East Hampton Point
295 Three Mile Harbor
East Hampton, NY 11937Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
East Hampton Point
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.easthamptonpoint.com/
- Phone: 6313292800
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm -11:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: James Carpenter
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Overlooking beautiful Three Mile Harbor, East Hampton Point is an unparallel setting for special events, meetings, and occasions of all kinds. From a spectacular backdrop for your wedding vows to a secluded retreat for business executives, East Hampton Point will work closely with you to customize the perfect event. All areas are graced with stunning water views and ample natural light. Ground Floor-200 seat main ding room; 125 seat adjoining blue stone terrace; spacious bar featuring full size mahogany sloop.
Upstairs- 75 seat private dining room with a floor-to-ceiling glass door.
- Private Party Facilities: Overlooking beautiful Three Mile Harbor, East Hampton Point is an unparalleled setting for special events, meetings and occasions of all kinds. From a spectacular backdrop for your wedding vows to a secluded retreat for business executives, we'll work closely with you to customize the perfect event.
- Private Party Contact: Tamara Hayes 6313292800
- Entertainment: Live Music, call for details.
A word from East Hampton Point
Overlooking Three Mile Harbor, East Hampton Point restaurant couples a striking setting with exceptional contemporary American cuisine. The nautically themed interior features a full-size mahogany sloop with a mast that reaches the ceiling cupola, a gentle reminder of the sea just outside the restaurant's floor-to-ceiling windows. Chef James Carpenter brings the sea inside with fresh caught-seafood specialties, in addition to his seasonally inspired menu. The restaurant is open from April through Labor Day. East Hampton Point is a full service resort featuring thirteen deluxe cottages, seven luxury suites, full-service marina & shop with 58 slips, heated pool, tennis court, fitness room and children's playground. Year-round, guests can enjoy fine dining at one of East Hampton Point's sister properties, The 1770 House or Cittanuova in the village of East Hampton.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
East Hampton Point reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (35)great for outdoor dining (29)special occasion (16)romantic (13)fit for foodies (12)great for brunch (10)good for groups (8)kid-friendly (8)vibrant bar scene (7)neighborhood gem (7)great for lunch (6)hot spot (5)notable wine list (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- noise ruins everythingnoneDined on 8/31/2014I was there on a Sunday night. The noise was so bad you could not hear the person next to you. They need to warn you when reservation is made.Special Features:
- xxDisappointedVIPDined on 8/31/2014the most disappointing experience. Was there 10 years ago and had a wonderful lunch and Bastille Day for dinner. It looks like the owners just gave up. We were there Labor Day for lunch - it was empty - I should have known better.Special Features:
- Tried to sit us next to busboy areaJsnycVIPDined on 8/30/2014Upon arriving for our reservation to a near empty restaurant the hostess sat us at the worst table. Asking to move she said the other tables were for other reservations. asked for manager and they sent over a waiter. when asked if he would sit his family next to busboy station when the point of eating at restaurant was to be able to sit outside and enjoy view told me we should just be happy we are w family and friends. Said would sit us at bar which I said no way. Asking for the table which could fit us he said was reserved for his boss family (this table remained empty for the 2 hrs it took us to finish our meal). after our argument and moving to slightly better mediocre table the next family had same fight w staff upon being sat thereSpecial Features:
- Dinner to forgetRicheyDined on 8/29/2014The prices were rediculously high and the service was pathetic. After two hours of waiting for our entree we cancelled our dinner and paid for what we had already consumed. When discussing with the manager his attitude was like he didn't care.
- Wonderful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014The setting is perfect on Three Mile Harbor overlooking the marina where you get the most amazing sunsets! The food, especially the fresh fish, was superb, and coupled with live dinner music. It was a festive, good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaschaVIPDined on 8/27/2014While the food and service was excellent, the food prep was very slow. We noticed a private party upstairs so maybe they were simply understaffed that night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why did i go here again?hamptoneaterVIPDined on 8/23/2014Why did i go here again and think i could deal with the bad service? I have already written off this place summer after summer for its terrible service, but for some reason, i occasionally think something might have changed and decide to give it a shot. It is hard to avoid because the view of the harbor and sunset is amazing. But the service is non existent. I do not understand how they remain in business. Whoever owns the restaurant must be losing tons of money. When we went, they were having a private party inside. They only sat half the tables outside, but still couldn't handle it. We waited 1 1/2 hours for our entrees before canceling the order and leaving. Not the waiter's fault. The management has set that place up to fail!
- Always ReliableMattDined on 8/23/2014I have been to EHP many times over the years and it has never failed to impress visitors with its beautiful setting, laid back vibe, and good food. Dinner is just great. Went this time for lunch and it was quieter and calm for a perfect lunch with a great view.Special Features:
- A gemBobbyjiVIPDined on 8/21/2014From the fried calamari to the salmon and the strip steak, pure heaven. Bar Tender: excellent job! Always a wonderful dining experience. A gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was better than expectedGlennDined on 8/21/2014I was hesitant to go to East Hampton Point after reading the negative reviews on the service. We found the staff to be very attentive. There was a glitch causing a delay in our food, but our waiter explained this to us, apologized and brought out an order of fries to nibble on. Our food came out 2 mins later. The food was fairly undistinguishable from any other Hamptons restaurant, but the view and ambiance make it worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going downhillGastroPupDined on 8/19/2014I have frequented this place many times over the years, but this last visit was an utter disappointment. If you want to charge these sorts of prices, the food (not just the view) better be superlative. It has become more mediocre that it was before. The place was empty and it's no wonder. Such a waste of a great space. Not even the view can overcome the overpriced, subpar food. You could be packed every night if you improved the cooking behind the menu and at least dropped those ridiculous prices.
- DisappointingLLBingDined on 8/17/2014I've never experienced worse service in a restaurant. I expected better as the restaurant has been at its location for many years and was at one time a desirable place to dine. At this time its only good for outdoor drinking while listening to loud music. We might have enjoyed the view if we weren't always needing to find a server - and once we found the server to tell them what was needed at the table. The meals were served with long delays, that is, the first guest's meal was served with a wait of almost 10 minutes before the second guest's meal was brought to the table, and another 10 minutes before the 3rd and 4th guests meals were served. If you are looking for a restaurant where one might enjoy a meal, it's abominable.Special Features:
- A lovely view butOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/17/2014The view is indeed beautiful but the quality of the buffet doesn't come close to justifying the high price unless you eat a lot of oysters and lobster rolls. The breakfast part of the brunch is truly disappointing: eggs benedict cold 5 minutes after the buffet is open, only bagels available, no bread option.Special Features:
- Out to lunchMarlenedcVIPDined on 8/15/2014While the view of the water is exquisite, the restaurant is not. Service was missing, our waitress blamed the kitchen for food arriving late and cold and not all at the same time. We got many apologies but nothing made up for the slow in attentive service. We had to flag people down for our entrees, bread, water, wine etc. They should have done something to make up for this awful experience but didn't. Not a place I would ever recommend.
- alyssa gOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014Good food choices. My boyfriend had the new york strip which he LOVED. I had the seafood risotto which just Ok. The atmosphere was excellent with perfect views of the marina and sunset. The waitstaff were attentive but in no way rushed us to finish. Wonderful desserts! Would come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite Menu and Romantic Scenetunein2tdineVIPDined on 8/10/2014If you want to experience sunset in the Hamptons and fine dining with a good friend or a loved one, this is the best place to go. The food is beyond fresh and mostly raised in farms by the local community and the seafood dishes are premium. The waiters cater to your every need by anticipating the next desire - whether water, more bread, or paying attention to your palette and recommending the best items on the menu. At a reasonable cost for the scenic view and the ambiance, this is worth making it a dinner stop every time you're out East.Special Features:
- Never again!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/8/2014Coming here for years. Placed at table and simply ignored. Waited 30 minute to give drink order. Had to wave down waiter to give dinner order. After 90 minutes- no food. No staff even checking in on our table. Manger was clueless. We paid for our drinks and left. Never again.Special Features:
- view,view,view !!!watersideVIPDined on 8/7/2014we have been coming to EHP for many years & we continue to come back over & over due to the breathtaking views! every time we return we reiterate the fact that it is the view & nothing but the view - lol !! the food is okay/good - not great. the service is always very unreliable to sometimes downright poor. but....back to the view..ahhh!! we have never been able to understand why an establishment such as EHP allows for such poor service - understaffed & undertrained - i just don't comprehend what management could be thinking. this restaurant has the potential to be the absolute best, yet they do not take advantage of the location/views and provide service that is equally as awesome.Special Features:
- Sunsets and the baramifiedDined on 8/5/2014best thing about the place. otherwise service was really bad.
- Always reliable.MattDined on 8/4/2014I received some very good news one day and wanted a special, beautiful place to celebrate on short notice. East Hampton Point always serves good food. A spectacular view of the sunset while we ate was just the perfect backdrop for a special dinner. Wait staff was attentive but not intrusive and i never felt rushed as we lingered over each course. Their seafood specials are always top notch.Special Features:
- Worth a second chance3StarsDined on 7/27/2014The food was left in the steamers too long. Fruit was fresh. I would only have the freshly made omelet when I go again. I will try the menu next time. I appreciate the live music.Special Features:
- i love it!!!marinaDined on 7/26/2014i just love to go in this place where the sunset is magic! the food is good..maybe not excellent but in my opinion it's the best place in east hampton!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An exceptional surprisePippilovinglifeDined on 7/26/2014After reading some of the reviews from yelp etc from earlier in the summer, we were going to the East Hampton point with low expectations. Their view of the sunset by the bay is stilling and nothing could diminish that. Surprisingly our experience was flawless. Our charming and efficient wait staff explained they had fired and replaced most of the early summer wait staff as well as hiring consultant chef.Our meal was exceptional from the "The Point" arugula (only local Balsam Farms) salad, most delicious Montauk steamed lobster. the special of local tuna was such a beautiful presentation and equally mouth watering. It is an unsung treasure. Thank you to all at East Hampton Point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a real disappointmentslw711Dined on 7/25/2014I originally called to make a reservation and was told no tables until after 915pm. Then I happened to look at Open table and saw several times available. The restaurant was far from fully occupied. I order grilled vegetables (mezze plate) and received a variety of pickled vegetables, stale bread, and store bought hummus. It tasted terrible. My dining partner ordered the lobster bisque soup. It was watery and had very little lobster. Also ordered was the crab cake appetizer. It was small and not tasty. The sad part is the restaurant overlooks the water and has a spectacular view. I would never return for a meal but might come back for the sunsets.Special Features:
- Awful, awful food, great settingAnnieFalafelDined on 7/19/2014From the prix fixe menu, I ordered: the raw bar, melon soup, tuna tartare, surf n' turf and cookies for dessert. With the exception of the raw bar, which was pretty fresh, the food was horrendous. The melon soup was dripping with cheap olive oil; the tuna tartare was mashed, not diced, and served atop an avocado mousse that tasted as though it came from a mass-market tub of guacamole loaded with preservatives; the lobster was gummy as heck and the steak, a filet mignon, must have been pre-cooked hours before it was finished; the dessert cookies were worse than what you'd get from a Betty Crocker mix. All that said, if the weather's right and you sit outside, it's such a lovely atmosphere that you almost don't mind the abysmal food.Special Features:
- What a rip-offHamptoniteDined on 7/19/2014When we arrived at the restaurante they surprised us with the fact that all they served was a prix fixe for $150 per person. At 7.30 on a Saturday night there is no other restaurant in the Hamptons with an available table, so we were stuck and very upset. The food was Ok, but not worth that amount of money.Special Features:
- Awful customer serviceDisaPOINTedVIPDined on 7/19/2014I wasn't told upon making my 6:45 open table reservation, upon my verbal confirmation with the restaurant, or when we checked in for dinner, that it was a $150/person prix fix dinner that night due to 9:30pm fireworks in the area. We weren't aware until the waiter handed us the menu. The staff was unfriendly and unaccommodating when we asked for another option because we weren't informed prior to sitting down and weren't interested. I don't understand how they could not inform diners of a special event the evening if their reservation. I will never go back. I hear the food is sub par anyway.Special Features:
- East Hampton PointGW44VIPDined on 6/12/2014Very good food, service, and ambience. Very friendly staff, peaceful views, and great food helped make our celebration memorable. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HorribleMorganVIPDined on 5/25/2014We came for the views, which are amazing. It took 20 minutes for the Valet to park the car. We were seated quickly but it took another 30 minutes before a waiter came over to take a drink order and bring menus. This was after I asked for someone to come over twice. First drink arrived 45 minutes after sitting down. They gave me gin instead of Vodka. There was a Reggae band playing next door in the bar area. The music was so loud no one in the dining area could have a conversation at their own table. You could see people huddled together over their tables trying to hear one another. Food was boring and bland - zero flavor but the prices were through the roof.
- Wonderful placeRobADined on 5/25/2014Terrific outdoor dining in a beautiful location. Food was also good. Service was a little slow, due to lack of staff or summer help. Our waiter was doing a terrific job, he just had too many tables. But I really liked the restaurant, the scenery and the band who played on Sunday nightSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 5/25/2014Horrible service. Every table was very upset. We left after 65 minutes and no main courses despite 3 chats with front desk and two different servers. They comped everything we had had since they realized complete disaster. But it was not just our table. Every table in actual or near revolt. Don't go!
- westchesterfoodieVIPDined on 5/24/2014The view is magnificent. Perfect place to sit outside and watch the boats.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 118 reviews are from the East Hampton Point reviews archive.
- Don't go for Mother's DayIleneDined on 5/11/2014We thought this would be perfect for Mothers Day sadly so did everyone else ! They just couldn't handle the crowd poor planning on their part resulted in a less than satisfactory experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's DayDisappointedDined on 5/11/2014I have found that the professionalism has deteriorated over the years. They ran out of clean plates which took some time to replace. The table was not cleared in some time. At the end of the meal when I asked for tea, no sugar was forthcoming until I asked for it. I have had experience with this restaurant before and it was always pleasant and professional. I cannot say the same for this past Sunday.Special Features:
- Good For Food, Bad For DiningSjpvacVIPDined on 9/1/2013Have never been to a place where the food was so good and the dining experience was so bad. Four of us were seated at a table at the foot of the step down to another dining section where every waiter passed by with every order that came out of the kitchen for the other dining section. There should never have been a table located where we were seated as it was clearly a passage area but I guess the owners were more interested in making $ rather than diner comfort. The noise was so loud that you had to yell to talk, only to be exacerbated by a loud reggae band that was obviously trying to be heard in the next town over. It got so bad we had to ask to be reseated after we started dinner. Last time at this place.Special Features:
- The food and ambience werelornieVIPDined on 8/28/2013The food and ambience were great. It was not busy the night I was there but I'm sure that will change when the word gets around!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The menu advertised on theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/27/2013The menu advertised on the Internet was not the actual menu in restaurant, so that the Choices we went for were not Aviailable. The portions waere minuscule so that I left the restaurant hungry and in search of a snack somewhere else. The quality of food was only average. Only saving grace is the harbor views and the friendliness of our waiter,. He did his best but when we reported our dissatisfaction to the maitre she could not have cared less. To top it off, our table had small ants crawling around. We shall not return. JzSpecial Features:
- Food is good, specials areOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2013Food is good, specials are ridiculously overpriced... Beautiful sunset viewSpecial Features:
- Food was disappointing. ThisOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/21/2013Food was disappointing. This was once a reliably good if not excellent restaurant. Don't know what happened.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/21/2013I was extremely disappointed with my visit to East Hampton Point. To start with, they did not have my first two selections on the wine list. I would suggest either informing their wait staff ahead of time or red dotting the menu. We had to wait an extremely long time for both our appetizer and main meal. We were there almost two hours before we finally received our main meal. I also felt our server was too glib with his remarks and did not keep us informed as to what was taking so long. This is the second time I have been unhappy with the service. The restaurant was not too crowded and the kitchen and the server made our evening stressful and very disappointed. I will not be returning.Special Features: