Earls Downtown Denver
1600 Glenarm Place, Suite 140
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
Global, InternationalPrice: $30 and under
Earls Downtown Denver
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.earlsdowntowndenver.com/
- Phone: (303) 595-3275
- Hours of Operation:
Monday through Wednesday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
Thursday through Saturday: 11:00am - 12:00am
Sunday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International
- Executive Chef: Jonathan Fraser
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: No.
- Private Party Facilities: Our entire restaurant can accommodate up to 550 people at one time for large events. We have just added a private banquet room which can hold 40 for a seated dinner and 55 for drinks and appetizers. If you are looking for more formal dining we can fit 100 seated in our upstairs dining room. We also have a beautiful upstairs patio which can fit 44 people for a sit down dinner or up to 75 for standing room only. Just off the patio there is a full service bar and lounge which can accommodate an additional 40 standing (20 seated). Our entire upstairs can accommodate 173 people at one time for a more casual party. Downstairs, we have two semi-private areas available that can accommodate 38 people for a sit down dinner or up to 80 for just drinks and appetizers. We have one small private room that seats 8-10 people. Most large parties can be accommodated but reservations are highly recommended.
- Private Party Contact: Kathleen Durcan 3035953275x
- Entertainment: Check out our Facebook page for updated events and entertainment! www.facebook.com/earlsdenver
We also have a great Happy Hour!
Monday through Friday:3pm-6pm, Saturday:11am-5pm and Sunday:11am-10pm. We offer $3 Bud Light and Coors Light pints, $3.50 well drinks and $7 appetizers (chicken tacos, prawn rolls, meatball sliders, spinach dip and dry ribs only). Starts April 18th so come on in and give it a try!
- Special Events: Our new private banquet room is now open!!!! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to book your party today!
- Cross Street: 16th Street Mall between Glenarm and Tremont
- Public Transit: The Market Street Station and Union Square are both within 10 blocks of our front door!! Most bus routes in Denver will take you to one or both of these stations and directly outside you can hop on the free mall bus that runs up and down 16th street mall. Just get off at the Glenarm stop from either direction and we are right across from Hard Rock!
- Parking: No
- Parking Details: There is parking available on most surrounding streets including Glenarm and Tremont. Also, there are a number of covered parking garages and above ground garages located in the area. The closest is across the street in the Pavilions parking garage with a street entrance on Welton between 15th and 16th. For other parking locations please feel free to give us a call and we can give you directions to numerous other spots located all around downtown!
A word from Earls Downtown Denver
If you have lofty expectations for an Earls in the mile-high city, Earls Glenarm Denver Restaurant will not disappoint. Let us direct your attention to the atmosphere: warm, welcoming but with a bit of an edge. There's the fact we seem to be getting a bit of a rep for our parties, where we've hosted up to 350 people at one time. For a slightly more intimate feel, try our private wine room with unique wine displays. Then there are the two large patios that look out onto the 16th Street pedestrian mall, one upstairs and one at ground level for two distinctly perfect views of summer. Let's not forget the contemporary, fresh Earls menu. The 24 big-screen plasma TVs. The smiles that greet your arrival. The feeling of knowing you made the right choice for a good night out with your family and friends. C'mon, tell us you're not just a little bit tempted? There's so much more the best thing to do is join us and discover it for yourself. We are located just off the corner of 16th St & Glenarm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Earls Downtown Denver - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Earls Downtown Denver reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (4)fit for foodies (2)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (2)hot spot (2)great for lunch (2)romantic (1)special occasion (1)notable wine list (1)neighborhood gem (1)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great!SchultzVIPDined on 8/14/2014I have a hearing loss so busy restaurants are tough for me. When I booked the reservation I had asked for a corner table. When I arrived it was waiting for me. The server was top notch and the food was delicious. I'd happily go back.Special Features:
- Good, but priceyPickynotpickyDined on 8/7/2014The food was tasty, however, we felt forced to choose from the sandwich and noodle menus. These were the only entrees not way over the $20 price point. Because of the price, sort of underwhelmed. Service was super.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 331 reviews are from the Earls Downtown Denver reviews archive.
- yummy lunchjuleskate14Dined on 7/29/2014I enjoyed my time and food. Keep it up. We'll be back and recommend others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good eatsjnjjDined on 7/27/2014Great food at good bargain. Waiter took very good care of us. Very knowledgeable and helpful with selections for special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/24/2014Great lunch spot! I have dined here many times and Earls never disappointsSpecial Features:
- Best Customer Service Around.GoodEatsGuyDined on 7/23/2014I have visited this location several times for lunch meetings. It's a great place to bring employees and clients alike. The service and level of professionalism has always been spot-on. The quality and consistency of food is there as well. They try to turn their tables at lunch within 40-minutes. This is perfect for the 'white collar' crowd. During this actual visit they were having problems in the kitchen. It took over an hour to receive our food (after ordering). I was making a mental note to contact the management afterwards. There was no need as the front-of-house manager came over after the food arrived and said they would be covering the bill. Customer service like this is the exact reason I always recommend this venue. Thanks.Special Features:
- Taylor was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Our waitress was so friendly and accommodating. Service was great.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationDanoDined on 7/15/2014The food was just what we expected, very tasty and well presented. Our waitperson was wonderful and helped us celebrate a special birthday by providing a complimentary Chocolate Soufflé with Vanilla Ice Cream in a Praline cup...yum! Great downtown location, positive energy without being too noisy and an attentive and cordial staff and management. Would definitely recommend and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner close to TheatercoloradoFoodieVIPDined on 7/11/2014Came for dinner before a show at the Paramount Theater because it was close by and because of the overall reviews. Didn't care for the coconut water but was very pleased with both the flavor and the food preparation of the appetizer and entrees we chose. The service really made the evening though, both with the timeliness of getting our food in time before the show and with keeping us informed when there was an issue with our order. The Thai shrimp appetizer was bursting with flavor and a great dish to share. The Salmon was cooked perfectly without it being too dry or overdone. Will come again.Special Features:
- Plenty of actionLynnybrookDined on 6/27/2014They were very crowded with large parties which appeared to leave them understaffed. Our food was good. The ribs were very good. Our server was very helpful ... Just not always available.Special Features:
- Great place for anytime!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/22/2014Right in downtown, earls offers great food in a great location with wonderful service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Lunch Meeting Go-toGoodEatsGuyDined on 6/5/2014This is the perfect go-to place for a lunch meeting on 16th. You typically find local top management-types here doing deals over good eats. While the food is excellent it's a little on the pricey side, but this keeps the tourists away which is nice!Special Features:
- Menu has changedG00mbagirlDined on 5/14/2014Our dinner was good but the menu had significantly less items than in the past so there wasn't as much to choose from. One reason I chose earl's was because of the diverse menu so I was a little disappointed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Ol EarlsPanaoneVIPDined on 5/6/2014Earls has been a staple of ours for years. It's always a fun place to dine as you get to watch the crazies on the 16th Street Mall. Food is consistent as well as the drinks. If they are busy, the service can be just a tad slow, but we don't mind as we are usually there to relax. Try the Dynamite Prawn and Mango Roll, Sante Fe Cajun Chicken Salad and the Chicken, Brie and Fig Sandwich...favorites of ours.Special Features:
- Always a great choice for lunch!CaitlinDined on 5/5/2014Perfect place for a business lunch: great food and fast, upscale ambiance, nice location right along the 16th St Mall. Big covered patio upstairs. Gets super busy at lunch hour, so I would suggest either getting there before noon or making a reservation.Special Features:
- Good FoodLizzeyDined on 4/24/2014I choose this restaurant to reunite with a friend after 35 years. It was noisier than I was hoping but not horrid. The service was flawless and the food was yummy. Overall the night was a success. I would recommend it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thursday dinneralleycatVIPDined on 4/17/2014I found this to be a hip, fun excellent restaurant with great food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good...PerfectLunchMeetingDined on 4/16/2014As usual, my second experience here was as perfect as my first visit. Seating was immediate, wait staff were attentive, the food was good and the noise level was perfect for a business meeting. Will definitely continue to visit!Special Features:
- We met out-of-town guestsBarbCDined on 4/12/2014We met out-of-town guests at Earl's for dinner, and it was everything I hoped it would be. Great food and drinks in a upscale, but comfortable setting. The appetizers were particularly good. We tried the crispy ribs, the Thai shrimp and the cheese dip with baguette toast - all were all wonderful. Our server was very friendly, attentive, and efficient - I don't know what else I could want in a dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodJoanTVIPDined on 4/11/2014My husband and I went to Earl's Downtown on a Friday after work for an early dinner (4:30p); not crowded, service was excellent and food was very good, as usual. I had the Caesar salad with chicken and my husband had the Fettuccine Alfredo with mushrooms. All staff we spoke with were friendly and outgoing. We eat at Earl's frequently and are never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meeting my sweet heart....HookieDined on 4/3/2014I ate at Earl's solo that night; my partner was coming in from Grand Lake to join me at the Denver Symphony. Becca was my server. She is so very kind, personable...I thoroughly enjoyed this young woman. The service she provided was exemplary as well. Earl's in downtown Denver has a gift in Becca. The salad I ordered (Sante Fe Chicken) was one of the best I have ever had. Patrick and I will return as a couple. Thank you!Special Features:
- Great experiencePerfectLunchMeetingDined on 4/1/2014Our waiter was very attentive and informative, we received our lunch in a timely manner, the atmosphere was upbeat and easy to have a normal level conversation in. I would recommend it to family, friends and co-workers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!DawnVIPDined on 3/28/2014This was my second recent visit, got the same table with an elderly friend upstairs looking down. Wait staff was excellent and very attentive. Had the shrimp and crab Louie and it was wonderful. Great menu, beautiful space and I just loved it.Special Features:
- Earl's with customersfoodie84Dined on 3/22/2014Food average - poor service - noisy. Table not set for correct number of people on reservation. Had to move from upstairs to noisy corner in bar area. Totally lacking. Manager never apologized or even talked to us. Woman with long dark hair and bangs was very nice and tried hard to move us to quiet area, but it never happened. Disappointing.
- A little disappointedhappilydiningVIPDined on 3/18/2014The reason I gave only three stars this time was because of the disappointing brussels sprouts appetizer that we ordered. Brussels sprouts have become very popular on restaurant menus and I have enjoyed some that were over-the-top in flavor and presentation. I am glad that it was not my first experience or I may have never tried them again. They were undercooked which made them hard to cut and to eat and the flavor was quite bland. The topping that was sprinkled on top was actually quite flavorful, but it ended up separate from the brussels sprouts because they had no moisture to meld them together.
- Pleasantly surprisedHowardVIPDined on 3/8/2014We had never been to Earls before but it is conveniently located across from the Paramount Theater and we had tickets to see ZZ Top. We were expecting to see less than the very classy and well decorated interior. The food was very good. I had a chicken, fig, brie, and spinach sandwich and it really was fantastic. My wife had a burger and couldn't finish the whole thing. We will be back.Special Features:
- Lively Ambiance & Inventive CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/7/2014Earls looks like the kind of place that locals know well and visitors are lucky to stumble upon. The bar scene on a Friday night is quite lively and the drinks are tasty and unique. We went for dinner upon recommendation of a friend. The lighting is dim and cozy but it can be a little loud. We sat upstairs where it was quieter. The cuisine is inventive and well thought out. The steaks were excellent quality and the salad was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Normally love Earls, butkudzutigerVIPDined on 3/5/2014it was clearly not our night. Rowdy crowd, remodeling going on, steaks were all over cooked, albeit not terribly. Just not a night up to their typical standards. Service was superb.
