eat here - Anna Maria
5315 Gulf Drive
Holmes Beach, FL 34217Neighborhood:
Anna Maria Island
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
eat here - Anna Maria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.eathereannamaria.com/
- Phone: (941) 778-0411
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 5-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from eat here - Anna Maria
The Eat Here restaurants in Sarasota and Anna Maria Island were recently selected as two of Florida's "Best New Restaurants" as part of Florida Trend's Golden Spoon Awards. The award was particularly gratifying for the team at Eat Here's parent restaurant, the Beach Bistro, which has long been enthroned in Florida Trend's "Golden Spoon Hall of Fame" and ZAGAT's "Top Restaurants in America. Eat Here was previously selected “Best New Restaurant” by newspapers on Anna Maria Island and in Sarasota. The third Eat Here has now opened on Siesta Key to similar rave reviews. Eat Here celebrates chef-crafted, Gulf-Coast cookery featuring presentations of local farm products, fresh, locally-caught seafood and inspired pizza and tacos. The Eat Here bars serve traditional and creative cocktails, craft beers, and wines from pimarily family-owned vineyards.Continued
Eat Here’s chef staff is trained in the Beach Bistro's school of commitment to culinary excellence.
Eat Here’s chef staff is trained in the Beach Bistro's school of commitment to culinary excellence.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
eat here - Anna Maria - Best Restaurants in Anna Maria Island ›
eat here - Anna Maria reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (40)neighborhood gem (39)romantic (12)special occasion (11)notable wine list (10)great for outdoor dining (10)hot spot (9)good for groups (7)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (5)great for lunch (4)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- food was high quality. most items priced rightrichorellaDined on 11/22/2014The seafood chowder was awesome and well priced but the shrimp entre, also very good, was over priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First-time visitorsRedheartDined on 11/16/2014Fast, attentive service complete with pointers from the server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still the same poor serviceTimusVIPDined on 11/3/2014Had not been to Eat Here for a year due to bad experience last time. Nothing has changed. Food tastes good, but the portions are small and the prices are high for what you get. Poor service. Table was open but took them 15 minutes to seat us at a table 5 steps from where we were standing. Took another 15 minutes to get waited on. Took 45 minutes and they brought out 1 of our dinners. We then waited another 30 minutes for the other 4 meals to arrive. The server cautioned me that my plate with Seafood Stew was hot, be careful. It was cold. So were the steamed clams. Very cold. Like they had been prepared 30 min earlier when the first meal came out. The other 2 meals were hot. Never going back. 3rd time here and always the same. Avoid.
- Superb food every time!JoeMiltonDined on 11/3/2014We have been "Eating Here" since it opened! The food is superb,the veal meatloaf,petit filet,pizza,seafood,French onion soup are all favorites of ours. Every single meal we have had here has been excellent. The strip mall ambience does not undermine the dining experience! Put this on the top of your list!!fishSpecial Features:
- Loved itVirginiaDined on 11/2/2014Great food, great service, nice casual ambience. Planning to return. Still thinking about the lobster and shrimp tacos with generous chunks of tender lobster - absolutely will need more of those.
- . Great food and service.DscrivDined on 10/30/2014Grab an outside table as it can be noisy inside . Either way the food quality and service was above average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always excellentjimgabDined on 10/24/2014One of our favorite spots on the island. Nice ambiance, though you would never know it from the outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!RickDined on 10/24/2014Eat Here on AMI is a must place for dinner while visiting Anna Maria Island! The food is always fantastic and the menu varied. Nice wine list and several good beers on draft. Service is professional and attentive. It can be a bit noisy, but the common main table is a great way to meet new friends or request a booth and have an intimate dinner! Either way, you can't go wrong!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food.EricVIPDined on 10/24/2014I eat there often. We are early diners and often have Douglas as the waiter. He is very knowledgeable and is good source of information when selecting wine to compliment a perfect meal. The food is always consistent and cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerMarsAndLeahDined on 10/18/2014We went to celebrate our anniversary. We opted to sit outside, which ended up being a great decision. The tables are close together and by the middle of our meal a few couples joined, but it still felt cozy enough for private conversations. I even saw kids there. Food was ok. Service was great! Don't forget to make a reservation---it filled up while we were there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fussyDined on 10/18/2014All I can say is that ever time we've been here - everything - and I mean everything -- is as perfect as you can get it -- outstanding quality in food and diversity - extremely friendly and service-oriented wait staff, real character inside as far as ambiance -- which is part of the experience. Anyone who gives up a chance to dine here is missing one of the best there is.Special Features:
- good food, not much on ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/14/2014I dont know why we have to freeze to death to spend 24 dollars on fish soup. Well, that may be a bit snarky but the food is good, despite the outre mashed potatoes with chipotle and some other ingredient that really has nothing to do with mashed potatoes. I had the shrimp, well prepared. The wine list is quite good, the desserts, an apple concoction and chocolate pudding outrageously good.Special Features:
- 36th AnniversarylynjoyDined on 10/14/2014This year we chose to come back to Anna Maria Island, from Toronto area, to spend our 36th anniversary. Once the trip was booked I could not wait to go back to Eat Here. As always the food was great: yellowtail snapper cooked to perfection and a delicious moist chicken that fed us the next day as well. We always return here on our trips back to the island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food menuBrenDined on 10/14/2014The menu has a good variety to choose from. The food is absolutely fantastic. My family and I look forward to dining at EAT HERE. We especially enjoy the Tempura Beets. The food is always good and the wait staff are very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful from start to finish!WanderlustDined on 10/13/2014The dining room is small enough to be intimate-cozy and yet open enough to be good for smaller groups as well. The wait staff was very friendly, helpful, and attentive. We really enjoyed the fresh-to-table concept where things came out in stages so they were as fresh as possible. We loved the variety of offerings between the menu and specials and even ordered dessert, a rarity for us. A special treat was when the owner honored a couple that he knew well who were there with family celebrating their 59th wedding anniversary. He bought us all a glass of champagne to toast them. Very warm and welcoming place.Special Features:
- Great Food _ Warm AtmosphereislandguyDined on 10/13/2014This is a great place with a cozy feel. Cross between and neighborhood restaurant and an elegant restaurant. Good food, Great wine list although not huge and a beer listing fit for a great night. Wait staff is congenial and knowledgable. The owner Sean is in and out and makes a point of insuring things go right. Personal touch makes a difference. Food is good protions and fun to try new things. Prices are good, not expensive.Special Features:
- Eat Here- I will again!island2dinerDined on 10/9/2014The food was superior and to my delight, the menu had items not common to a lot of places. Was nice to taste different foods. Service was excellent. Would highly recommend and I will be backSpecial Features:
- DJRayDined on 10/7/2014I ordered the Yellowtail snapper special and it was the Best prepared piece of fish I have ever eaten. The lobster sauce topping enhanced the snappers juicy sweetness. I am a West coast of Florida native and have consumed some of the best seafood ever prepared over the last 60 years. This was the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent foodJeffMDined on 9/20/2014Overall, everything we had was delicious, from the fried beets to the key lime cheesecake. I had the grouper which was perfectly cooked and obviously very fresh. In sort of a dreary location for AMI, (view of a parking lot) but still worth it. Short walk to the beach for an after-dinner stroll, or before-dinner sunset.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food productPhil12Dined on 9/19/2014After first visit with my family (5adults) 4 said the food was lovely. I had half chicken. It had been deep fried and the breast was incredible dry. The legs were 'ok'. The vegetables (carrots broccoli and roquette) were lovely. The fingerling potatoes appeared to be salad potatoes and the bigger pieces were hard. My meal overall was just 'ok' We decided to go back as it was generally very good. I booked a table with a request (in the appropriate box on booking firm) for a simple breast of chicken, either steamed 'en pappiate' or oven baked (20 mins fir a 200grm breast). Served with a traditional pepper sauce, potatoes and vegetables. We arrived. My request was not met. I had seafood tacos. It was awful with veins in prawns. No room now
- Good food but not special.catladyDined on 9/15/2014Chose this restaurant because we realized that the owner of The Beach Bistro also owned this. This is a very small place in a strip mall that serves good food but has no ambiance. The grouper was fresh but the preparation was just a light dusting of cajun spices. Don't go expecting anything even close to Beach Bistro.
- Really enjoyed food & service.OuttoeatDined on 9/13/2014We each tried a different meal and they were all delicious. Only exception was our friends pot roast was very fatty. My husbands steak melted in your mouth and my ribs were also very tender and tasty. My green beans were amazing. Our server was very attentive. We will definitely be back with more friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A MUST!SkybirdDined on 8/31/2014We never miss an opportunity to dine at Eat Here when we visit AMI. The menu is eclectic and different from any other restaurant you will visit. The appetizers are incredible, especially the garlic potato chips and the poutine (French fries and demi glas). The quinoa salad is excellent! As for entrees, the shrimp and lobster tacos are our favorite, incredibly fresh and with the perfect combination of marinade. The seafood special is always fresh and the desserts are to die for! I have never eaten a better key lime cheesecake anywhere, from the ginger crust to the smooth filling. It is loud indoors so we always opt to dine outside where there are few tables and allows for a cozy and quiet experience.Special Features:
- Kid FriendlyFamsWelcomeDined on 8/31/2014Def not romantic, very noisy & kid friendly. Great food, service, & drink list. Good for loud, noisy types that don't mind others in close proximity to you. The atmosphere was not what we were looking for...not the establishment's fault, we just wanted something quieter & more private.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was alrightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014I liked the beachy paintings, but overall the restaurant was tiny and cramped. The service was just OK. I loved the homemade pickles and fries. I thought the lobster and shrimp tacos would be better. Kinda tasted like the shrimp had been waiting around and oversteamed.
- Fine for dinnerLorelei19Dined on 8/20/2014Lots of menu options, good for sharing. However, they are unwilling to modify dishes in any way. For example, you can't add a meat or fish to any salad. Kind of annoying. The restaurant interior is also kind of dingy looking, especially for how expensive the food is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun find!KrisDined on 8/19/2014Eat Here is a casual fun "American Tappas" as to having smaller portions that can be shared. A favorite is the beet tampura. But, anything on the menu is wonderful!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Special vacation dinnersIeathereDined on 8/15/2014I have eaten here once a year since they opened and enjoyed every meal. The fish is always perfectly cooked. Our servers are always freindly and knowledgable . I will never get enough of those tempura beets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yuma-licious!!ThetravellingsakesmanDined on 8/11/2014Consistently fresh and daring choices in a warm and welcoming atmosphere. We prefer to eat inside as it has a much better ambiance with options of congregating at the "community supper bar" or at a table next to the vibrant artwork.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't waste your moneyAlan1234Dined on 8/10/2014If you want a hot dog and fries for 20.00 dollars then go. There are great places on the island for lunch and dinner other than Eat Hear. We went to many restaurants during our 7 day stay and we will NEVER return.
- Cool place with creative menuBdubnjaxDined on 8/8/2014We really enjoyed our experience here. The menu selections are very creative and they are prepared well. The service was good and it is a lively atmosphere. It was a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Yum!AB0211Dined on 8/3/2014Amazing server and even better food. Food was HOT and wonderful. Definitely something different from your normal fish and chips. Great experience and very full when we left. Corn casserole is a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Need a bigger place--which you will find eventually. Waitress was superb; food the best we have experienced on The Island. We ordered and consumed a variety, and sampled each setting. All were outstanding. Pleased not to have disappointed out-of-town guests. We will recommend EAT HERE to Friends--and (as Arnold would say) "We'll be back." James DEANSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LocalLocalDined on 8/1/2014All dinners & appetizers ordered were delicious. Some of the dishes like the Gulf Shrimp were a little skimpy and another item ordered was the roasted clams which were amazing. However, I was a little disappointed when asking for additional bread to enjoy the delicious sauce they were in- for some reason that seemed to be a problem - not sure why - I would think that would be a compliment to the chef. All in all it was a delicious meal. We all enjoyed all the dishes as we shared everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine mealSheldonDined on 7/29/2014One of the best restaurants I have eaten at in Florida.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 131 reviews are from the eat here - Anna Maria reviews archive.
- Anna maria's gemsAMIerDined on 7/26/2014Eat here always pleases. Wish they had a liquor license. Would liketo try some of their Siesta drink specialties. Love their rootbeer floats.Special Features:
- SallyDined on 7/25/2014Sean Murphy's eat here has wonderful food and excellent wine, a great place on Anna Maria Island for foodies and families!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining - much funPompanoDined on 7/25/2014This is super place to eat. Inspired local food choices that are accessible to everyone. The staff is friendly, smart, and quick to bring your meal when you need it - at ease when the timing dictates otherwise. Lots of great beers and wines and the tab won't kill the budget - even with the family having the extra appetizer, pizza, or salad. The chef is not afraid to show both a southern and international side to many of the dishes or their preference for well-chosen craft beers and American wines - and specialties of Florida such as fish and shellfish are exceptional. I have eaten all over Florida, and places like this are and not to missed.Special Features:
- A great find!luvuniquefindsDined on 7/25/2014Eat Here was a surprise. I thought it was going to be a diner, but much to my surprise it was dining at its finest. Very fresh, made to order, unique choices. Beef, seafood, and even their to die for hotdog w/ bearnaise sauce were all excellent. The server was very attentive, and the food came out hot and quickly. We were warned that the food was made to order so might come out at different times, but it all came out together! I would definitely recommend Eat Here, and if we ever return to Holmes Beach, I hope to dine there, again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodJ9j9Dined on 7/24/2014Lobster and shrimp tacos are awesome! The steak is great too. I don't recommend "to go" because the orders are a lot smaller.Special Features: