19 Strong Ave.
Northampton, MA 01060Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://eastsidegrill.com/
- Phone: 4135863347
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm We except reservation on Friday only by telephone. Saturday is first come first served.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Cajun
- Executive Chef: Jacob Perkins
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
- Special Events: Sierra Nevada Beer and Bacon Dinner Wednesday September 21 at 6:00p.m. Paradise City Arts Festival October 8-10 at The Tri Couny Fair Grounds Silverado Wine Dinner Wednesday October 19th Starting at 6:00p.m. "Bag Day" Saturday November 19th Thanksgiving, Thursday, November 24th "Closed"
A word from Eastside Grill
The Eastside Grill, located in beautiful downtown Northampton, Massachusetts, has served robustly flavored, seasonal American cuisine in a relaxed casual setting since 1985. We pride ourselves on our quality, our excellent value and our warm hospitality. The Eastside Grill's tradition and reputation for quality, consistency and friendly service has reached beyond the Pioneer Valley.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Eastside Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
- Tasty seafood, pleasant atmosphereRarelydineoutDined on 11/10/2013The seafood risotto was delicious - as I ate every bite, but my friend's meal didn't live up to expectations. The waitress, although well-intentioned, had a unique sense of humor we couldn't quite connect with. Atmosphere was excellent. They seated us immediately even though they did not have our reservation through Open Table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a very nice eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/10/2013It was a very nice evening and everyone was accommodating to help celebrate my mothers birthday but it was quite warm and there was a vent blowing hot air on us while trying to enjoy our mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebration Dinnercatfish2someDined on 11/7/2013My husband and I don't go out often but when we do we go to East side. We were celebrating out anniversary, my birthday, and the end to a year long fight with cancer. I requested our favorite table when I made the reservations and when we arrived it was waiting for us. The hostess and our waiter Jamie congratulated us and knew it was a special night. The service and the food were excellent. Can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our standard for dining outlocalfolks01Dined on 11/7/2013The relatively new owner has maintained high standards for the quality of the food and the waitstaff is friendly and expert at their job. It's always a pleasure to come here for a wonderful dinner out and we are lucky to have it so close to us. Parking is easy and close and being right in the center of vibrant Northampton is a real advantage. We love the New Orleans type of menu items and they are always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not very good, won't go backRICub41Dined on 11/3/2013Went to Eastside Grille for dinner prior to a show at a local theater. Although I had a reservation, our party of 4 was seated at a cramped table that was more appropriate for a table of two. There were plenty of larger and more spacious tables around. They then seated a party of 2 at a table so close by that my friend could not even get up and out of his chair. BY the time our food came out, there were parties who had arrived a 1/2 hour after us who had already received their meals. My steak and mashed potatoes were cold. Others in my party got cold food too.
- Loved the quietness and relaxedMamarosieDined on 10/30/2013Loved the quietness and relaxed atmosphere. Never felt rushed. Steaks were cooked exactly as ordered. Honey glazed salmon is a great choice also. Great service. Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Great Food!MikeMDined on 10/22/2013The food was great and served at the perfect pace. The crab cakes appetizer was delicious! The server was great as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food, mediocre beerSomeoneSomewhereVIPDined on 10/17/2013Not a bad place to take your Smith or Five College kid out for a quick bite if you're in town, but it's certainly not a destination restaurant. That said, the Cajun-dusted cauliflower appetizer was worth the price of admission and for that alone I moved it from three to four stars.