- A modern sense of the 60'sjnjjDined on 3/1/2014A modern sense of the 60's "man-club' restaurant. Food was wonderful from appetizer to dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not what we expectedbelzerDined on 2/28/2014Considering it was restaurant week the food was mediocre. Salad not good, entree of steak was cooked well. We took our dessert to go which was supposed to be chocolate brownie (or something similar) and when we go back to our hotel it was a honeycomb crisp covered in melted vanilla icecream, no chocolate at all. We were sat at a high table upstairs but asked to move to a booth to get away from the bar and TV screens.. Servers were friendly and helpful. Overally a disappointing night.Special Features:
- Birthday w/ the famsiltmesaDined on 2/28/2014Enjoyed dinner for seven for my wife's birthday. Booked online for six and then added one by calling in. Even had space during restaurant week which was a 'win' for us! Great food - dry rub ribs were amazing! Overall, we sat in a small room enclosed by glass wine bottles. Very cool. Overall, great time and super easy to book a reservation - highly recommend!Special Features:
- Staff was very friendly exceptDaveDined on 2/22/2014Staff was very friendly except for our server who was pretty cold. Food was not as good as it should have been but "fine", not "stellar". We were on the Restaurant Week limited menu which was a great value. We would return, just not a "Stellar" experience. Dry rub ribs appetizer was very good, as was Key Lime Pie for dessert. Main courses were fair...Special Features:
- The best part of our mealtinaDined on 2/21/2014The best part of our meal was the nice surprise of a Chardonnay made by Wayne Gretsky. Our server was very nice and the food was good.
- Too noisey. If more that twoParticularDined on 2/19/2014Too noisey. If more that two of you, you can not carry on a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks Open TableomahaenterpriseDined on 2/15/2014First time making reservation through Open Table. Upon arrival our table was ready and waiting even though the entire place was packed. Our table was by itself next to the large window and it was very romantic especially for the occasion. Food was excellent and service was prompt. My date loved it so I am happy! Thanks Open Table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Saturday NightKarenDined on 2/15/2014Earl's was a wonderful way to end our Saturday in Denver. Our party of 5 was seated upstairs in a large booth. The upstairs space has a beautiful ambiance. Four of us got their signature burgers, which were humongous and delicious, if not a tad greasy. The ten-year-old got buttered noodles, which the server recommended as an off-the-menu kid's meal. They were delicious! They added a garnish of cheese to the top as well, and only charged us $3 for the dish. At the time of our Open Table reservation, we had told Earls that we were celebrating a birthday, which they acknowledged when they confirmed the reservation, but they did not recognize it at all during our visit. A little bit disappointing, but all in all, a very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great JobSteveDined on 2/15/2014Two days in a row I went to Earl's for business lunches and the staff was incredible. We stayed long, were animated and excited about our business and the staff continued to provide incredible service to us. We asked the for the music to be turned down and they complied immediately. I will be back at Earl's many many more times!!Special Features:
- Great experienceSeabsDined on 2/14/2014Took our adult daughter's to Earl's to celebrate Valentine's day. Our oldest lives in Los Angeles and she the the first to mention how the decor was so unique and the ambience to hip. The food was delicious with great portion size. Definitely going back!Special Features:
- Nice PlaceWayneDined on 2/14/2014We had a decent dinner at Earl's. The food was better than a lot of places, but not quite as good as a nice steak house. We had steaks (Filet Mignon and Ribeye). Thought they were priced a little high for the quality of the steaks. Next time we'd probably stick with something other than steaks. There is a good variety of food. It is wonderfully located on 16th Street Mall. The atmosphere was energetic. Service was good.
- Upscale restuarant with appropriateOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/11/2014Upscale restuarant with appropriate menu with good music and enough flat screens to be a high end sports bar/restaurant. Grab a steak but save room for the banana chocolate cake!!Special Features: