EAT at The Pearl
1410 Rosecrans Street
San Diego, CA 92106Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
EAT at The Pearl
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thepearlsd.com/
- Phone: (619) 226-6100
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 10:00am to 4:00pm
Monday-Friday: 6:00pm to 10:00pm
Saturday: 5:00pm to 10:00pm
Monday-Thursday: 5:00pm to 11:00pm
Friday & Saturday 5:00pm to 12:00am
Day Bar ft. Tacos Perla
Saturday: 11:00am to 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jaison Burke
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: EAT at The Pearl provides amazing, hand-crafted food and beverage for your event, up to 150 persons. Our culinary team satisfies a variety of tastes with four-star, farm-to-table cuisine: tray passed and stationary hors d’oeuvres, action stations, carving stations and buffet. Also, enjoy 10 taps of local craft beer, eclectic wine lists and specialty cocktails. Our banquet menus are guides for customizing cuisine that’s magical and delicious.
- Entertainment: DIVE-IN THEATRE: Every Wednesday, all-year round, The Pearl Hotel presents "Dive-In Theatre," a FREE weekly "cinema social" combining eclectic film selections, food and drink and light conversation. The event takes place outdoors at our poolside lounge and theater located connected to EAT at The Pearl. Scheduled films project onto a 10' x 13' foot projection screen with full sound, overlooking our vintage, oyster-shaped swimming pool. Showtime is 8:00 pm; Food served until 10:00 pm; and bar open until 11 pm.
BINGO NIGHT: Scheduled for the last Thursday of each month, BINGO night is a great way to unwind, bring friends together and win prizes! Limited to the first 40 people to RSVP. Check-in is at 8:30PM. Reserve you space at RSVP@thepearlsd.com with your name, phone, # of people, time, and if you want to join us for dinner! NOTE: BINGO dates are subject to change due to holidays and special events. Call 619.226.6100 to confirm dates.
- Special Events: WEDDINGS & RECEPTIONS
The Pearl Hotel packs enough luster to make The Big Day, the best day – ever! Just like the happy couple, we’re deeply invested, vowing to provide a unique San Diego venue for wedding ceremonies and small, romantic receptions. See below for our “Own a Hotel for a Day” info!
CORPORATE / RECEPTIONS / PRIVATE EVENTS
The Pearl makes a big impact for business and private functions. Night or day, our accommodations set the perfect tone, as guests benefit from stylish indoor and outdoor settings. Whether it’s a meeting or celebration for an individual, group or business team building, our hotel staff and event coordinator will ensure a smooth, satisfying result.
OWN A HOTEL FOR A DAY
With food, beverage and hotel room packages starting at just $10,000.00, you can have up to 150 people join you for a private event at The Pearl. Contact email@example.com to learn about your dream day in San Diego.
- Cross Street: Fenelon St.
- Public Transit: Show your Car2Go membership card to get 15% of your restaurant bill! Car2Go charging and designated parking on site.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Limited on-site parking is offered at The Pearl to hotel guests only, when available. Parking costs are $10 per night. ½ price for Hybrid vehicles ($5). Restaurant diners can find ample parking in the area on the street without meters or time restrictions.
A word from EAT at The Pearl
EAT at The Pearl features New American and California Coastal cuisine, friendly table service, and award-winning interior design. Executive Chef Elliot Townsend calls upon his background in a variety of regional styles to create exciting and eclectic dishes from seasonal, local ingredients. Prepare to be treated to menus that invite you to indulge culinary whims from simple to sophisticated or classic to contemporary. Together, the spirited food and the mood in the dining room fuel an energetic and urbane atmosphere. EAT at The Pearl also features an intimate bar area to relax alone or await dining companions. Friendly and knowledgeable bar staff serves expertly-selected wines and beers, along with signature cocktails to prime your palate for our kitchen’s winning preparations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
EAT at The Pearl reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (30)neighborhood gem (24)fit for foodies (22)hot spot (16)vibrant bar scene (15)romantic (14)special occasion (14)good for groups (7)late-night find (5)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/12/2014They show movies on a big projector over the pool. It's a great date night idea!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trendy Spot - Mediocre FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/5/2014Place is fun, a renovated Motel 6 that's more of a place to hang out. The beer was warm, the white wine was relatively warm and the food was cold with a unique (moreso odd) mixture of flavors. Great selections, more of a way to deliver. Place is fun to hang out at, the service is very good and the atmosphere is fun.Special Features:
- Returned for Another Great Dinner!luv2cookDined on 11/1/2014Had a wonderful mahi-mahi dinner here Saturday night. A unique spot with great food!Special Features:
- Fun dining at The PearlLomaLadyDined on 10/29/2014If you want to have fun, along with very good food and service, have dinner at The Pearl. Sit at the bar and chat with the locals and hotel guests. Reserve one of the cabanas for celebrations with friends. Enjoy the retro decor and the old movies and TV reruns. The atmosphere is lively without being riotous or deafening. The Pearl is definitely my favorite restaurant in Point Loma.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Different - fun little placecmackVIPDined on 10/3/2014This little funky hotel poolside nook had surprisingly good food. The watermelon salad with mint vinaigrette was unusual and very fresh. Also delicious: happy hour swordfish skewers served with heirloom tomato jam (small taste for $5). Old movies and TV shows (e.g. I Dream of Jeannie) are projected on an outside "screen" above the tiny pool (no sound). On Wednesday, they turn on the sound for "movie night". The service was very good and the noise level (6 pm on a Friday) was low - good for conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itfoodieaddictDined on 10/1/2014I always love coming here and watching the outdoor movies!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my Top 5 Favs in San DiegobzamaconaDined on 9/26/2014The amazing food is only surpassed by the amazing staff. I still can't believe their happy hour specials are so reasonably priced, and the incredible selection of local beers on tap they have. My favorite go-to happy hour staples are: the peanut butter stout, a half dozen oysters (@ $1 each), and their brussels sprouts (not on the happy hour menu). A waiter once convinced me to try the basil crème brûlée, and it did NOT disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- About the noise levelOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014I know in a bar atmosphere there is loud noise. But movie night noise level should be lower. I couldn't listen due to the loud noise level. Oh, there was the closed caption but I done want to be reading when I want to watch the movie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poolside movies while diningOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/13/2014Movies show at 8pm so if you book around that time, you can watch a movie while eating. Nice relaxing evening out particularly with such great weather!Special Features:
- Wonderful late night experienceGamsNEggsVIPDined on 8/7/2014Watching a Steve Martin movie on the big screen while you float on an inner tube in a pool and drink and eat, what a concept. Even though I saw the movie sideways, and I wasn't in the pool, it was still good fun. The fried chicken was not great, and the waiter took it off the bill without me even asking. The Brussel sprouts were amazing: crispy with chunks of bacon. The mojito was okay. The cornbread was wonderful, but it would have been better with butter. For 9 p.m. on a Thursday, EAT was very active, which was nice. It was "bike-in movie" night, so there were many bikes outside. I suppose if you drink too much, you could always stay in the Pearl hotel that surrounds the pool. Easier than biking home in your swimsuit.Special Features:
- Great food, but they sat us poorlyFoodie55Dined on 8/6/2014We came for the "dive in theater." I made a dinner reservation over day in advance and then we got seated at a table in a section where you could not see the big screen. They didn't bring me a drink list and then ran out of the rosemary creme brûlée that I had been craving. We had asked early in our evening to be moved to one of the open tables for two in order to see the big screen if the other reservations didn't show. No follow up on that end and then no one ended up coming to sit at that table anyway, which was frustrating. The food was very good though and we enjoyed each other's company although we could not see the movie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Movie night is a fun time...SupersalesgalDined on 8/6/2014We have been to movie night a couple of times. It is super fun and the play the movies with subtitles, as it is raucous and loud and hearing most of the dialog is not happening. I have celiac disease and the restaurant is not gluten free nor was our interested in finding out what items would be gluten free. May just go for drinks next time.Special Features:
- Fun!HappyguyVIPDined on 8/6/2014Great scene with really good food and awesome desserts and bard scene. Got to check it out. Cocktails, great food, feet in the pool and movies. Works for me!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The PearlHamiltonDined on 8/1/2014The Chef here can really cook good food! Their burger is one of the best around town and the brussel sprout dish is to die for. This place is one of our favorite spots around San Diego.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 79 reviews are from the EAT at The Pearl reviews archive.
- Young vibeBelgianbeerguyDined on 7/24/2014Creative menu, energetic; comfortable and casual poolside ambiance. Good local draft beer list.Special Features:
- The PearlOutWithINPDined on 7/23/2014Love this place Love to dine here Great place to take a dateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014Just so you know, when I called to say we'd be late, they told us they didn't have a reservation under my name. Luckily, they were able to seat us.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureleisure4diningVIPDined on 7/19/2014Enjoyed EAT at the Pearl with a group of four on Sat nite. Loved the bread and garlic share appetizer, enough for all. I had the duck, nice and just the right size. The burger, chicken confit and gnocchi were all excellent. I Dream of Jeannie shows were fun. Recommend reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good.SleeplessInPLDined on 7/18/2014Nice place, good food, different type ambience. The only thing I did not like was hitting on bar stools for dinner. I have back problems and made dinner hard to enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not their best night from kitchenSamHDined on 7/11/2014My GF was looking forward to the Pearl, as it's been a while since our last visit. We always expect good food & drink when there. July 11 the bar was full and there only a few tables open for dinner. Ordered the gnocchi with short rib and rare flank steak chimuchurri, which was cooked fine , but was lacking flair tonight. Non exciting flavors. Service was slow. Ran out of water on a few occasions. Hopefully it was just an off night.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere - food was notJutPointLomaDined on 6/27/2014Second time eating here - we had the steak and the shrimp grits as well as the cod fritters. Steak was horrible. Rubbery and tough. We are about two bites. Shrimp grits were pretty good, but lacked overall flavor. Good size shrimp and consistency of grits was fine. Cod fritter appetizer was the best - although overcooked - borderline burnt. Atmosphere was great - staff was fine bit it took about :20 minutes before anyone came to take our drink order.
- Great PlaceBalinmDined on 6/23/2014Great Food. Great Service. everything was great, Thanks so muchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun, unique, great serviceJenLDined on 6/22/2014My husband and I stayed at The Pearl while visiting San Diego for our anniversary. We ate at EAT for Sunday brunch. The food was good. I had a play on eggs benedict, which was short ribs with arugula over puff pastry instead of your standard ham and spinach on an english muffin. My husband had country fried steak. We also had cocktails. My Bloody Mary came with a garnish that included a Cheez-It and a Slim Jim! Yum! The service was fantastic. Everyone was happy, attentive, and friendly. Last but not least, you can't beat the ambiance of poolside brunch and the funky mod decor!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PoseyDined on 6/20/2014Oysters were fresh and tasty. Chicken was delicious and the biegnets were very delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a cool idea!!JaimiVIPDined on 6/17/2014I have been hearing about this spot for so long and was really excited to finally try it. What a genius idea to take an old hotel and pair it with a super cool indoor outdoor restaurant. I really enjoyed the originality and the atmosphere. What I did not enjoy: The service was barely fair and the place was only half full. It was not a question of enough wait staff, just that there casual way of coming back to the table did not suit me. Took forever for the food to arrive and then forever for them to inquire about dessert that we decided to just skip it. If you are a vegetarian, do not go unless you want a pear salad. I don't understand the obsession with the bone marrow and pigs ears.Special Features:
- Love Eat at the PearldebbyDined on 6/10/2014Always love eating at the Pearl! The menu changes and so each visit is a new adventure in dining. Always delicious!Special Features:
- Happy HourHappyHourHunterDined on 6/5/2014Not impressed with the prices compared to quality. The ambiance wasn't what I expected, but it was ok.
- Delicious and Fun!VedrfolnirDined on 6/3/2014My wife and came here for our anniversary this year and last year. The food is amazing, the drinks are tasty and the service is incredible! The waitstaff is very well informed about the food and drinks and is happy to share their knowledge with you. I highly recommend this place. It is more expensive than my wife and I can afford on a regular basis but it is well worth it for a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love this placerboseDined on 5/31/2014My husband and I have done date night at The Pearl twice. Just the right noise level, yummy cocktails, and great service that we are always looked for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PearledTryin2helpDined on 5/28/2014My husband and I went to Eat the Pearl for our 10th wedding anniversary. The Pearl peeps couldn't have done more to make us feel special. Pampered while soaking up such a groovy atmosphere...perfect!! Add in the delicious food and extremely tasty cocktails and you won't want to ever leave. Our occasion just so happen to fall on a Dive-In night and so we also had cinema as a part of the overall flavor. Needless to say, we will find an excuse to go back soon!!Special Features:
- USED to love this place.SDLocalDined on 5/23/2014I've been going to this place for years as a staple for something hip, fun and different. It's no wonder I chose it to surprise my best friend for a low key Bachelorette outing. On the reservation notes, I asked for a nice table by the pool....but showed up and got sat at the bar top. Then the food came. I know their menu changes often but I've always found something good on there. I ordered the Braised Short Rib Gnocchi which was completely bland, however the guest of honor ordered Sweet Corn Risotto and I tried a bite; I couldn't believe how under cooked and lacking in flavor it was. Like the risotto had been cooked down in just plain water. The food was just plain gross. Time for them to address the head chef.
- The world is your oyster...MargieVIPDined on 5/21/2014EAT at The Pearl has great food served in retro chic surroundings in open air around their oyster shell shaped swimming pool. We went on Wednesday night, which is movie night. We knew this going in and it was part of the fun...unfortunately, we were right under the speakers and it got too loud for us to enjoy each others' conversation. Get the grilled brussels sprouts appetizer and the Cat's Meow cocktail, with a sprig of lavender flower.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun & FunkyMrsRekeyDined on 5/3/2014Our first time, it was fun & funky. Menu simple but not ordinary. Food was very good. Service was great. Atmosphere was a nice change of pace. A great find in Point Loma!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food-hot spot on movie nightmarkVIPDined on 4/30/2014We were there on a "movie" night and the place was crowded...make sure you have reservations as without them we would not have been seated. A small restaurant in a small hotel. You eat either at pool side or with a view of the pool. We had great meals and a good menu. I recommend on going on other than a movie night if you want a bit more romantic meal.Special Features:
- great finddateniteDined on 4/26/2014Fun casual neighborhood restaurant with exceptionally tasty and innovative dishes and a great friendly and outgoing staff to go along with it.Special Features:
- Delicious Bone MarrowSunnyJaneVIPDined on 4/11/2014Bone Marrow at it's finest! Everyone else at my table enjoyed their main courses (flank steak special, pork chop and the burger with truffle fries) but the highlight was the bone marrow starter. Cocktails are fantastic as well - my regular is the Dark and Stormy.Special Features:
- We were not familiar withlaurabeezVIPDined on 4/11/2014We were not familiar with this part of town and randomly made the reservation to try something new. It was wonderful! Creative in every way, great service and just plain fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Eating at the PearlspikeDined on 3/28/2014Such a fun trendy restaurant, great food from organic local farms, dining around the pool with movies on the big screen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food/ friendly staffFoodcollectorDined on 3/20/2014The food was great! A couple great choices for vegetarians (squash ravioli & brossel sprouts were delish). The staff was pretty friendly & accommodating. A bit over priced, but flavor & portion somewhat made up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go eat here.porkiepieDined on 3/12/2014Love the ambiance and the food. It was a wednesday night and there were lots of people, very fun. They started showing Animal House just as we were finishing dinner. The service is very good. I'd say maybe a little 'too good'. I really enjoy when servers just leave me alone :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.