EAT at The Pearl
1410 Rosecrans Street
San Diego, CA 92106Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
EAT at The Pearl
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thepearlsd.com/
- Phone: 6192266100x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 10:00am to 4:00pm
Monday-Friday: 6:00pm to 10:00pm
Saturday: 5:00pm to 10:00pm
Monday-Thursday: 5:00pm to 11:00pm
Friday & Saturday 5:00pm to 12:00am
Day Bar ft. Tacos Perla
Saturday: 11:00am to 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jaison Burke
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: EAT at The Pearl provides amazing, hand-crafted food and beverage for your event, up to 150 persons. Our culinary team satisfies a variety of tastes with four-star, farm-to-table cuisine: tray passed and stationary hors d’oeuvres, action stations, carving stations and buffet. Also, enjoy 10 taps of local craft beer, eclectic wine lists and specialty cocktails. Our banquet menus are guides for customizing cuisine that’s magical and delicious.
- Entertainment: DIVE-IN THEATRE: Every Wednesday, all-year round, The Pearl Hotel presents "Dive-In Theatre," a FREE weekly "cinema social" combining eclectic film selections, food and drink and light conversation. The event takes place outdoors at our poolside lounge and theater located connected to EAT at The Pearl. Scheduled films project onto a 10' x 13' foot projection screen with full sound, overlooking our vintage, oyster-shaped swimming pool. Showtime is 8:00 pm; Food served until 10:00 pm; and bar open until 11 pm.
BINGO NIGHT: Scheduled for the last Thursday of each month, BINGO night is a great way to unwind, bring friends together and win prizes! Limited to the first 40 people to RSVP. Check-in is at 8:30PM. Reserve you space at RSVP@thepearlsd.com with your name, phone, # of people, time, and if you want to join us for dinner! NOTE: BINGO dates are subject to change due to holidays and special events. Call 619.226.6100 to confirm dates.
- Special Events: WEDDINGS & RECEPTIONS
The Pearl Hotel packs enough luster to make The Big Day, the best day – ever! Just like the happy couple, we’re deeply invested, vowing to provide a unique San Diego venue for wedding ceremonies and small, romantic receptions. See below for our “Own a Hotel for a Day” info!
CORPORATE / RECEPTIONS / PRIVATE EVENTS
The Pearl makes a big impact for business and private functions. Night or day, our accommodations set the perfect tone, as guests benefit from stylish indoor and outdoor settings. Whether it’s a meeting or celebration for an individual, group or business team building, our hotel staff and event coordinator will ensure a smooth, satisfying result.
OWN A HOTEL FOR A DAY
With food, beverage and hotel room packages starting at just $10,000.00, you can have up to 150 people join you for a private event at The Pearl. Contact email@example.com to learn about your dream day in San Diego.
- Cross Street: Fenelon St.
- Public Transit: Show your Car2Go membership card to get 15% of your restaurant bill! Car2Go charging and designated parking on site.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Limited on-site parking is offered at The Pearl to hotel guests only, when available. Parking costs are $10 per night. ½ price for Hybrid vehicles ($5). Restaurant diners can find ample parking in the area on the street without meters or time restrictions.
A word from EAT at The Pearl
EAT at The Pearl features New American and California Coastal cuisine, friendly table service, and award-winning interior design. Executive Chef Jaison Burke calls upon his background in a variety of regional styles to create exciting and eclectic dishes from seasonal, local ingredients. Prepare to be treated to menus that invite you to indulge culinary whims from simple to sophisticated or classic to contemporary. Together, the spirited food and the mood in the dining room fuel an energetic and urbane atmosphere. EAT at The Pearl also features an intimate bar area to relax alone or await dining companions. Friendly and knowledgeable bar staff serves expertly-selected wines and beers, along with signature cocktails to prime your palate for our kitchen’s winning preparations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
EAT at The Pearl - Best Restaurants in Point Loma ›
EAT at The Pearl reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since March 25 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (31)neighborhood gem (30)fit for foodies (20)special occasion (14)romantic (13)vibrant bar scene (12)great for brunch (10)good for groups (9)late-night find (7)hot spot (6)notable wine list (3)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Always a pleasureleisure4diningVIPDined on 7/19/2014Enjoyed EAT at the Pearl with a group of four on Sat nite. Loved the bread and garlic share appetizer, enough for all. I had the duck, nice and just the right size. The burger, chicken confit and gnocchi were all excellent. I Dream of Jeannie shows were fun. Recommend reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good.SleeplessInPLDined on 7/18/2014Nice place, good food, different type ambience. The only thing I did not like was hitting on bar stools for dinner. I have back problems and made dinner hard to enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not their best night from kitchenSamHDined on 7/11/2014My GF was looking forward to the Pearl, as it's been a while since our last visit. We always expect good food & drink when there. July 11 the bar was full and there only a few tables open for dinner. Ordered the gnocchi with short rib and rare flank steak chimuchurri, which was cooked fine , but was lacking flair tonight. Non exciting flavors. Service was slow. Ran out of water on a few occasions. Hopefully it was just an off night.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere - food was notJutPointLomaDined on 6/27/2014Second time eating here - we had the steak and the shrimp grits as well as the cod fritters. Steak was horrible. Rubbery and tough. We are about two bites. Shrimp grits were pretty good, but lacked overall flavor. Good size shrimp and consistency of grits was fine. Cod fritter appetizer was the best - although overcooked - borderline burnt. Atmosphere was great - staff was fine bit it took about :20 minutes before anyone came to take our drink order.
- Great PlaceBalinmDined on 6/23/2014Great Food. Great Service. everything was great, Thanks so muchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun, unique, great serviceJenLDined on 6/22/2014My husband and I stayed at The Pearl while visiting San Diego for our anniversary. We ate at EAT for Sunday brunch. The food was good. I had a play on eggs benedict, which was short ribs with arugula over puff pastry instead of your standard ham and spinach on an english muffin. My husband had country fried steak. We also had cocktails. My Bloody Mary came with a garnish that included a Cheez-It and a Slim Jim! Yum! The service was fantastic. Everyone was happy, attentive, and friendly. Last but not least, you can't beat the ambiance of poolside brunch and the funky mod decor!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PoseyDined on 6/20/2014Oysters were fresh and tasty. Chicken was delicious and the biegnets were very delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a cool idea!!JaimiVIPDined on 6/17/2014I have been hearing about this spot for so long and was really excited to finally try it. What a genius idea to take an old hotel and pair it with a super cool indoor outdoor restaurant. I really enjoyed the originality and the atmosphere. What I did not enjoy: The service was barely fair and the place was only half full. It was not a question of enough wait staff, just that there casual way of coming back to the table did not suit me. Took forever for the food to arrive and then forever for them to inquire about dessert that we decided to just skip it. If you are a vegetarian, do not go unless you want a pear salad. I don't understand the obsession with the bone marrow and pigs ears.Special Features:
- Love Eat at the PearldebbyDined on 6/10/2014Always love eating at the Pearl! The menu changes and so each visit is a new adventure in dining. Always delicious!Special Features:
- Delicious and Fun!VedrfolnirDined on 6/3/2014My wife and came here for our anniversary this year and last year. The food is amazing, the drinks are tasty and the service is incredible! The waitstaff is very well informed about the food and drinks and is happy to share their knowledge with you. I highly recommend this place. It is more expensive than my wife and I can afford on a regular basis but it is well worth it for a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love this placerboseDined on 5/31/2014My husband and I have done date night at The Pearl twice. Just the right noise level, yummy cocktails, and great service that we are always looked for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PearledTryin2helpDined on 5/28/2014My husband and I went to Eat the Pearl for our 10th wedding anniversary. The Pearl peeps couldn't have done more to make us feel special. Pampered while soaking up such a groovy atmosphere...perfect!! Add in the delicious food and extremely tasty cocktails and you won't want to ever leave. Our occasion just so happen to fall on a Dive-In night and so we also had cinema as a part of the overall flavor. Needless to say, we will find an excuse to go back soon!!Special Features:
- USED to love this place.SDLocalDined on 5/23/2014I've been going to this place for years as a staple for something hip, fun and different. It's no wonder I chose it to surprise my best friend for a low key Bachelorette outing. On the reservation notes, I asked for a nice table by the pool....but showed up and got sat at the bar top. Then the food came. I know their menu changes often but I've always found something good on there. I ordered the Braised Short Rib Gnocchi which was completely bland, however the guest of honor ordered Sweet Corn Risotto and I tried a bite; I couldn't believe how under cooked and lacking in flavor it was. Like the risotto had been cooked down in just plain water. The food was just plain gross. Time for them to address the head chef.
- The world is your oyster...MargieDined on 5/21/2014EAT at The Pearl has great food served in retro chic surroundings in open air around their oyster shell shaped swimming pool. We went on Wednesday night, which is movie night. We knew this going in and it was part of the fun...unfortunately, we were right under the speakers and it got too loud for us to enjoy each others' conversation. Get the grilled brussels sprouts appetizer and the Cat's Meow cocktail, with a sprig of lavender flower.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun & FunkyMrsRekeyDined on 5/3/2014Our first time, it was fun & funky. Menu simple but not ordinary. Food was very good. Service was great. Atmosphere was a nice change of pace. A great find in Point Loma!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food-hot spot on movie nightmarkVIPDined on 4/30/2014We were there on a "movie" night and the place was crowded...make sure you have reservations as without them we would not have been seated. A small restaurant in a small hotel. You eat either at pool side or with a view of the pool. We had great meals and a good menu. I recommend on going on other than a movie night if you want a bit more romantic meal.Special Features:
- great finddateniteDined on 4/26/2014Fun casual neighborhood restaurant with exceptionally tasty and innovative dishes and a great friendly and outgoing staff to go along with it.Special Features:
- Delicious Bone MarrowSunnyJaneVIPDined on 4/11/2014Bone Marrow at it's finest! Everyone else at my table enjoyed their main courses (flank steak special, pork chop and the burger with truffle fries) but the highlight was the bone marrow starter. Cocktails are fantastic as well - my regular is the Dark and Stormy.Special Features:
- The following 57 reviews are from the EAT at The Pearl reviews archive.
- We were not familiar withlaurabeezVIPDined on 4/11/2014We were not familiar with this part of town and randomly made the reservation to try something new. It was wonderful! Creative in every way, great service and just plain fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Eating at the PearlspikeDined on 3/28/2014Such a fun trendy restaurant, great food from organic local farms, dining around the pool with movies on the big screen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food/ friendly staffFoodcollectorDined on 3/20/2014The food was great! A couple great choices for vegetarians (squash ravioli & brossel sprouts were delish). The staff was pretty friendly & accommodating. A bit over priced, but flavor & portion somewhat made up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go eat here.porkiepieDined on 3/12/2014Love the ambiance and the food. It was a wednesday night and there were lots of people, very fun. They started showing Animal House just as we were finishing dinner. The service is very good. I'd say maybe a little 'too good'. I really enjoy when servers just leave me alone :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUMKrysDined on 3/8/2014The Brussels sprouts were to die for! My boyfriend and I both order the burger and it was really good. We can't wait to come back and try something different.Special Features:
- I was more impressed withMarahDined on 2/15/2014I was more impressed with the appetizers than our actual entrees. The beef tartare and brussel sprouts were fantastic. I had the duck and my husband had the steak. The entrees were okay, but I don't think I'd visit this place for the entrees. If I'm paying $32 for a steak, I don't want to think I could make a better one at home. The service and ambiance were wonderful. Both my husband and I agreed that we would return here for a cocktail and appetizer, but the entrees we tried didn't "wow" us and we aren't curious to try the others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Pearl is always fun. WaitfoodsterDined on 2/14/2014The Pearl is always fun. Wait staff is pleasant and thoughtful. Food is consistently very good, and specialty cocktails are refreshing. Ambience is unique, with the dive in pool setting and movies. Fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Pearl!debbyDined on 2/13/2014Always have fabulous time at the Pearl. Food is outstanding, delicious and interestingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved dive-in movie night.conferencedinerDined on 2/5/2014Loved dive-in movie night. Great food, great service. Cool place.Special Features:
- Fun placeJeanDined on 2/4/2014The Pearl is our favorite place in Pt. Loma to relax and enjoy great food in a unique atmosphere. If you take the plunge and go inside, which looks much different from the outside, you will be wonderfully surprised. We love the old movies that are played by the pool and staff that are friendly and helpful with recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brian, Sarah and Jesse areOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/31/2014Brian, Sarah and Jesse are all fantastic servers and some of the best we've experienced in San Diego. They all deserve high praise! The latest iteration of the menu is, frankly, a tad disappointing in terms of sides but the cuts of meat, apps and new cocktails more than make up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The PearlOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/30/2014Food portions too small. overpriced for a small boutique farm to table restaurant. Service is great; lots of variety on beverage menu.Special Features:
- Another great nightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/24/2014Can't beat I Dream of Jeannie in the background....Special Features:
- One of our faves!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/18/2014We've been to Pearl several times and it never has disappointed! It is our place to take other couples. I don't know that I would want to have more than just four at a table, but the ambiance is so cool and the food is so tasty, it is our go to place. The brussel sprouts are delish, short ribs are always great and most recently my husband had the pork chop and it was so juicy and flavorful! Also, don't discount the burger, it is amazing! Totally recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local Gem!DougieDined on 1/17/2014The Pearl, while small in size, has the vibrancy of a dinner night club twice the expanse. The drinks are exceedingly unusual and tasty as is the food - we had pork chops, oysters and steamed mussels - all of satisfactory portions and served hot and fresh - no waiting around after you've ordered for your food to arrive at the Pearl.. Criticism - parking or actually, the ;lack thereof. It requires a couple loops around the neighborhood to finally locate a spot to land. But the walk is invariably short and you're probably doing yourself a favor by getting a bit of exercise after such a scrumptious repast !!Special Features:
- Our Neighborhood SecretATBsterVIPDined on 1/15/2014The Pearl Hotel is one of our favorite local places to dine. We go at least once every two weeks, and the entire experience never fails to impress. We walk in and are greeted by the staff the way Norm was on the TV series 'Cheers!'. There is occasionally a wait for seats. Use OpenTable - particularly on Wednesdays (movie night) and weekends. Then appears an excellent martini for me and a Malbec for my wife. The food is good and remarkably consistent, although I wish they would bring back the varying pasta specials. Last night we had the beet appetizer, summer squash ravioli, and "the best hamburger in San Diego." Dessert selections are few, but I am assured that a gelato special is on the way - it's GREAT when it's on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem!DinerGirlDined on 1/4/2014We found a gem - great food, service, staff - we just love eating at the Pearl for the experience alone! Sitting out by the pool is just part of the experience as you watch a film (Elvis?) on the big screen. The hotel itself is a throw-back from the 60's with an updated look and the crowd is typically a cool crowd (28 - 50). You cant go wrong - we will continue to eat at the Pearl forever. I think the word is out by now......Special Features:
- The service was very friendlyKellyDined on 1/2/2014The service was very friendly and prompt. The theme and decor was very nice. Happy hour beer list was insanely small though. There was only one beer being offered for happy hour. Other than that everything was pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and the service wasNancyDined on 12/27/2013The food and the service was outstanding!! We were seated outside near the pool under a heat lamp. The food was both beautiful and tasty, and the service was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experiencejanelaDined on 12/4/2013We've been to The Pearl more times than I can remember, and it has always been a great experience on all accounts: the food is tops, the service is perfect, and the ambience is retro-chic but warm-and-comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out with friendsCaseyDined on 11/30/2013From start to finish, The Pearl was a win. The service was awesome, cocktails were delicious, food was perfectly prepared (the Catch of the Day was hands down the best fish I've had in San Diego), and my out-of-towners had a blast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All so good..as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/22/2013We ordered the French fries as always..which were killer, hot, excellent..The porkchop with tomato polenta was the bomb, so awesome...but the Vegetable Barigoule For $17 was very disappointing. Really small portion, First ingredient is Artichokes, there were two smalls halves in the broth we rest and remaining appropriate ingredients. Very very weak...The good news is I found something I don't need to order again..everything is always so good..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.