Earth at Hidden Pond
354 Goose Rocks Rd
Kennebunkport, ME 04046Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Earth at Hidden Pond
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.earthathiddenpond.com/
- Phone: 2079676550x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Thursday - Monday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Justin Walker
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Danielle Johnson Walker 2079676550x
- Entertainment: Wednesday evenings at Farm Bar, from 7-9pm, in July and August
A word from Earth at Hidden Pond
A collaboration with James Beard Award-winner and Boston restaurateur Ken Oringer, Earth promises an unforgettable dining experience that will leave you yearning for more. Nestled amongst balsam trees and birch forest, Earth is the result of a vision—one that embraces community and supports relationships between the world of outstanding cuisine and the farmers and foragers who provide the tools with which we compose incredible fare. Simple yet innovative, Earth"s menu focuses on "farm to fork" freshness. In addition to local meats and seafood, ingredients are used from one of two onsite organic gardens—picked daily and incorporated into each dish to enhance the many flavors and provide a taste that only fresh ingredients deliver.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Earth at Hidden Pond - Best Restaurants in Kennebunkport ›
Earth at Hidden Pond reviews from OpenTable diners
162 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (124)romantic (109)special occasion (109)scenic view (71)great for outdoor dining (65)notable wine list (52)hot spot (39)vibrant bar scene (26)neighborhood gem (25)good for groups (23)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Awesome food, bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2014Our party of 6 had a reservation, were seated promptly when we arrived and was offered water right away. Then we waited for at least 10 minutes for our server to return to ask us for our drink order and then another 10-15 minutes for the drinks. Our server was not prepared for most of the menu/specialty drink questions we asked her. We also observed her bussing and setting tables when there should be someone else doing those tasks so she could concentrate on her table service. When you are trying to compete in the high-end restaurant space and charging these prices, your server should know the specialty drinks and menu items offered cold and service should be prompt and impeccable. The food, however, was fabulous.Special Features:
- reluctant reviewerreluctantreviewerVIPDined on 8/28/20141. Arrived at 7:37 for a 7:30 reservation (construction prevented being early for a drink at the bar.) Our table on the porch was being set - it'd be a few minutes. We waited. 2. A party of 6, which arrived later, was seated. We waited. 3. Hustle and bustle at our table. We waited. 4. The party of 6 moved to "our" table, now joined to another to form a 6-top. I spoke to a hostess. We waited. 5. Spoke again to a hostess. We waited and were eventually sat at half the abandoned table and... waited. 6. 8:30: we got water. It was 8:45 before we were served $16.00 versions of a Cosmopolitan which we'd confirmed was served "straight up", but came mounded with ice that rose above the liquid. 7. Food & service couldn't atone for the sloppy start.Special Features:
- SuperbOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/27/2014This restaurant exceeded our expectations in every category !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- incredible service, great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Probably the best service at a restaurant in 5 years. Our waiter knew the menu and wine list inside and out and was a perfect gentleman with impeccable timing. The food was excellent, and very very fresh. I would recommend this to anyone looking to get away for a night.Special Features:
- A Unique ExperiencecjohnstonDined on 8/24/2014Finding Earth Can be an experience in itself - down a dirt road in the middle of a maine forest , but it's worth the adventure. A very unique atmosphere, excellent service and food combined for a very Special experience. The restaurant is within a very upscale cabin resort and certainly good value given the unique experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/21/2014Fabulous meal with wonderful attentive and unobtrusive service. A gem!!!!Special Features:
- Rustic EleganceMegmillerDined on 8/21/2014Lovely upmarket rustic style restaurant with a touch of elegance. Beautiful fireplace with a casual seating area as well as a candlelit screened in dining area. Fun bar atmosphere for a pre dinner drink. The food is excellent. Interesting flavours and great presentation. Portions are on the smaller side and prices are steepish with most entrees in the $39.-$40 range. There are some pasta items in the $20. to $25. range. Service is excellent and the wine list balanced.Special Features:
- From New Orleans and love to eat.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/21/2014From the moment we drove down the dirt road we were so excited to start our adventure at Earth for dinner. I can't describe in words how beautiful it was inside and outside of the restaurant. The food was delicious, the waitress was so sweet and informative. We can't wait to come back to Maine and dine again at Earth at Hidden Pond.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ThoughtfulOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/19/2014Delicious, fresh food abounds. Our wait staff was very knowledgeable and helpful. Appreciated the complimentary sparkling glass of bubbly to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We would definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Earth should be named HeavenAskerWildeDined on 8/18/2014We loved Earth! The food was incredible, excellent service, and a beautiful environment. They were even able to seat us early for our reservation.Special Features:
- Of road diningNigel5Dined on 8/18/2014If driving through the dark woods and up a mile long dirt trail doesn't intimidate you Earth is your kind of restaurant. The ambience is rustic exotic and in some ways so is the farm to table, organic menu. But don't let this put you off for Earth is an Experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long wait for a bad table!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/17/2014Once we arrived at the restaurant we had to wait 25 minutes after our reservation time for a table. We were not offered any form of compensation for our inconvenience. Considering there is a $30 per head no show fee, I find this outrageous!!! Our table was in the center of the room directly under a cooling vent making everyone in our party uncomfortably cold. The staff had to bring a blanket for my wife. We had a late reservation so it would have been easy to move us to another table even before the appetizers arrived but that option was not offered. The food was very creative but not as tasty as in past visits. My halibut dish was overwhelmed by the lime in the dish, that is all I could taste.
- Magical !FloridafoodiesDined on 8/16/2014I felt like my soul danced as the chef shared himself in every morsel. Freshly foraged mushrooms from the surrounding woods, hand made pastas, wood smoked nectarines with yogurt and basil, a heartfelt composed salad and made to order doughnuts. . . All sound so simple but were executed in such a perfect manner that I will fly from Florida yearly to just eat here. The best meal I have had in the past 5 years !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As great as advertised!streepoDined on 8/16/2014Earth was every bit as good as its hype. My wife had the famous lobster and was delighted. I had a seasonal offering of handmade ravioli in a corn and heirloom tomato butter sauce and it was spectacular. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- I wish there was a 10 start ratingrobbielouDined on 8/15/2014Earth was nothing short of spectacular! The experience was far beyond my wildest dreams - the food, the ambiance, and the service were all spot-on. We sat at the bar prior to dining and had a beautifully crafted cocktail served by a very pleasant bartender. The appetizers, the pasta (with a side of meatballs) and the entrees and dessert were perfectly prepared. The service was quietly efficient and our waitress spent as much time as we wanted chatting about the restaurant, the area and her life. Earth is located within the Hidden Pond resort, but there was nothing pretentious about it. In fact, it was over the top with an atmosphere that was warm and inviting. We will return for our 23rd anniversary and many more thereafter.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDING!Bx2BostonVIPDined on 8/15/2014Earth is a unique and special experience. The food is glorious and certainly not your everyday fare...that said, menu items range from meats, fish, pasta, etc, but the freshness of the 'farm to table' experience is truly part of every bite. Great service, ambiance...though a little off the beaten path. We've been several times and will return again and again!!! It is not inexpensive, but well worth it, especially for a special occasionSpecial Features:
- Night out with friendsElizabethDined on 8/12/2014Menu is unique, spot is beautiful. Fun change from the vibrant coastal restaurants. Food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingSueCVIPDined on 8/11/2014The most magical restaurant I have ever been to. Great ambience...food...service. Incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful flavours!steevypianoguyDined on 8/11/2014I love finding a restaurant that serves dishes where one reacts with, "oh, wow, that's so delicious and very different." Earth is such a place. A warm, inviting restaurant with great food made with the freshest of ingredients capped off with super service. Furthermore, the staff recognized our anniversary with glasses of champagne. Classy!Special Features:
- Hidden Pond is a gem!StaceyVIPDined on 8/10/2014After searching for dining options we decided on trying out Hidden Pond. What a find! The decor is wonderfully contemporary/rustic and provides the perfect backdrop to the view outdoors. Surrounded by woods and ponds the restaurant feels like a perfect getaway. And the food! I wished we had reservations for each day of the week. This is a place not to be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highlight of the tripRebsDined on 8/7/2014The service was excellent, and the food was fresh and delicious. The restaurant had been struck by lightning earlier that day, so things were a bit slower than normal, and there wasn't any music, but that did not detract from the experience. I would definitely go there again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/7/2014Outstanding! This was a special find in Maine! We loved everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Earth at Hidden PondLEHAVIPDined on 8/5/2014Very expensive with service and food that does not necessarily live up to the hype. The place itself is beautiful and the restaurant is always lively.Special Features:
- Never againLove2cookVIPDined on 8/5/2014We have been dining at Earth twice a year since the restaurant opened....once in the fall, and once during summer vacation. In the past, we always considered it a worthy splurge dinner since the food, service and setting were fabulous. Our recent dinner was a drastic change. Service was atrocious. We were seated for 15 minutes before water was poured and waited another 15 minutes to speak to our server and place drink orders. We hurriedly placed our dinner order, fearing it would be another long wait for her to return. Appetizers arrived almost instantaneously, but the we waited almost an hour for our entrees. Wine and bread were long gone. Food was good, but the poor service and rowdy atmosphere near the bar ruined the evening.Special Features:
- ExquisiteSleppDined on 8/5/2014Completely original recipes from start to finish prepared and presented by a very well-trained staff. We were introduced to new flavors aimed to please without overpowering the senses. Impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food & ServiceSASBOSDined on 8/4/2014I have to say that the food, service and atmosphere at Earth rivals the best restaurants anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentcaroleDined on 8/3/2014We have been twice and love it!! Hard to get to so took the supper van from the center of Kennebunkport near the Inn well worth it returns on the hour worth the tripSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!lsullVIPDined on 8/2/2014So I almost didn't write this review because I want the restaurant to remain "hidden", but decided it was too good not to share. The surroundings, the service, and the food were all amazing! Prices are high, so it's definitely a special occasion place, but worth every penny. Everything we ordered was outstanding and the portions were not skimpy. My only (minor) complaint is that they didn't offer an amuse bouche or a tiny dessert taste with the check. In fine dining establishments in Boston, we are used to those extras. We can not wait to return! This is my new favorite restaurant, even if its 2+ hours from home.Special Features:
- I shouldn't be telling you this...AnonymousVIPDined on 8/2/2014BUT you must request the "private dinning huts" outside! They have two (to the best of my knowledge) one fits a group of four, the other a group of ten. Spectacular service, phenomenal presentation and delicious food. This just became an annual thing for me and I live in NYC.Special Features:
- Gem on a campground!KristyVCDined on 8/1/2014Let me tell you - You can literally blindfold yourself, (although with rustic chic decor like Earth, you wouldn't dare want to look away!) just point to something on the menu and I would bet you'll love it! We ate at Earth twice during our recent stay, so between the two of us, we had the opportunity to try much of the menu. There was literally not one thing we didn't enjoy! While fantastic food gets you to walk in the door, the amazingly friendly & attentive staff take the experience to new level entirely! Earth is a definite Must-Go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food experienceJeanDined on 7/30/2014Was at Earth with friends for a late dinner. The menu choice was vast and everything organic and locally produced. The ingredient mix was exciting (deer moss?) and audacious. The setting is spectacular as so was the decor, but we didn't have the chance to have a private outdoor dining cabana (perhaps a bigger group next year), The food was great as so was the wine selection (a little too much on the high end but the large choice of wine by the glass gives the ability to have a great wine and still be able to drive back to the cottage!). Only one drawback though: there was a cold draft of air coming from the ceiling. It was really uncomfortable. We'll return next year when we'll get back to GRB. It's become a tradition now.Special Features:
- Beautiful setting and design- EarthSteveVIPDined on 7/29/2014The ambiance and decor is truly fabulous the service however was not good as we waited about an hour for our main course The food was just ok, my steak too coveted with sauce and my wife Halibut had no taste While it's truly a great site in Hidden Pond service and quality need attentionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentSLL99Dined on 7/28/2014Had another wonderful meal at Earth last night. Cocktails were fresh and delicious, food was excellent - the fresh ingredients shined. Cesar salad my wife had she says is the best she has ever eaten. Service was kind, friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Earth is a "Special place"willgoagainDined on 7/26/2014For that special occasion go try it!! Excellent for food lovers, presentations are wonderful!! The wait staff is trained and very professional. They appear to enjoy their jobs, as they are engaging and helpful! You can dress the way you want and enjoy high quality food and drinks. We have been quite a few times and are continue to enjoy the environment. Great outdoor space, smell of the fire pit is wonderful and inviting. We drive well over and hour to get there and its worth every mile!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Earth at Hidden PondDBDaikanyamaDined on 7/24/2014The dining room is much too dark to enjoy the presentation of the food, which is an important aspect of any fine meal. The tables are too close together for the diners and for the servers. Pizza should be removed from the menu. The poke was disappointing and the paella could have been much better. The desserts were excellent. Service was very good.Special Features:
- pookyDined on 7/23/2014We were truly amazed by the quality and inventiveness of the menu here. The diverse ingredients were so craftfully presented that we kept asking our server to bring us the menu again and again, to re-read the desciptions of each dish we were having, and to help identify some of the elusive tastes we were experiencing. Truly - a food experience like I've never had before.Special Features:
- Nice addition to the Gooserock areaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/22/2014What a fantastic restaurant! Upscale and delicious food. A real find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday BlissOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/22/2014Earth made my wife's birthday dinner experience one of the most memorable ever! Just the two of us were seated in a private, screened in 'shed' overlooking the pond. That in itself was amazing, but the food and service were also exceptional. Truly a special place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/22/2014Expertly prepared dishes, each bite was an absolute delight. Every thought given to presentation and flavor, texture and freshness. I seldom have such an extreme culinary delight. I expected great expense and tiny portions, what I did not expect was that such phenomenal flavor in each bite made the portion sizes actually perfectly suited. Even the cocktail was superb; what a great way to celebrate our 24th wedding anniversary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food in a unique settingNhooveVIPDined on 7/20/2014The food was excellent and the service was average. The restaurant was not as intimate as I thought it would be. I was expecting a quiet ambiance but it was quite vibrant and busy. The staff may be a little overwhelmed and it showed in the service. The decor and environment around the restaurant were both beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.