Earth at Hidden Pond
354 Goose Rocks Rd
Kennebunkport, ME 04046Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Earth at Hidden Pond
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.earthathiddenpond.com/
- Phone: 2079676550x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Thursday - Monday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Justin Walker
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Danielle Johnson Walker 2079676550x
- Entertainment: Wednesday evenings at Farm Bar, from 7-9pm, in July and August
A word from Earth at Hidden Pond
A collaboration with James Beard Award-winner and Boston restaurateur Ken Oringer, Earth promises an unforgettable dining experience that will leave you yearning for more. Nestled amongst balsam trees and birch forest, Earth is the result of a vision—one that embraces community and supports relationships between the world of outstanding cuisine and the farmers and foragers who provide the tools with which we compose incredible fare. Simple yet innovative, Earth"s menu focuses on "farm to fork" freshness. In addition to local meats and seafood, ingredients are used from one of two onsite organic gardens—picked daily and incorporated into each dish to enhance the many flavors and provide a taste that only fresh ingredients deliver.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Earth at Hidden Pond - Best Restaurants in Kennebunkport ›
Earth at Hidden Pond reviews from OpenTable diners
184 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (142)special occasion (124)romantic (120)scenic view (79)great for outdoor dining (77)notable wine list (58)hot spot (46)vibrant bar scene (32)neighborhood gem (28)good for groups (25)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (7)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Amazing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2014Amazing food and service at a reasonable price. Local food and local beer on tap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Earth boundOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014We LOVE this place. Have been there 2x now and have nothing negative to say at all. The food is phenomenal, fresh and delicious. The combination of flavors is like heaven in your mouth. The specialty drinks are yum and the wine list superb. The knowledge of the wait staff is second to none. Ask a question about ANYTHING on the menu or the restaurant itself and the answer is immediate. Highly recommend this hidden gem.Special Features:
- hidden gem at Hidden Pond ResortPattyHDined on 9/13/2014a hip restaurant in the middle of a lush wooded resort. service was accommodating and friendly without being intrusive. atmosphere was rustic and comfortable at the same time. loved the roaring fireplace. food was delicious - started with fried oysters with a pepper and bacon relish - excellent. the swordfish was the best i've ever had in a restaurant. the smokey pork loin was succulent and savory. worth making an evening out.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/12/2014We went with a group of six and it was amazing loved the food, the wood fired lobster amazing!!! Enjoyed the experience and the service was wonderful!Special Features:
- great nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Thanks so much to Justin, our server and everyone else for giving us a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favs!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/10/2014This place is a terrific gem. My wife and I love it and come here on special occasions. Every time we come the menu is different but the food is always fantastic. The wine and drink choices are great and we asked our waitress to pain our food with wines and she did an excellent job. Service is always good and the scenery is spectacular. I would come here everyday if I could!Special Features:
- Awesome!PsquaredDined on 9/7/2014Easily one of the best dining experiences of my life! the most interesting items was easily the meatballs. Beyond anything I've had before. Service was truly top notch. We made the trip to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary and it was memorable beyond expectations (and the expectations were high!) Thank you for making a very special night for my wife and I. (I just wish you were a little bit closer to home! We live in Pennsylvania... it was well worth the trip!) thank youSpecial Features:
- Elegant Dining ExpereinceHalbertDined on 9/4/2014Superb restaurant with impeccable service and unique dishes Wine List is great. If your in Kennebunkport, Earth restaurant is a Must Go To !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticSpecialDined on 9/3/2014...This is a truly special restaurant - would be a choice spot in any city. The food is inventive and delicious, the service is fantastic.Special Features:
- Go before it closes for the seasonfmnbosDined on 9/3/2014I have been to Earth several times with my partner so I decided to take the executive team from my company there for dinner after our meetings. There were 6 of us and they all came away saying what an amazing exerience they had not only with the ambiance but mostly about the food. We will continue to return as Earth never disapoints.
- Magic hidden placeHeandWeDined on 9/3/2014It is our second time at Earth within a year. This second time seemed even nicer than last year. A great concept and the fact that we see no kids around gives a break where adults can wine and dine in a magical ambiance. I would not see kids overthere, seems to me that it wouldn't fit. Food a bit expensive, but when you know a bit about it its understandable as everything is and taste so fresh, the mix of flavours needs mastering, the staff is great also, bar quite impressive. I would like to spread the word about it ... but, then, I would lose my little secret. Hope it won't change.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MagicalhkwdesignDined on 9/1/2014It was my hubby's birthday, but that's not really why we were going - it was the only night we could get a reservation. Our time here at Earth was simply magical, we both enjoyed every bit of our experience, the food was artfully displayed and each dish had many layers of textures and tastes...yes you will pay a bit more, but will leave with not one bit of regret. We cannot wait to return, and hope to be able to stay at Hidden Pond next time!Special Features:
- Hard to find but worth the effortMartyDined on 9/1/2014Food here is shockingly exceptional for country restaurant on a dirt road in what reminded me of a "hippie compound" in the best sense. My perfectly blended cocktail was followed by a good wine and the best, most creative lobster dish I've ever had. Desserts excellent. All food is locally sourced or grown on the compound. The restaurant has a sophisticated yet rustic feel, and diners dressed very casually. We had read that finding your way out of the compound is difficult, so we paid special attention when going in. Ha--we got lost anyway! We live in a major city and eat at best restaurants--Earth ranks with the best! Enclosed porch seating would be quietest area to sit.Special Features:
- Splendid dining experienceJosephDined on 9/1/2014One of the most beautiful restaurants I've ever had the pleasure of dining at. Delicious entrees, kind & attentive waitstaff, really just an overall 5-star experience. You'll be instantly enamored by the coziness of this place, I promise you. I brought my girlfriend here for her birthday, but really you don't need a special occassion to use as an excuse to go to Earth. Fantastic.Special Features:
- ExceptionalFoodie80Dined on 9/1/2014My family and I celebrated my parents' 40th anniversary at Earth. The experience was unforgettable. This restaurant is definitely a Maine gem and the food was equally as great at the ambiance. The service was wonderful and very kind. We loved their chicken wings; the best we ever had and we are foodies. It was an overall fantastic night and I am so grateful we celebrated at Earth. I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reminds me of Atlanta hotspots!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2014Wow. Excellent. Unexpected for our trip to Kennebunport. We ate here two night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food, bad serviceDinerfromWADined on 8/28/2014Our party of 6 had a reservation, were seated promptly when we arrived and was offered water right away. Then we waited for at least 10 minutes for our server to return to ask us for our drink order and then another 10-15 minutes for the drinks. Our server was not prepared for most of the menu/specialty drink questions we asked her. We also observed her bussing and setting tables when there should be someone else doing those tasks so she could concentrate on her table service. When you are trying to compete in the high-end restaurant space and charging these prices, your server should know the specialty drinks and menu items offered cold and service should be prompt and impeccable. The food, however, was fabulous.Special Features:
- reluctant reviewerreluctantreviewerVIPDined on 8/28/20141. Arrived at 7:37 for a 7:30 reservation (construction prevented being early for a drink at the bar.) Our table on the porch was being set - it'd be a few minutes. We waited. 2. A party of 6, which arrived later, was seated. We waited. 3. Hustle and bustle at our table. We waited. 4. The party of 6 moved to "our" table, now joined to another to form a 6-top. I spoke to a hostess. We waited. 5. Spoke again to a hostess. We waited and were eventually sat at half the abandoned table and... waited. 6. 8:30: we got water. It was 8:45 before we were served $16.00 versions of a Cosmopolitan which we'd confirmed was served "straight up", but came mounded with ice that rose above the liquid. 7. Food & service couldn't atone for the sloppy start.Special Features:
- Outstanding servicemmerrimanDined on 8/28/2014We had the opportunity to visit Earth last week while sailing. The grounds were beautiful. The décor was really interesting and cozy. Our party of 3 arrived on time and were promptly seated. The service throughout the evening was top notch. Wine pairing recommendations were on point. The menu posted on the website was out of date (bummer - I was looking forward to the Halibut). Apps were wonderful - ribs, tuna poke, meatballs, heirloom tomato salad. Nicely prepared, presented and all large servings. The mains were great - Paella was the perfect size and cooked perfectly. The swordfish was delicious, but plated oddly - the gooseberry smear was hardened and the plate looked empty. The wood grilled lobster was great, but simple.Special Features:
- SuperbRoadRunnerDined on 8/27/2014This restaurant exceeded our expectations in every category !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- incredible service, great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Probably the best service at a restaurant in 5 years. Our waiter knew the menu and wine list inside and out and was a perfect gentleman with impeccable timing. The food was excellent, and very very fresh. I would recommend this to anyone looking to get away for a night.Special Features:
- A Unique ExperiencecjohnstonDined on 8/24/2014Finding Earth Can be an experience in itself - down a dirt road in the middle of a maine forest , but it's worth the adventure. A very unique atmosphere, excellent service and food combined for a very Special experience. The restaurant is within a very upscale cabin resort and certainly good value given the unique experience.Special Features:
- A local have us the heads up!Deelishash45Dined on 8/21/2014And sooo glad she did! We would never have stumbled across it. Very remote which only adds to it's desirability! All offerings were prepared with an interest in culinary adventure. Some better than others- crab toast Devine. Service very attentive and friendly. Ambience comfortable with a bubbly vibe happening. Will certainly try to get back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/21/2014Fabulous meal with wonderful attentive and unobtrusive service. A gem!!!!Special Features:
- Rustic EleganceMegmillerDined on 8/21/2014Lovely upmarket rustic style restaurant with a touch of elegance. Beautiful fireplace with a casual seating area as well as a candlelit screened in dining area. Fun bar atmosphere for a pre dinner drink. The food is excellent. Interesting flavours and great presentation. Portions are on the smaller side and prices are steepish with most entrees in the $39.-$40 range. There are some pasta items in the $20. to $25. range. Service is excellent and the wine list balanced.Special Features:
- From New Orleans and love to eat.lovetwoeatDined on 8/21/2014From the moment we drove down the dirt road we were so excited to start our adventure at Earth for dinner. I can't describe in words how beautiful it was inside and outside of the restaurant. The food was delicious, the waitress was so sweet and informative. We can't wait to come back to Maine and dine again at Earth at Hidden Pond.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ThoughtfulOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/19/2014Delicious, fresh food abounds. Our wait staff was very knowledgeable and helpful. Appreciated the complimentary sparkling glass of bubbly to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We would definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Earth should be named HeavenAskerWildeDined on 8/18/2014We loved Earth! The food was incredible, excellent service, and a beautiful environment. They were even able to seat us early for our reservation.Special Features:
- Of road diningNigel5Dined on 8/18/2014If driving through the dark woods and up a mile long dirt trail doesn't intimidate you Earth is your kind of restaurant. The ambience is rustic exotic and in some ways so is the farm to table, organic menu. But don't let this put you off for Earth is an Experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long wait for a bad table!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/17/2014Once we arrived at the restaurant we had to wait 25 minutes after our reservation time for a table. We were not offered any form of compensation for our inconvenience. Considering there is a $30 per head no show fee, I find this outrageous!!! Our table was in the center of the room directly under a cooling vent making everyone in our party uncomfortably cold. The staff had to bring a blanket for my wife. We had a late reservation so it would have been easy to move us to another table even before the appetizers arrived but that option was not offered. The food was very creative but not as tasty as in past visits. My halibut dish was overwhelmed by the lime in the dish, that is all I could taste.
- Magical !FloridafoodiesDined on 8/16/2014I felt like my soul danced as the chef shared himself in every morsel. Freshly foraged mushrooms from the surrounding woods, hand made pastas, wood smoked nectarines with yogurt and basil, a heartfelt composed salad and made to order doughnuts. . . All sound so simple but were executed in such a perfect manner that I will fly from Florida yearly to just eat here. The best meal I have had in the past 5 years !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As great as advertised!streepoDined on 8/16/2014Earth was every bit as good as its hype. My wife had the famous lobster and was delighted. I had a seasonal offering of handmade ravioli in a corn and heirloom tomato butter sauce and it was spectacular. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- I wish there was a 10 start ratingrobbielouDined on 8/15/2014Earth was nothing short of spectacular! The experience was far beyond my wildest dreams - the food, the ambiance, and the service were all spot-on. We sat at the bar prior to dining and had a beautifully crafted cocktail served by a very pleasant bartender. The appetizers, the pasta (with a side of meatballs) and the entrees and dessert were perfectly prepared. The service was quietly efficient and our waitress spent as much time as we wanted chatting about the restaurant, the area and her life. Earth is located within the Hidden Pond resort, but there was nothing pretentious about it. In fact, it was over the top with an atmosphere that was warm and inviting. We will return for our 23rd anniversary and many more thereafter.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDING!Bx2BostonVIPDined on 8/15/2014Earth is a unique and special experience. The food is glorious and certainly not your everyday fare...that said, menu items range from meats, fish, pasta, etc, but the freshness of the 'farm to table' experience is truly part of every bite. Great service, ambiance...though a little off the beaten path. We've been several times and will return again and again!!! It is not inexpensive, but well worth it, especially for a special occasionSpecial Features:
- Night out with friendsElizabethDined on 8/12/2014Menu is unique, spot is beautiful. Fun change from the vibrant coastal restaurants. Food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingSueCVIPDined on 8/11/2014The most magical restaurant I have ever been to. Great ambience...food...service. Incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful flavours!steevypianoguyDined on 8/11/2014I love finding a restaurant that serves dishes where one reacts with, "oh, wow, that's so delicious and very different." Earth is such a place. A warm, inviting restaurant with great food made with the freshest of ingredients capped off with super service. Furthermore, the staff recognized our anniversary with glasses of champagne. Classy!Special Features:
- Hidden Pond is a gem!StaceyVIPDined on 8/10/2014After searching for dining options we decided on trying out Hidden Pond. What a find! The decor is wonderfully contemporary/rustic and provides the perfect backdrop to the view outdoors. Surrounded by woods and ponds the restaurant feels like a perfect getaway. And the food! I wished we had reservations for each day of the week. This is a place not to be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highlight of the tripRebsDined on 8/7/2014The service was excellent, and the food was fresh and delicious. The restaurant had been struck by lightning earlier that day, so things were a bit slower than normal, and there wasn't any music, but that did not detract from the experience. I would definitely go there again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/7/2014Outstanding! This was a special find in Maine! We loved everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.