- I have never had a bad experiencemoreDined on 10/14/2013I have never had a bad experience at the Eastside Grill, it is our favorite restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Diningmike1220Dined on 10/14/2013My wife and I had dinner here on 10/14/13, and the food was spectacular as always. Our server was energetic and helpful, she was constantly checking on us and we were very happy with our entire experience. I expected nothing less as we have dined here before and they always live up to the expectations! Keep up the good work!!!Special Features:
- Nice Mean on a Holiday WeekendAllegraDined on 10/13/2013The Grill was packed and full of happy diners. We both had the swordfish special that was served on potatoes with chard. Very tasty. Liked the cornbread oysters for the appetizers. Crab cake appetizer was OK. Lots of fun. The one downer was the fact that flowers on the table had wilted a day or two ago - yet were stil there.Special Features:
- Look harder, you can find betterBostonDined on 10/13/2013A family-style restaurant with food not fit for any family I know. Fish was over-cooked, squash ravioli was slimy and swimming in a tasteless gorgonzola soup. One exception: our son was able to say he ate alligator meat. Beyond that...would not recommend.Special Features:
- Mom's BirthdaybandoluDined on 10/1/2013Mom turned 79 and I wanted to take her to a place that she hadn't been to. I had heard great things about the Eastside so we drove up from CT for a ladies night out. Glad we did. We both enjoyed it very much. We did not order wine or have dessert but our meals were great as was our booth - right at the window overlooking the sidewalk. All in all - I would suggest it anytime and will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Excellent Place to Dinelocalfolks01Dined on 9/12/2013We moved to Western Massachusetts many years ago and the Eastside Grill has always been our number one pick to dine out. The service is excellent. The waitstaff is totally professional and friendly and the food has never once been a disappointment from the bread and salads straight through to deserts. We love the New Orleans style food as well as the more normal menu items found in this region of the country. The restaurant is now in different hands but little has changed and the restaurant reputation still gets our 5 stars. It's a really enjoyable night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Declicious mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2013We went to dinner for my wife's birthday. We took my 9 year old daughter and although they do not have a children's menu, she was able to get a hamburger for $10. You would spend about the same for friendly's but with much worse quality of food than you get here. My wife got the salmon which she enjoyed and I enjoyed the chicken ettoufe. The drinks were also reasonably priced. I would recommend this restaurant for a delicious meal with reasonable pricing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday night, not too loud.TommyDined on 8/25/2013Sunday night, not too loud. The food was well-prepared and promptly served, drinks were inventive and delicious. The server was was professional and very pleasant.Special Features:
- We made reservations on lineBeckyDined on 8/22/2013We made reservations on line the same day and were seated right away. There were two of us celebrating a birthday and we had a wonderful time. The calamari was cooked just right and the sauce it was served with had a bit of a kick and worked really well. We had the duck breast over the potato cakes and the pignoli encrusted chicken and both were excellent. There were plenty of wine choices and I was happy with my choice. Our only regret was that we were too stuffed to try the maple creme brulee. I think next time we will be sure to save room. Our waiter was very personable and knowledgeable. He was attentive but he did not continue to interrupt our meal as some servers do. It was just the right balance for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great evening out with my familykimberDined on 8/19/2013Felt comfortable dining out with our son who has food allergies.Special Features:
- GOOD FOOD, GOOD SERVICE. PARKINGOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/13/2013GOOD FOOD, GOOD SERVICE. PARKING IS AN ISSUE ON WEEKENDS. LIKED THAT RESTAURANT REIMBURSED THE 5 DOLLAR PARKING.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!KathyDVIPDined on 8/8/2013I tend to be picky, so don't often go anywhere without a personal recommendation, but the Eastside Grill was excellent. The special arctic char with a blueberry sauce was creative and delicious The seared tuna came exactly as ordered, and the maple créme brulée was prepared correctly - always a test of the chef. I would definitely recommend this restaurant. Might sit in the bar next time because it is a smaller room and therefore quieter.Special Features:
- A Touch of CrassinmyhumbleopinionDined on 8/1/2013The entry of the restaurant was congested and so we were bumped into by servers and other guests before we were taken to our table. The ambient noise level was consistently too loud to carry on a normal conversation. Drinks were somewhat weak. I ordered a butternut ravioli that was SWIMMING in an overpowering soup of sauce that tasted only of sautéed spinach. Risotto cakes were overly glutinous making the cake rubbery, chewy, and unpleasant. The worst element of the meal was our server, who never gave us a sense of being welcome. It felt like she wanted to get us fed and out of there. I did not want to even look at the dessert menu. Overall: noisy, rushed, and poorly executed dishes brought to table by disinterested server.
- Always Good...Zip01002Dined on 7/31/2013We've been going there for years and it never disappoints. We usually order the popcorn shrimp to split and then get the chicken etouffee and the steak tips/scallops. Also, we love the included salad with the gorgonzola dressing. You can miss whatever you get.Special Features:
- Very Pleasant, Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/23/2013My wife and I went to Eastside Grill for an anniversary dinner. It was our first time eating there and the experience was great. The waitress was very attentive and made some great suggestions. The food was excellent as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality and varietyDevoteeDined on 7/17/2013Wonderful menu, food beautifully prepared and presented. Excellent service as well. Always a favorite in the areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EastsideStevebc890Dined on 7/11/2013had an absolutely wonderful meal and celebration of my Girlfriends Birthday,,,Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2013We brought a local who cannot drive any more to his old favorite place in North Hampton. Even though I had made a reservation our seating was poor. If I had known about the much nicer room I would have said something. Our server was worse. She was rushed, abrupt, and obviously did not care about our dining experience. The food was itself was inconsistent - way too much dressing on the Ceasar salad, though both shrimp dishes had good flavor. I was somewhat embarrassed for my friend who suggested we come here as I could tell he too was not pleased.
- great food...great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2013A hidden gem that outshines one and all....Interesting eclectic delicious menu with good desserts....and most of all the ambiance and staff made you feel welcome...we feel it is the best of Northampton and will go back again and againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eastside GrillOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/30/2013My wife and I had a very good meal. We both had the salmon and were very happy. We split the bread pudding for dessert and were disappointed that it wasn't heated. It was better when we used to eat here years ago. Overall we would come back because everything else was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a nice placeWMB1Dined on 6/23/2013Visited recently in June. I think we were there on a Sunday night. The restaurant was very pleasant. It was a quiet night, not to busy. The food there was good, a nice menu, nice wine list. The food was cooked and presented nicely. I have been in Northampton many times and this wasn't on the main street so it was harder to discover but I will totally plan to return. It's been a week or so since we ate there so I don't recall the entire meal but it was a hot day and I was looking for something cool, they offered a watermelon gazpacho soup. It was wonderful. My wife had a corn and clam chowder that was equally good. We passed on dessert. In any case, I didn't find it pricy, I did like the place and will plan to return.Special Features:
- Outstanding Waiter a highlightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/23/2013You can tell a good restaurant by the way you are treated. We were greeted by a charming hostess and served by a waiter who was helpful in menu knowledge and seemed to anticipate our every need. With five dinners we sampled four different entries and no one was disappointed. The only failure was when our waiter tried to interest us in dessert but that was because all were pleasantly full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and the service20thdinnerDined on 6/23/2013Excellent food and the service was fabulous. The waitress was outstanding. I would definitely recommend this establishment and would return again. Thank you for a lovely 20th anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingDJDJDined on 6/20/2013We have been to the Eastside Grill several times and have always been pleased. This time I had the duck with orange/ginger sauce. It was tender, tasty and cooked to perfection. The shrimp al fresco was also nicely prepared. We both enjoyed the Caesar, which was plentiful and fresh. The desserts are $5 a piece-great deal, some wonderful desserts and some average. We continue to highly recommend East Side Grill for all occasions. One more thing, in addition to the wonderful food, the bill will not break your bank, even with a drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as usualPopPopDined on 6/20/2013We are regular patrons of the Eastside Grill. Despite a very young and turnover prone staff, this place has good service and an extensive menu. Usually the food is top-notch. This time, not so much. As a New Orleans flavored kitchen, barbecued shrimp and cheesy grits should be a speciality of the house. This time the shrimp was overcooked, the grits gummy and the food thrown on the plate. I've had this dish at least three times previously, but never again.. We'll be back, but cautious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mehOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/18/2013Food was overcooked - dry mahi mahi, dry chicken, and medium well duck. Salads and appetizers (fried oysters, gumbo and gorgonzola bread) were good. WAY too loud in there. We had to yell across the table to one another. One table in particular was really loud, but the servers were unwilling to deal with the problem. Seems like a popular place, but we won't be back.Special Features:
- Father's Day delight!RuthieDined on 6/16/2013The restaurant has many Cajun specialties - blackened dishes can be ordered spicy or "not as much". The blackened salad with mixed greens, roasted peppers, onions and blackened salmon was wonderful. The salmon portion was generous and moist. My husband had the chicken etouffe and loved it. Our waitress was attentive, efficient and pleasant. Dining options are inside where there is plenty of seating or outside on the patio. The parking lot next to the restaurant fills quickly especially on the weekends. There is also street parking available.Special Features:
- Review 1darnellwillbeback2dineDined on 6/3/2013This was a great venue for my business group. I was in Greenfield on business and this will be on my agenda on my next trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayFrancesDined on 6/2/2013Went to Northampton as part of a birthday outing for a friend. Part of the celebration included dinner at Eastside Grill. Food and service were excellent - birthday girl was very happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been here many timesTeddyDined on 5/22/2013We have been here many times and as usual we enjoyed our meals. The variety of menu items was pleasing with good portions. The salmon entree and the seafood risotto are favorites of ours.. Choice of many innovative cocktails appealing. Restaurant was busy but not too noisy to have dinner conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love eastside grillPrlove71Dined on 5/8/2013I have been there twice in less than 3 months to celebrate special occasions. The second time took my daughter and she was disappointed that they didnt have kids menu. She found something she liked but I think they should considered adding a kids menu. Overall, it was a good experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I loved being able to makeullovitDined on 5/6/2013I loved being able to make a reservation on line. I was early and they were able to seat us right away. I have been here many times for our anniversary dinner and I'm never dissapointed. The menu has a great variety of seafood, chicken and steaks. The food is fresh and the sauces and cheeses add a perfect touch the dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.