701 Yampa Street
Steamboat Springs, CO 80487Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.e3chophouse.com/
- Phone: 9708797167x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Everyday 11:30am - 3pm
Happy Hour 3:00pm - 6pm
Dinner: Nightly: 6pm - Close
Late Night Happy Hour 10pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Wild Game
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have the ability to create an amazing experience in our River Room. Just steps to the edge of the beautiful Yampa River from your own private entrance. Our team will work hard to create a menu to fit any budget. Our private dining room can accommodate up to 60 people and can be divided to accommodate smaller parties as well. We also book weddings for up to 200 guests. For larger parties please contact us for details.
- Private Party Contact: Dave Eliason 3076903116x
A word from E3 Chophouse
Created by the LaRoche family , E3 is Steamboat’s newest dinning experience. Located on the beautiful Yampa river in an amazing setting- downtown Steamboat Springs. E3 features the best seasonal, all natural products available. Enjoy daily specials, fresh fish 24 hour sea to table, amazing desserts from our pastry chef, wild game cooked to perfection and of course our steaks and chops. Our "ranch to table concept " starts with our cattle being raised humanly, in an all natural environment. We own our ranch, making this truly a family business we are very proud of. Our steaks and chops are cut daily in house and prepared the only way we know how, to perfection. We offer our steaks cooked using an over fired char broiler that will leave you wanting more. Our menus change frequently allowing us to provide only the best all natural meals to our guests. Vegetarian no problem,- gluten free no problem,- our chef will create a memorable experience for any dietary need.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
E3 Chophouse - Best Restaurants in Steamboat Springs ›
E3 Chophouse reviews from OpenTable diners
135 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (98)scenic view (98)special occasion (81)fit for foodies (50)romantic (46)notable wine list (42)good for groups (33)hot spot (33)vibrant bar scene (27)neighborhood gem (18)great for lunch (15)kid-friendly (12)late-night find (12)great for brunch (5)Show More
- Still working out the kinksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014The steak was the best I've ever tasted. But we had asked for it NOT to be butterflied and it came out butterflied. Sent it back and ended up being in the restaurant 4.5 hours for drinks and dinner. The food overcomes the service. Our sides were great, but are overpriced. Desserts are worth it!Special Features:
- E3 Chophouse a work in progressbuddyVIPDined on 8/30/2014This restaurant came highly recommended by our real estate person in Steamboat. It's relatively new so it is the "IN" place to go. The restaurant and patio are nicely appointed; however, we arrived for our 8 PM reservation at 7:30 PM and had drinks at the bar knowing we were early. We were seated at 8:40 PM and in between - the hostess never acknowledged the delay, or checked on us - we had to go up several times to see what was happening. We were just getting ready to leave when one of the staff came by to seat us. We stayed and then saw the waiter very quickly but the drink order and salads were delayed. I will say the manager did come by and apologize and gave us our drink order - gratis.Special Features:
- We enjoyed it.warriorbeastDined on 8/28/2014We had reservations and were seated right away. The food was good, and though we did not get seated by the window as we requested the sides facing the river were open and we could see out.Special Features:
- Loved itEnjoyoddiningDined on 8/26/2014Great food & wine. Server was friendly & smart. When they closed the doors to our dismay she suggested we go sit by the fire pit and finish our drinks and dessert and continued to serve us promptly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- E 3 Best Place In The BoatAlvinoDined on 8/25/2014Ordered a bottle of wine that they were out of. Usually, when that happens in a restaurant they say tough. At E 3, they gave me a better bottle at the same price. The food is always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- E3RonsreviewsDined on 8/24/2014Good food but very expensive. Entrees $30+ range. Bill $200 with tip for 3 people, no appetizers or dessert and $52 bottle of zin.Special Features:
- Not worthy of your time or moneyonefortheroad1Dined on 8/24/2014Arrived at 6:08 for a 6:15 reservation. Was told our table would be ready in 10 minutes. Sat in waiting area and seen what would be our table sit empty and nothing being done to it. Once seated service was slow and food was ok. Very nice setting, just wish they did a better job that would be worthy of there prices. Trust me and pass on this one.
- Overrated or still newSteamboatGirlDined on 8/23/2014I'm not sure if the restaurant is still too new or if they just don't have things down yet. We arrived 10 minutes early for our 7:15 reservation. We were told we would be seated "closer to the reservation time", which we understood give we were early, although there were numerous tables open. But as we watched people come in with later reservations or no reservations get seated, we started to get concerned. After waiting 25 minutes, we asked if we'd be seated soon and were told they were getting our table ready- still with tables empty. We were finally sat at our table after waiting 45 minutes, despite having a reservation. After being seated, it took a while to get our drinks. Then, our steaks/sides were overly salty. Overall disappointed.
- Double check your reservation.caybarbDined on 8/23/2014I made the restaurant and showed it on my computer for Saturday evening. E3 said our reservation was for the following night. This is the second time this has happened. Thus, 10 of us sat alone at an outside table, freezing...with no heaters. They either should hire people who can tell a Saturday vs. a Sunday evening, or stop taking reservations.
