123 Pottstown Pike
Chester Springs, PA 19425Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.eagletavern.com/
- Phone: (610) 458-5331
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Served Daily from 11:00 to 4:00
Dinner Served Monday- Thursday & Sunday 4:00-10:00
Dinner Friday & Saturday 4:00 to 11:00
Pub Menu Served until 12:00 am on Weekends
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: There are no room fees for the use of our private dining or meeting rooms. Price is based from our private menu. Accommodate your guests with open bar or cash bar, located in our private dining room. Whether you're planning a Special Birthday, Bridal Luncheon, Wedding Reception or Rehearsal Dinner, let us make your special day a memorable occasion.
- Private Party Contact: Eagle Tavern 610-458-5331x
- Entertainment: Friday Night Featured Singer, Saturday night live Jazz from 6:30 to 10:00 pm
- Special Events: Rehearsal Dinners, Bridal Showers, Birthday Parties, Business Meetings, Holiday Parties, Funeral Gatherings
A word from Eagle Tavern
At the Eagle Tavern, we our committed to creating a menu that will delight the taste of our guests. Having a real passion for creating dishes with fresh ingredients, our guests will experience our passion for great food at affordable prices. You can enjoy modern day cuisine in a Historical Chester County restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Eagle Tavern - Best Restaurants in Chester Springs ›
Eagle Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (35)special occasion (26)great for lunch (25)good for groups (22)vibrant bar scene (18)kid-friendly (15)notable wine list (13)fit for foodies (12)romantic (4)great for brunch (3)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Wanted to like this place...DJS8ballVIPDined on 11/8/2014We had driven by many times and always wanted to try the Eagle Tavern. We had an event in Douglassville starting at 9pm that we thought would give us the perfect chance to try our Eagle Tavern beforehand. The menu is very good. Also the servers themselves did a good job. The poor service rating I gave was exclusively for the kitchen staff. We had a 4 person reservation at 6:45 and ended up being late for our 9pm show. We had to ask for the check early during our entres and couldn't even look at dessert. No one ordered anyting unusual or prepared differently from on the menu so really there was no excuse for the sloooooooooow kitchen service, nor was one even provided. Our waitress looked sincerely frustrated and confused by the delay.Special Features:
- WillbebackDined on 11/7/2014The food is awesome!! Service is good, not great. I look for places where people really make you feel like they are glad to see you. That was not the case here. Also, it was pretty noisy. However, the food is so good that I will go back and would recommend it to someone else.Special Features:
- foodie1VIPDined on 11/5/2014the service was excellent; the kitchen was SLOW. tiny bread basket for 6 people. we enjoyed a very nice semicircular booth for 6 people. Our server was very patient and yet attentive as our group arrived one at a time. Once we placed our order, it took a long time for our food to arrive. My seafood creeps were quite good, but they were the only item on the plate. a vegetable, some cole slaw, lettuce and tomato...something colorful would have been a plus. the pumpkin bread pudding was delicious.Special Features:
- always safeTonyDined on 11/1/2014The food is always good. The menu has good variety. It is easy to walk in and have a good meal anytime. Service was great. I love eating at the bar. Good beer selection.Special Features:
- Much improvedEdieVIPDined on 10/10/2014New ownership is doing a great job. Wonderful service. Filet cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014Five of us had a wonderful meal and enjoyed being together. The food was delicious and beautifully presented, Our server is delightful! Thanks for a great afternoon. We have a date set for our next get together at the Eagle Tavern.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasedPotsyinVADined on 10/4/2014Our party of four had an excellent dining experience on a Saturday evening. We called ahead to ask for a specific seating need, and were pleasantly seated at our ideal table. The fish dishes, pasta with seafood and crab cake were all delicious (and the dessert we shared was to die for). We all felt we got "good value" for a lovely dining experience. I'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spotJoeKDined on 9/12/2014Over all a good place to eat. Nothing struck us as "Oh we need to come back here soon." but not disappointed either. Good food, good service, clean and comfortable.Special Features:
- Always worth itPeggyextonDined on 9/11/2014Especially that carrot cake cheesecake. i usually forego dessert, but another reviewer mentioned this item, so i tried it. i can't believe I ate the whole thing!! We patronize this place often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my wife loved the special attentionregjoe1Dined on 9/10/2014a little mixup with table but your group came threw with a very lovey dining expirence we will be back for more of your fine dining thank you for everything C RSpecial Features:
- Eagle Tavern is very enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/10/2014Very good food, and atmosphere. Our server said that it was her first day to wait tables following her training, and she did a good job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicous food & wam hospitalityOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014We were delighted with the handicapped accessibility of this restaurant and were warmly welcomed. We wanted a place where the five of us could enjoy a delicious meal and then sit and talk. This was the place. Thanks for your hospitality and good food. TedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As expectedEasytopleasehardtoimpressDined on 9/5/2014I've eaten here several times. Food is good but not especially interesting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Twin Lobster TailsOutAndAboutVIPDined on 8/21/2014Stopped by for their Thursday evening special. Meal was terrific as was the service. We always enjoy our visits... a terrific local spot to stop by and visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's a brand new wonderful placeGene4LisaDined on 8/15/2014My wife and I wanted to see what the new Eagle Tavern was like. So we booked a reservation on-line seeking a quiet evening out without the noise and many distractions of most of the restaurants in the Lionville-Exton area. What a pleasant surprise to find good parking, friendly staff, ambiance, tables spaced far apart, great food and a really friendly waitress. All in one night. Prices are more than reasonable considering the quality and presentation. I have lived in the area for 33 years and never stepped in the place until this week. We will definitely becoming regulars. Although after all these glowing remarks we may not get a reservation so easy next time on a Friday night.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceFood4thoughtDined on 8/2/2014This was our 3rd time we had dinner at Eagle Tavern and the food and service is still consistently very good. My wife had one of their entrée salads and it was a very large portion and very good. My fish dinner was perfectly cooked and just the right size. Our waiter was very attentive and made sure our water and ice tea were always filled. Overall, another great meal and great service. We will be sure to return.Special Features:
- We'll be backElizabethVIPDined on 7/30/2014Eagle Tavern is much improved since a few years ago. We've been a few times now and have always left happy. Most recently, we had the crab cakes and they were good (I am from MD). The meals we've tried have all had fresh ingredients, which I think makes a big difference. This is now on our list of local places to go for a good meal. The specials have always sounded interesting. Service has been friendly and attentive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- BigfredDined on 7/25/2014The menu was different from what I saw online. Specifically, there was no flounder with crab imperial on the restaurant menu. The service was excellent, the atmosphere lacking with the addition of some diner-type booths, and the prices have soared through the roof. Three of us had different seafood entrees, all very good, but when charging 5&6 dollars a beer, with entrees in the mid to high twenties, I can see why the place was only one quarter full.
- The following 77 reviews are from the Eagle Tavern reviews archive.
- Nice evening at Eagle TavernOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/8/2014We had the Tuesday evening special at Eagle Tavern, the BBQ Ribs, and they were delicious. The service was prompt and courteous. We will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive for what it isOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/31/2014Food is ok, fine. Service was attentive. Prices waaaaay too high for what it is. Won't be back
- A Birthday Celebration!ilovefood2Dined on 5/25/2014It was mom's 82nd birthday and the Eagle Tavern was a perfect spot to celebrate together. The waitstaff was warm, friendly and attentive. The menu offered a wonderful selection of food. Our meals were delicious. We had a very relaxing and enjoyable dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014Enjoyed dinner at the Eagle Tavern. Food was great, nicely renovated, good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- johnnyDined on 5/18/2014Improve Caesar dressing and cook beef tips less on my wife's salad. Snapper soup needs a new recipe, too flat even with sherry added. Overall experience was good.Special Features:
- Wonderful!Re8683Dined on 5/11/2014The staff from the hostess, to bus boys, to servers, to managers were all wonderful! Two managers came over to us to ask how everything was going and we're very friendly to our 6 year old (they complimented his suit and it made his day)! The food? All I can say is WOW! Calamari melted in our mouth, lobster tails were perfectly cooked and the prime rib was to die for! It was our first time there but definitely not our last!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No room to breatheOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/10/2014As someone who frequently hosts larger dinner groups (12+), I get frustrated when a restuarant jams an inappropriate number of people onto to a table. When the chairs are literally touching each other before someone is sitting in them, it should occur to staff that more room is needed. If one in our party hadn't been able to attend and if we hadn't "forced" our waitress to put someone on the end of the table, it would have been impossible to eat at the table.
- Annoyed at very very loud musicOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014To pay $ 23 for a pasta dish and receive no salad or. rolls with it ,I do not understand. To pay $7 for a bottle of filtered water is crazy!! Our waitress was new,and was attentive, but obviously not well trained . The band started at 9. pm and although we were far away from them, we could not talk any longer without yelling. It. should be background music in such a small place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant Surprise!SamiamDined on 5/3/2014I have lived/worked in Exton for 20 years and the Eagle Tavern had become an after thought. We had been wanting to try it again since it underwent an ownership change in 2012 and remodel. Can't believe it took this long! Wife, two boys and mother in-law went for an early dinner on a Saturday night and I was blown away...night and day difference. Menu/food was very good, service was top notch, and ambience was very nice with new decor and a little smooth jazz in the background. I will be back for a business lunch in the near future.Special Features:
- Outstanding!MincerDined on 5/1/2014My group was set up out on the porch. We were boisterous and didn't disturb anyone else. The restaurant was able to give us individual checks. Our food was excellent!! And, they didn't mind that we lingered for talking & catching up! This is a GREAT place to dine - lunch and dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy CornergmjlDined on 4/26/2014Our party of six (with a long-standing reservation) was stuck in a corner with two mismatched tables. We were very crowded and uncomfortable even though the resataurant was not full. The noise level was terrible. Our dinners were very uneven. The calamari was good; the chicken was overdone and rubbery; the pasta and fish dish was fair; the ribeye special was OK. The service was slow even though our waitress was quite enjoyable at a personal level.
- improving menu and winemetman4uVIPDined on 4/24/2014Eagle Tavern has improved the quarters, food selection all around. Prices are still at or slightly about the medium level. It is getting better folks.Special Features:
- We had a party off 6 and ourMoGrDined on 4/12/2014We had a party off 6 and our server was great. She was extremely professional. During the course of our meal, the manager even checked in to see if everything was okay. I have dined at Eagle Tavern 4 other times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/11/2014This was our first time dining at Eagle Tavern but not our last. The prices were very fair and the food was delicious! I had a petite filet mignon that was so delicious, I'm still talking about it!! We also had a terrific dessert, carrot cake cheesecake....YUMMMMY. The service was very good and attention by the small details (water refills, dish removal etc) was excellent. The guitar player was a pleasant surprise and not overwhelming. We will absolutely return to this gem right in our backyard. VAW, Malvern, PASpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceCaptainVIPDined on 4/5/2014Food and atmosphere were excellent. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very SatisfiedBob615Dined on 4/5/2014Had a reservation on a recent Saturday evening. Seated right away. Plenty of serving people who brought water, menus, bread, and took drink orders almost immediately. Food was excellent. Overall a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A FAVORITE NEIGHBORHOOD GEM!ChesterSpringsMomVIPDined on 3/28/2014The service is always friendly & attentive, Chip the manager is awesome, hostesses are so welcoming & friendly! Now, on to the food, it is exceptional and we always have trouble deciding, buy my son is addicted to the fish & chips! Everything comes out HOT and cooked to perfection. We LOVE The Eagle!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Came here with good friendsFrankDined on 3/21/2014Came here with good friends for lunch and it was a delightful experience. Very relaxed atmosphere with very good service and even better food. For some reason we often forget this place but that is going to change based upon our luncheon experience. Perhaps the owners of Eagle Tavern need to do more advertising: "Out of sight out of mind!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchnuggetDined on 3/14/2014We had a great lunch. There was 4 of us and we all had something different and were all very pleased with our meal and service. We will eat here again.Special Features:
- 4th visitnuggetDined on 3/11/2014I have eaten at Eagle Tavern 4 times now. The first 3 visits were wonderful. Great food and service. Don't know what has happened but service was not good I was with a group of 9 out on the porch. It was nice and quiet. My food was good but 2 meals were just bad. Over cooked meat looked like shoe leather. Cold Potatoes. My friends are still complaining about the hard dry beef they ordered med well. Other 7 did not even mention the food so I guess it was ok but not great. I will try one more visit as maybe this was just a bad day for the waitress and chief.
- the food was delicious andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/9/2014the food was delicious and the waitress was very attentive. We enjoyed the evening.Special Features:
- My family was there for SundayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/9/2014My family was there for Sunday lunch; we had a relaxing, enjoyable meal. Good variety on the menu and very reasonble prices. The dining room was filled with natural light and the decor was simple but up-to-date which resulted in a pleasant dining atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.