1800 E Burnside St
Portland, OR 97214-1534Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.theeastburn.com/
- Phone: 5032362876x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday 11am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Daily 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 10:00am - 3:00pm
Happy Hour: Daily 3:00pm - 6:00pm
Late Night Eats 10:00pm - 2:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Joseph Dougherty
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer in house catering and off premise catering, from hors d'ouevres for 20 people to a whole roasted pig for 100 people! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Think of us for your next celebration, business meeting or private event! Our EastBurn Annex, is the perfect venue for your next private party. The Annex features a kitchen, private bathroom, wireless internet, along with audio/visual capabilities.
Let EastBurn plan your event from beginning to end. We bring experience, enthusiasm and the extra mile to each and every party. Let your next event be one to remember. From flowers to linens, for business or recreation, we will make it happen.
- Private Party Contact: email Lauren: email@example.com 503-236-2876x
- Entertainment: Live Music Wednesday through Saturday on the main floor stage. The Tap Room features DJ's and arcade fun, like Skee Ball and four-person Pacman with a full bar and eight different Taps.
- Special Events: Join us every Tuesday for $2.50 Craft Beer Pints all day. Happy Hour is every day from 3pm until 6pm. Great prices on our award winning food and drink.
A word from EastBurn
EastBurn is a Public House where Portlanders gather to share honest food, inspired drinks and hospitality in a fun and relaxing atmosphere. Dinner and Brunch are not to be missed. Chef Joseph Dougherty creates dishes that are as delicious as they are inventive and playful. We do a fantastic Happy Hour food menu until 6pm. Daily drink specials pull from 19 rotating taps, cocktails featuring locally distilled spirits and 15 wines by the glass from our nitrogen wine keeper. Seek out the courtyard patio, with mosaic fire-tables, swinging chairs, a dart-board, heaters and a closeable roof for year round enjoyment. Test your Skeeball skills in the downstairs Tap Room, find a perfect song on the jukebox or dance to a great DJ. Looking to host a private party or meeting? We have space to accommodate groups of all sizes. Our events annex is great for dinners parties up to 25 and cocktail style receptions for up to 40 people. Cheers!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
EastBurn reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
late-night find (1)fit for foodies (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- was not impressedamandaDined on 7/28/2014The food was not good at all. Greasy, the meat tasted like it was expired and the service was pretty much non-existent. Once we got our food we only saw the waitress again when she dropped off our check.Special Features:
- The following 50 reviews are from the EastBurn reviews archive.
- One of our standard spotsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/16/2014great neighborhood spot - excellent food, rotating guest taps, great service.Special Features:
- mothers day brunchSouthfloridabrewerDined on 5/11/2014Table for four on the patio with a fire pit. First look, a local joint. It offers all that's great about Portland. The food is fresh.Good beer and wine selection. The wait staff is warm and friendly with the general look of the local 20 someth05ing population. Overall, a great time. Go, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousCyndi123Dined on 5/10/2014Met friends for dinner. Everything was delicious, the service was friendly, we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014Met some friends for a bachelorette party. Service was great, food was inspired and well executed, and our waitress was fantastic. I WILL be returning with my wife and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice lil' joint, good food!disappointedDined on 5/2/2014This was my first visit to EastBurn, by the suggestion of a friend. I we were going to see a band at a venue close by and wanted to get dinner first. The Trailblazer playoff game was on so it was busier than usual I was told by the staff. Pretty much reservation only due to the crowd so I was happy for Open Table. The staff were very pleasant and made every effort to keep up with a very full house. The food was very tasty. The prices were super reasonable. The service was very good. My only complaint is that they don't have much on the menu that diabetics should eat. I was able to get the Hanger steak salad and a Kobe Cheese burger without the bun. My friend ate some of the awesome looking french fries that came with the burger. delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchPrimeDined on 4/20/2014We went to Eastburn for Easter Brunch and was very surprised with our experience. Awesome food, good ambiance, and very reasonable cost. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch!NicknickDined on 4/20/2014Haven't been here for anything but brunch, but really enjoyed it. Funky, Portlandia type of place. Foris was very good, $2 mimosas were terrific. I want to sit on one of the swings on the patio next time...Special Features:
- Thanks Josh!!!FoodfoodfoodnomnomnomDined on 4/20/2014The manager, Josh, really came through for us when we had a last minute addition to our Easter reservation! We love having brunch at East Burn, and the staff are always courteousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go-to for brunchPNWfoodloverDined on 4/13/2014I live in the CEID neighborhood and EastBurn is my go-to for brunch. When I have visitors, this is almost always on the "to-do" list. They have a variety of brunch options (even for those like me who don't like eggs), $2 mimosas on the weekends, and mini scones while you wait for your order. The staff has always been super friendly as well. I haven't been for anything but weekend brunch, but hear they have excellent lunch and dinner options, including daily specials and activities such as movie night and bluegrass night. I highly recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem of a find - EastBurndgatDined on 4/12/2014First time to this business. Step up from standard bar fare. The tomato aioli made the Trinity fries of russet and sweet potatoes remarkable,huge bowl for a small price. The chicken pot pie was different, almost deconstructed as a bowl of filling with a couple of flaky pastry triangles,and was really good. Ate until I sighed twice, but kept eating "just 1 more bite" a number of times. My wife got a burger that was very large with quite a pile of fries and was pleased. Lauren our server was a delight, quick, responsive, and insight into the various menu items to help in our selections. Guy walking around with a small beer keg on his back pouring samples table side was a little different, and fit the environment. I will be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A yummy introduction to Portland!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/4/2014My wife and I visited EastBurn for our first Portland date night and loved it. Wild boar stroganoff was killer as was the chicken pot pie. Service was awesome as well. We're looking forward to our next meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun patioHannyDined on 3/22/2014When I first walked in I was a little worried. It wasn't what I expected based on the interesting menu I had read online. We made our way through to the back patio. Chairs swinging on chains, and fun ambiance made it worthwhile. The food is pretty good. I had the beef wellington and it was just ok. Only $17, but just ok tasting. Everyone else loved their meals. Very reasonably priced small plates and salads. I will go back to try other menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GastroBrunchanonVIPDined on 3/16/2014Decided to try something new for brunch and this was it. The food was great. The ubersondvich was one of the most unique and best brunch items I have had in a long time. Dining companion's brisket hash with egg was good too. I would not recommend the mimosas. Service was friendly but not stellar as the place was very crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unassuming spot...jjsalomeVIPDined on 2/16/2014love this place - you might drive by it 100 times before you notice it - but quite a little gem! great weekend brunch with $2 mimosas - try the smoked corn beef has or the lobster benedict!Special Features:
- OkayeeterDined on 2/14/2014We went there on Valentine's Day. I stated that I am lactose-intolerant. When they called to confirm the reservation, rather than acknowledge my dietary restriction, he suggested that I take a LactAid pill. He also said that he wasn't sure that they could accommodate my request. The only item that was a concern was the vegetables. Of course, he eventually told me that he would work something out. When the day came, I had to ask for the Valentine's Day menu. Why did they bother asking which menu we wanted beforehand if they weren't going to pass that information on to the server? Because of my previous experience, I was too embarrassed to ask for a latcose-free meal. All that said, the server was nice and the meal was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but go for the staplesvassarmomDined on 2/14/2014Went for a Valentines special dinner - and realized we should have just ordered the burgers - which looked delicious. The special food was a bit underwhelming - greasy home fries, tiny pot of (delicious) squash. Really great leek & potato soup - go for that if on the menu. All in all we just had a bit of a mistaken idea - it was our first visit. Seems like a great friendly, pleasant beer and burger kind of joint with good music (enjoyed Amorus, the band that night)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DELICIOUS!!!Love4FoodDined on 2/14/2014Me and my boyfriend went here for valentines day dinner and ordered tempura brie which was a wonderfully sweet appetizer. Then I ordered for myself the wild boar stroganoff which was so rich and the pasta was cooked to perfection. My boyfriend is italian and he said the pasta was cooked el dante. He ordered the beef wellington which is new to the menu. He said it was cooked wonderfully and that it was succulent. It was a perfect setting for a really special event. It was our first valentines day together so i wanted to make it special. We both loved the staff, environment and food. I really recommend trying it out. A true portland restaurant .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love EastBurn!CalvinDined on 2/14/2014We've been to EastBurn for brunch, dinner, happy hour, Mother Day and Valentines Day. Love their food and the service is friendly and relaxed but attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy pub with surprising menuOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/10/2014Upscale pub fare that adds a dash of Portland whimsy to the expected burgers and fries. The food isn't quite fine dining but it's more adventuresome than your average McMenamin's - I ordered the spinach gnocchi with mushrooms, ricotta, and strawberries (!!) - my wife had a medium rare beef Wellington served over Asian-spiced carrots. Both were built from high quality mostly local ingredients and reasonably priced - the spendiest entree topped out around $18. Atmosphere and service are cozy and friendly - if I lived closer this would be the perfect place to stop in after work a few times a week. Overall a great option if you're in the mood for more than a quick bite but don't have the time or budget for fine dining. Hope to be back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun StuffCoworkersVIPDined on 1/26/2014In the basement of this restaurant is a bar with a few fun games such as Skee Ball and a few video games and a TV with sports on it. Not a bad way to have a little fun after eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So UniqueFoodieVIPDined on 1/26/2014We went there for brunch and the food was great and reasonably priced. The waiter was beyond nice. They had a huge screen projecting an old robot movie along a wall which I thought was really cool. They also have some fun tables where you sit in hanging chairs. I wish I had investigated more because there is a patio where you can sit and you sit in swings as well. Plus there are tables out there with fire in the center of the table. So cool. I wish we lived in Portland because we would want to go there all the time. I'm a vegetarian but my husband is definitely not. The menu was perfect for both of us. I had about 8 options for brunch and so did he.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new findFit4meDined on 12/30/2013We took our two college age kids here for an evening and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Our waiter was excellent and provided details on how the food was cooked, not just the usual specials of the day. Great selection of craft beer and an interesting selection of cocktails. Food and drinks were excellent and at a very reasonable price. We will be back, but we may not wait for the kids.Special Features:
- Good, solid spotYumasteVIPDined on 12/27/2013This place has great energy and lives up to the description "gastro-pub". Food was creative pub food with the twists being enhancements rather than distractions. Nice beer list on tap with one tap on nitro. Fried brie appetizer was gooey and great. Deconstructed pot pie was also very tasty. Will go back. Everyone seemed to be smiling throughout the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for visiting familyKimberlyDined on 12/26/2013Really enjoyed our time here. We had a large group with out of town parents visiting. The food and drinks were great, the table was set nicely and ready to go for our reservation. Our waiter was very funny, friendly, and helpful. The bluegrass music started much later than we thought but that was actually great since we had more time to talk easily. The downstairs would be great for more drinks if needed and next time I want to try out the patio.Special Features:
- Family-Friendly Brunch!eastburnfanVIPDined on 12/21/2013This is a great place our whole family can come for brunch and everyone enjoys the food! My 8 and 10 year old kids love all the choices they have and my husband and I appreciate the variety of foods on the menu. You also can't beat $2.00 mimosas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Loud to Talk!eastburnfanVIPDined on 12/5/2013We have always been fans of this establishment, so I decided to have a group of friends gather here for my Birthday. We were a group of 10 and had a nice table in the center of the restaurant. We met at 7:30 on a Thursday night and it was great until the live music started. It was just a one man show playing guitar and singing, but it was SO LOUD we couldn't talk to anyone at the table unless they were right next to us and even that was difficult! We spent the remainder of the time yelling to each-other and leaving earlier than we normally would have due to the volume of the entertainment. The music and singing would have been nice, but it was just WAY TOO LOUD!! It's one thing if it's a bar only, but it's frustrating at a restaurant.Special Features:
- Bobcat on the bobcatio.GhosthunterPDXDined on 11/24/2013Get bobcat as your server, and you will have a great time, not only is he an awesome server, he makes you feel welcome and comfortable. ELK gravey and biscuits, OMG!!!!! You will go into a food coma after eating this gift from the food gods. If you order this, don't order anything else. But all the food is incredible and very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our New Fav!judysDined on 11/9/2013My husband and I love trying new places. We love food, we love good wine and we love Portland's food scene! EastBurn did not disappoint us! The Wild Boar Stroganoff was creamy, rich and delightful, the Lobster Mac & Cheese was sweet and cheesy and we loved the variety of wine available by the glass - the petit syrah was PERFECT! Kudos, EastBurn. We will be back! Thank you, Open Table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food20YearsDined on 11/6/2013We were visiting Portland for our anniversary and had dinner here our first night. I had the steel-head and my husband had the boar stroganoff. Both were outstanding (mine was our favorite though!) The waiter, Brandon, was attentive and very informative about the food. We returned a few days later, for drinks the downstairs bar (where the bartender remembered us from our earlier visit). Wish we had a place like this close to home - we would be regulars!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experienceTheMayorDined on 11/3/2013No matter what we go to EastBurn for we are pleased, Brunch, Happy Hour menu, BeerBelly Dinner, or one of thier special events like Crab Boil, Pig Roast or Brew Fest we totally enjoy the fun, food and folks that own and work there, The owner was serving food at Brunch last Sunday, he is a great person and dedicated to making EastBurn the best and it is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantFizzy67890Dined on 10/25/2013My roommate suggested this place as a good place to take a date and he was right. The ambience was fancy but not too fancy and the food was excellent. I highly recommend this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around great experiencevegloverDined on 10/24/2013Made a reservation because we had 5 adults and 2 kids (3 and 5 years old) and of course needed a larger table. Service was fantastic, the food was amazing (I'm still dreaming about the sweet potato fries, we got almost all the small plates for the kids and adults to share and every one was a winner. I'm not a meat eater but my mom said the fish special was amazing.) Service was great. It was a little loud but not overcrowded early on a Thursday evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerAllisonGDined on 10/12/2013I had a really nice time there. My waitress was super awesome. Very attentive and upbeat. I have gone to East Burn multiple times before, but I think I will make it more of a regular thing. Food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday BrunchpackinplasticDined on 9/8/2013We went to Eastburn on a Sunday morning for brunch to celebrate my husband's birthday. The first plus was that they took reservations for brunch. The service was fast and friendly. They give you mini scones when you arrive! The $2 mimosas are hard to beat! The benedict special was out of this world. Everyone afterwards stated that they really enjoyed their breakfast, and would be coming back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very accommodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/30/2013We made a reservation for 7 people and they had us all set up inside, but it was such a nice day that when we got there that we requested to sit outside, which they promptly accommodated. The food was good and the service was great! This place is really fun! Between the downstairs arcade/bar/skee-ball and a bean bag toss outside, there's always something to do while you wait for food :)Special Features:
- No burn at EastBurnOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/27/2013First visit to this restaurant; I needed seating for 8 at 8 PM and they had an open table. We were welcomed as we arrived and our table was ready. Knowledgeable waitron gave us the special spiel and took drink & appetizer order. Dinner orders flowed easily as the appetizers arrived. The whole experience felt effortless: a sure sign that someone is working hard. The food is great! tho prices are low. (Not a complaint) We shared around so I got to taste great pub food. My Columbia River steelhead was prepared at a much higher level than "pub food" sitting on a bed of edamame succotash and cooked to perfection: moist and firm, but still vibrant. I'll go here again.Special Features:
- A pleasure every timeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/16/2013We make it to EastBurn about 2-3 times a year. This most recent time was for my partner's birthday, and it was yet again, a wonderful dining experience. We had reserved a table for 10 on a Friday night. When we arrived, it was ready for us. The server was awesome and she was very attentive. She seemed very good at her job, from taking our drink orders to our our food and the timing. And she was super nice and friendly, a huge plus in my book! Plus, the manager also stopped by several times and helped/checked in on us. They even helped with serving the cupcakes we brought for the birthday celebration. The food was wonderful, the service was amazing, and the atmosphere very laid back. Thanks, again, EastBurn!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to gather with FriendsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/21/2013Enjoy East Burn and the staff. Staff is very friendly and service is wonderful. Had a small group of friends meet up for brunch outside in the patio area. Fun, relaxing, and good food shared amongst good friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool BurnHungry1Dined on 7/16/2013Nice place with fun swing chairs. Covered patio nice in rainy weather. Great, big happy hour food. Really good burger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.