Earth at Hidden Pond
354 Goose Rocks Rd
Kennebunkport, ME 04046Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Earth at Hidden Pond
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.earthathiddenpond.com/
- Phone: (207) 967-6550
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Thursday - Monday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Justin Walker
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Danielle Johnson Walker 2079676550x
- Entertainment: Wednesday evenings at Farm Bar, from 7-9pm, in July and August
A word from Earth at Hidden Pond
A collaboration with James Beard Award-winner and Boston restaurateur Ken Oringer, Earth promises an unforgettable dining experience that will leave you yearning for more. Nestled amongst balsam trees and birch forest, Earth is the result of a vision—one that embraces community and supports relationships between the world of outstanding cuisine and the farmers and foragers who provide the tools with which we compose incredible fare. Simple yet innovative, Earth"s menu focuses on "farm to fork" freshness. In addition to local meats and seafood, ingredients are used from one of two onsite organic gardens—picked daily and incorporated into each dish to enhance the many flavors and provide a taste that only fresh ingredients deliver.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Earth at Hidden Pond - Best Restaurants in Kennebunkport ›
Earth at Hidden Pond reviews from OpenTable diners
144 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (119)special occasion (105)romantic (98)great for outdoor dining (69)notable wine list (55)scenic view (54)hot spot (44)good for groups (24)vibrant bar scene (24)neighborhood gem (20)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- AWESOME!!Linda2014VIPDined on 11/1/2014Most amazing restaurant ever! Have been going here since it opened and it just keeps getting better! Worth the drive from Boston! A definite recommendation for when they open for 2015 season in May!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed...RobDebDined on 10/31/2014Very expensive...and a very limited menu. We were seated at the bar before dinner, and we heard that the restaurant was closing for the season the next day. My first thought was that they may be out of some things, and sure enough, no scallops! My wife wanted seafood -- the only menu items in that category were the $42 lobster and swordfish (which she does not like). We both went with "large" size pasta dishes, which were good, but appetizer-sized. I first though that they gave us the "small" sized dishes. And the wine list was not "friendly," as in the affiliated restaurant "Ocean." We will not be back.Special Features:
- Marvelous!LadyfreegateDined on 10/31/2014All aspects of the visit were top-notch, from the service to the food to the atmosphere. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal at EarthNEcoastDined on 10/30/2014Glad we got to experience Earth before the end of the season. Had wonderful "snacks" as appetizers - chicken wings and fried cauliflower. Unique and tasty. Both of us chose a pasta dish for dinner. Fresh, flavorful, rich. Friends surprised us by calling ahead and ordering dessert for my husband's birthday. Can't go wrong there.Special Features:
- Deb and BrianDebrianDined on 10/30/2014Can't get enough of this magical place! Even took our 2 Grandchildren (3 and 5) a few weeks ago. Sat outside by the heated flame towers and our favorite waiter Nick brought us warm, cozy blankets and coloring paper and crayons for the kids. Outstanding service, atmosphere and food. And did I mention ending the evening sitting around the huge fire pit?? A must...Special Features:
- Nothing is better...narboxDined on 10/27/2014My fiance and I have been to some extremely nice places over the years, but Earth tops them ALL. From the moment you drive up, you can tell that every aspect of Earth has been carefully considered with the satisfaction of customers in mind. Everything is clean, well-kept, and inviting to a variety of people. The wait staff was professional and courteous; they strike a healthy balance of making sure that everyone is taken care of, yet not interrupting the meal too frequently. . Based on the recommendation of our server, we tried the pork tenderloin dish and the winter squash ravioli. The pork was tender, smoky, and literally melted in your mouth. The ravioli was full of flavor but not too heavy. We cannot recommend it highly enough!Special Features:
- A good change in KennebunkportBetsyLDined on 10/25/2014A beautiful setting out at Hidden Pond. Very much off the beaten path in Kennebunkport but a nice oasis. The food is wonderful although a little reaching at times and VERY expensive for what you get. The menu should have more fish options for those of us who don't eat meat (and don't want a carb laden meal)Special Features:
- Best place aroundrndub03VIPDined on 10/20/2014As always the food was amazing for the Monday night beer diner !! Service is always perfect!!! We love Bri and Sydney can't wait to go back in the spring we will miss it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible findAbsolutelyFantasticDined on 10/19/2014Quite remote but well worth the drive. Incredible food and an excellent choice of top shelf spirits. if ever in Maine again, we will definitely returmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Very Special PlaceVanessaSVIPDined on 10/18/2014My husband and I were in Kennebunkport celebrating our anniversary, and we decided to go to Earth based on other reviews. We were so glad we did. The restaurant is very special, it has a magical vibe. We were greeted by friendly staff who immediately said "Happy Anniversary" and brought us glasses of complimentary champagne. The food was amazingly fresh and wonderfully flavored. The beet salad is a favorite dish of ours in general, we have it often, and Earth's was on par with top restaurants in New York and Boston. The beets were cooked to perfection, and the cheese and fresh flowers that adorned the dish were a work of art. I could go on and on, but just go and try it, it's wonderful.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful experienceBrittrishDined on 10/16/2014The food was very good. I had the pork tenderloin and it was the best pork I have ever had with fresh root vegetables from their farm. The crab toast was very nice too and was all beautifully presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location & exceptional food!EatOutQueenDined on 10/16/2014EARTH at Hidden Pond provides an amazing location and exceptional food. This was a difficult place to find. Never-the-less and on a stormy evening, the restaurant was packed. Regardless of the crowd, the service was impeccable. Friendly without being overbearing or in your face. Unique decorating (the ends of tree trunks covered two walls.) with with wine and liquor bottles stacked to the ceiling above the bar. My husband and I split a salad. Fresh greens, wonderful flavors and huge. Our "halves" looked like "wholes." I enjoyed ravioli with winter squash, charred brussel sprouts, sweet and sour pears. My husband's local seafood paella with chorizo, peas and pea shoots was divine. Wonderful evening.Special Features:
- PaellalocalDined on 10/12/2014My husband and I made our second visit this year to Earth because every category was 10. The waiter was knowledgeable and pleasant and the hostess enjoyed her work. We particularly enjoyed the Paella. On Saturday night these experiences weren't replicated.Special Features:
- Casual room, classy food + serviceKennebunkDinerVIPDined on 10/6/2014Such a relaxing place to enjoy a great meal - lovely spot, attentive service, wonderful food and all in a relaxed setting. Another memorable meal at Earth!Special Features:
- Special dining experiencejoseDined on 10/5/2014Earth is one of the most unique and outstanding dining experiences I have ever had. The atmosphere is very special, the food outstanding and the service was top notch. I especially like the opportunity to relax outside by the fire after dinner and enjoy the Maine outdoors and other people's company. Earth is truly a special place.Special Features:
- Great experience all aroundFrequentFlyer99Dined on 10/4/2014A gem. Dimly lit, warm and energitice atmosphere, knowledgable waitstaff, and amazing food. What more could you ask for?Special Features:
- Outstanding service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/2/2014My wife and I finished our 2 day get away with dinner @ Earth. She ordered a pasta dish and I ordered the swordfish. both were amazing and done in a way we have never had before. Our server was outstanding. the drinks were made perfectly.. I cannot wait to return.Special Features:
- romantic settinggeorgefoodDined on 10/2/2014we arrived for an early 6:30 reservation and were kind of surprised we were the first table. It was very quiet but this did not take away from the atmosphere. My wife and I both ordered on of their signature cocktails. In hindsight I wouldn't have done this and gone straight to wine. They were overpriced and not very good. All of the food was outstanding; we shared a pizza appi, my wife followed having the steak and I the lobster. Excellent! We were offered the couch by the fire for dessert and coffee..this was the best part of the dinner, cozy romantic and the desserts were killer! We would have picked to have our whole dinner there if we could have. Cool spot, great food, romantic setting, overpriced cocktails. We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Experience!DeeSeDined on 10/1/2014We loved everything during our visit. The unique decor and atmosphere was incredible - from the stone fireplace to bar design and lighting. We had the beef tartare and wood fired meatballs for appetizers and both were delicious. The main course was even better - wood fired lobster and prime flat iron steak. Amazing flavors, sauces, and side vegetables. Earth is definitely at the top of our list of all-time favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014The lack of breakfast amenities was disappointing. The in-room service for breakfast (muffins, fruit and coffee) was a poor start to the day after the first morning. A breakfast cafe is a must if one is staying longer than 2 days. Our cottage was beautifully appointed with one exception. Nobody likes to see multiple TV cables hanging on the wall. They should at least be bundled if not hidden.
- Hidden GemBirthdayFeteDined on 9/28/2014What made our meal at Earth memorable was not what we were celebrating, but where and how. My husband and I couldn't get over the entire dining experience from start to finish. Tucked away in the woods down a meandering country lane is this little gem of a restaurant. The interior is an earthy mix of natural materials and laid back charm, from the stone fireplace to the wood crafted tables and chairs. We love the whole farm to table thing or 'farm to fork' as they refer to it. We were greeted, seated and served (including drinks and dessert, Oh the dessert!) within an hour. The best part of the experience was the pace at which we were served. The food was excellent. The service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Earth lives up to the hypewinegeekDined on 9/27/2014Fabulous experience. The food was sensational. The lovely setting and fabulous service made it a memorable night. Only let down was the hostess who lacked warmth. Everything else apart from that first impression was outstanding.Special Features:
- EarthFoodandwineDined on 9/27/2014The food was very good. That being said, the service was absolutely horrible. The hostess was very rude and kept forgetting our name. She acted like she was doing is a favor by seating us. Not a great first impression. Then the drinks took longer than the appetizers despite asking numerous times. The appetizers came in normal time and then the entrees took an hour. Again, we tried to order more drinks and they took abnormally long. The poor service overshadowed the food and we would not recommend it to anyone.Special Features:
- amazing!riverdwellersDined on 9/27/2014Amazing place, ambiance, food and service........and will come back. Am wanting to give Gift Cert. to friends and relatives too.Special Features:
- Fantastic dinnerOARMDined on 9/26/2014Great farm to table food and ambiance. Great place in the fall and winter with big fireplace. Bar is great for drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014We had a fantastic dinner at Earth last week. I had a pasta dish that was truly the best pasta dish ever. Squid ink and trumpet mushrooms cut up finely so that every bite had the taste of each ingredient. I am describing this badly but trust me!! My husband had the Paella. He makes it at home and thinks his is the best. This was even better!Special Features:
- So amazing must goOpentablereviewerDined on 9/21/2014Best dining experience, every flavor on point. Thoughtful wine list great local beer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful dinnerBoubouDined on 9/18/2014Once again, Earth "overmet" our expectations ! It was our 5th time at Earth ... we never miss it when we go down in the Kennebunks, each year. A bit pricy on the wine list, but we found our affordable wine : Petit Cochon Rouge. The food was out of this world, the service as well ... everybody in the house came to check if we were fine ... very very very nice place ! See you next year Earth !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- David22HDined on 9/14/2014It was a lovely evening. The price was a little stiff so plan on paying up, but worth it. The outdoor environment was beautiful. The indoor room was fantastic! the lighting was spectacular. Over all a win for a romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodKlroyDined on 9/14/2014Amazing food and service at a reasonable price. Local food and local beer on tap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Earth boundFarmfreshDined on 9/13/2014We LOVE this place. Have been there 2x now and have nothing negative to say at all. The food is phenomenal, fresh and delicious. The combination of flavors is like heaven in your mouth. The specialty drinks are yum and the wine list superb. The knowledge of the wait staff is second to none. Ask a question about ANYTHING on the menu or the restaurant itself and the answer is immediate. Highly recommend this hidden gem.Special Features:
- hidden gem at Hidden Pond ResortPattyHVIPDined on 9/13/2014a hip restaurant in the middle of a lush wooded resort. service was accommodating and friendly without being intrusive. atmosphere was rustic and comfortable at the same time. loved the roaring fireplace. food was delicious - started with fried oysters with a pepper and bacon relish - excellent. the swordfish was the best i've ever had in a restaurant. the smokey pork loin was succulent and savory. worth making an evening out.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/12/2014We went with a group of six and it was amazing loved the food, the wood fired lobster amazing!!! Enjoyed the experience and the service was wonderful!Special Features:
- great nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Thanks so much to Justin, our server and everyone else for giving us a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favs!Osteodoc02Dined on 9/10/2014This place is a terrific gem. My wife and I love it and come here on special occasions. Every time we come the menu is different but the food is always fantastic. The wine and drink choices are great and we asked our waitress to pain our food with wines and she did an excellent job. Service is always good and the scenery is spectacular. I would come here everyday if I could!Special Features:
- Awesome!PsquaredDined on 9/7/2014Easily one of the best dining experiences of my life! the most interesting items was easily the meatballs. Beyond anything I've had before. Service was truly top notch. We made the trip to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary and it was memorable beyond expectations (and the expectations were high!) Thank you for making a very special night for my wife and I. (I just wish you were a little bit closer to home! We live in Pennsylvania... it was well worth the trip!) thank youSpecial Features:
- Elegant Dining ExpereinceHalbertDined on 9/4/2014Superb restaurant with impeccable service and unique dishes Wine List is great. If your in Kennebunkport, Earth restaurant is a Must Go To !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticSpecialDined on 9/3/2014...This is a truly special restaurant - would be a choice spot in any city. The food is inventive and delicious, the service is fantastic.Special Features:
- Delightful!LoveToCookDined on 9/3/2014Fantastic dinner! We had a group of five, and showed up a bit early. They were not yet ready to seat us, but suggested that we go outside, and sit in the outdoor bar area or at a poolside table, until our table was ready. It was a beautiful evening and the cocktails were delicious, so the extra minutes outside set the tone for a great dinner. Our waitress was outstanding; offering great appetizer, food, and wine suggestions. The menu was varied, delicious, and contained imaginative dishes comprised of local, seasonal, sustainable fare. The atmosphere reflected a refined rustic environment, which produced a serene effect on our party. Had a great time, and hope to someday, somehow, get back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go before it closes for the seasonfmnbosDined on 9/3/2014I have been to Earth several times with my partner so I decided to take the executive team from my company there for dinner after our meetings. There were 6 of us and they all came away saying what an amazing exerience they had not only with the ambiance but mostly about the food. We will continue to return as Earth never disapoints.