Eagle's Eye Restaurant - Kicking Horse Mountain Resort
1500 Kicking Horse Trail
Golden, BC V0A 1H0Neighborhood:
Wild GamePrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Eagle's Eye Restaurant - Kicking Horse Mountain Resort
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://kickinghorseresort.com/summer-main/the-resort/eagles-eye-reservations/
- Phone: (250) 439-5413
- Hours of Operation:
Open for Summer Season 2013 June 28-September 1.Lunch from 11:30 am to 3:00 pm. Only Summer Dinner availabilty is August 30th, for a Alexander Keith's Brewmasters Dinner, four course meal paired with beer for $85 including tax & gratuity.
Open for Winter Season. Lunch from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm
Dinner reservations available Friday and Saturday Evenings
Open every evening during the christmas holiday season.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wild Game, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Sylvain Bourget
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off site catering and private dining are available. Please contact our sales team to learn more. 1-800-SKI-KICK
- Entertainment: Over the winter season Eagle’s Eye plays host to a number of on mountain events; many of which include entertainment. Please visit www.kickinghorseresort.com to see the schedule for events and entertainment.
- Special Events: August 30, 2013 Alexander Keiths Brewmasters Dinner. Four course meal paired with beer for $85 including lift ticket, tax & gratuity.
Please contact our sales team to learn more. 1-800-SKI-KICK
A word from Eagle's Eye Restaurant - Kicking Horse Mountain Resort
Eagle’s Eye Restaurant is located at 7700 feet; the Summit of Kicking Horse Mountain. Hand carved tabletops; local timbers and stonework provide an elegant setting. Floor to ceiling windows frame panoramic views of the Rocky, Purcell and Selkirk Mountain ranges. The Rocky Mountain cuisine is complimented by an outstanding selection of Canadian wine and artisan beer. Join us for lunch daily, from 11:30 am to 3:00 pm. A reduced menu is offered from 3:00 to 4:00 pm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Eagle's Eye Restaurant - Kicking Horse Mountain Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great View..that's all!DKyycVIPDined on 9/21/2014We went to Eagle's Eye for lunch this weekend. The place has a spectacular view, but that's where it ends. The food is average, in fact, our soup came with a hair in it. After we brought this up to the server's attention; it did not seem like it was a big deal other than $1.50 off the food bill!Special Features:
- Perfect ExperiancebullstravelsDined on 9/21/2014Our Trip to KHMR , was topped off with an amazing experience at the Eagles Eye. Staff was fabulous & entertaining , Food perfect , wine list Awesome & the view wow was an experience on its own. Highly recommend lunch at the Eye for any occasion !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Great views from all tables, great food, good atmosphere, interesting decor, will recommend to anyone visiting the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always an Enjoyable ExperienceMileHighDinerDined on 9/7/2014We always bring visitors to the West to Eagles Eye at least once. Did prefer it when they had a buffet style lunch as the current menu is very limited unless one likes "weirdo" food! Pricing is very reasonable as compared to other ski resort restaurants (ie Sunshine Village) and quality is very good. Of course the views of the mountain ranges is nothing short of fabulous. If you go ask for an outside table to soak up these views. Our serviced this time was poor and for no good reason as the place was not full. This is our 8th or 9th trip to Eagles Eye and each time feels like a new experience.. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A date that didn't happenfoodiesDined on 8/29/2014With the strong recommendation on the Kicking Horse website to make a reservation at Eagle's Eye Restaurant, one would think that the restaurant would return the courtesy of notifying its patrons that the reservation could not be honoured due to the break-down of the gondola. This happened to me and 3 lunch companions, visiting last week from the US after we drove 1-1/2 hours to find out that we wouldn't be lunching there that day.
- fantasticsuperbob0002Dined on 8/23/2014This amazing restaurant has a view that is beyond spectacular. Dinner for one is $18-$30 per plate sans drinks. We went for a lunch pre wedding. The views made the elk burger with cherry ketchup take real pride in Canada.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NotsoimpressedDined on 8/16/2014We were there 4 years ago and came back this year because it was a memorable experience. This time the food and service was below expectations. The food portion was small and lacking flavour. We were also expecting the cost of the gondola to be off set with the meal cost. So the overall day was quite a lot more money than we were expecting.Special Features:
- IncredibleGypseysDreamDined on 8/3/2014Luckily, we made reservations. The restaurant was busy, but the service was great. A beautiful atmosphere and an amazing view!!! Cannot wait to come back in the winter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/1/2014The setting is breath taking but the food was disappointing. Crab cakes and burger very dry, salads were great. The experience is one everybody should try at least once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible view.Qb29Dined on 8/1/2014I've been here for lunch 3 times over the past 15 years. we come to golden to visit family so it's hard to do all that we would like to. The view looking down on the many mountain ranges and out over the columbia valley wetlands is outstanding. the interior of the restaurant is very attractive. The cost of the gondola lift at ~ $30.00/person on top of fairly steep prices for the food makes this event affordable only occasionally.Special Features:
- Seensational locationJPuppyDined on 7/31/2014The highest dining in Canada had to be experienced as my friend and I were in the neighbourhood. We weren't disappointed. A short stroll from the top of the gondola ride and we were at the Eagle Eye restaurant. Service and food was excellent. We were very luck to have a warm, sunny day so could sit outside with wonderful mountain views.Special Features:
- Staff need helpLikestodineDined on 7/19/2014Great view and good food. However the staff haven't been well trained in dealing with guests. Servers are not well versed in customer service and the restaurant hosts often leave people standing waiting too long before acknowledging their presence. The washrooms are usually messy with paper towels over the floor...bins near sink aren't emptied frequently and there are no bins near the exit. Also there may be weddings scheduled near the time of your reservation but there is no number to call to find out any info on a particular days schedule or to speak to someone knowledgeable about the restaurant. The Kicking Horse operation is more focused on selling real estate than dealing well with day to day customers resort activities.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MBmarcamDined on 7/16/2014Had lunch on July 16, 2014. Food and service were great. The view from the 7700 foot level is breathtaking. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Fantastic viewLuvtheviewDined on 7/9/2014The view was amazing which was the main reason for coming the food was good the burger we had some interesting flavours though we did find it took away from the flavour of the beefSpecial Features:
- Great venue on mountain ridge!LocalDinerDined on 6/22/2014This is the best spot we've experienced for gondola-access dining and views in the Rockies, summer and winter, with spectacular views to the west from the dining terrace. The food is tasty and artfully presented, and the staff is friendly and accommodating. So far, we've visited for brunch and lunch. Our group had a variety of dishes, including the breakfast offering of eggs, special bacon and diced potatoes with a tomato-based hollandaise (delightful, and more filling than you'd guess at first glance!), the pasta, and the chicken baguette (also very tasty), and all enjoyed the cheesecake and the coffee. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Top of the worldMax862Dined on 4/20/2014The view from this restaurant is simply outstanding. It takes a 15 minute gondola ride to get there, but well worth the time spent. The food is good quality and service is very good, but you are really paying for the view and that would be hard to beat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable, Fun Mountaintop LunchVolcamVIPDined on 4/2/2014My wife and I had an outstanding lunch here on Wednesday, 2 April. We drove to this resort near Golden, BC, from Fairmont Hot Springs, BC, and were so impressed with the gorgeous views all along the route. After purchasing a sightseeing pass for the gondola, we arrived at this place and were warmly welcomed and seated at a table with fantastic views of the ski runs and the majestic mountains. Even though we were not skiing that day, we felt at home here. My elk burger was so lean and delicious! Our desserts were memorable and were beautifully prepared and presented. We felt fortunate to be able to dine at such a unique location. Clearly, the staff and management exhibited pride in everything they did. We loved this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top of the world!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/1/2014Two days skiing at Kicking Horse, the first day we went for lunch at the Eagles Eye as it was my sons birthday. Service was great, food was outstanding (a couple of burgers, potato wedges, salad, beers, and complimentary B Day Cake), view was spectacular! Well worth the stop, if you are in Golden and looking for an out of the ordinary dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dining views in CanadaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/19/2014We were welcomed for lunch and hosted by a great team - we were celebrating two birthdays and we were not disappointed. Thank you SO much. Food was tasty and original … wild boar poutine for example!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food!cookie55Dined on 3/14/2014Overall our experience at the Eagle Eye restaurant was very enjoyable. Our food was delicious, I would highly recommend the smore's dessert!! We had great service as well. It is a higher end restaurant so our bill ran quite high- therefor I would recommend it for a special occasion. The only complaint I have is it was quite windy the evening we went and on our way down we got stuck in the gondola for 40 mins. It was freezing outside. Although its a fancy restaurant-forget your dress coats and wear your parkas!!Special Features:
- Awesome experianceCrumbaughsDined on 3/14/2014This was our second time at the Eagle Eye Restaurant. Service and view was awesome. Food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing placeHuckerDined on 3/7/2014best views, amazing ceasars, and the wild boar poutine is to die forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sitting on top of the worldTheMVHDined on 3/2/2014Spectacular View! And, not your typical ski lodge grub - this food is gourmet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best ski lunch in CanadaJoeEDined on 2/22/2014This is the best food you'll get skiing. Make sure to make a reservation in advance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- crowded and Cold18r73648nDined on 2/21/2014The restaurant was over seated and they placed us in what used to be a walkway. This caused my fiancée and I to be bumped several times by servers trying to fit between us and another table. The temperature was also way to low to not be wearing a sweatshirt. I have dined there before and the experience was amazing so perhaps there is new management that messed it all up.Special Features:
- AwesomeTracyDined on 2/15/2014A group of 9 of us age range 25 to 40 on a snowboard trip together, we decided to have supper at Eagle eye, fantastic food, great service, absolutely no complaints, we all loved it. Great way to begin our evening, we had supper Rez for 7 pm, not too busy so we had great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!SocialdinerVIPDined on 2/15/2014What an amazing experience, dining at 10,000 ft! The food was great, must try the dessert, small portions so you'll have room for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines on top of the worldCalebDined on 2/14/2014The valentines special was great the staff went out of their way to make it gluten free for one of our dinners. The night views from the top were nice with a star filled night. The shortcoming of this restaurant was is its very limited wine list at least on the white wine side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was very surprised at theOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/7/2014I was very surprised at the reasonable cost of food on the lunch menu adults and kids menu at the Eagles Eye Restaurant. The service was very friendly and the food came very fast! We were lucky to be there on a sunny day to enjoy the spectacular view of the mountains.Special Features:
- Best restaurant on the hillLuvskiingDined on 1/26/2014Great foot, reasonable price, friendly service, breath taking view... All over all 10 out of10.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/18/2014We brought a group of four (Two Couples) on a ski weekend, and had a couple cocktails and dinner. The service was excellent and very friendly, the food was extremely good wll portioned and presented and Creative!! We would definitely reccomend it for anyone willing to spend a few more dollars to have a special night out. We will likely be back again before too long!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ViewHungryDinerDined on 1/17/2014We had lunch at Eagle's Eye during our ski trip. My partner ordered the soup and sandwich but it wasn't near enough food so he ordered the Wild Boar Poutine which was very tasty. I had the scallops with polenta, which I'd never had before. The scallops were good but the polenta was dry and bland. I couldn't eat it all because of this so I ordered dessert, molten chocolate cake or something like that, which was yummy. The view is exceptional and is a good reason to stop in and have a drink, if nothing else. There is also an outdoor patio which wasn't open when we were there but it looked like it would be a great spot to enjoy an apres ski drink and snack on a sunny day. Service was also very good - prompt and courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/11/2014My husband and I went out for a nice birthday dinner on Jan. 11th. We were seated right by the fireplace and Tracy was our server. Everything exceeded our expectations. I cannot remember the last time we enjoyed food that much! The music was everything we love, food was beyond amazing (we could not pick a favorite between the Wild Boar and the Tenderloin), staff were above attentive.A great bonus to our perfect weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner amazing...Lunch not so muchTamradDined on 1/4/2014We had dinner reservations later that evening and we were a little aprehensive due to the poor lunch service. However, Tracy our server who has been there for 11 seasons was absolutely terrific. Not only was she knowledgeble about the food + wine, she was super friendly and even grabed be cup of hot water for my cold hands! She went over and above to make this a dining expereince for me and my husband to remember. We will certainly be back in the summer so we can enjoy the sunset on the patio this time. We just hope Tracy will still be there. My only suggestion for winter dining is try to make a reso closer to sunset, we had ours at 8pm and it was pitch black so there was no view to be seen other than the cat sweeping the hills. Lol.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service,food and ambienceLynnDined on 1/3/2014We eat up here a couple of times a year and it is a very nice treat! This trip was for dinner and then apres ski, they ran out of guacamole, so the chef made us a fresh batch immediately. The views are amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stunning lunch on a sunny ski dayCalgaryKateDined on 1/1/2014Delicious juicy burgers and good kids menu, great service, and fabulous view on a sunny day at Kicking Horse.Special Features:
- Our spectacular experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013Having made reservation for six ( three adults, a child, and two youth) really paid off as it was shown that we were expected and were given a window side table with a spectacular view. Our server was very tunnganaq (made us feel welcome and appreciated) and accommodating. I thoroughly recommend this spectacular restaurant for groups with or without children, Couples, or sinlrtons at the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eagle Eye AvergeCanuckAlbertaDined on 12/30/2013Our group of eight made a reservation at EE as a treat during our ski vacation at Kicking Horse. The location on the top of the mountain and gondola ride up were quite unusual as well as the menu which offered a variety of wild game. The restaurant is nicely decorated and has a warm mountain lodge feel to it. It was quite busy and although our waitress Marie did apologize several times it took 2.5 hours for our meal. Our group had a variety of dishes cod, wild boar, ravioli, and chicken and not one said any of them were above average. With average entre price of $40+ my advice is visit the EE during the day for lunch when you can enjoy the ambience and scenery at a lower price.Special Features:
- On the mountainOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/30/2013This restaurant has an incredible view and the food is great. Would have rated it higher but my soup came out and was only sort of warm and not hot and so did my coffee... Probably would have sent it back but it was a long wait and we wanted to get back to our skiing. Food tasted good but was expensive. Had an equally enjoyable meal that was less expensive minus the view at the blackdiamond restaurant at the base of the mountain near the gondola line.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- take a break from skiingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/29/2013We made a reservation and were happy we did. it was busy for lunch on the weekend. the food was good and made fresh for us. Lunch was not really extra special gourmet but very good for a Canadian ski hill. The wait was a little bit long for the food to arrive but we were extra hungry after a day of skiing! Recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.