- Wonderful restaurantJP06Dined on 8/23/2014We enjoyed a delicious dinner for celebrating our son's birthday while visiting Steamboat Springs. I would recommend this as a special place to go. The food was served with elegance. The staff was very accommodating. We will DEFINITELY visit again when we are in town. Thanks for a special evening.Special Features:
- Best meal in SteamboatKathyAnnDined on 8/22/2014We had an excellent dinner and the staff was top notch with their service. I have several food allergies which were thoughtfully handled and a beautiful meal presented. Jen our waitress was incredible. Felipe was a delight and Dave was terrific. The atmosphere was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- criticaloldmanDined on 8/21/2014Terrific meat dishes, vegetables with the entree pedestrian, sides very good. But the service was indifferent and careless and slow with the restaurant uncrowded. Served wines of a different year than on the menu - too young for the fine wine we ordered.Special Features:
- Great food. Wonderful settingEatalotDined on 8/17/2014E3 is a chophouse that lives up to the name. Excellent cuts of meat from local ranches. Have been at E3 several times now since they opened last winter. In the summer they open the walls which are actually garage doors, opening up the entire inside to the Yampa river. Outside dining is available but even eating inside, you get that outdoor feel. Service has been great. It's a little pricey but with the food and ambiance, worth it. Great bar with enough TVs to keep the sports enthusiasts happy. The bar is nicely separated from the eating area so as not to overwhelm or interfere with the diners and the outdoor experience. Very good wine list. Deserts are awesome too. Downside, we were under a speaker and the music was a bit loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST DINING EXPERIENCE EVER!CHOPHOUSEDined on 8/16/2014I took my husband to E3 Chophouse for our anniversary and I am extremely happy that we decided to celebrate it there. We were sat on the patio. Beautiful evening outside. Our Server was amazing! BTW, I am very picky about my servers since I used to be a server and I expect a lot out of them! But our server was so awesome. The wine menu was nothing but the best selection. The Server helpers kept our water filled throughout the entire evening. The food was so so so very good! I have absolutely no complaints about our visit to E3 Chophouse. Loved it so much that I took all my friends back for lunch the next day and they all loved it as well...... Thank you for a great evening E3 Chophouse!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view and service, great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014We have been coming to Steamboat my whole life and E3 has quickly become a dining favorite! The view and patio are cozy and inviting, the staff is friendly and attentive and the food is amazing. We've been there multiple times and I've never had a bad meal or experience. Would recommend a thousand times over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- INCREDIBLE!FoodLoverDined on 8/13/2014E3 was an outstanding dining experience. The food was delicious, the menu reflected many items typically expected for a "steak restaurant", with several unique offerings. We were a group of 6 and tried the strip, elk, prime rib & filet. Everyone loved their entree, excellent meat with complimentary and unique seasoning. The beef carpaccio appetizer was a wonderful addition, nice size and deliciously smoked. The ending, homemade peach pie. Wow! The crust was awesome, not too sweet, just perfect. And to top it off, our server, Abigal, was knowledgable about all items and an absolute delight! She even arranged to have a whole peach pie available to us for our long trip home. Can't say enough great things! We'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced,understaffed,small drinkBoblDined on 8/10/2014We thought that the service was poor, food fair, and very overpriced. The drinks were extremely small pour, the price was top shelf. I was told manager is usually present, but we never saw him. The chicken was good, but the pork chop was only fair. They also had a problem with preparation for my guest, a vegan. It is a place I will skip on my next visit to Steamboat.
- YikesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2014The food was fantastic. Our server started out taking good care of us, but did not follow through once our meal came. We would have ordered more drinks if we could have. She was standing at the hostess stand chatting! Had brought people to E3 before and had an outstanding experience. Too bad that didn't happen this time.Special Features:
- Outstanding experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014Lorraine was fabulous as was the food and ambience! We live in Steamboat and love going to eat at bar when outside full!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!YournicknameDined on 8/9/2014The food was delicious, cooked perfectly to order. The service was outstanding, with great recommendations for food and wine choices. The restaurant has a great outdoor seating area with a beautiful view of the Yampa river and Howelson Hill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable experienceStephenVIPDined on 8/9/2014Ate dinner here while in Steamboat for Wine Festival. Incredible food! An overall great experience.Special Features:
- waterside fine diningtxsteamboatconvertDined on 8/9/2014We celebrated our anniversary and it was wonderful. We dined outside by the river and it was a spectacular view. The food was excellent. Our waiter John was very good. I think he had several larger groups besides us and they were very demanding of his time. He was so busy. The group next to us was obviously having a great time but a bit loud and demanding of John's time. Not anyone's fault of course... I would certainly recommend this restaurant to others. Outstanding. We got a special dessert that was arranged by our friends ahead of time and presented with a sparkler in the middle . Wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodfoodDined on 8/9/2014Very nice atmosphere. The wait staff was excellent (Alexandria) Food was very good. Wine selection great. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect except the noise levelAfriendlyfoodieDined on 8/9/2014The food was out of this world, service was great, but it was extremely noisy. We did attend the restaurant on a Saturday night during a weekend with three festivals were happening and the place did not seem too busy the following Sunday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014Felt like we were forgot about. Sat there for over 15 minutes with two empty glasses. Finally I think one of the manager came over and asked if we needed a refill. Felt like we were forgot about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average at bestFoodieinSteamboatDined on 8/5/2014Service was slow...very slow. Our server was very friendly and I'm not sure the pace was her fault however. My steak was fine, not the best I've ever had but good. Someone else in our party however had to send his back twice...the first time it was over done, the second it was under done. Find it hard to believe that a NY strip would be that difficult to cook properly, particularly at a restaurant that supposedly specializes in steak. They did go out of there way to make it right and did not charge us for the steak or that dessert. I appreciated their efforts tremendously, I just wish it would have been right the first time. I will return for the happy hour, but probably not for dinner. I don't think it's worth the price.Special Features:
- Expected much betterFrequentCOdinerDined on 8/4/2014This was our first time in Steamboat and we had heard great things about this place. The setting, decor and building design are exceptional compared to the surrounding restaurants. Unfortunately, as we have noticed in Colorado, the service was not up to par for such an expensive restaurant. We had 5 adults and 4 children. They left the wine glasses in front of the children's place settings, messed up two orders, and we had to ask three times for a second round of wine. Baked potatoes were incredible. Steaks were amazing overall but they under-prepared the medium rare requests. Desserts were okay but not amazing.Special Features:
- Couldn't ask for moreJeeptrvlrDined on 8/3/2014The setting on the river was amazing. Haven't had a better steak in years. I wasn't expecting so much in such a casual town such as Steamboat Springs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- E3 ChophouseLetseatoutDined on 8/3/2014The food was scrumptious, great atmosphere, very nice wait staff. The kitchen is very, very slow, however.Special Features:
- Too expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Not happy about all the extra charges on the bill when it came. Charged for split plate but didn't warn us ahead of time, they charge extra for each side you want with your already very expensive steak.Special Features:
- Great Find thanks to Open Table2foodiesVIPDined on 7/31/2014We chanced upon this little gem on Open Table as we were driving in from Denver. We made it just in time for their last lunch reservation. What a fabulous experience! The view as you sit outside along the Yampa River was excellent. Food was great & servers were great to chat with. Live music started at 3pm in the afternoon to relax as you enjoy lunch or a cocktail. What a great start to a long weekend we spent in Steamboat. We loved it so much we went twice for lunch in a 4 day weekend! Definitely must try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful!!!!LadyUtahDined on 7/29/2014I took a dear friend to E3 for dinner as her birthday gift. We both loved it!!! My rack of lamb was fantastic! My friend is still talking about how great the vegetables (Yes, vegetables!) with her skillet chicken were!Special Features:
- Fine diningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/28/2014Food was excellent. Poke appetizer especially good. My pork chop was perfectly prepared. I dislike waiters that interrupt conversations at the table with "are you ready to order?", "what would you like to drink" etc. Annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celiac friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014The wait staff was incredibly knowledgeable and accommodating to a gluten free meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and the service were great.AkisanDined on 7/26/2014From the time of stepping through the door, the service was amazing. Attention to detail and to us as guests was all that we had expected of a fine dinning experience, and then add on the food, what a treat. Thanks E3! FYI Finding parking close by proved to be a challenge, we had to hunt to find a parking space 3 blocks away but this is not E3's issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvtheboatDined on 7/26/2014Steaks and sides were very good. Veggies served on the plate were fair. Our waiter was clearly inexperienced and injected himself in our conversations in a highly annoying way. Although tasty, for the same cost, I would go to Bistro CV or Cafe Diva.Special Features:
- Always wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/24/2014We have eaten at E3 several times since they opened. It's our favorite restaurant in Steamboat Springs! Always such a good time and wonderful food. The staff is super - competent and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Steamboat additionchillDined on 7/23/2014First time there for dinner. It is a nice and different variety than the other restaurants in town. Excellent service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not Great!LeftyMHVIPDined on 7/22/2014The restaurant is beautiful and is located on the lovely Yampa River in downtown Steamboat Springs. Unfortunately, the food does not live up to the facility. The competition among restaurants here is amazing with 3 or 4 restaurants having world class food but E3 is not in that group. In fact, the food was better at the restaurant that previously operated at this location. The prices are as high or higher than the best restaurants in Steamboat. Hopefully, the food can catch up to the prices and the facility. In spite of its mediocre food and high prices, I would recommend trying this restaurant for the sake of enjoying its beauty and ambiance.Special Features:
- Tasty filet mignonMtnTrekkerDined on 7/17/2014Nice experience with great view overlooking river. Service and food were as one would expect in this price point. Really decent but not likely to blow you away. I will be back.Special Features: