eat here - Anna Maria
5315 Gulf Drive
Holmes Beach, FL 34217Neighborhood:
Anna Maria Island
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
eat here - Anna Maria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.eathereannamaria.com/
- Phone: 9417780411x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 5-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from eat here - Anna Maria
The Eat Here restaurants in Sarasota and Anna Maria Island were recently selected as two of Florida's "Best New Restaurants" as part of Florida Trend's Golden Spoon Awards. The award was particularly gratifying for the team at Eat Here's parent restaurant, the Beach Bistro, which has long been enthroned in Florida Trend's "Golden Spoon Hall of Fame" and ZAGAT's "Top Restaurants in America. Eat Here was previously selected “Best New Restaurant” by newspapers on Anna Maria Island and in Sarasota. The third Eat Here has now opened on Siesta Key to similar rave reviews. Eat Here celebrates chef-crafted, Gulf-Coast cookery featuring presentations of local farm products, fresh, locally-caught seafood and inspired pizza and tacos. The Eat Here bars serve traditional and creative cocktails, craft beers, and wines from pimarily family-owned vineyards.Continued
Eat Here’s chef staff is trained in the Beach Bistro's school of commitment to culinary excellence.
Eat Here’s chef staff is trained in the Beach Bistro's school of commitment to culinary excellence.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
eat here - Anna Maria - Best Restaurants in Anna Maria Island ›
eat here - Anna Maria reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (49)fit for foodies (40)special occasion (14)great for outdoor dining (13)kid-friendly (12)hot spot (10)notable wine list (10)good for groups (8)great for lunch (6)romantic (5)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- excellent foodJeffMDined on 9/20/2014Overall, everything we had was delicious, from the fried beets to the key lime cheesecake. I had the grouper which was perfectly cooked and obviously very fresh. In sort of a dreary location for AMI, (view of a parking lot) but still worth it. Short walk to the beach for an after-dinner stroll, or before-dinner sunset.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but not special.catladyDined on 9/15/2014Chose this restaurant because we realized that the owner of The Beach Bistro also owned this. This is a very small place in a strip mall that serves good food but has no ambiance. The grouper was fresh but the preparation was just a light dusting of cajun spices. Don't go expecting anything even close to Beach Bistro.
- Really enjoyed food & service.OuttoeatDined on 9/13/2014We each tried a different meal and they were all delicious. Only exception was our friends pot roast was very fatty. My husbands steak melted in your mouth and my ribs were also very tender and tasty. My green beans were amazing. Our server was very attentive. We will definitely be back with more friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A MUST!SkybirdDined on 8/31/2014We never miss an opportunity to dine at Eat Here when we visit AMI. The menu is eclectic and different from any other restaurant you will visit. The appetizers are incredible, especially the garlic potato chips and the poutine (French fries and demi glas). The quinoa salad is excellent! As for entrees, the shrimp and lobster tacos are our favorite, incredibly fresh and with the perfect combination of marinade. The seafood special is always fresh and the desserts are to die for! I have never eaten a better key lime cheesecake anywhere, from the ginger crust to the smooth filling. It is loud indoors so we always opt to dine outside where there are few tables and allows for a cozy and quiet experience.Special Features:
- Kid FriendlyFamsWelcomeDined on 8/31/2014Def not romantic, very noisy & kid friendly. Great food, service, & drink list. Good for loud, noisy types that don't mind others in close proximity to you. The atmosphere was not what we were looking for...not the establishment's fault, we just wanted something quieter & more private.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was alrightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014I liked the beachy paintings, but overall the restaurant was tiny and cramped. The service was just OK. I loved the homemade pickles and fries. I thought the lobster and shrimp tacos would be better. Kinda tasted like the shrimp had been waiting around and oversteamed.
- Fine for dinnerLorelei19Dined on 8/20/2014Lots of menu options, good for sharing. However, they are unwilling to modify dishes in any way. For example, you can't add a meat or fish to any salad. Kind of annoying. The restaurant interior is also kind of dingy looking, especially for how expensive the food is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun find!KrisDined on 8/19/2014Eat Here is a casual fun "American Tappas" as to having smaller portions that can be shared. A favorite is the beet tampura. But, anything on the menu is wonderful!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Special vacation dinnersIeathereDined on 8/15/2014I have eaten here once a year since they opened and enjoyed every meal. The fish is always perfectly cooked. Our servers are always freindly and knowledgable . I will never get enough of those tempura beets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yuma-licious!!ThetravellingsakesmanDined on 8/11/2014Consistently fresh and daring choices in a warm and welcoming atmosphere. We prefer to eat inside as it has a much better ambiance with options of congregating at the "community supper bar" or at a table next to the vibrant artwork.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't waste your moneyAlan1234Dined on 8/10/2014If you want a hot dog and fries for 20.00 dollars then go. There are great places on the island for lunch and dinner other than Eat Hear. We went to many restaurants during our 7 day stay and we will NEVER return.
- Cool place with creative menuBdubnjaxDined on 8/8/2014We really enjoyed our experience here. The menu selections are very creative and they are prepared well. The service was good and it is a lively atmosphere. It was a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Yum!AB0211Dined on 8/3/2014Amazing server and even better food. Food was HOT and wonderful. Definitely something different from your normal fish and chips. Great experience and very full when we left. Corn casserole is a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Need a bigger place--which you will find eventually. Waitress was superb; food the best we have experienced on The Island. We ordered and consumed a variety, and sampled each setting. All were outstanding. Pleased not to have disappointed out-of-town guests. We will recommend EAT HERE to Friends--and (as Arnold would say) "We'll be back." James DEANSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LocalLocalDined on 8/1/2014All dinners & appetizers ordered were delicious. Some of the dishes like the Gulf Shrimp were a little skimpy and another item ordered was the roasted clams which were amazing. However, I was a little disappointed when asking for additional bread to enjoy the delicious sauce they were in- for some reason that seemed to be a problem - not sure why - I would think that would be a compliment to the chef. All in all it was a delicious meal. We all enjoyed all the dishes as we shared everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine mealSheldonDined on 7/29/2014One of the best restaurants I have eaten at in Florida.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anna maria's gemsAMIerDined on 7/26/2014Eat here always pleases. Wish they had a liquor license. Would liketo try some of their Siesta drink specialties. Love their rootbeer floats.Special Features:
- SallyDined on 7/25/2014Sean Murphy's eat here has wonderful food and excellent wine, a great place on Anna Maria Island for foodies and families!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining - much funPompanoDined on 7/25/2014This is super place to eat. Inspired local food choices that are accessible to everyone. The staff is friendly, smart, and quick to bring your meal when you need it - at ease when the timing dictates otherwise. Lots of great beers and wines and the tab won't kill the budget - even with the family having the extra appetizer, pizza, or salad. The chef is not afraid to show both a southern and international side to many of the dishes or their preference for well-chosen craft beers and American wines - and specialties of Florida such as fish and shellfish are exceptional. I have eaten all over Florida, and places like this are and not to missed.Special Features:
- A great find!luvuniquefindsDined on 7/25/2014Eat Here was a surprise. I thought it was going to be a diner, but much to my surprise it was dining at its finest. Very fresh, made to order, unique choices. Beef, seafood, and even their to die for hotdog w/ bearnaise sauce were all excellent. The server was very attentive, and the food came out hot and quickly. We were warned that the food was made to order so might come out at different times, but it all came out together! I would definitely recommend Eat Here, and if we ever return to Holmes Beach, I hope to dine there, again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodJ9j9Dined on 7/24/2014Lobster and shrimp tacos are awesome! The steak is great too. I don't recommend "to go" because the orders are a lot smaller.Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014Food was fantastic. Service was good less the drink glasses going dry for a few of us. Busy place bit tight and a little noisy. Would be a bit pricey for most. But very enjoyable.Special Features:
- DisappointingChitown2000Dined on 7/8/2014We ate here with our children for dinner. I don't recommend this for families especially. Very loud and crowded atmosphere. Our waitress was inattentive. The kids shrimp dinner had only three shrimp! Food tasted decent but menu selection is lacking. Specials were never explained nor were suggestions made. Also, we had to ask for kids menu!
- greasy at eat herefuntimeinthesunDined on 7/6/2014we did not like the meal at all. everything we ordered was greasy.
- Great food, friendly service !ChattygalVIPDined on 7/5/2014We had the grouper special and it was delicious! I lt was so fresh and cooked perfectly. We loved the corn soufflé! We will efinitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Does not disappointLayzlivinDined on 7/1/2014We have eaten here several times and never disappointed. I had the lobster and shrimp tacos. Nice flavors and very freshSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off nightRobbieDined on 6/29/2014My family normally loves this resturant but this was definitely a off night. My daughter ordered the half chicken dish and discovered after a few bites it was completely raw in the middle.the waiter scooped it up put the plate back into the oven and returned it to her. Needless to say it was awful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat Here - You really need to!!MoonRiver1VIPDined on 6/26/2014This casual restaurant on Anna Maria Island, FL really provides the atmosphere most people want when enjoying a casual vacation while still offeirng top quality food. Their comfort foods do not disappoint (macaroni & cheese, pot roast, veal meatloaf), etc. and interesting desserts fulfill most everyone's cravings. They only serve beer and wine as opposed to a full bar (FYI). Whenever visiting family in the area, we will continue to make Eat Here one of our choices.Special Features:
- Kid friendly neighborhood gemChicagoRegularGuyDined on 6/26/2014We always stop at this restaurant when in AMI. It is a smaller version of the Beach Bistro with the same care for great tasting dishes and super service. The atmosphere is casual and pretty kid friendly. We loved the lobster and shrimp tacos and our daughter had the shrimp from the kids menu. it's a neighborhood gem that you should try next time in AMI.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PromiseDined on 6/20/2014Been a number if times and have always enjoyed the food. The staff is very friendly.Special Features:
- polterPolterDined on 6/20/2014We were welcomed right away and our waiter joined us to review all the specials of the night. FRESH options that were all locally sourced. The food was very fresh and hot, cooked to order. Many wine and craft beer choices. We WILL be going back before we leave at least once. The service was great, Douglas was very knowledgeable and attentive to all our wants and needs, he was a great server! The Lobster shrimp tacos were very nice for a change, the french onion soup was a nice starter. The wife and kids got chicken strips and grilled cheese that was gourmet. Wonderful spot to eat and drink!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great filetsuzie2015Dined on 6/18/2014The food and service was excellent! The dinner I had was "late night out". The filet was the best I ever had. The shrimp was very good also. I live on Anna Maria Island so I will be back. I was disappointed there was no Happy Hour, even though the website said there is Happy Hour 5PM-6PM.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DO NOT EAT FISH HERE!FishermanDined on 6/14/2014Coffee, coriander crust tenderloin is outstanding! Price fair, not great. Son had grouper on the specials - according to waiter Douglas, was being fillet as he was walking in to restaurant. Specials did not have a price on menu - no specials did. Douglasdid not mention prices. We had gone earlier in the week and Clayton was great - mentioned all the specials in detail with prices. The fish - 4 ozs of grouper was very fishy tasting. Not flaky or fresh, looked undercooked. NOT fresh! Overpriced at $29 which we did not find out until the check came. Eat here has new menus with new prices. Waiters or computers still have old prices - tenderloin was $29, new menu price $28. Check came,charged $29. Only $1 difference, but not right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a pleasant surprise!!MarkVIPDined on 6/12/2014Outstanding in every way. We had a group of four and each of us enjoyed our experience immensely. One of the very best on Anna Maria Island. I highly recommend!! Freshest seafood, best roast chicken ever, great and unusual wines.Special Features:
- Great Baby Beach BistroMadEatterVIPDined on 6/5/2014Excellent food owned by Gold Spoon winner Beach Bistro. Similar entrees with their on specials.Special Features:
- ExcellantDollytedDined on 6/2/2014Jenavive our server was outstanding the atmosphere,food service was outstanding all round.Special Features:
- SalmonKarenDined on 6/1/2014We love the salmon with the horseradish. The corn casserole is our favorite side dish.Special Features:
- Cary DIwilltryitDined on 5/31/2014Food was excellent and the menu remains unparalleled for this area. The restaurant was very crowded and several different members of the wait staff had to serve us - seemed not to have enough staff to cover all the patrons on that evening.Special Features:
- The following 109 reviews are from the eat here - Anna Maria reviews archive.
- Mixed feelingstryingnewstuffDined on 5/2/2014The food was delicious but small in portions and high(ish) in price. The two kids meals for $6 were larger in quantity than the meals the adults had (ranging in price from $13.50 to $16.00). I also didn't like that the pricing was left out for the chef's pick Taco's that I had and for the kids meals on the menus. Honestly, I was surprised to find pulled beef tacos to be more expensive than seafood tacos when the bill arrived. It's not a place I would go back to even though, yes the food tasted great.
- Always a good choiceRussDined on 4/30/2014Interesting menu and moderate priced. Nice place in Anna Maria. Try the meat loaf.Special Features: