Earls - Cherry Creek
201 Columbine Street
Denver, CO 80206Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $30 and under
Earls - Cherry Creek
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.earls.ca/locations/index.php
- Phone: 3033203275
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Tuesday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Wednesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Devon Beck
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Earls - Cherry Creek
Earls Cherry Creek is the industry leader in providing our guests with a customized dining experience. We offer sexy signature cocktails, a broad reserve wine list, a diverse selection of import and domestic beers, and a sophisticated menu to electrify any pallet. We are the ideal location to accommodate a quick business lunch, appetizers on our sunny patio, cocktails in our stylish lounge or an elegant gathering in our dining room. We also provide a private dining room for a more intimate experience. Come find out why life is better at Earls!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Earls - Cherry Creek reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (6)great for brunch (4)fit for foodies (4)special occasion (4)great for lunch (4)good for groups (3)notable wine list (2)kid-friendly (2)romantic (2)scenic view (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- ChangesDenfood47VIPDined on 5/3/2014We have dined here over the years and we were surprised at the menu changes. Lots of small plates to share. They are trying something new with the menu but I am not sure I like the new menu. The food is very good and the wait staff is friendly. It has a large bar area and I think they are trying to carry the bar menu over to the dining area. I guess time will tell.Special Features:
- The following 186 reviews are from the Earls - Cherry Creek reviews archive.
- Earl's yumMonaDined on 4/20/2014We had Easter Brunch at Earl's and were not sure what to expect since we could not find a special Easter Brunch menu on their web site. Brunch was great! The food was very tasty and the service was great. We had a problem with one salad entrée that was supposed to include chicken but came without any, this situation was rectified immediately by the staff. We will go back to Earl's again.Special Features:
- Disappointing Menu ChangeRobertoDined on 3/23/2014We have previously enjoyed Earls with our friends for late night Sunday dining after attending a dance venue.. We were extremely disappointed this time to find that the menu had changed to bare bones choices. Although the hamburger we all chose was excellent, we had looked forward to the Special Sandwich which was previously offered (Chicken, with fig). Also the wine list for wines by the glass is much too expensive for what is offered, I do not understand how this menu change can attract more customers in Cherry Creel as they apparently believe. We will not be returning
- Restaurant weekSvonDined on 2/27/2014I had the Salmon and it was amazing! The Salad was also delicious. I would have to say though that I was pretty disappointed with the desert. Although it tasted very good it was a tiny little dollop of ice cream. I was expecting a full ice cream sundae. Compared to the other restaurant menus for the week, I think Earls could have offered an appetizer and have been a little more generous with the desert. I left feeling that I didn't really get the value that Restaurant week is supposed to give.Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekchefmaryVIPDined on 2/22/2014Excellent chino ices for restaurant week and very good presentation and preparation. Our server Lucas was great and handled a very busy night very wellSpecial Features:
- SadRickDined on 2/22/2014Planned a great night out and was disappointed with dinner. Limited 5280 menu, the Calamari was bland. Service was slow. The steaks were good and the server was very nice but as I said Service was slow..
- Call aheadMisvanDined on 2/14/2014If you are looking to sit at an actual table, make sure you call to make a reservation and specifically request it. If not, they'll stick you at the bar area and won't even acknowledge that you made a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but Limited MenuRickDined on 2/14/2014The food was very good, although they have changed their menu which took us by surprise. The new menu, which I guess they are testing, is more casual dining with a limited number of dinner entrees. Their seafood items are very limited, essentially only one salmon entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary DinnerJimHDined on 2/8/2014We had a great time at Earl's. The steaks were perfectly cooked. My wife will often not finish the entre because it was either under or over grilled. great margarita and mojitosSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Earls Cherry CreekfranknmooreVIPDined on 1/26/2014Whatever your looking for -- Earls has it. This is a great place to go for any occasion. The menu is diverse -- all types of fare are served here. However, Earls also executes this impressive menu with skill. We had salad, a few sushi rolls, mixed drinks and even a burger. This is the Swiss Army Knife of restaurants and it simply just does many things so well is it hard not to recommend. While Earls has a few locations, the Cherry Creek location was very good and notable for quality service in addition to the previously mentioned experience. Maybe the most elite diners are not flocking to Earls (yet) -- but we sure did and had a very good with excellent service.Special Features:
- Food was fine. We orderedOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/10/2014Food was fine. We ordered aps and salad. 2 of the 3 aps we ordered were fried. We would not have ordered these if the description on the menu would have mentioned that fact. Otherwise, the food and service were decent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Earl'sMicheleDined on 1/3/2014Watch your check carefully. We were there for dinner during happy hour, and ordered several items from the happy hour menu. When we received our bill, we were NOT charged Happy Hour prices, but about $2 more per item. Food was good, but my husband ordered the special, a reuben sandwich, and it had VERY thin corned beef, and the price was $15! We probably won't be returningSpecial Features:
- A nice surprise............LianeDined on 12/31/2013We were able to get a reservation for New Year's Eve (somewhat last minute), and we were pleasantly surprised. We were expecting more of a "bar type restaurant," and this restaurant definitely offered more -- good menu, nice selections, and a great wine/cocktail menu. Our server was great, very pleasant and overall a good experience. We did have to wait a bit longer for our main entrees, but again it was New Year's Eve and the restaurant was full.Special Features:
- Thumbs down on New conceptOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/23/2013We love earls on cherry creek. Recently we've seen signs for a Special new concept happening there. Please being back the old menu! Not only were our favorites gone ( chicken tacos, chicken Brie sandwich, rib dinner, rocket salad) but there is hardly anything worth trying on the new small plate menu. It says they are for "sharing" but many things are not even shareable -- like the soup and the chicken taco ( not the same as he yummy old tacos -- one taco is on the "sharing" menu - our waitress even said "who is the taco for?"). French fries and dry ribs were very ordinary. Very very sad.
- Earls is getting better againEarlsDined on 12/18/2013Earls was a favorite in the past but had kept changing the menu to that it was not that great. Again the menu has changed as the waitress stated and was better than it was previously.
- GenericFoody257Dined on 12/17/2013This Canadian Chain is getting ready for a massive expansion into the US and this shows in the food - very generic. The steaks were very good, but the sauces were bland and nothing of note. They are definitely not pushing any limits and playing it safe in order to appeal to the masses. So a typical chain restaurant. Ambiance was modern and noise level was low, even though it was fairly busy. Sports TV (sound off) in the dining room as well as the bar does not seem to fit the setting - not even Outback crosses that line. Overall an average experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- This earl's in now an researchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/14/2013This earl's in now an research and development kitchen. The menu was limited esp. for vegetarians and those who don't eat seafood.Special Features:
- DissapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/19/2013I went there for lunch with a friend. WE both had a soup and salad combination. It was disappointing and very pricy. I can get better lunch elsewhere which is much more affordable.
- Earls didn't disappoint!brothers3Dined on 11/17/2013We thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience. The food was great and half price happy hour on Sunday went a long way. Our server was personable, attentive and very good at her job. We were given the table of our choice and were never rushed. Earl's lived up to expectations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good priceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/27/2013We went for early dinner before a play in Cherry Creek North area. The food was very good, the ambience and décor were fine (the bar was hopping with football fans, we were in the dining area). The staff were pleasant but not very available, I had to go find somebody to help with service. It's a comfortable, reasonably priced, well located place to meet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been there many times. onlydehead1Dined on 10/16/2013Been there many times. only complaint is that it gets very noisy at times. I always ask to be seated in the back. this time was pretty good but had to be reseated because next booth over was very noisy and we could not talk. food good, service pretty good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a CfoodieVIPDined on 10/12/2013Everything was good..nothing great..Food average as well as service
- Great placeCebulDined on 10/4/2013We really enjoyed the ambiance, the decor. service was excellent. Food was perfect. Good for an occasion (took my Mom there for her 80th birthday), or just to go out to dinner or have a drink. Gives you a very comfortable feeling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- business dinneraudreySDined on 9/24/2013We had a business dinner at Earl's, and sat outside on the patio on a gorgeous evening. Service was attentive and food was delicious. We had a young server who wasn't yet well-versed in opening bottles of wine, which caused a small disaster, but the manager took care of everything. And the server will learn how to open wine!Special Features:
- Service was had to findLakedeckVIPDined on 9/14/2013No one refilled our drinks, never ask us what we wished to est. Had to ask ask and askSpecial Features:
- While the service and ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/4/2013While the service and ambience were very good, i found the food ordinary and nothing special. There are many other restaurants in the area which providea better menu and food experience.
- Fantastic ServiceJennDined on 8/31/2013You can't beat the service at Earl's. Every time we go the servers, hostesses and manager all see to it that we are completely happy. The margaritas and mojitos are amazing! Order the dry ribs as an appetizer, yum! Everything we've ordered has been fantastic. Weeknights seem to be more crowded than weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business lunch with a longMisterOVIPDined on 8/23/2013Business lunch with a long term client. Food was excellent, as always! Service was very good also and the entire staff made us feel welcome. The manager, Sally, even stopped by to say hello. Great place with great people! David O.Special Features:
- We were in Denver for theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2013We were in Denver for the weekend and were glad that we picked this place! The service and food were both fabulous! The chef even personally delivered our food to the table! Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food/atmosphere. Poor service!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/26/2013Title says it all. Nice people but unaware and clearly not trained in the art of food service. Have eaten at other Earls in Denver.... Have had good experiences in the past. With the other options for dining in this general area this location will (probably) not get another chance.
- Earls in Cherry CreekLouiseDined on 6/10/2013Lunch with friends. Cold drinks came with only one ice cube and melted . Could not get more it took 15 minutes. My napkin had been cleaned but had food still on it. It was gross. Ordered soup....no spoon given and couldn't get one or find a server for 8 minutes. Duct tape on booth and looked bad. I have had a good experience there before but this was not a good experience. Food was just oka. Just not happy with the lunch.
- A favoritecinzersVIPDined on 4/27/2013We are never disappointed by Earl's. The menu has something for everyone and the food is great. Service is good and the larger booths are a welcome change from all the trendy restaurants that pack the tables so close together you have to yell to be heard.Special Features:
- Earl's food is always great!lrn71Dined on 4/27/2013Earl's food is always great! We enjoyed their ribeye special and the new halibut from the menu. We enjoyed our evening out!Special Features:
- Not bad. I wasn't crazy aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/19/2013Not bad. I wasn't crazy about the decor, very dark and uninviting. Food was good, we only shared one dish so not a lot to go off of.
- Too loud!Lou1Dined on 4/12/2013Food good, service fine but music way to loud! Plus it had a lot of big, big TVs on the walls! A Sports Bar that doesn't say it is a sports bar with food.Special Features:
- Earl's is our go to restaurant.MsJoCookVIPDined on 4/5/2013Earl's is our go to restaurant. Love the food and staff!
- if the food quality matchedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/20/2013if the food quality matched or better yet exceeded the service and atmosphere it would be a top notch restaurantSpecial Features:
- Dry Ribs are a must!TylerGDined on 3/6/2013Dry ribs are the best item on the menu; a must have.Special Features:
- We visited Earl's during 5280OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/2/2013We visited Earl's during 5280 Restaurant Week -always a busy time. The restaurant was beautiful, the service wonderful and the food excellent. Our only complaint would be the numerous TV sets in the restaurant itself. They were a little distracting. However, we would definitely return!Special Features:
- We had never been to Earle'sOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/2/2013We had never been to Earle's and tried it during restaurant week and were very pleased, more so than The Palm the following night. The blackened chicken was ample and made my head sweat, just the way I like it. My wife had the salmon and it was also delicious as were the fish and chicken tacos. We had a fabulous server and they kept the water filled almost the whole meal. Looke forward to going back.Special Features: