East & West at Yotel New York
570 10th Ave.
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
East & West at Yotel New York
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://yotelnewyork.com/eat-drink/east-west-at-club-lounge/
- Phone: (646) 449-7790
- Hours of Operation:
11am – 11pm (Sunday – Thursday), 11am – midnight (Friday & Saturday)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Pay with OpenTable,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French, Asian
- Executive Chef: Bradley Day
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining rooms available up to 75 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Allie Levine 646-449-7792x
- Cross Street: 42nd Street
- Public Transit: If you are arriving on the Metro, the closest subway station is 42nd Street - Port Authority which is served by trains A, C, E, or 42nd Street - Times Square which is served by trains 1, 2, 3.
The Port Authority bus terminal is also located nearby, just two blocks away and two blocks down on Eighth Avenue.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Public parking garage located in building.
A word from East & West at Yotel New York
East & West, the new concept from acclaimed restaurant group China Grill Management, offers a variety of experiences for guests from laptop-friendly communal tables, lounge areas and comfortable counter seating for solo diners to a casual dining area and private meeting spaces. Modeled after a business class airline lounge, East & West connects the near to the far with a menu that pays homage to the best of the eastern and western worlds – two distinct geographies and cuisines connected through 21st century travel and technology.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
East & West at Yotel New York reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (15)vibrant bar scene (12)good for groups (11)great for outdoor dining (10)special occasion (8)hot spot (8)fit for foodies (7)great for lunch (5)scenic view (4)late-night find (4)neighborhood gem (4)notable wine list (2)romantic (1)Show More
- Food is Clearly Left Under a Heat LampjkbrahVIPDined on 11/16/2014Brunch is $45 for unlimited small plates and drinks. The small plates are clearly cooked in batches WAY ahead of time because it took less than 10 minutes for our server to bring out our first round of dishes. You can only order six plates every 15 minutes. The main dining room has massive tables - you sit on the floor - but each Sunday they have a birthday runway show and decorate the space with balloons and streamers. They have tarot card readers, balloon animal makers, a trio of cheerleaders who danced to "Work B*tch" and drag queens. The mimosas BARELY had any alcohol in them.Special Features:
- Food is not to write home aboutpedroVIPDined on 11/14/2014Appetizer, soup and entree was very disappointing borderline edible. Soups were salty, main entrees were lukewarm or undercooked. Decaf Coffee was bitter and tasted like it was on the burner for a week. Do not recommend this food at all. Left a very bad taste in my mouth.Special Features:
- So disappointingManganVIPDined on 11/7/2014Totally disappointed with this place. Very weak food, bland , no flavor whatsover.!too bad nice space could be better for group dining but the food is so amateurSpecial Features:
- Yotel Sunday Brunch ReviewDavidDined on 10/26/2014We have been dining @ Yotel Sunday brunch for years when we visit NYC and unfortunately this year was a huge dissappointment. The seating has changed, the service was horrible, the music was so loud you couldn't carry on a conversation with your table guests and we asked several times for the music to be turned down and the staff indicated they also "hate it" and complain every wknd of the same issue and mgt doesn't listen. We were given plastic cups for our water and cocktails. The food was not nearly as good as in years past. For $45++, I'll take my business elsewhere. We visited with the mgr upon leaving and he acted as if he hadn't a clue about any of our issues. There are so many great places to dine in NYC, so please go elsewhere!
- Food & Service Were Great!rudybDined on 10/24/2014Really enjoyed going here. I picked this restaurant because they accept ApplePay pay at the table. Food was great. Service was spectacular. Our server really knew his stuff and made recommendations that made selecting our entrées a no brainer. Great prices and excellent specials.Special Features:
- Great, fun, energetic spotOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/19/2014I went there for brunch on Sunday. The food was ok but the ambiance was soooo fun! There were performances and a Dj. I would definitely reccomend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehYum1YumDined on 9/14/2014Not worth the 45$ the good wasn't hot it was luke warm the server disappeared and the sangria was not good at allSpecial Features:
- OverratedPennyDined on 9/13/2014I was so excited to visit this spot being that I heard so many great things about it. When we arrived I was truly impressed by the look and the ambiance. However, are waiter took a very long time to introduce himself. Our waiter was very inattentive and our food and drinks took way too long to come to our table. Just on the service alone I would not return.Special Features:
- *flailing*BrianVIPDined on 8/28/2014The Tavern burger was soooooo delicious and the fries I could not get enough of. The place looks beautiful but felt awkward like it was nestled next to the hotel check-in. Feels cramped. However it does not deter us from enjoying the outdoor lounging area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bottomless food!!!ayafoodsDined on 8/24/2014And drinks ofcourse. With such an extensive all you can eat menu and choice of bottomless mimosas, or sangrias, Yotel is a great, high energy place to spend an afternoon with the gals!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for solo diningTheCsDined on 8/21/2014I had a pre-theater dinner here (and I was the only diner, no reservations were necessary). I like that they offered small plates so that I could taste a couple different things without ordering a large quantity of food. I had the beet/burrata salad and the New Orleans shrimp. Both were delicious and if I were to return, I would order the exact same thing. I even got a try a new wine. My server was helpful with my decisions. Quick, quiet service.Special Features:
- Bottomless BrunchcookiemonsterDined on 8/16/2014This was a great option for a bottomless brunch in NYC. We had 2 hours at the table and could order as much food and drink as we wanted. The food is not outstanding, but is served in small plates so you can graze while you drink mimosas and bloody marys. The drinks are not strong though. So we actually ordered glasses of prosecco in addition. super fun place to head with a group of gals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingHonestaboutfoodDined on 8/16/2014We booked this leased on internet reviews saying it was good for a boozy brunch. Don't waste your money. Yes it is all you can eat. But do you want to eat mediocre food? The all you can drink is even by the servers admission watered down. Seriously. Save your money. Instead head to Calle Ocho for an amazing brunch experience. We did
- Food was a little staleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014We have to keep calling or waitress the food was ok. We had to beg for more drinksSpecial Features:
- The following 17 reviews are from the East & West at Yotel New York reviews archive.
- PasdaDined on 7/27/2014Food tend to be on the saltier side. Water-down drink & do not like those plastic cups!Special Features:
- Yotel BrunchBrunchheavenDined on 7/19/2014Wow, has this place has changed since my last visit, which was over 4 months ago. Drinks were watered down, they serve you in plastic cups now, they no longer leave a pitcher on the table for refills. It was just entirely a difference energy and experience. Not my favorite brunch spot in NYC any longer. Also there was a section with kids playing a few feet from the bar?! Are you serious?!
- Cold FoodluvsteakDined on 7/6/2014Although the food was good I found the "hot food " was not hot at all. Such as the sliders, the meatballs and the general tso chicken. It seems as though they were all prior made. Also, at the time I made my reservations it was advertised that the brunch was $40, however, while there it was $45.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrace DisasterBMacVIPDined on 6/28/2014I went here for my birthday brunch celebration with 7 friends and I called in advance to request a seat on the outdoor terrace. When I arrived early they said the terrace would be a 15 minute wait but when I returned at the start of my reservation I was told that the wait was now an hour and a half. When I tried to get a seat inside they tried to put me near the kitchen which I immediately objected to and was told that the nicer indoor seats were only for reservations which I of course objected to since I made a reservation a month and a half in advance. The restaurant needs to do a better job of managing reservations but overall a fun birthday brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for brunchtiffanytrentDined on 6/22/2014I liked the atmosphere and the food and the way they allow you two hours with unlimited food and drinks. Can't get better than that.Special Features:
- Great summer brunch spot!smalltownNYCDined on 6/21/2014Amazing food, great atmosphere, and plenty of drinks to go around. Family style plates are brought out 6 at a time for the table. The restaurant is labeled as Asian, but there is truly something for everyone here including French Toast!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot!go2ladyDined on 6/1/2014I have been twice and I love it! The service is great and the unlimited options are fantastic! Drink and Eat up!!Special Features:
- AWFULOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014I MADE A RESERVATION FOR A TABLE OF 3 FOR SATURDAY A WEEK BEFORE AND WERE NEVER SEATED, AWAITED AN ADITIONAL HOUR AND LEFT FUMING, I DROVE ALL THE WAY FROM NEW JERSEY TRULY DISAPPOINTED
- Birthday BrunchNanaDined on 5/18/2014We came her for my birthday brunch. The food and ambiance is amazing. I love the view from their rooftop. Our waiter was a little on the dry side and slow refilling our drinks but not terrible. We had a great time and the live entertainment was cool.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencediner07Dined on 5/11/2014We came here for a mother's day brunch, so in our party there were 4 adults and 2 children, a 13 year old and a 7 year old. Even though this isn't a kid friendly place, the kids surprisingly liked it asked when we will return to try dinner. We actually arrived earlier than our reservation, the staffs were very friendly and sat us right away and the waiter was attentive. I recommend this place if you have a special occasion to celebrate with unlimited food and drinks.Special Features:
- FunMahoganyDined on 4/19/2014I had so much fun at brunch. I will definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is one of my regularOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/30/2012This is one of my regular spots - love the tapas style menu and the different areas for dining, drinking & dancing... bring a lot of my out-of-towners here especially since the hotel itself is very cool. I don't have any complaints really except that the service can sometimes be a hit or a miss. Sometimes the service has been outstanding and sometimes we've had to flag the waitor more times than necessary to get service. Regardless, the place itself makes up for it...Special Features:
- Average food but good valueVicsJLongDined on 6/16/2012Average food but good value for money - all you can eat/drink for $40. Waitresses were quite slow with the drinks, were often left waiting.
- Our once favorite brunch placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/11/2012Our once favorite brunch place has gotten slightly worse each time we go. I want the old Yotel back.
- The 3 stars are solely forOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/29/2012The 3 stars are solely for the food. Asian-fusion cuisine was decent, but the service was horrible. There were only a few customers the night we went and it took 40 minutes to get us our first dish. Not worth it as a restaurant, but good bar scene because of their outdoor terrace.Special Features:
- Cool seating in the main areaBroadwayFanVIPDined on 12/6/2011Cool seating in the main area but service was spotty: sometimes we were overwhelmed with conversation and water refills but other times we had to flag people down. We were told the happy hour specials were only available if you ordered from the bar, which seemed silly since we wanted to sit and eat too.Special Features:
- Added to list of favoritesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/23/2011Unusual fare of asian tapas! and it works! small plates allow you to try many different offerings. Between 2 people, we had about 8 plates and it was just right. We recommend trying the ramen! Service was attentive and prompt. Our server is knowledgeable and can help you out in choosing the dishes. Ambiance is asian hip yet comfortable.Special Features: