Earth at Hidden Pond
354 Goose Rocks Rd
Kennebunkport, ME 04046Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Earth at Hidden Pond
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.earthathiddenpond.com/
- Phone: 2079676550x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Thursday - Monday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Justin Walker
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Danielle Johnson Walker 2079676550x
- Entertainment: Wednesday evenings at Farm Bar, from 7-9pm, in July and August
A word from Earth at Hidden Pond
A collaboration with James Beard Award-winner and Boston restaurateur Ken Oringer, Earth promises an unforgettable dining experience that will leave you yearning for more. Nestled amongst balsam trees and birch forest, Earth is the result of a vision—one that embraces community and supports relationships between the world of outstanding cuisine and the farmers and foragers who provide the tools with which we compose incredible fare. Simple yet innovative, Earth"s menu focuses on "farm to fork" freshness. In addition to local meats and seafood, ingredients are used from one of two onsite organic gardens—picked daily and incorporated into each dish to enhance the many flavors and provide a taste that only fresh ingredients deliver.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Earth at Hidden Pond - Best Restaurants in Kennebunkport ›
Earth at Hidden Pond reviews from OpenTable diners
189 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (147)special occasion (133)romantic (120)great for outdoor dining (82)scenic view (79)notable wine list (67)hot spot (48)vibrant bar scene (30)good for groups (27)neighborhood gem (24)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- A Very Special PlaceVanessaSVIPDined on 10/18/2014My husband and I were in Kennebunkport celebrating our anniversary, and we decided to go to Earth based on other reviews. We were so glad we did. The restaurant is very special, it has a magical vibe. We were greeted by friendly staff who immediately said "Happy Anniversary" and brought us glasses of complimentary champagne. The food was amazingly fresh and wonderfully flavored. The beet salad is a favorite dish of ours in general, we have it often, and Earth's was on par with top restaurants in New York and Boston. The beets were cooked to perfection, and the cheese and fresh flowers that adorned the dish were a work of art. I could go on and on, but just go and try it, it's wonderful.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful experienceBrittrishDined on 10/16/2014The food was very good. I had the pork tenderloin and it was the best pork I have ever had with fresh root vegetables from their farm. The crab toast was very nice too and was all beautifully presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location & exceptional food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014EARTH at Hidden Pond provides an amazing location and exceptional food. This was a difficult place to find. Never-the-less and on a stormy evening, the restaurant was packed. Regardless of the crowd, the service was impeccable. Friendly without being overbearing or in your face. Unique decorating (the ends of tree trunks covered two walls.) with with wine and liquor bottles stacked to the ceiling above the bar. My husband and I split a salad. Fresh greens, wonderful flavors and huge. Our "halves" looked like "wholes." I enjoyed ravioli with winter squash, charred brussel sprouts, sweet and sour pears. My husband's local seafood paella with chorizo, peas and pea shoots was divine. Wonderful evening.Special Features:
- PaellalocalDined on 10/12/2014My husband and I made our second visit this year to Earth because every category was 10. The waiter was knowledgeable and pleasant and the hostess enjoyed her work. We particularly enjoyed the Paella. On Saturday night these experiences weren't replicated.Special Features:
- Casual room, classy food + serviceKennebunkDinerVIPDined on 10/6/2014Such a relaxing place to enjoy a great meal - lovely spot, attentive service, wonderful food and all in a relaxed setting. Another memorable meal at Earth!Special Features:
- Special dining experiencejoseDined on 10/5/2014Earth is one of the most unique and outstanding dining experiences I have ever had. The atmosphere is very special, the food outstanding and the service was top notch. I especially like the opportunity to relax outside by the fire after dinner and enjoy the Maine outdoors and other people's company. Earth is truly a special place.Special Features:
- Great experience all aroundFrequentFlyer99Dined on 10/4/2014A gem. Dimly lit, warm and energitice atmosphere, knowledgable waitstaff, and amazing food. What more could you ask for?Special Features:
- Outstanding service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/2/2014My wife and I finished our 2 day get away with dinner @ Earth. She ordered a pasta dish and I ordered the swordfish. both were amazing and done in a way we have never had before. Our server was outstanding. the drinks were made perfectly.. I cannot wait to return.Special Features:
- romantic settinggeorgefoodDined on 10/2/2014we arrived for an early 6:30 reservation and were kind of surprised we were the first table. It was very quiet but this did not take away from the atmosphere. My wife and I both ordered on of their signature cocktails. In hindsight I wouldn't have done this and gone straight to wine. They were overpriced and not very good. All of the food was outstanding; we shared a pizza appi, my wife followed having the steak and I the lobster. Excellent! We were offered the couch by the fire for dessert and coffee..this was the best part of the dinner, cozy romantic and the desserts were killer! We would have picked to have our whole dinner there if we could have. Cool spot, great food, romantic setting, overpriced cocktails. We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Experience!DeeSeDined on 10/1/2014We loved everything during our visit. The unique decor and atmosphere was incredible - from the stone fireplace to bar design and lighting. We had the beef tartare and wood fired meatballs for appetizers and both were delicious. The main course was even better - wood fired lobster and prime flat iron steak. Amazing flavors, sauces, and side vegetables. Earth is definitely at the top of our list of all-time favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014The lack of breakfast amenities was disappointing. The in-room service for breakfast (muffins, fruit and coffee) was a poor start to the day after the first morning. A breakfast cafe is a must if one is staying longer than 2 days. Our cottage was beautifully appointed with one exception. Nobody likes to see multiple TV cables hanging on the wall. They should at least be bundled if not hidden.
- Hidden GemBirthdayFeteDined on 9/28/2014What made our meal at Earth memorable was not what we were celebrating, but where and how. My husband and I couldn't get over the entire dining experience from start to finish. Tucked away in the woods down a meandering country lane is this little gem of a restaurant. The interior is an earthy mix of natural materials and laid back charm, from the stone fireplace to the wood crafted tables and chairs. We love the whole farm to table thing or 'farm to fork' as they refer to it. We were greeted, seated and served (including drinks and dessert, Oh the dessert!) within an hour. The best part of the experience was the pace at which we were served. The food was excellent. The service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Earth lives up to the hypewinegeekDined on 9/27/2014Fabulous experience. The food was sensational. The lovely setting and fabulous service made it a memorable night. Only let down was the hostess who lacked warmth. Everything else apart from that first impression was outstanding.Special Features:
- EarthFoodandwineDined on 9/27/2014The food was very good. That being said, the service was absolutely horrible. The hostess was very rude and kept forgetting our name. She acted like she was doing is a favor by seating us. Not a great first impression. Then the drinks took longer than the appetizers despite asking numerous times. The appetizers came in normal time and then the entrees took an hour. Again, we tried to order more drinks and they took abnormally long. The poor service overshadowed the food and we would not recommend it to anyone.Special Features:
- amazing!riverdwellersDined on 9/27/2014Amazing place, ambiance, food and service........and will come back. Am wanting to give Gift Cert. to friends and relatives too.Special Features:
- Fantastic dinnerOARMDined on 9/26/2014Great farm to table food and ambiance. Great place in the fall and winter with big fireplace. Bar is great for drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014We had a fantastic dinner at Earth last week. I had a pasta dish that was truly the best pasta dish ever. Squid ink and trumpet mushrooms cut up finely so that every bite had the taste of each ingredient. I am describing this badly but trust me!! My husband had the Paella. He makes it at home and thinks his is the best. This was even better!Special Features:
- So amazing must goOpentablereviewerDined on 9/21/2014Best dining experience, every flavor on point. Thoughtful wine list great local beer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful dinnerBoubouDined on 9/18/2014Once again, Earth "overmet" our expectations ! It was our 5th time at Earth ... we never miss it when we go down in the Kennebunks, each year. A bit pricy on the wine list, but we found our affordable wine : Petit Cochon Rouge. The food was out of this world, the service as well ... everybody in the house came to check if we were fine ... very very very nice place ! See you next year Earth !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- David22HDined on 9/14/2014It was a lovely evening. The price was a little stiff so plan on paying up, but worth it. The outdoor environment was beautiful. The indoor room was fantastic! the lighting was spectacular. Over all a win for a romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodKlroyDined on 9/14/2014Amazing food and service at a reasonable price. Local food and local beer on tap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Earth boundFarmfreshDined on 9/13/2014We LOVE this place. Have been there 2x now and have nothing negative to say at all. The food is phenomenal, fresh and delicious. The combination of flavors is like heaven in your mouth. The specialty drinks are yum and the wine list superb. The knowledge of the wait staff is second to none. Ask a question about ANYTHING on the menu or the restaurant itself and the answer is immediate. Highly recommend this hidden gem.Special Features:
- hidden gem at Hidden Pond ResortPattyHVIPDined on 9/13/2014a hip restaurant in the middle of a lush wooded resort. service was accommodating and friendly without being intrusive. atmosphere was rustic and comfortable at the same time. loved the roaring fireplace. food was delicious - started with fried oysters with a pepper and bacon relish - excellent. the swordfish was the best i've ever had in a restaurant. the smokey pork loin was succulent and savory. worth making an evening out.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/12/2014We went with a group of six and it was amazing loved the food, the wood fired lobster amazing!!! Enjoyed the experience and the service was wonderful!Special Features:
- great nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Thanks so much to Justin, our server and everyone else for giving us a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favs!Osteodoc02Dined on 9/10/2014This place is a terrific gem. My wife and I love it and come here on special occasions. Every time we come the menu is different but the food is always fantastic. The wine and drink choices are great and we asked our waitress to pain our food with wines and she did an excellent job. Service is always good and the scenery is spectacular. I would come here everyday if I could!Special Features:
- Awesome!PsquaredDined on 9/7/2014Easily one of the best dining experiences of my life! the most interesting items was easily the meatballs. Beyond anything I've had before. Service was truly top notch. We made the trip to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary and it was memorable beyond expectations (and the expectations were high!) Thank you for making a very special night for my wife and I. (I just wish you were a little bit closer to home! We live in Pennsylvania... it was well worth the trip!) thank youSpecial Features:
- Elegant Dining ExpereinceHalbertDined on 9/4/2014Superb restaurant with impeccable service and unique dishes Wine List is great. If your in Kennebunkport, Earth restaurant is a Must Go To !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticSpecialDined on 9/3/2014...This is a truly special restaurant - would be a choice spot in any city. The food is inventive and delicious, the service is fantastic.Special Features:
- Delightful!LoveToCookDined on 9/3/2014Fantastic dinner! We had a group of five, and showed up a bit early. They were not yet ready to seat us, but suggested that we go outside, and sit in the outdoor bar area or at a poolside table, until our table was ready. It was a beautiful evening and the cocktails were delicious, so the extra minutes outside set the tone for a great dinner. Our waitress was outstanding; offering great appetizer, food, and wine suggestions. The menu was varied, delicious, and contained imaginative dishes comprised of local, seasonal, sustainable fare. The atmosphere reflected a refined rustic environment, which produced a serene effect on our party. Had a great time, and hope to someday, somehow, get back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go before it closes for the seasonfmnbosDined on 9/3/2014I have been to Earth several times with my partner so I decided to take the executive team from my company there for dinner after our meetings. There were 6 of us and they all came away saying what an amazing exerience they had not only with the ambiance but mostly about the food. We will continue to return as Earth never disapoints.
- Magic hidden placeHeandWeDined on 9/3/2014It is our second time at Earth within a year. This second time seemed even nicer than last year. A great concept and the fact that we see no kids around gives a break where adults can wine and dine in a magical ambiance. I would not see kids overthere, seems to me that it wouldn't fit. Food a bit expensive, but when you know a bit about it its understandable as everything is and taste so fresh, the mix of flavours needs mastering, the staff is great also, bar quite impressive. I would like to spread the word about it ... but, then, I would lose my little secret. Hope it won't change.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MagicalhkwdesignDined on 9/1/2014It was my hubby's birthday, but that's not really why we were going - it was the only night we could get a reservation. Our time here at Earth was simply magical, we both enjoyed every bit of our experience, the food was artfully displayed and each dish had many layers of textures and tastes...yes you will pay a bit more, but will leave with not one bit of regret. We cannot wait to return, and hope to be able to stay at Hidden Pond next time!Special Features:
- Hard to find but worth the effortMartyDined on 9/1/2014Food here is shockingly exceptional for country restaurant on a dirt road in what reminded me of a "hippie compound" in the best sense. My perfectly blended cocktail was followed by a good wine and the best, most creative lobster dish I've ever had. Desserts excellent. All food is locally sourced or grown on the compound. The restaurant has a sophisticated yet rustic feel, and diners dressed very casually. We had read that finding your way out of the compound is difficult, so we paid special attention when going in. Ha--we got lost anyway! We live in a major city and eat at best restaurants--Earth ranks with the best! Enclosed porch seating would be quietest area to sit.Special Features:
- Splendid dining experienceJosephDined on 9/1/2014One of the most beautiful restaurants I've ever had the pleasure of dining at. Delicious entrees, kind & attentive waitstaff, really just an overall 5-star experience. You'll be instantly enamored by the coziness of this place, I promise you. I brought my girlfriend here for her birthday, but really you don't need a special occassion to use as an excuse to go to Earth. Fantastic.Special Features:
- ExceptionalFoodie80Dined on 9/1/2014My family and I celebrated my parents' 40th anniversary at Earth. The experience was unforgettable. This restaurant is definitely a Maine gem and the food was equally as great at the ambiance. The service was wonderful and very kind. We loved their chicken wings; the best we ever had and we are foodies. It was an overall fantastic night and I am so grateful we celebrated at Earth. I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reminds me of Atlanta hotspots!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2014Wow. Excellent. Unexpected for our trip to Kennebunport. We ate here two night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food, bad serviceDinerfromWADined on 8/28/2014Our party of 6 had a reservation, were seated promptly when we arrived and was offered water right away. Then we waited for at least 10 minutes for our server to return to ask us for our drink order and then another 10-15 minutes for the drinks. Our server was not prepared for most of the menu/specialty drink questions we asked her. We also observed her bussing and setting tables when there should be someone else doing those tasks so she could concentrate on her table service. When you are trying to compete in the high-end restaurant space and charging these prices, your server should know the specialty drinks and menu items offered cold and service should be prompt and impeccable. The food, however, was fabulous.Special Features:
- reluctant reviewerreluctantreviewerVIPDined on 8/28/20141. Arrived at 7:37 for a 7:30 reservation (construction prevented being early for a drink at the bar.) Our table on the porch was being set - it'd be a few minutes. We waited. 2. A party of 6, which arrived later, was seated. We waited. 3. Hustle and bustle at our table. We waited. 4. The party of 6 moved to "our" table, now joined to another to form a 6-top. I spoke to a hostess. We waited. 5. Spoke again to a hostess. We waited and were eventually sat at half the abandoned table and... waited. 6. 8:30: we got water. It was 8:45 before we were served $16.00 versions of a Cosmopolitan which we'd confirmed was served "straight up", but came mounded with ice that rose above the liquid. 7. Food & service couldn't atone for the sloppy start.Special Features:
- Outstanding servicemmerrimanDined on 8/28/2014We had the opportunity to visit Earth last week while sailing. The grounds were beautiful. The décor was really interesting and cozy. Our party of 3 arrived on time and were promptly seated. The service throughout the evening was top notch. Wine pairing recommendations were on point. The menu posted on the website was out of date (bummer - I was looking forward to the Halibut). Apps were wonderful - ribs, tuna poke, meatballs, heirloom tomato salad. Nicely prepared, presented and all large servings. The mains were great - Paella was the perfect size and cooked perfectly. The swordfish was delicious, but plated oddly - the gooseberry smear was hardened and the plate looked empty. The wood grilled lobster was great, but simple.Special Features: