East Bank Club- Maxwell's at the Club
500 North Kingsbury Street
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
East Bank Club- Maxwell's at the Club
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.maxwellsattheclub.com/
- Phone: (312) 527-5800 ext. 301
- Hours of Operation:
Hours of Operation Monday - Friday
Dinner 5:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Sunday Brunch 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Rich Hall
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Tuesdays, 5:30 - 9:30 p.m. Midnight Sun
Wednesdays, 5:30 - 9:30 p.m. Gypsy Influence
Thursdays, 5:30 - 9:30 p.m. Robert Solone with vocalist Marleah Liddle
Fridays, 5:30 - 9:30 p.m. The Joe Hurt Trio Featuring Redd Holt
- Special Events: Lobster Tails Dinner: Tuesdays, $38.50
Small Plates: Wednesdays, $24.00
Rib Night: Thursdays, $18.00
Italian Night: Fridays, $28 Adults, $12 Children under 10
A word from East Bank Club- Maxwell's at the Club
A tribute to East Bank Club’s first Executive Director, Chicago sports legend Max Davidson, Maxwell’s at the Club is about more than just delicious food and careful service. It’s about a broad, fine selection of high quality dishes, prepared by a team of highly skilled chefs who make just about everything from scratch. We buy the best fresh, local, natural products possible in order to create meals that are both pleasurable and wholesome.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
East Bank Club- Maxwell's at the Club reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (8)great for lunch (8)good for groups (6)neighborhood gem (5)vibrant bar scene (4)notable wine list (4)fit for foodies (3)kid-friendly (2)special occasion (2)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Delicious yet rushed!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/18/2014While the lobster, vegetables, and even bread basket with vinegar were AMAZING, it was hard to focus on the food and experience with all the staff hovering over us. Most were very friendly, but were constantly at the table re-filling the already full, tall glass of water after only taking a tiny sip, standing around watching our every move, and making it a not not-as-relaxing-as-it-should-be meal. To make things even more uncomfortable, two waiters were obviously just standing and staring at our table as we were clearly finishing our meal. Both turned around and walked away when we stared back- and then, not surprisingly, sprinted over to the table to clean it the second we got up to put our coats on. The whole experience would have been a LOT better had we not felt so rushed to leave the restaurant. Very disappointed in the overly-aggressive service. Food-wise, however- would definitely recommend to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoy the weekly specialavipVIPDined on 11/13/2014The Thursday evening prime beef is both excellent and very reasonable priced. Good service and you can have a conversation without having to raise your voice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Celebration @ MaxwellsMeMeDined on 11/2/2014As always East Bank Club " Maxwell's" Outstanding Great Food, Service, Entire Staff very attentive Made sure everything was went well. Celebrating a friends Birthday they made sure a cake with a candle was presented after we completed our brunch. Will be back. Made us feel very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- East Bank ClubMLucas0122Dined on 11/2/2014The EBC should be known for its brunch. The food is fresh and delicious and the omelettes are well prepared. There is enough diversity in the number of offerings to satisfy most diners and the relative value at $30 per head, less for kids, is great. The trick for EBC is to let people know that brunch is not associated with membership. If more people knew that, brunch would be far more crowded.Special Features:
- East Bank on Football SundayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/26/2014While the food was decently good, I was not happy with the cost (>60) for a pretty good buffet. Making matters worse was the fact that I was taping football at home on my DVR and they had football BLASTING on multiple TV's. Look, if I was at a bar...fine. But, my wife and I wanted a peaceful breakfast after a workout and while the food was good, it wasn't worth the cost.
- It's GoodPickyVIPDined on 7/31/2014The food is very good and dependable. Their wait staff is outstanding, particularly Lorena. They have specialty nights like prime rib, bbq ribs, pasta and small plates. Their desserts are good as well.
- The following 162 reviews are from the East Bank Club- Maxwell's at the Club reviews archive.
- Great PlaceGreatVIPDined on 7/18/2014This is a great place a must try strongly recommend...great food and serviceSpecial Features:
- Hidden Secret?BobLVIPDined on 6/26/2014Just a great place to go and relax. Piano music playing from the bar area helps us enjoy the meal. One of the few places where you can go and actually have a good conversation with those your dining with. Food and service are alway good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/15/2014Kids a re only allowed at Sunday brunch, but then they are welcomedSpecial Features:
- LabsruleLabsruleDined on 6/12/2014This was a great spot for a party of six coming from all corners of the city and northern suburbs: convenient parking; not crowded; excellent service; good wine list; tasty food. Aside from a rude, elderly patron yelling at us to quiet down (he somewhat apologized a few minutes later), it was a perfect venue for our girls' night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hidden gemajk73VIPDined on 6/4/2014most people do not seem to know that this restaurant exists, and even some who know do not realize that you do not have to be a club member to eat here. it is certainly worth a look if you want a quiet spot for a leisurely meal.Special Features:
- GtreatGreatVIPDined on 5/11/2014This is the best place for a celebration Brunch or dinner i HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS SPOTSpecial Features:
- Our New All Time FavoriteJimKDined on 5/8/2014My wife and I have eaten at Maxwell's many times. The food is always perfect: healthy, and tasty. The specials are unique. It is never noisy or crowded. There is live music playing nearby in the bar. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable. Prices are fair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EASTER BRUNCHTSYENGDined on 4/20/2014I've been a member of EBC for 30+ years. We often go to Maxwell's for brunch and an occasional dinner. The brunch is always wonderful, fresh, tasty, generous, with a nice variety of selections.Special Features:
- Great find in the area!UsherDined on 4/7/2014Food was awesome and great service - I will be back there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My wife, mother-in-law, andEnjoyEatingVIPDined on 4/6/2014My wife, mother-in-law, and I had a lovely brunch at the East Bank Club last Sunday. Actually, it was a somewhat re-creation of our wedding that we celebrated some 30 something months earlier there … but at that time we used all the public dining rooms on the first floor. At the time of our wedding, my wife and I were too busy to actually have eaten any of the wonderful brunch we heard about. Last Sunday, we enjoyed ourselves … and the food … and the service. Our server Lorena was wonderful. We look forward to going back again.
- Chicago's Hidden secretGreatVIPDined on 3/21/2014This place in a private club that is open to the public is a price performer with over the top quality food. The Friday Night Italian buffet is great quality and very fairly priced and has a great Jazz band to go with great food and service. Call and ask for Charles and watch the magic unfold. This is the best Easter Mothers Day Thanksgiving placer to go..The Sunday Brunch at 24.00 per person can not be beatSpecial Features:
- Everything was excellent especiallyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/18/2014Everything was excellent especially since my guest and myself were in a hurry.Special Features:
- Small Plates WednesdayRonnoVIPDined on 3/12/2014What a wonderful evening. Inventive dishes with amazing taste. Our only complaint (tongue in cheek) are the plates were not really small. So the value is wonderful.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/28/2014Portions very small. Husband had to ask for more. Buffet was disappointing. Must say service was wonderful
- My go-to placeaskpegVIPDined on 2/25/2014The caring staff and the nicely prepared food makes Maxwell's a wonderful place to visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor customer serviceKenGDined on 2/23/2014I had originally made a reservation for Christmas. The OPen Table incompetents did not email me me till the day before and ruined my holiday. The restaurant gave me gift cards to make up for it. Open Table could care less.
- Great brunch valueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/16/2014Great omelet and accoutrements at a reasonable price Healthy prep Not greasySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a happy Valentine's DayMsNanDined on 2/14/2014We went to Maxwell's literally based on a picture a former student posted on Facebook. And we were very glad we did! Our visit was better than we even hoped it would be, (though we would have liked to be closer to the music.) The people who work there are wonderful. from the maître d' to our waitress to the wonderful man who refilled our water, we were pleased to meet them. We look forward to returning when special occasions occur. It was quite a trip to the site, but every mile was worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waited too long but mostly worth itdigitalROARDined on 2/9/2014It took almost 15 minutes to have a server visit us, but once he came he was more attentive. Since it was for brunch I assume he thought we would get up and go to it, but one of our party wanted off the menu, and we all had bloodies and mimosas. Food from buffet was quite fresh and everything was nicely prepared. Omelet bar options were very thorough.Special Features:
- Great PlaceGreatVIPDined on 1/28/2014This restaurant is a hidden Gem and everyone should check it outSpecial Features:
- Excellent in all respectsRussKeeperDined on 1/16/2014The three of us had a great meal. Food was delicious and service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- east bank club maxwellskatiewinnieDined on 12/27/2013fridays at EBC is always fun, they offer a expansive italian buffet as well as the option to eat off the menu. i love seafood and they offered both salmon and swordfish at the buffet. in addition they have a jazz trio that features drummer red holt of the ramsey lewis trio fame.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A comfortable and pleasantTennisscDined on 12/20/2013A comfortable and pleasant spot for really tasty and healthy food. The service is always friendly and attentive. The brunch and Italian buffets have lots of great options and are lots of fun for adults and children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving BuffetBrianThaBDined on 11/28/2013This was my 2nd year doing the Thanksgiving buffet and the food was just as good this year as it was last year!! The staff was also very attentive and great! $45 for a buffet on Thanksgiving is Chicago's best secret if you do not cook or won't be home with family for the holiday. I would definitely consider returning again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- italian buffet is not so fabuloso!PinksterVIPDined on 11/22/2013Nice antipasto/salads yet all entrees were non-Italian! One person staffing the create your own pasta often left several people waiting in line -- you choose pasta, sauce and additions such as veggies, meatballs, etc., but that was the only Italian part of the meal besides the antipasto. Waiter, when asked about different food items, replied "that's very good" or "that's very good too" :-) never replenished our bread or offered us a second cup of coffee. Was told by hostess upon validating our parking stub that parking would be complimentary but the robo-parking attendant was telling me to insert my credit card for the $28 fee!! Pushed call button and after about 10 minutes of fooling around was finally released from the parking prison.
- delicious dinnersallenVIPDined on 11/12/2013I've been there 3 times now and wonderful food, always. Also, after dinner you can go into the bar area and listen to a wonderful combo. We had a thoroughly enjoyable eveningSpecial Features:
- delicious dinnersallenVIPDined on 10/29/2013We had adelicious meal,great service and a wonderful eveningSpecial Features:
- Usually love the food. FarmRubinVIPDined on 10/23/2013Usually love the food. Farm to table special was a disaster. The only good dish was the dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed in general. OnlyfoodloverVIPDined on 10/23/2013Disappointed in general. Only had soup and salad as we didn't really see an entree that excited us. Soup was good; brussel sprout salad was so-so. No vegetarian entree, which is shocking in a health club! Service was terrible: waitress was loud and a bit condescending to a table of older women: seemed really surprised when we all ordered wine (!!) Really?!? She didn't bring the sweet potato fries we ordered as a side: we had to ask for them towards the end of the meal when they had not shown up. Overall, very disappointing. I live in the neighbourhood but will not return.
- we got white fish and salmonOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/20/2013we got white fish and salmon - both very good, very basic, and healthy. veggie sides great. tuna bruschetta appetizer was way overpriced - $12 for 2 pieces of bread and a few bites of tuna. a nice meal, but way overpriced.
- wish I knew about this soonerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/30/2013I have been an EBC member for 3 years. This was the first dining experience I have had here.... I am telling everyone how wonderfully surprised and impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu and extensive saladgoodchowDined on 5/15/2013Great menu and extensive salad selections.Also lots of choices for sides. Though mostly healthy menu,great burgers. Professional and engaging service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maxwell's was wonderful aseddyjjrDined on 4/28/2013Maxwell's was wonderful as usual . Great Brunch! wonderful service from Charles and Lorena. We have known them for years and they are wonderful. That is why we keep coming back. Give them both a raise.Special Features:
- food was good , hot. Our servereddyjjrDined on 4/14/2013food was good , hot. Our server was wonderful, did not get her name. Charles is wonderful, as always. he works so hard. Give him a raise.