally enjoyed our experience there and would definitely come back and recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They're right… EAT HERE!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/16/2014Really cool place and one of our favorites in Sarasota OR Anna Maria. Fun menu, fantastic service. Sarasota location has excellent uncovered or covered outdoor dining as well as inside. Neat bar upstairs - also indoor/outdoor. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Consistently excellentSamchildVIPDined on 4/14/2014We are batting 1.000 with eat here. Another out of the park meal - inventive, good for you, fun and perfectly prepared. Service with a genuine smile, not the kind only reserved for that "here's-the-bill-so-remember-me-fondly" moment. Sprint, don't just run and eat here at eat here. Ours is a MacArthur moment - we shall return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eclectic Selection: Food and OtherSamchildVIPDined on 4/13/2014Felt like we were underwater -- surrounded by schools of fish -- wall murals, ceiling murals, tabletops, lighting fixtures. Vibrant, funky colors, vibrant funky layout, everything was just off-balance enough to make it interesting. Menu on a clipboard -- different, useful. Fish selections were off-the-hook interesting and, when devoured, delicious. Made-as-you-watch lemonade was incredible. Quinoa salad an absolute must-try. Service friendly, responsive and non-intrusive. Prices were just a little elevated -- a couple of bucks less would have been perfect. Hard to find fault with eat here. The name says it all. We went back the next evening to see if our successful visit was a one-off. It was not, we had even a better experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We arrived on time for theFeedbackDined on 4/12/2014We arrived on time for the reservation and a table was not ready. The staff offered us drinks and we waited outside for a while which was fine with us. However the overall service was extremely slow. The food, when it arrived, was good and the variety was above average. One odd thing for us was the way the food arrived. One person in our group received nothing for over an hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting experienceJILLYVIPDined on 4/11/2014The food was fantastic!!! The server was knowledgeable about the menu and helpful with suggestions. But it was odd . . . at first he seemed indifferent, almost annoyed that we were there. Then he became animated and engaged, very helpful and warm. And then as the night progressed and we were ending our meal, the indifference showed up again. All in all, a great night, wonderful food, fresh and delicious. I'd go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food, Fun Evening!Mac4104VIPDined on 4/11/2014We dined upstairs at RoofTop Bar, fine service, yummy light bites and wine/beer selections are super!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was extremely slow.susanDined on 4/11/2014Service was extremely slow. My guest was served his lunch at least 20 minutes before I received mine. I had to ask for ketsup 3 times before I actually got it. They just didn't seem to care too much .
- Disappointing, had heard goodTravelerVIPDined on 4/8/2014Disappointing, had heard good things, mussels were just ok, sauce needed flavor, fries, not worth the calories. Pot roast was fair, meat was tough. We did like sitting outside, might try it again for drinks & appetizers .
- Fun and very yummy!AmyBGDined on 4/7/2014My husband and I had dinner here for our 4th anniversary. It is a great little restaurant with interesting artsy decor. The food was fabulous! We shared a couple small plates, the French dip grilled cheese, the ribs and the housemade chips with blue cheese. All the food was wonderfully prepared and presented. Eat Here is located right in downtown Sarasota, close to parking and all the Sarasota nightlife. I definitely recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FunjewelsDined on 4/6/2014My friends and I had a great time, the food was awesome, and the service was good. This is a bit more like casual dining with a twist of upscale food. Since my friends and I are not always so quiet it worked out well. We will be back!!Special Features: