East Bay Grille
173 Water Street
Plymouth, MA 02360Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
East Bay Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eastbaygrille.com/
- Phone: 5087469751
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Joel Mantel
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: East Bay Grille does offer off-site catering options please contact General Manager Erik Daigle at (508)746-9751 for details
- Private Party Facilities: East Bay Grille has some private s well as semi-private dining options. The Private indoor dining room can handle up to 65 people. The Alcove is a semi private space that holds up to 45 guest. Private outdoor tented events can host up to 200 people. Please visit www.eastbaygrille.com to view our Function menus.
- Private Party Contact: Mike Cardelle (508)746-9751
- Entertainment: Live entertainment is featured every Thur, Friday and Saturday nights as well as Wednesday evenings and Sunday Afternoons in season. Please visit our website at www.eastbaygrille.com for a complete entertainment schedule.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Free Valet parking is available on Friday and Saturday nights and every day and night from mid May until September 1st. The East Bay Parking lot consist of the first three rows of spots and are all marked East Bay Grille parking, all other spots are Town owned spots and require a paid ticket from the pay station. Please contact the restaurant with any questions pertaining to parking.
A word from East Bay Grille
The East Bay Grille is located on Plymouth's historic waterfront. It features the freshest ingredients available and specializes in seafood offerings, steaks, pasta, entree salads, appetizers, raw bar and a bar menu. Open daily from 11:00AM with live entertainment Thurs, Fri and Sat evenings and in season Wednesday nights and Sunday afternoons as well. You can dine in our spacious and comfortable dining room or outside on the newly renovated patio which affords scenic views. The full menu is available at both the indoor or outdoor heated bar. East Bay Grille is dedicated to providing exceptional service along with superior quality in a warm inviting environment to make your dining experience a memorable one.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
East Bay Grille - Best Restaurants in Plymouth ›
East Bay Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
111 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (79)scenic view (69)good for groups (46)special occasion (42)great for lunch (40)vibrant bar scene (30)fit for foodies (23)hot spot (18)neighborhood gem (17)great for brunch (16)romantic (15)kid-friendly (14)notable wine list (9)late-night find (7)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014WE had a wonderful experience here. The food was delicious The service was outstanding. The atmosphere outside was fun. We loved the palm treesSpecial Features:
- Always a Great Dining ExperienceMDFoodieDined on 9/13/2014We love this restaurant and brought friends who had never been. We had a great experience. The food and drinks were delicious and served in a timely fashion by our polite, attentive server. Michael is our favorite server, but he was working a function. Rich took great care of us, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The place in Plymouth to visitluvnycVIPDined on 9/13/2014Really enjoyed this restaurant where everything was freshly prepared, not over cooked, over salted or overly oily or fatty. Great views and good service.Special Features:
- roseDined on 9/10/2014We dined at the East Bay Grill for our Wedding Anniversary. My husband per usual ordered the lobster roll which he raves about. I ordered one of the specials for the night. My meal was tasty but I felt it did not warrant the price. Overall we had a good time and will go back. We love dining outside as the view is fantastic.Special Features:
- A patio with a viewGayleDined on 9/7/2014I have eaten lunch at the East Bay Grille before with friends, and always on the patio--never in the interior dining room. We again asked to be seated on the patio overlooking Plymouth Harbor. The view was spectacular and will be etched in our collective memories as we begin to encounter hints of fall weather. My lobster roll was (as always, very good) and my very pregnant daughter-in-law attacked the Belgian waffles with gusto. Both my husband and son devoured their hamburgers that were cooked exactly as ordered. My spicy Bloody Mary was perfect and hit the spot. Our waitress was friendly and efficient. My only recommendation would be to expand the brunch menu beyond a few specials. We always walk away with a smile.Special Features:
- Enjoyable evening with Friends.00000000Dined on 9/1/2014We had a table for 4 by the window. The hostess was very nice and accomodating, food was very good, but our server could have been more attentive and seemed a bit annoyed (maybe hoping for a bigger tab). We had hearty appetizers and then salads with toppings and drinks, but no desert. Other than the waiter, our experience was enjoyable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- visitjazzVIPDined on 8/30/2014had a nice dinner with friends - convenient, good food, if expensive, poor attitude of server. would recommend but caution about expense and service. outside seating is lovely - nice view of the water and enjoyable evening for all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre100PJVIPDined on 8/29/2014Dinner experience was only ok. There were several mix ups on the service side and the food was blasé. My order of fried scallops was overlooked and like warm when delivered to the table.
- dinnerjazzVIPDined on 8/28/2014return visit -- very busy; good food; comfortable seating; too expensive for the meal and dining experience. stale rollsSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014The acoustics are terrible, and always have been even back when the place was Dern & McGrath's. The air conditioning was being over used and my "date" a 96 year old friend was too cold, even I in my 50's found it to be chilly but the waiter came to the rescue and provided her with a tee shirt to drape over her shoulders! Next time we will be prepared with sweaters. The food and service are excellent!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top SpotEatsoutDined on 8/24/2014We used Open Table rating to decide where to go in Plymouth. It was dead on. The food was very good, sizable portions, basically everything you can read on line was true.Special Features:
- Great every time!poolieDined on 8/20/2014Once again the East Bay Grill never fails to impress! From the Valet parking to the Hostess who directed us to a lovely linen set table on the gorgeous patio overlooking the Plymouth Bay, to our server who was both efficient and read perfectly our wish to leisurely stroll through dinner while we caught up with old friends, to the wonderful food which had everyone uttering mmmm.....It was all perfect. Fun night. Beauitiful evening out on Plymouth Bay. Would def recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2014We enjoyed our meals so much for dinner came back to eat outside and enjoy another very good meal.Special Features:
- Very dissapointing.Chrisedge1620Dined on 8/15/2014We had a reservation for 7 and were not seated til 740 while sitting there we watched numerous parties of the same size who did not have reservations seated before us. When we were seated we were sat at plastic tables with no center piece silverware or salt and pepper shakers and basically shoved into a corner. The waitress brought out a bottle of wine instead of the champagne we asked for and didn't notice her mistake til she poured the whole bottle. Felt like we were treated very second rate even though we abided by the dress code that pther people at the restraint did not. Very disappointing.
- Great food and ServiceKathyDined on 8/11/2014Great service and food! Love dinning outside! Valet parking is a plus!Special Features:
- FABULOUS!!LisaTDined on 8/10/2014We took my mom here for her birthday dinner. The food (Caesar Salad, Steak, Steak Tips, calamari, and pasta with butter for the kiddos) was delectable! The rolls were fresh out of the oven... Our server was Bre and she was phenomenal. She was very friendly and always had a smile! I have a food allergy (garlic) and they were very accommodating. I also noticed a lot of gluten free options. I can't forget valet.. They were also very nice and let us leave the car while we walked to get ice cream.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful, as always!ScottVIPDined on 8/10/2014We have been going to East Bay Grill for many years and we are never disappointed. The food and service are always exceptional and the beautiful view is an added bonus. I order salmon salad at other restaurants and I am always disappointed when I compare it to East Bay's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a special celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014food was delicious. Great service. We had a reservation and were seated immediately even though the restaurant was very crowded. We were celebrating a birthday and on their recommendation, brought a cake with us.Special Features:
- Great location, Great foodMickeyFinnDined on 8/8/2014We made reservations for 7:00, showed up a little early to have a drink or 2 at the bar before we sat. They were able to seat us early, which we took advantage of. Both of our children, ages 11 and 14 loved their food as well as my wife and I. Our waitress was good, and the service was good as well. You can sit outside on a first come first served basis. Next time we go we will try to get an outside table overlooking Plymouth Harbor. Live bands on Friday night are a good take as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was slightly underwhelmingdrnappyDined on 8/8/2014Everything was very good, except 2 of 5 people had the Everything Tuna and asked for very rare and waiter said it's always served rare but both came over done with just a little pink showing. Also, as an aside the daily specials just didn't seem special, a restaurant right on the water and next to fishing boats should have great fish specials and the fish of the day was wahoo?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoneJackm1711Dined on 8/5/2014Great meal, able to get a nice table out back near the ocean. Service was greatSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014Wonderful experience. They accommodated a birthday group and took an advance request for a special cake. Wonderful!Special Features:
- Fun place to go.citygirls6Dined on 7/29/2014My husband & I have been there many times & love it! This is the 2nd time I've been there with a group & still love it. The waiter was fabulous, very attentive, professional & lots of fun. Food is always great, plentiful, nicely plated, fresh & delicious. Our group of 6 loved the lobster roll, Caesar salad with grilled shrimp & the scrod lunch. Would highly recommend it for couples & groups. We never felt rushed. The free valet parking is an added bonus. (Of course we tipped the valets!) Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing serviceBjwintsDined on 7/29/2014Went for the second time with a party of six. Service was very spotty.....waitress seemed harried. Had to wait for coffee requested more than once. Confusion over a request to change type of fish on two similarly priced dishes. The manager was pleasant though. Extra charge for gluten free bread. Seemed petty!Special Features:
- sieataVIPDined on 7/28/2014The setting was lovely with a window overlooking the ocean. I ordered the salmon on a salad and it was very good. My friends were also happy with their meals. We had a lovely time and were able to talk as it wasn't too noisy. I would definitely come back.Special Features:
- EileenEVIPDined on 7/27/2014A little pricey for the quality of the uninovative food.Special Features:
- Just OKlookingforthebestDined on 7/23/2014The food wasn't that great. I've had better at the 99. I had a mojito, the bartender didn't really know how to make it. Was extremely sweet and not enough mint nor lime. There are many restaurants in Plymouth that are much better.
- Great Outdoor Settingc5028Dined on 7/22/2014Great experience.......two outdoor bars, outdoor seating, good food, reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Good Food, Nice PlaceMaineBigDaddyVIPDined on 7/21/2014Was there on a Monday, which is typically less busy, however tonight was packed and they were short staffed. The staff was great and on many occasions we saw them literally running with food and orders. They really stepped up. The food was very good, nice selections and good local fishes. Definitely something for everyone.Special Features:
- mixed reviewgregnmattsmomDined on 7/21/2014The food at East Bay Grille was very good and the physical surroundings are lovely. We had a reservation for 4. When we arrived, we were seated promptly. When our friends arrived a few minutes later, they were also seated promptly...in another room. It was only by accident that we found them! Our waiter was very rushed and quite perfunctory in his service. It is a nice place and customers should not feel as if they are in a fast food joint!!Special Features:
- Great foodBirthdaydineDined on 7/21/2014East Bay is always consistent in their food quality! Excellent meal! The noise level was high and it was hard to carry on conversation. We had elderly people in our party, but even the younger folks had trouble! Servicer was great, full of personality, but they seemed short staffed! Will definitely continue to be a go to place for special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Entertaining out of town guestsCmccDined on 7/20/2014Had guests in from out of town and have had previous positive experience at East Bay Grille. Unfortunately, server was not too interested in our table. Had to ask for bread, which all of the other servers brought to their tables. After meal was served, he didn't return until we were finished with our meal. Did not ask if we wanted drink refills. Would definitely would not want him as our server again.Special Features:
- Birthday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014Brought a group of 6 (+ a baby) for my aunts birthday brunch. Wasn't that busy inside when we arrived (12:30 on a Sunday) but the outside patio was filling in fast. Once we met our server we had nothing but great service and great food! Only thing a few people questioned was the brunch menu, I should have checked before but it is very limited. Literally only has a waffle and a piece of quiche on it for breakfast items and there's a few sandwiches to choose from. Thankfully, people didn't mind and ordered off both the brunch and main menu. After brunch we stepped outside to the bar for a few more drinks and they were just setting up entertainment for the afternoon. Wish we could have stayed longer to enjoy it all! Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- All sizzle no steakLightfootVIPDined on 7/20/2014Food and service very overrated. The only accolade for this restaurant is the outdoor space.
- Awesome restaurantfoodislife47Dined on 7/18/2014I went with my girlfriend for her birthday and if you only get drinks and an entreé it's a very good price! Also eating outside was the best descision!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant was a great pleasureGusmarDined on 7/17/2014We were so happy to find This great restaurant. We were vacationing with 2 small children & wanted a spot with great food & drinks & kid friendly as well. It was win win for us. The location had a great water view, excellent staff & food. Our kids also enjoyed the experience. We would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe better for locals?FirstvisitDined on 7/16/2014Both appetizer and entree arrived different than what we ordered. Waiters spent several minutes chatting with other patrons about boats, Barcelona, etc while we waited for drinks, lemon, steak sauce, etc, Perhaps locals or regular patrons have a better experience? I requested gluten free options but the mussels came garnished with toast (not gluten free and not available either). My scallops arrived covered with (again) not gluten free bread crumbs. My first time there - won't be returning.Special Features:
- memorableDined on 7/14/2014The food was delicious and our waiter was very good in that he did not rush us and he answered our questions about the menu.We were there for our anniversary and everything was perfect. He was there when we needed him yet he did not hover.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/10/2014Met my family for lunch on Thursday and it was really nice. We wanted to sit on the patio but it was packed...which tells you something for a Thursday afternoon! Food was great!Special Features:
- Great location, disappointing foodeasygoingeaterDined on 7/6/2014Sometimes big restaurants do many things well, sometimes they don't. This was my first time at this East Bay Grill, I'd been to the smaller Pine Hills location before and loved the food. This waiter was among the best I've ever had, attentive, polite, funny. (Special shout out to the friendly and fast valet staff.) The food was not so great. Lobster rolls were swamped in mayo and the fries were too salty. The Vegetable Primavera was gloppy and soupy. Our bloody marys tasted like they were made from a premade mix.