East India Company Pub & Eatery
349 York Ave
Winnipeg, MB R3C 359Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: CAN$30 and under
East India Company Pub & Eatery
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eastindiaco.com/
- Phone: 2049473097
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 12:00 pm - 2:30 pm;
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00 am - 2:30 pm;
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:30 pm - 9:30 pm, Sunday : 4:30 pm - 8:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Executive Chef: Kamal Mehra
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: At the East India Company we have catering weddings, birthdays, office parties, and every other type of celebration for the past 40 years. We have a staff of 50 people who look forward to helping you plan and enjoy the event you deserve. We would be happy to discuss the details of you function, so please call or fill out the form below and we will be in touch with you. We offer catering services for off-site functions We offer full staffing, equipment and food tailored to your specifications. Please contact us to arrange your special event.
- Cross Street: Carlton
- Public Transit: Located conveniently in Downtown Winnipeg, public transport is easily accessible from all areas of Winnipeg.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: We offer our guests at lunch and dinner free/complimentary parking. At lunch parking is underground; the entrance is directly east of our entrance. At dinner parking is directly across the street in a large open parking lot.
A word from East India Company Pub & Eatery
East India Company Restaurants have been in business for over thirty years and have always enjoyed a reputation for the best East Indian Food in Ottawa and Winnipeg, Canada. The company is known not only for the high quality of food and service provided, but also for the atmosphere created through authentic Indian artwork ranging from 100 to 500 years old displayed through out the restaurants. Rated 5 Stars many times over by local reviewers (Marion Warhaft, Winnipeg Free Press, Ottawa Herald) and recognized as one of the best in Canada (Ann Hardy, Where to eat in Canada). We welcome groups of all sizes in both of our locations and specialize in catering to event planners and conference personal. Our buffets are more than suited to satisfying large groups and we welcome the opportunity. We Create Cravings!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
East India Company Pub & Eatery reviews from OpenTable diners
- The buffet was outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/7/2012The buffet was outstanding with a very large variety. Everything was hot (temperature) and I didn't notice any dishes empty. The waters could've been quicker to take our order, but once done, our water was kept relatively full and we were checked on regularly.Special Features:
- The experience was great,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/24/2012The experience was great, but the one drink for nearly ten dollars was not great. The service was excellent, and they were very attentive to your needs. I would highly recommend this place for a new experience!Special Features:
- Indian Food is Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/12/2012I love Indian food, and the East India Company is a great place to get it.Special Features:
- We arrived only to find theCanadianCariVIPDined on 11/12/2012We arrived only to find the doors locked! Half a dozen others stood on the step looking in the window. We called but no one answered the phone. Everyone eventually left. We went to another Indian Restaurant in the area.
- Excellent food. AttentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2012Excellent food. Attentive service. Animated interaction with the owners throughout the evening. Not spicy. Can spice to taste. A friend who was reluctant to go, based on past experiences with Indian food, loved itSpecial Features:
- We took European visitorsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2012We took European visitors out for their last night in Canada, and it turned out to be a wonderful choice, providing a memorable dining experience for all 9 of us.Special Features:
- The East India Company isOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2012The East India Company is one of my favourite restaurants in Winnipeg, the decor is amazing, the food always great, and you are made to feel welcome from the moment you walk in. Great placeSpecial Features:
- Best Indian buffet I haveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2012Best Indian buffet I have ever had (and I'm not a buffet person). I'm guessing their food off the menu would be even better, I do plan on finding out.Special Features:
- Excellent food!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2012The buffet style Indian cuisine has the best selection and flavor in the city!!Special Features:
- The buffet is consistentlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/7/2012The buffet is consistently tasty, varied and offers new dishes along with cherished favourites.Special Features:
- The lunch buffet at East IndiaNikitaDined on 7/5/2012The lunch buffet at East India Company is always packed with great dishes, well seasoned, and delicious. This is a great place to take a group for a wonderful meal.Special Features:
- Great for GroupsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/26/2012There was a mix up when we got there and they didn't seem to have our reservation from Open Table, however they did seat us (party of 9) and the buffet was excellent. I would highly recommend this restaurant for celebrations or groups, especially if there are peope in your party who have never tried Indian food. There are enough choices that there is bound to be something for everyone.Special Features:
- We love East India Company!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/18/2012We love East India Company! The food is second to none, the service is personalised and friendly, the ambiance very nice. My kids love to play on the lions. We go there at the slightest excuse.Special Features:
- Food was great as always.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/16/2012Food was great as always. It was quite noisy though, difficult to hear conversations at our table
- great ambiance.the food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2012great ambiance.the food was great and the service was just ok, it would have been better if we don't feel watched. the waitress made a comment about if someone taste someone else's food then they will be charged the buffet full price. it is only natural phenomenal to want to try a friends food as long as u are not having more than a bit it should be Ok and u have order some food from the menu.
- Great buffet and althoughOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/1/2012Great buffet and although it's extra get th Naan it is wonderful!Special Features:
- Love the East India Company!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/20/2012Probably the best East Indian food around. Uniformly excellent. Never had anything bad in the 18 years I've been going there. Also, the buffet is over half vegetarian, which I greatly appreciate. I just wish there was some way they could open the patio. I do understand that the neighbourhood is a issue ...Special Features:
- The food that we ordered wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/27/2012The food that we ordered was good. Although, it took some time to get a menu and then when we were ready to order it took forever for the waitress to arrive to take our orders. We waited quite some time for our drinks to arrive and then longer for our meals. It felt as though the waitress could care less about the service.
- Fantastic, Authentic Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/8/2012The service at East India Company was absolutely fantastic. The food was authentic with a good variety. The atmosphere was also great, good decor and an overall wonderful experience. If you have been to India and miss the food, or if you want to experience authentic dishes that are yummy for the Western palette, check out East India Company!Special Features:
- Great food. Not one foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/22/2012Great food. Not one food item was dissapointing, that's rare in today's food industry. Great place for people who want to try Indian food for the first time as well.Special Features:
- Great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/5/2012Always a great variety to choose from in the buffet line.Special Features: